Days Of Our Lives - Mon. July 7, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 7, 2014

I am woman, hear me roar. And some of the Salem women are doing just that today. Kate meets up with Clyde, who has arrived in Salem, looking forward to seeing his kids again. He does this fake song and dance about missing them, being nervous at seeing them, asking Kate if she knows where they are. She easily tells him where Ben & Jordan work, he talks about seeing Ollie......Ben again, all grown up now, was just a boy when she took him away. Oh, Kate understands exactly how he feels. He doesn't want to bother his kids at work, so tho Kate doesn't know where Ben lives, she is most happy to give him Jordan's address. He then asks her not to say anything about him being in town, in case she sees them before he does. Oh, of course, and by the same token, it might be a good idea if he did not tell them it was her who enabled him to do so. Agreed!

Eric comes into the Pub, all sweaty from a run, and there is Nicole waiting for him. She has her own smiling and happy face on, wanting him to tell her what he has learned from Sami about EJ's arrest. She figures he can no longer be mad at her, since she went to the Bishop, but Eric is having none of the fake stuff. He lets her know that he has not seen Sami, so she has not told him a thing, and if she had, he would never tell Nicole, because she cannot be trusted. Nicole acts hurt, she is trying to help his family, but Eric isn't buying it at all.

At the Kmansion, Eric has come to pick up a few things before work, has a message from Mr. Sun about a text that Brady sent him, but Brady doesn't remember doing so. (Brady is clean shaven, looking mighty good!) He is trying to figure out what he did, Maggie arrives, all smiles, asking how the meetings are going. Brady admits he only went to one NA meeting, but wasn't happy about it, so has not been back. Maggie is disappointed, can tell he has a hangover. He makes excuses, Theresa comes in with some piece of art, a bust, laughing about it, but shuts up when she spies Maggie, who asks her to give them some privacy. Theresa goes out, but listen at the door. Maggie really lays into the protesting Brady, who claims he has not used in some time, stopped, blah, blah. She knows he has been drinking, and it has to be binge drinking, she can see it in him, doesn't remember phone calls, texts, etc. Brady blames his father, saying he pushes his buttons, shows up everywhere. Maggie doesn't buy that excuse either, blaming others for his own decisions. Theresa is listening at the door, finally bursts in, telling Maggie to quit harrassing Brady like this. Maggie has had enough, storms out, but tells Brady she is there if he ever wants to talk.
Now Brady tells Theresa he has to do something, can't have breakfast. She tries to purr her way back to staying with him, she took the morning off, yada, yada, but Brady is firm. He needs some space. She leaves. Brady does something to tweak the deal with Mr. Sun, in his folder/tablet, whatever it is...then calls John, wants to see him. They meet, Brady says he is tired of their fighting, wants to put it all behind them, work together again. John wants that, too. Brady hands John the tablet, saying that a deal between Basic Black & Titan would be great. John looks at it, frowns, looks up at Brady.

Jordan wakes up in bed with Rafe, is enjoying watching him sleep. Her phone goes off, she turns it off, but too late, Rafe wakes up. Small talk. Evidently when Rafe came in, Jordan was asleep on the sofa, curled up with Arthur. More small talk, time out for some sex, and now he is ready to listen to what Jordan wants to tell him. Ooops, his phone goes off, needed at work, got to go, they will talk after work. Kiss.

Sami is visiting EJ at the jail, pouring it on about EJ not getting bail, the board meeting coming up, Stefano manipulating everything, etc. But EJ has a way to get around it. Sami wonders which of the board members EJ is going to trust with his proxies, but he only trusts one person, and that is his wife. He is going to give her the proxies to vote, and then power of attorney so she has control of the company. She seems flabbergasted, but he has had the papers made up, a notary is there, she signs everything, and voila. He cannot wait to be back home with her and the kids, so wants to get into court and end all the rigamarole. She loves him, kids miss him, a kiss, and she is off to tend to business.

Maggie runs into Eric in the square, still upset about Brady, but only tells him she is worried about someone she sponsors who is on a downward spiral, and may never come back up. She asks about him. Theresa sees them talking, suspects it is about her, so comes up as Maggie leaves. She chats a bit with Eric, is sorry about Nicole, but warned him about her being bad news, and not to trust her.

