Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 4, 2016

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Lots of bad pacing, editing and transitions today folks.

Repeat of Friday’s ending. Rafe is at the cop shop. He is looking at a flash drive in the interrogation room. Sees Aiden visiting Andre. He used a fake name. Next scene Rafe is back in the main room and Shawn comes in. Asks if he is just getting to work. He says he is working on another fire case. They have a serial arsonist possibly. Rafe looks really upset and Shawn asks what is wrong. Rafe needs to sit on it for a while. Shawn presses and asks if it’s about “my mom”. Rafe can’t feel good knowing she is off with another guy. Rafe says it’s not his business anymore. Says he will tell Shawn if and when he figures it out. Shawn gets called away on another case. Tells Rafe he hopes he figures out whatever it is that is going on. Rafe looks at the image again and gets a call about the Salem Inn. He asks what room number and leaves.

Repeat of Friday’s ending. Aiden is packing. Hope tries to stop him will not let fear get in the way. Aiden says they haven’t gotten past it yet to move forward. He loves her and can respect her feelings. She kisses him. They fall on to the bed kissing fully clothed. Hope eventually flashes back to their wedding night in bed when Aiden said he had to go get her surprise. “It had better be worth it Jennings”. Then flashes back AGAIN to the scene of removing his mask. She stops kissing him and screams NO. Hope says she wasn’t saying no to him just that she keeps seeing images of the wedding night. Aiden says bringing them away to try to forget isn’t working. Hope agrees. It was her idea to go away. Aiden is sorry for causing her so much pain. Hope is just not ready. Aiden understands. He doesn’t want to force what’s not there. Hope says it will just take more time. He asks her what if she’s never ready. She doesn’t know the answer. Going away didn’t solve their problems. He is the one triggering her awful memories. They have the same conversation yet again. They decide to return to Salem in the morning. Aiden wants to do something to make this easy. She knows. They are sitting on opposite ends of the bed now soap staring. Hope goes back to her room. Evil music plays while Aiden sits on the bed glaring and clutching the bedspread!

JJ, in plain clothes with no visible badge, is at Shady Hills questioning a patient. Dr. Robinson is in the room. Patient says Abigail only spoke to the new young girl. He asks if she means Ciara Brady. Next scene JJ is asking Dr. Robinson when Ciara comes in. Not until this evening. He is going to interrogate a couple more patients. Next he questions Chase. Ciara and Abigail were close but hardly talked. JJ says other patients said otherwise. Chase says he knows Ciara didn’t help Abigail escape because he was with her at the time of the escape. Ciara is now eavesdropping. Chase says they were in the reading room. Chase is defending Ciara saying she doesn’t know anything about Abigail’s disappearance. JJ sees Ciara. He reiterates she and Abigail were close. Ciara says she hardly saw Abigail while working. She is not sorry Abigail got out. JJ is sorry as she was safe there. They argue. JJ asks about Chad. Ciara defends him and says he is not hiding anything.

Chad is at DiMansion reading Abby’s letter again.(Editor’s Note: Didn’t JJ already take this into evidence?). He crumples it. Can’t believe it. Ciara comes in and asks what can’t he believe. Chad can’t believe she is gone. Says the letter is her handwriting but that’s not her. Ciara asks where he got the letter. He says from Andre and storms out.

