Days of Our Lives - Mon, July 27, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Paige walking in on the shirtless JJ in Club TBD's back room. Paige isn't done yet. He isn't ready to hear the laundry list of his misdeeds. Paige wants to talk about something else. Paige tells him not to worry about her. Kyle can't hurt her, nobody can ever hurt her again; she's not that naïve girl anymore. Don't worry about who I'm with, nobody can hurt me how you did. She'll never feel that way about anyone else. JJ looks like he's about to console her when Bev enters.

At Will/Sonny's, Adrienne answers the door to find Kate. She makes snide remarks, Adrienne says she's just babysitting, Lucas isn't even here. Kate has brought another gift for Arianna, a very cute floaty set. Doesn't match her swimsuit. Kate thinks Adrienne will try to take credit, says if she's dumb enough to divorce Justin, anything's possible. (Kate: meet Kettle.) Kate thinks there's probably plenty of blame to spread around, thinks Adrienne's a fool to walk out on him, doesn't think this is what Justin really wants.

At the KMansion, Justin is working when Lucas enters. Justin doesn't want to fight; Lucas serves him with a summons. (Countess W filed an unfair trade complaint against Mad World.) Justin is unfazed, he deals with this all the time. Petty bickering mixed in with a business argument over the London deal. Lucas is about to leave, Justin holds him back, says that what happens isn't about Justin and Adrienne anymore. Lucas asks if Justin's ready to give up. Wonders if Adrienne is worth the fight. Justin is confused; Lucas points out that he and Adrienne are friends first. Says he's been where Justin is before. Wonders if he didn't give up too easily, doesn't want Justin and Adrienne to feel the same way. He leaves Justin to read the papers.

At Club TBD, Paul orders a triple espresso from Sonny. He needs it for his meeting with Kate. Sonny is under the delusion that Kate doesn't hold grudges (because, "If people in this town held grudges, she'd have been run out of town a long time ago, and she knows that,"). Paul asks for dirt on Kate, to level the field; Sonny doesn't gossip. Will arrives. Isn't upset that Sonny and Paul are talking. Invites Paul to join him & Sonny on the town tonight, as Adrienne is babysitting. Paul doesn't want to intrude, talks about not having gay friends, wants to balance home/work/social lives more. Paul thinks this would be weird. Will offers to invite someone. Cue Derrick, who enters to pick up coffee. Will invites Derrick to join them. Will pulls Sonny aside, Sonny thinks the idea is good; Derrick wonders what he just walked in on, Paul invites him out, as a friend. This will be "fun," claims Sonny.

At Dan/Nicole's, the make-out session is interrupted by bad vibes. Nicole can't explain it. Daniel tries to reassure her that nothing will break them up. Worries about how things have been for her "since always," thinks maybe god is against her for defying his will, etc. Daniel continues to be positive. Parker runs out, has made another gift for Nicole. Maggie arrives, sees the signs, and Parker says, "She's gonna stay forever." This catches Maggie off guard. Daniel needs to talk to Maggie, Nicole takes Parker aside. Maggie is worried that Parker will bond with Nicole, and then...; and then nothing, Daniel explains he's proposed, and she accepted. Maggie thinks this is fast; Daniel wants Maggie's blessing, but will Marry Nicole, "No matter what." He brings up Maggie/Victor, asks if she has regrets. "This is true love," he says. She's not against love, hopes he's happy; they hug as Nicole and Parker come out of the back room. Maggie hugs Nicole, congratulates her. Wants to know about the wedding plans; Daniel takes Parker out for ice cream (before Parker is to go with Maggie). Nicole and Maggie find being alone together awkward.

At St Luke's, in the confessional, Eric is relaying what happened. Father Louis asks if they got physical. Eric describes how Nicole was his first love, and how he wanted to touch and hold her (as Serena listens in from her hotel room). He couldn't stop himself from reaching out to her. He slams his hands (against his legs, it appears), this cuts out Serena's connection. In her hotel room, Serena is sure that "that witch" slept with Eric, and wants to kill her. Back at the confessional, Father Louis points out that Eric sounds tortured. Eric says that the moment was perfect, if he had to die, he wanted Nicole to be the last face he saw. He wanted her, not just physically. Although they were close, they didn't make love...and the feelings didn't go away after they were rescued. Father Louis asks what Nicole's feelings are, Eric explains how she is in love with another. Father Louis advises him to turn it over to god, pray for guidance. Father Louis tells Eric that what's best needs to be guided by god. It's a blessing, there's so much love between them all.