Nicole is visiting EJ, offering to help him in exchange for an interview. She will help him gain back some public sympathy, as he has none currently. She asks if he knows who did this to him.....oh, he knows, and they won't get away with it.

Jordan & Rafe walk in the park, with Clyde watching them, as they kiss.

Sami meets up with Kate, all giddy that she has acquired what she went after, then realizes Kate still doesn't have Stefano's shares. Sami panics, Kate is calm, gets a call from Stefano, who realizes he cannot come to town with the arrest warrant out for him. So, he is giving his proxies to Kate (who is all lovey dovey with him) and wants her to vote his shares for him. She protests, then agrees, saying she will join him right afterwards.

Sami's antics while Kate is talking to Stefano are hysterical, trust me. Kate hangs up, Sami is gleeful, urging Kate to go sign the papers, but....not so fast. Kate knows what Sami is gaining by all this, but what about Kate herself. What is she getting. Sami starts to say she knows what Sami has promised......but Kate pulls out a paper, gives it to Sami, and tells her, here, this is what I want. Sami reads, and looks startled.

Great show today. I want to know what that paper is Kate gave Sami at the end!!!

Eric was annoying me. Whether or not he trusts Nicole's motives, pushing her buttons isn't going to help him--and anyway, he was once again so obnoxious and smug, constantly telling her he knows the truth of what she's doing blah blah blah. I liked it when she told him to get over himself. Now she just needs to realize he. is. not. worth. it.

Theresa seems to think that Eve's presence in town is going to make everyone stop distrusting Theresa because she's supposedly not as bad as Eve. Eric didn't look like he was terribly interested in talking to her. However, I wonder if Theresa thinks it's weird that last time she talked to him he told her, "I'm not a priest anymore so I can say what I really think" and now he's suddenly talking about possibly going back to the priesthood :rolleyes:

I liked how Theresa's comments about the statue were similar to Eve's comments about Cousin Joan's knick knacks. That was a nice way of showing the sisters have similar attitudes without beating us over the head with the fact that they're related. I also thought what Theresa said to Eric about how people try to change but can't was interesting. I wonder if she acts so badly because she thinks she can't do any better, and if her jealousy of JJ is over the fact that he HAS turned his life around or because in her mind he hasn't changed but he's fooled everyone better than she has. LOL

Looks like Sami is going to have to share being Queen Bee of the mansion and company with Kate, who would have guessed? :sarcasm: I thought the rest of the SL's were just :beat:! It all sounds good until tomorrow and the bad guys will get the upper hand again like always!

It makes sense that clueless EJ would give his proxies to Sami, but in what world would Stefano ever trust anyone, even Kate, with his? Of course, underlying this plot is the bizarre notion that DiMera Enterprises actually has a board that would have the nerve to actually vote out the mighty Phoenix. One would think that they're all a brunch of Stefano-controlled puppets who would only dare cross him at the risk of their lives. As was revealed during the abortive EJ takeover, Stefano has plenty of assets apart from his company -- more than enough to send the likes of Sergio and Ricardo to pay less-than-friendly calls on disloyal board members. As for Brady, Ruffles McRed should probably throw in the towel and go bake some nice cookies for Victor. This lout, shaven or unshaven, isn't going to straighten himself out because of anything she says or does.

I thought the scenes with Stefano were very odd, sort of forced. Tho I do realize they were filmed very much out of sequence and then inserted into this episode. It was just his dialogue..very odd.
Odd indeed. Why does the Phoenix need to give Kate proxies? Hasn't anyone at DiMera Enterprises ever heard of something called speaker phone or conference calls? As for Kate, she better not get too excited over her coup at the board meeting. In addition to the Phoenix's inevitable revenge, she's going to be in a world of hurt when her role in bringing the perverse Clyde to Salem is revealed. Finally, it was amusing to see Maggie get all huffy about Theresa eavesdropping on her conversation with Brady. Eavesdropping is a way of life in Salem. What would have been surprising was Theresa not listening in. Accordingly, her real offense today was not eavesdropping, but insulting Victor's artwork. Victor will put up with a lot, even Nicole as a house guest, Vivian as his bride of convenience, and Ian McAllister as CEO of Titan, but God help those who insult K-mansion works of art.