Andre is in his hotel room looking at a house on an iPad. Explosives are on the bed. Chad bangs on the door(this is literally 2 seconds after he stormed out of DiMansion). Andre hides the explosives before opening the door. Chad finds it convenient Andre found the letter in his living room. Says he read the letter first and accuses him of knowing where Abigail is. Andre denies it. Chad starts to leave. Andre says he lied about one thing. He says Abigail gave him the letter. He saw her after she escaped. Andre says he tried to convince her to stay. She was sad and emotional, felt she was doing the right thing. He couldn’t bind her. Chad asks why he lied about the letter. Andre is ashamed he couldn’t convince her to stay and it would be devastating to Chad. Chad says he makes it impossible for anyone to believe him. Andre wanted him to think he has a heart. Chad says he has no heart. Andre hopes this won’t screw up their arrangement. Chad walks out. Later Andre is on the phone asking if his delivery arrived. Rafe is at the door. He asks why Aiden was visiting him in prison under an assumed name. He says he had lots of visitors Rafe says he could count them on one hand. Andre talks about Hope coming and accusing him of kidnapping Aiden and planting a look alike. Andre denies his involvement. Rafe says he wasn’t asking about Hope. He was asking why Aiden visited him. Andre asks about footage. Rafe says there is no audio. Andre claims Aiden came for the same reason Hope did. Rafe asks why he used an alias. Andre claims he didn’t know he did that. Aiden came more than once. Andre says Aiden also wanted to ask about a house Stefano owned outside of town. Rafe says it belongs to Chad now. He doesn’t know why. Rafe leaves but says he will be back. Andre picks up an envelope that was under the door. It’s the signed paperwork from Chad.

Chad is back at DiMansion and Jen and JJ run in. Chad tells them about the letter and about Andre. Jen also says it’s her handwriting. JJ yells at Chad asking where Abigail is. He and Chad argue. Jen tries to stop JJ. Chad tells him to search the mansion. Next scene Chad is alone again and Ciara comes in. He thought she was at the clinic tonight. She says she was shaken and came home. She mentions JJ thinks he is behind Abigail’s disappearance. She is worried about Abigail. Ciara says she has his back. Did he do it? He can tell her. Chad blows up at Ciara saying he wishes he knew where Abigail was, wishes he’d never sent her to the clinic. Ciara asks if there is anything she can do. He tells her to go check on Thomas. She goes. Next scene Ciara is on the couch reading the letter. Ciara says she thinks someone made her write it. Her handwriting but doesn’t sound like her. Ciara asks if it could be Ben. Chad thinks maybe Andre. He is going to play Andre and let him think it’s working. He calls Andre and says he needs to see him. Then he decides he will track him down himself. Ciara stops him. Says it would be obvious since they just had a fight. Ciara convinces him to sign over the house Andre wants as a peace offering. Contrived bonding. Chad has made the call. Ciara now has Thomas. Chad is glad to have someone he trusts and can talk to. Ciara leaves them alone.

Jen and JJ are in HTS. Jen is asking if he really thinks Chad has Abigail hidden somewhere. JJ gets a call and is told he can’t get a warrant at this hour. Has to wait until morning.(Editor’s note: Didn’t Chad offer him the option to search his home a half hour ago?) JJ is concerned about Chad working with Andre. Jen has gotten coffee. Jen now believes they are working together. JJ wants to find Abigail and keep her hidden from Chad. He doesn’t care how much Chad loves her he will end up hurting her.

Rafe is back at the cop shop staring at a photo of the house. He is talking to someone on the phone about a title search and wondering why Aiden wants to buy it. We see Andre in a dark basement with a flashlight. He looks around a little. He is smiling. END.

They have a serial arsonist possibly.
And yet we're forced to watch Teen Ciara and Hope/Aiden stalling for time?
Patient says Abigail only spoke to the new young girl. He asks if she means Ciara Brady.
How can she? Didn't Ciara just start there the day Abby left?
He is going to interrogate a couple more patients.
How is this helpful for their recovery? What the heck could they possibly know?

I'm not ready for more André. Let's move on. Even my Andreas fantasy can't sustain what's happening on screen.

Meanwhile...who is this JJ? I don't recognise him at all. He needs a girlfriend or a girlfriend's mother or something.

I wanted to play a drinking game every time it was mentioned that Ciara and Abigail were close. :rolleyes: We've never seen evidence of this nor was it mentioned that Ciara is Abigail AND JJ's cousin. Yet her brother Shawn is their cousin.

I also wanted to play a drinking game whenever it was mentioned that the letter was Abigail's handwriting but couldn't have been written by her. WE GET IT!

