Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 19, 2017

Kayla leaves and Tripp ponders.
Too late to hope that this story can be redirected? Tripp's no Alex Marshall or Evan Whyland.
John and Marlena come in!!!
Please tell me their plane landed on Gabi and Chad. LOL

Eli asks Lani if she’s ok.
I'm liking the slow burn these two are having.
Eli and Lani: Yes, yes and still yes
With you there.

I'm ambivalent about the idea (just speculation at this point) of Ava being Anjelica's daughter. It would increase ties in an interesting, but non-productive way.

Just a few questions about the nonsense that was packaged together to make the episode.

Chad and Gabi: Why didn't the writers have John and Marlena interrupt them at the critical moment? This would have made their arrival a total rerun of the equally absurd incident where Bo and Kayla, in the dark, without any local help, somehow found Max and Stephanie in some remote desert cave in the Southwest and interrupted their extracurricular activities.

Why are the castaways so anxious to leave? They seem to have everything they need. Today Gabi and Chad seemed to be enjoying plums, peaches, grapes, and nuts. Are we sure that there wasn't a supermarket on this island?

Just how gullible is Little Trippy? He can see with his own eyes what a good person Kayla is, but he is eating up NuJade's vicious lies with a fork and spoon. And doesn't he know that Salem revenge plots always fail in some spectacular manner?

The actor playing Paul did a fine job portraying a raving madman and would be a natural for a remake of the Incredible Hulk. In fact, why didn't the writers add to the drama by slathering him with green makeup when he went into one of his jungle madness fits? E.g., Eli (pulling his pistol): "OMG, he's turning green!!. He's about to go crazy again!! OMG, OMG, he's gotten out of his ropes!!!"

Last edited:
Ah, Dr.B...you left out they also have fish, lemons to cook it, fire starters.

Yes, Tripp never knew mommy dearest, just listened to a couple CDs she made while pregnant, heard all the horrible things she did, has been told Kayla saved Mommy, brought her to hospital, has been treated with kindness and open arms by Kayla, yet believes every word Jade spits out, not even wondering why she is bad mouthing Kayla so badly, after the Johnsons took her in, paid for college, etc. Did she look for a job when Johnsons paid her way? He has seen police reports on Ava, but for a smart lad, is sure dumb.

And does anyone know how Justin has Anjelica's phone number when no one has heard from her for over 30 years?

I have a feeling that you are right Heather! Even though Steve has a way of keeping things under his hat......I doubt he heard enough to take action, unless he is going to let them both hang themselves???

SO, let me see if I got this right. Less than about a week ago (Salem time) Chad was VERY upset Abigail held off on renewing their vows and told her he would "never stop loving her" and "wouldn't be going to Gabi". Yea, right! So, perhaps a Gabi baby and an Abigail baby for Chad (I can't keep it in my pants DiMera) to fret over? I was so hoping Chad & Gabi wouldn't actually have sex and that Chad & Abby could maybe find a way to work it out. Guess that was a pipe dream.

Soap opera or not, there are just a large number of story plots right now that are not the least bit entertaining and/or interesting. Steve & Kayla are awesome; Nicole & Brady are interesting and hopeful, John & Marlena are always my faves and a few others are mildly ok. In his new song Ed Sheeran says we need "love, understanding and positivity." It's becoming a tough time to stay positive.

Back