Wow..... I am in amazement of Ms Theresa.... her sense of Entitlement is just shocking... coming into someone house and insulting the homeowner?? I will enjoy her downfall..... she has a long way to go to be reformed... and Eric.... please leave Salem.... there is nothing for you here, you sanctimonious fool.....

I think Kate and Sami have counted their chickens before they're hatched so to speak. For some reason I feel like Stefano knows exactly what is going on and has a plan to double cross them. I mean, he IS Stefano DiMera. It's like his job to know everything about everyone. I just can't see him handing over his proxy to Kate just like that but then again I guess it's part of the whole story that we haven't seen all the interaction between Kate and Stefano the past couple months. EJ is definitely stupid enough to fall victim to Sami so I have no doubt he has NO clue Sami has set him up.

Wow..... I am in amazement of Ms Theresa.... her sense of Entitlement is just shocking... coming into someone house and insulting the homeowner?? I will enjoy her downfall..... she has a long way to go to be reformed... and Eric.... please leave Salem.... there is nothing for you here, you sanctimonious fool.....

I'm collecting donations to purchase Eric's ticket out of Salem via bus, plane, train, a cruise with Julie, a new car to drive himself, a horse, a camel, hot air balloon.......ANYTHING for him to move. I thought I might've liked him and always wanted Eric to come back but not anymore. HEY ERIC...... I think I hear your Grandparents from Colorado calling you for dinner!!

LOL, You know, I WANTED to like Eric. I liked the idea of him becoming a priest, I thought the actor did a good job with the PTSD, but the writers just have no idea what really to do with him. They give him a camera and tell him to wander around the square taking pics of the flower carts. Egads. Just let him be a photographer at Bella Magazine again. Send him off on assignments out of town for just a couple of days. Otherwise, forget the photography. Let him be a teacher, a crisis counselor, or run his gramma's Pub for her. Heck, if Sonny can own and run a club without hardly being there, then Eric can run the Pub, and still have tons of free time to wander the square, jabber with people, etc.
I really hate all the free time Salemites have to wander around town, the park, the square, but claim they work. LOL

Thanks for the summary, obviously wasn't able to watch today. Seems like a good show, but I hate Theresa. Where does she, of all people, get off criticizing Nicole? I did like that Nicole had scenes with EJ and found it hilarious how stupid EJ really is.

GREAT episode today. BUT it's almost like there are two Kates - this smart, savvy businesswoman whose instincts are about to land her (my guess) Countess Wilhelmina again. And this vengeful, hateful witch who disregards all logic in favour of this bizarre vendetta against Jordan. I love the first; I loathe the second.

Sami was in top form. Kudos to Alison Sweeney! Today's scenes were all just right - not too over-the-top like last week. And yes, the scene at the end was brilliant!!

Clyde creeps me out.

I really liked Jeannie Theresa pushing at Naggie - oops, Maggie - today. And as much as I dislike the stories she's had, Jen Lilley (Jeannie Theresa) has been giving a stellar performance. I liked the little twinge and glance-away when she was talking about "Nicole" not being able to change despite wanting to.

NICOLE TELLS ERIC TO GET OVER HIMSELF and I officially forgive her for everything. She got a little weak in the middle of the episode, but I loved her sticking the screws to Eric (for the most part) and then heading over to EJ to offer him a deal.

Hasn't anyone at DiMera Enterprises ever heard of something called speaker phone?
LOLOLOL

Maggie says it's not her business to talk about other people's affairs? SINCE WHEN!?!?!?

I'm collecting donations to purchase Eric's ticket out of Salem via bus, plane, train, a cruise with Julie, a new car to drive himself, a horse, a camel, hot air balloon.......ANYTHING for him to move.
I'm right there with you - I got some friends to help...
donat.gif
There are no words for how much I hate Eric right now!! GET OVER YOURSELF!!

Back