Even though JJ is being a bit of a jerk and I don't agree with his actions, I like that there is finally some tension between Jen/JJ and Chad. I know he is Abby's husband but this shouldn't have been so easy in the first place. And I need the show to define whether he is a detective or not. He is acting like it but less than 2 weeks ago he was in uniform. I also thought the fire was Shawn's case so naturally shouldn't Abigail being missing be his too? At least have him work with JJ. Oh I get it they can't show a connection between Shawn and his sister since she is involved in this storyline too.:sick:

I have no idea why Aiden is up to but something is off. He surely can't be this desperate to get back with Hope so it has to be something else.

Lots of talk about a single Dimera house...

Meanwhile...who is this JJ? I don't recognise him at all. He needs a girlfriend or a girlfriend's mother or something.

Paging Gabi! I don't like what I see either. Is he supposed to be going renegade cop on us now? And even if he is a detective, why would a newly minted detective be on the case alone? Shawn should be involved too.

Andre was certainly the man of the hour today with both Chad and Rafe asking him pointed questions. This is not surprising since he is the living personification of DiMera evil, but why do they bother?? It's not like he has a reputation for truthfulness. Apart from the adventures of Andre, there was far too much of Aiden and Hope. Saturn can probably make one orbit around the Sun in less time than it will take this interminable plot to finally drag to its conclusion.
Yes, he does, unless he wants to grow up to be kissless Roman.

I am becoming convinced that the writers think the audience watches this show wearing blindfolds and earplugs and pays no attention whatsoever. Ciara and Abigail were "close?" Since when? And if memory serves me Ciara was literally starting to volunteer at the clinic on the SAME day that Abigail escaped. Since we didn't see them on screen together (unless I blinked and missed a brief scene or something) when were they supposed to have any conversations? I gotta tell ya if it weren't for the rules against such things sometimes this show would have me releasing such a barrage of words that they would not only make a sailor blush he would be curled up in the fetal position sobbing uncontrollably and muttering "The horror, the horror."

Andre: If he went around Salem wearing a cape and top hat he would truly be the living incarnation of Snidely Whiplash, the villain from the old "Dudley-Do-Right" cartoon. Why they give this talented actor such a one-note mustache twirler to play is a mystery for the ages.

J.J: I have only two words which are "What the...?" I think we've finally found a more irritating character trait then Dario's chip on his shoulder regarding Eduardo. And that's J.J.'s endless hatred and suspicion towards Chad. I can't think of any other time when I wanted him to just shut up and sit down.

I had thought that the reason way he wasn't in uniform was that maybe he just wasn't on duty that day but that didn't appear to be case. If he is indeed a plain clothes detective now then his raise through the ranks of the Salem PD truly gives new definition to the word "meteoric."

If this keeps up I fully expect by the end of the summer we'll see someone rushing into the police station and declaring "I gotta talk to the commissoner" and bursting into the office and where we'll see JJ sitting behind the desk looking like he had always been there.

"Paging Gabi" indeed. I wrote last week that the only explanation I would accept for her absence is that she and Arianna were in Paris visiting Sonny,. Well forget that. She had better be in Oslo, Norway where she is receiving the Nobel prize not only for world peace but literature and physics as well! That's the only thing I will buy!

Last edited:
I may be far fetched here, but... could Ciara actually be holding Abigail ? And why is Chase still around ? Is he "working" with Ciara now to "make up" for what he did to her ? The writers wouldn't write a crazy jealous girl wanting the married guy yet again, now, would they ? Surely, they can do better. :sarcasm:

Andre : I'm pretty sure he'll lure Rafe in the abandoned house and blow it up !

Hope : Her face at the end, is she playing Aiden ? Oh, please, let it be so !

So who's in line next to get ruined ? Oh, yeah, JJ !

