Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 26, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 26, 2017

At the loft, Claire is reading Jade the riot act over the sex tape, who saw it, tho Jade seems to not realize the gravity of what she did. She just keeps claiming she was trying to help Claire, despite Claire's reminding her she told her not to do it, etc. She ends up yelling at Jade at get out, she is not her friend, leave.

Jade goes running over to the Pub to see Joey, who is emphatic that he is working, doesn't answer his phone, and has no time to talk. Jade won't take no for an answer, starts whining about Claire not accepting her apology, etc. Joey recites what she did behind Claire's back, how did Theo feel. Behind them, Kayla hears this...sex tape?? She confronts Jade, who instantly brings up Joey killing Ava, she takes Joey aside, attempts to warn him about his inability to get Jade out of his orbit, warning him about Jade maybe blabbing about Ava, as she just did out in the open. Joey knows Jade won't, she promised, tells Mom to stay out of his life, he can handle things on his own. Kayla leaves.

Jade has heard part of it, immediately yaks about "that woman", who Joey reminds her is his mother. With Jade not really "getting" how wrong she was, Joey suggests she see a counselor. Jade agrees, if Joey thinks so, hugs him, leaves.

Adrienne & Jennifer sit at the bar at the Club, where Adrienne fills Jen in on Anjelica's plan to take over the Spectator. Jen cannot believe it, why the paper. They talk about Anjelica being gone for years, harboring this resentment towards Adrienne because Justin chose her, etc. And there is Anjelica. The snark goes back and forth, Jen joining in. they mention Jack a few times, his legacy, how he would not like this. Anjelica claims he would not like Adrienne running the newspaper to the ground, she is not a journalist.

Soon Anjelica mentions Adrienne's aborted wedding to Lucas, shocking Jen, claims it was common knowledge, which is how she knew. But she then goes on about Adrienne's breast cancer, her using it to dangle two men, have them at her beck and call. Obviously she has been keeping tabs on Adrienne. Adrienne has had it, gets ticked, shoves at Anjelica, who grabs her wrists or something, it hurts. Jen puts a stop to it all quickly, Anjelica repeats that she is calling in the loan, and by now her attorneys have served notice at the newspaper office, they have 3 weeks to pay up, or the Spectator is hers. She flounces out, Adrienne says she kicked cancer to the curb, and she will kick her to the curgb as well, twice as hard.

Theo comes to the hospital to see Claire (is she a volunteer???) & tho hesitant and awkward, doesn't think the two of them as a couple is working out. He is breaking up with her. Claire is upset, but says o.k., walks away. Later, she is sniffling a bit, Kayla spots her, they sit together. Claire doesn't mention what happened with Theo, but Kayla brings up Jade, the sex tape, and how she is worried about Joey, who cannot seem to accept the Jade is big trouble. Claire agrees that is so.

Nicole is at the Horton Center with Eric, knows he is to be her boss, he knows she is there for her community service. She finally blurts out about losing Holly, having her taken away. Eric is confused, she explains about Chloe giving her back, signing her over, judge taking her away to foster care. Nicole is determined to prove herself a good person, able to care for her daughter. Eric knows she already is. As they work, she gets upset at him tapping his pen on the desk, they have a few words. He answers the phone, learns of the fun raising campaign at the Martin House party, hangs up, tells Nicole, who figures it is great launch for a fund raising campaign, goes to make a few calls to get things in gear.

In walks Jade, looking for a counselor....Eric is it. She introduces herself, Eric is very kind, as she launches into the favor she was doing for a friend, the sex tape. She claims all sorts of people do it, it is in mags, on TV, etc. You see it all the time. Eric asks if her friend knew she was doing this, consented, etc. etc. Jade has to admit no. He asks how she would feel if that was done to her, that she was being recorded during a some private and intimate time. She claims to get it. He talks a bit. (Nicole overhears some of his counseling) about loving herself first, before she tries to get someone else to love her. He has given her a lot to think about, she asks if she can come back.....yes, anytime, he gives her a card with his direct line.

Tripp shows up at the hospital, surprising Kayla, he had some free time, wanted to talk about something. Kayla will make arrangements with one of the residents who will be glad to fill him in. There is a code blue, she takes off, returns later, Mr Sherman passed away. The one with emphysema & pneumonia. Tripp hangs around the nurses' station until no one is around, jumps up, grabs the tablet (Kayla's??) and changes the recorded dosage for morphine, something else, too, puts it back, skedaddles out of the station as Kayla returns.