In her hotel, Serena listens to the tape over and gets upset. She goes to the Brady pub, where Xander taunts her. Points out that he didn't ruin her life all by himself. Of course, Serena blames someone else (not herself) as well, will make her pay.

At the Kmansion, Adrienne is showing Justin pictures of Arianna, Justin mentions Lucas stopping by, talks about the suit and his talk with Lucas about Adrienne/Justin. Adrienne is as shocked as Justin was, Justin relates how Lucas just wants what's best for Adrienne, even if it's Justin. Justin is sure they made the right decision.

At Dan/Nicole's, Nicole assures Maggie that she doesn't want to hurt Parker or Daniel (and won't call Maggie, "Mom,"). She loves Daniel so much, it took them a long time to get here, but they did it. Daniel is her best friend.

In the garden path, Eric is speaking to the lord, looking for the answer. He hears Daniel and Parker talking about Nicole moving in, and how much fun they'll have.

In the TBD backroom, Paige leaves, JJ asks Bev what's up; she has VIP tickets to a music festival in Sommerdale. She cuts herself off, can't do this anymore. She can't keep watching JJ pine for Paige, not accepting the fact that it's over. Bev tells JJ how Paige told her to keep him away from her (Bev's) mother. Bev's parents want to send her to Europe; she turned them down because she thought they were starting something. It was just their way of keeping her from JJ. She's now tired of being used by JJ to get over Paige; doesn't think he'll get over her. She leaves as JJ attempts to apologise. She knows he didn't intend to hurt her, he's just a mess. They hug and she leaves. She wishes him good luck getting over/getting back with Paige.

At Club TBD, Kate is glad Paul arranged the E! interview, she can't stand the E! woman, barbs are exchanged; Sonny comes by and makes cracks about the name Vanquish, which he likens to a "male enhancement drug" and thinks Kate should demand a recount. Thinks Paul has a better name, Paul knows his place, after Sonny leaves, wants the name Narita by MadWorld, which was Will's idea. This takes Kate aback, Paul says they're trying to be friends, talks about their plans tonight.

In the Square, Will asks Derrick to talk to him, they go to a private bench area; they talk about "it," which was "awkward," but "worked." (Lucas caught sight of them in the Square.) Will has sent Derrick information about Paul, secret stuff that didn't make the article. Will is sure that Paul will eventually think romantically about Derrick, tells Derrick to "play it smart." Will arranged Derrick's arrival at TBD; Derrick has to go read the articles, leaves. Enter Lucas. Will's not in the mood for a lecture, figures out from Lucas' scowl. Lucas doesn't want to lecture Will, wonders what's happening with Derrick if things are going so well for Will/Sonny...why is Will skulking around in the bushes, etc. Figures out that Will wants Derrick with Paul in order to keep Paul from Sonny. Will is sure the night will be fun. Lucas feels Will's efforts would be better served if he was working on things with Sonny. Says, "You're worse than your mother," as he leaves.

Back at Daniel/Nicole's, Daniel is prepping Parker to go to a game with Maggie. Maggie wants to throw a party for them, wants to talk dates after the game. Nicole gets a text from Eric, he has to see her ASAP, "It can't wait!". Daniel thinks it's work, Nicole says she has to take care of this right away (doesn't confirm or deny its being a work-related text). They joke about their cooking skills (he's planning to cook dinner while she's out). She leaves, looking a bit worried.

In the Square, Daphne comes up to Paige, who's miles away; she relates (in her own twisted way) how she "ran into" JJ and got into it with him over Kyle, and how JJ was "spying" on them. Daphne thinks JJ's "so basic." Paige just wants to forget she ever knew him, but it's not that simple. Daphne wants Paige to "hold the line on this" and get over JJ. Paige gets a text from Kyle, says she's working on it.