And Rafe... Please, make this guy move, give him some action, this is soooooo long. Let him get Aiden or let him say, "The heck with it, let Hope deal with this dude if she's stupid enough to go back to him". (Again, unless Hope is playing Aiden, in which case, Rafe wouldn't know so he could still say that... never mind.)

It's really too bad, now, as I find watching Days more work than fun. Come on, writers, pick up the pace, find something truly original and get on with it ! :beat:

Last edited:
Thanks, Heather.

Jason, I'm wondered myself when Ciara started working at Shady Hills. According to
my notes, Ciara talked to Marlena Wed before Abby left on Friday. The same
day Chase got there.

JJ is now an official Salem cop. He thinks Chad is hiding Abby because he's a DiMera.

Is Aiden on drugs or is he someone else?

Nice to see Shawn talk to Rafe about Hope.

When they talked about the serial arsonist, I first wondered if Abby started another
fire. Maybe someone else is starting them... could it be Dr Robinson

I thought of Max and Chelsea when they showed the water heater.. They put
Ford Decker
in one :)

What a botched mess. Obviously with the Vegomatic slicing and dicing, we didn't have time for fireworks and romantic couples on blankets near the Horton Town Square. No ice cream social, piece of Americana. All that was missing was Summer and Blanca. Is Joey back in town? Has he been sentenced?

Exactly what I was thinking Moira!!! Sing it sister! Where were the fireworks? I barely paid attention today. Seriously this Rafe/Aiden/Hope thing is garbage. I dont like Hope with either of these guys. Rafe and Hope is just not happening. I gotta say Rafe has zero chemistry with Hope. Aiden was ruined before he came back.

Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is a good actor. They should have made him come back as his actual twin or something, who had no idea about anything. Maybe that would have worked out better? Hope would still have her residual feelings and issues blah blah but they could have started that love story all new and shiny. Sorry I'm ranting.

edited to add actor's first name and character name - please remember that not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignoring any possible side story, I would strongly advise Aiden to sweep Hope to the curb. She will never get over the events surrounding her last wedding, barring electro-shock therapy or lobotomy. And, she continues to play Rafe games. Who needs it? Life is too short.

Re flashback, the look on Aiden's face when Hope removed his mask was not the expression of a murderous, Dimera-created double. Not realistic.

Big smile on Ciara's face when Chad popped his cork. It was like she was pumping her fist, and shouting a big "Yes!!!" :sick: :sick:

Big Ciara to Chad mistake: "I'm a teenager!" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hope Tuesday's episode is much better! :(

Re flashback, the look on Aiden's face when Hope removed his mask was not the expression of a murderous, Dimera-created double. Not realistic.
That's because the DiMera doppelganger wasn't the plan at the time of Aiden's demise. They decided to bring back the actor, rewrote what we saw and added newly created flashbacks of Andre bringing in the lookalike.

Ho hum and more ho hum. Aiden/Hope YAWN we know where this is headed. I think the house is where Rafe is going to be hidden away. Don't care. Andre - go to Melaswan, or Narnia or how about Transylvania.

How about this: The writers are so obsessed (ad nauseum) with rape storylines - they will have Aiden rape Hope. Now Hope and Ciara can bond over their mutual disgusting bull. Hope can fall for an OLDER man - Roman - she's already been with John on a submarine (Freudian innuendo there as well) or maybe Abe. I think after that, you have Victor, and Doug is her Dad. Ew and more ew!

Then Ciara can point out that Mom can't call her out on Chad being 10 years older. blah blah blah and then some. I am amazed this show/ story stays on the air. We are becoming like Cub fans with maybe next year.

Alright so Cubs are doing great this year - but one year does not a Dynasty make. Time will tell. Meanwhile back at the ranch (or is it the commune, or the lodge or how come these penniless grifters manage to stay in King Suite hotel rooms for months at a time and order room service?

Summer the season needs to extend its stay, Summer the character was overdue to leave last winter. Please take Dario with you - back to the tiki bar.

OK so this was a random rant. Sorry

Back