Days of Our Lives - Mon, July 27, 2015

Once again, the old line "how low can you go?" applies to Salem residents. First, there was the brat boy giving out information obtained in an interview for a reason completely unrelated to the purpose for its initial disclosure. Then there's Bluebird rushing to the Love Doctor's door with an illegally obtained recording of the sacrament of Confession. Both manipulative Will and conniving Ms. Mason now deserve a spot in Nick Fallon's portion of the Salem River. As for good lines, there were: 1) Sonny: "I don't gossip." This makes him highly unusual for Salem; 2) Dr. McScruffy: "There's nothing to worry about. Sorry, Love Doctor, in Salem there's always something to worry about; and 3) Father Louis to Eric: "You sound tortured." Yes, Father, Eric's tortured all right, but so are the viewers who have been putting up with him for far too long.

You know what. There sure has been a lot of drug use driven plots these last couple of years. JJ's drug use leading to his expulsion from school; Theresa's drug use and overdose; Brady's relapse into drugs and alcohol; Clyde bringing his drug business to Salem; Paige now taking up with drug dealer Kyle. Why the heavy focus on a topic when they aren't investing nearly as much time and effort into as it deserves.

Well, I guess, once upon a time, they used alcohol....Maggie, Lucas, Brady, all were alcoholics,. there may be others before I began watching. Now it is drugs. even now, at first it was weed, but they are "talking" harder stuff as well. But heck, we also are seeing texting addiction. LOLOL Salemites cannot even walk in the square without bumping into others, or bushes or whatever, they are so busy with those texts.

Lol, I was trying to get out of Wal-Mart yesterday and there was a woman walking ahead of me. She was totally engaged in texting and I couldn't seem to get around her so I decided to just cool it and creep along until she got out of the way. Was hoping she'd put that thing away before she had to cross the driveway. She did. :back:

You know what. There sure has been a lot of drug use driven plots these last couple of years. ... Why the heavy focus on a topic when they aren't investing nearly as much time and effort into as it deserves.

Two words: Hack writing.

It's no different than their overuse of affairs, opening a door to find someone there, covert bugging, etc. The shallow characterisation (Ben is a hothead when Chad is nice, Ben is nice when Chad is calling Abby names, etc.). The fact that Gary Tomlin will have the 6th longest tenure as Head Writer on the show is a REAL Travesty and doesn't speak well for daytime's future, in my opinion.

That being said, I think it's funny how Brady is a "hero" despite his drug history, while Kyle is a "villain." Oh well, I shouldn't expect more than third-rate Afterschool Special writing from Tomlin & Whitesell, should I? :wink:

Back