At Eric's, Eric announces to Nicole that he's found the answer. He is sorry for making things uncomfortable for her. He clasps her hands; tells her he loves her, wants her to have the life she wants. Eric vows he'll never tell Daniel about what "happened" that night. (Not "almost happened," happened.)

At Daniel's, Serena arrives with something Daniel "needs to hear."

I'm only going to comment on Will as of now and this is based purely on what I've read since I can't watch until later. Will is waving goodbye to dirt bag in his rear view mirror and saying hello to pathetic dirt bag. Paul has told him he's not ready to date yet Will is scheming to get Paul and Derrick together. I know some may ask what's the big deal, he's just helping Derrick, but it's so much more than that. He's giving Derrick personal information to be used to manipulate Paul. This is low! And I have to ask why? Why is he doing this? Sonny stayed with him after he committed two affairs. He's stayed with him through the manipulations and the lies. Why is he still scheming? Lucas is right, Will is worse than Sami! Sami lied and manipulated with a purpose. Will is lying and manipulating for the sake of lying and manipulating.

Very funny dialogue today.

Now that Daniel is cleaned up a bit, and isn't being holier-than-thou...I'm honestly a bit torn. Of course, this is just to make Nicole unhappy eventually...but I'm really having trouble deciding whom I want her with. When Eric was in the confessional, I wanted Eric/Nicole together. When Nicole was talking to Maggie, I wanted Daniel/Nicole together. (Now calm down...I'm sure this will pass. LOL) Exceptional writing for this triangle.

Paige - leave, die, whatever. JJ, too. I'm actually more interested in Bev, whose parents dislike JJ and who have enough cash to send her to Europe for a diversion. Seriously why do the side characters get so much more interesting stuff than the supposed "heroes"?

Meanwhile, Paige is delusional. SHE followed JJ to a back room and hollered at him, even though he tried to get her to leave. I'm hoping this leads to some sort of breakdown.

Who's surprised that Will schemed this Derrick/Paul meeting? *crickets chirping* Yeah, I thought so. :)

I'm not sure what Justin's smoking, but methinks he's been visiting Rory.

Meanwhile, Bev was okay with being JJ's transitional girl as little as two weeks ago. What changed? And don't tell me JJ's such a great catch. Then again, I could almost understand it if she thought JJ was OVER Paige and they'd just have fun together. BUT then she realised JJ's not over Paige...oh who am I kidding, I shouldn't spend more time thinking about this than the writers did. LOL

... Will is waving goodbye to dirt bag in his rear view mirror and saying hello to pathetic dirt bag. Paul has told him he's not ready to date yet Will is scheming to get Paul and Derrick together. ...

Actually, Paul has only stated he's not ready for a relationship, serious, committed type relationship, which is what he feels Sonny wants now. But otherwise hear, hear to your post!

I blame crappy, crappy, crappy writing. We just have to wait it out until the new writers start, sadly.

My big take-away from this is I hope Lucas realises Sami wasn't all glitter and gold. I mean, I am always going to be a Lucas/Sami fan. But he's been waxing so sentimental about her lately, forgetting many of the evils she did. I hope we get a scene where he reflects on that, as well.

Not a terrible episode today. Really liked Bev standing up for herself. Funny how all the parents in town seem to want to keep their daughters away from JJ. :rotfl:

The writers are finally letting Kate be Kate. Loved her interactions with Sonny and Paul today in particular.

Will's look after Lucas told him he was worse than his mother. Priceless.

Thanks for the summary, a decent episode.

Bev was great today! I agree that she's WAY more interesting than Paige, who's supposed to be a main character. My goodness, I just can't stand seeing Paige and JJ anymore, though. It's been like 2 months of them having longing/angry looks at each other. I'm over it! I'm also over Serena and Xander, Why are they still on the soap? What more could they possibly have to offer?

I'm torn between Nicole & Eric and Nicole & Daniel as well. I still hope she ends up with Rafe in the end, but let's face it: she has chemistry with both men, and Daniel and Eric are no longer acting like judgmental shrews anymore. Also, it was nice seeing Maggie today.