Tripp has left, is sitting at a table when Jade comes rushing in, trying to find Joey. Tripp gives her a piece of advice, don't go chasing constantly after a guy. He will think you are obsessed. She asks if Tripp thinks she is obsessed. Yes, he does. She mentions Kayla, he figures Kayla won't be a problem much longer. He changed the dosage amount that was recorded for one of her patients who died. Soon, it will be discovered Dr. Johnson made an error in judgment. And will be getting the payback she deserves.

Yet again more of Jade dominating an episode. :rolleyes:

So she tells Eric that she's his cousin Joey's ex but it never comes up that he is also Claire's uncle and 2nd cousin? Give me a break. He didn't flinch the one time Jade mentioned Claire by name. I wonder if that was a flub.

I like Kayla in Mama Bear mode with Joey and then Claire but I wish Eric had gone to see Claire instead.

The Anjelica stuff does nothing for me. Where was the build up? They continue to refer to Jack and Alex but the story just doesn't work without them on screen.

I feel like Theo and Claire's breakup is temporary. I'd like to see Claire move in with one of her grandmothers, preferably Hope.

I got the impression we were not privy to ALL of the Jade/Eric conversation. Which was good, as I certainly did not want to hear Jade do all that same explaining/defense that she did with Claire, and then Joey.

I really was happy to hear Jade get told her list (I believe Joey did it), about stealing a room key, breaking into a room, planting a hidden camera, without the consent of the participants. But, she claims, she wanted to help Claire, who was losing followers. And what is the harm, did not get "out there". Sheesh!

Anjelica was great in last reincarnation. The actress they brought in now is known for these kind of roles. I guess I am not a huge fan of recasts. Must be me. I am hoping Claire grows up and stops her narcissism.

Kayla needs to catch Tripp in the act. And Steve needs to give him some old time discipline. Tripp sees Jade as needy but doesn't see her mumbly trashing of Kayla as annoying. Please put an end to Jade. Send her back to the desert.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, spoilers said Adrienne & Anjelica got into a brawl. When was that? Adrienne did not even get off her seat. Really am not appreciating this Anjelica at all.

And Tripp.......he has been told and shown that his mother was a liar, was evil, was mentally unhinged, and knows that Jade is a big liar....(also her story of Kayla killing Ava was her "guess", not relating any facts whatsoever) and yet he believes all she says about Kayla and is actually plotting to ruin the career and reputation of an excellent doctor, one who has saved many lives, to avenge the death of his mother? This new family of his has been nothing but kind, welcoming, loving, and he wants to ruin all their lives?

Oh, I think and wish for sure that this storyline gets the twist that yes, it WAS Angelo who helped Ava leave this earth.

One high and several lows today.

The high was Eric counseling NuJade. He looked and sounded caring and sensitive. Unfortunately, based on her later conversation with Little Trippy, very little of what Eric said really sank in.

Lows included:

1) Anjelica's idiotic performance with Adrienne and Jenny: If Spectator reporters can't did up enough dirt on Anjelica, they ought to ask the Intruder to look into her. By the time the tawdry tabloid got finished, the Salem mob would be riding Anjelica out of town on a rail.

2) Little Trippy's falsification of medical records: Since he knows so little about medicine, maybe his alterations will be so clumsy that everyone will immediately small a rat.

3) The Theo-Claire break-up: The problem wasn't with the break-up itself, but that the couple's idea of a "private place" for their conversation was a few chairs right next to the nurses' station where anyone and anyone could walk by.

4) NuJade blurting out the "M" word relating to Joey and Ava. It might have made for a good scene if Rory had been sitting there having a coffee and a donut, overheard this, and then said something to Joey like: Oh, wow, man, you actually killed somebody. Far out."

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

I'm surprised no one in the pub heard Jade talk about Joey killing Ava. I know one man
looked around.

I hope Kayla will let Joey figure things by himself about Jade. He needs to find out on his
own if Jade can be trustworthy especially about keeping his secret.

I guess Tripp got his Steve's detective skills since he figured out Kayla's password so fast.

I wonder if Eric remembered the sex tape someone made of him when Jade was
talking to him.

The Anjelica stuff does nothing for me. Where was the build up? They continue to refer to Jack and Alex but the story just doesn't work without them on screen.
As much as I like strong Adrienne, it just seems illogical that Alex's parentage would be an issue now. Did it ever occur to the Days writers to cast the story as a well-adjusted scenario in which Alex had happy visits with his mother and has a convivial relationship with all 3 parental units? Furthermore this "legacy of Jack" thing didn't work with Eve and it's not working now.