I'm sick of Will's lies and schemes, and loved what Lucas told him. That said, I'm also glad that Will is trying to get Derrick and Paul together, because they'd be a nice couple in my opinion. I also like the new name Paul chose for the scent.

Justin/Adrienne/Kate/Lucas: this is getting ridiculous and needs to end already. Can't believe that Corday called this "a cute story". :rolleyes:

Thank you for the summary.

My favorite parts involved Daniel/Parker/Nicole/Maggie and Bev.
Bev has definitely turned out to be an interesting character.
Derrick is a much nicer character than Will, too. Wish he wasn't scheming with him.

Narita By MadWorld is 100% better than the name Vanquish. Vanguish sounds like a Viking or Hun raiding a village to me instead of a baseball player / model. Just a weird thought....could Mr Corday really be releasing a cologne like some other soaps have done in the past?

I got kind of a chuckle out of Daniel's assertion to Nicole that he's a worse cook then she is. Yeah right, Dr Dan, the Man with the Tan actually not being good at something? He probably makes Chef Boyardee look like a rank amateur.

Having never really paid much attention to her before I have to say that I really liked this more mature Bev we saw today. I'm sorry to see her go, I hope she comes back.

Oh and Late breaking news: Will Horton is a complete and total idiot!! :eek: I mean who knew right?

Seriously at this point I'm starting to think words like "fool," "idiot," "imbecile," or "moron" are simply no longer sufficient to describe young Mr. Horton. I'm actually inspired by him to try to create a new word to add to the English language to describe someone of a less than advanced IQ based on him. That's quite an achievement on his part I must say.

You go, Will!!

I liked that his father was on to him. But no lecture, go ahead, lose the life you claim you love. By your own hand you are undermining yourself.

I also liked that Lucas told Justin that perhaps he himself gave up too soon, did not fight long enough. (Personally, I don't think it would have done much good, as Sami is a dolt, but that is another thread. LOL)

I do not know why Kate thinks everyone else's love life/marriage is her business, and it matters not who it is. Does she HONESTLY think she is anywhere near Ann Landers' ability? But then, Ann Landers only gave advice to those who asked. Kate would never be that polite.

...Personally, I don't think it would have done much good, as Sami is a dolt, but that is another thread. ...

That's a whole other BOARD!! LOLOL

It's funny to me that Kate keeps giving out advice. She's been married what - 10 years of her life...and not consecutively, either!!? Not a great track record!! LOL

It's so hard on me when they pit characters I like against each other. That said, I snorted when Justin was talking about his years of experience as a lawyer as opposed to whatever it is that Lucas does. Took me back to his dig about how EJ was a lawyer like Snookie was an actress. The man has his uncle's classic sense of snark.

I was trying to think of Kate's marriages.....and outside of Curtis Reed & Stefano, there really are no others. Oh, she planned to marry Roman, but that was a hallucination, (they were NOT ever married) and also planned to marry Victor, that fell thru as well. Oh, she has had tons of affairs, yep. Kate seems to meet someone, and as long as he wears pants, she does the horizontal mambo. Makes me wonder how she feels about kilts. LOLOLOL :wink:

The "deaths" never happened, but the other things happening at that time did. Roman and Kate divorced after he and Marlena made their way back to Salem after being held hostage in the castle.

Every now and again, Kate and Roman mention their brief marriage.

Lucas did say the best line to Will today. I'm ticked off Will is only "acting" being
nice to Paul. I wonder if he's seeing a therapist like he said he was.

I wish god gave me answers as fast as Eric got his. He just happened to
ask about Nicole then he saw Daniel and Parker, but it's Salem and things
work differently there.

Sorry to see Bev go, but she's right JJ still has feelings for Paige.

I wonder if Kate will change the name of the product now.

I hope we'll get to see Arianna in her new swimsuit.

Thanks for doing the summary, Jason.

She was also married to Victor, although it was later deemed invalid. (If we want to get technical like that, Marlena's only been married twice. :sick:)

She also cheated during every marriage and it generally was the reason the marriage ended. So her giving advice to Sonny/Will and/or Adrienne/Justin is just bonkers to me.

Back