Claire is insufferable and Jade is distracting. Tripp is annoying and Joey is useless. And I want Theo to take off looking for Ciara and never come back. I wouldn't mind if we wake up and are back to the kid versions of these characters.

Nicole can walk away any day now.

Claire is insufferable and Jade is distracting. Tripp is annoying and Joey is useless. And I want Theo to take off looking for Ciara and never come back. I wouldn't mind if we wake up and are back to the kid versions of these characters.

Nicole can walk away any day now.

The teen scene has been an abysmal failure from the beginning. I would not mind if the former Theo and Ciara returned, and Joey recasted as a 16 year old. The actress playing Claire can stay if her age is reverted back to 16. But Jade and Tripp, like Chase, need to be gone and not ever mentioned again. It is a shame because I like the actor playing Tripp, but the storyline with him plotting to ruin Kayla's career has been so bad that I don't think he is redeemable.

I am also sick and tired of Nicole's whiny attitude. I know she is upset at losing Holly, but she doesn't need to take it out on Eric as he had nothing to do with her community service assignment. And then she takes off early when she still had work to do.

So far, Anjelica is not entertaining to me. Her problems do not even make sense that she is holding a 30 year grudge against Adrienne, we need Jack and Alex on the show for this storyline to work, and also, where was the big fight we were led to believe was going to happen between Adrienne and Anjelica? This has been a big fail.

The only storyline I am interested in seeing if the new writers can write is the storyline of a supposed murder with many possible suspects. Everything else on the canvas is once again tedious. If the new writers are having their work now, there needs to be a real change in the dialogues and interactions.

Can Joey stop defending Jade? I really want to poke myself in the eye already. Prince Valiant and his rather cavalier reaction to a sex tape is annoying. Can Jade stop saying Hollywood and magazines are reasons for why the sex tape was no biggy?

I have a little saying that states, "Just because I forgave you, doesn't mean you aren't an (expletive)". Saying you are sorry means nothing if you don't change your behavior or mean it. I have a sibling like that. He has said, "Ok, so if I say I'm sorry, can we just start over and pretend this never happened?" He is 63 and has never acted like a man and accepted responsibility for his poor judgment that has hurt so many.

Adrienne's surprising reaction during her scuffle with Anjelica had me wondering if a surgical area was injured.

Can we get a few untroubled teen/twenties, please?

Well as far as the Tripp doctoring the chart, doesn't he realize there are surveillance cameras all around the hospital? This is the 21st century after all. Oh wait, silly me, what was I thinking? This is Salem so why would I assume they would be up to date with modern technology?

As much as I love Nicole and as much as she has suffered in the past and present, I too am rather fed up with her hot-headed attitude lately. She is starting to act and sound like one of the Salem Brat Pack.

Anjelica. Oh dear, what a train wreck this plot is. This character is extremely hard to watch and totally unpalatable. The hostile takeover of the newspaper, all I can say is "PU"

John. I love his new look but all this ISA crap has got to go. Give the man a real story already.

The teen scene. I was told that they are given a heavy story during the summer months to attract a younger audience but the Salem kids, most of them, are nasty, sneaky, hateful, vindictive individuals. I Assume they were all born with brains, (but you know what they say about assuming) so PLEASE stop the insanity!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched this episode. What in the world is that hideous garb Jade was wearing? It looked like she'd been around to dumpsters, digging out clothing items randomly. Claire's top was pretty awful too but at least she didn't look like she had rags draped all over her. I suppose what they were wearing may be the trend but it looks to me like a design met with disaster along the way.

Claire's best outfit to date are the "scrubs". Candy stripers used to wear "peppermint striped" clothing. Ergo the name. Maybe she is delivering food trays.

Personally, I think Hope has the best wardrobe on the show. Well, sometimes the heels at work are a bit much.

I wouldn't mind seeing Claire give impromptu singing performances in the patient lounges. JJ could accompany, when his work schedule allows.

I think part of the issue with the teen set is that the show has realized they made a mistake in SORASing them twice in one year. However, they are not admitting that. So instead, we are getting scenes where the teens are acting like the 16 year olds that they should be but they're really supposed to be 18-19. So Hope and Abe suddenly meddling looks really silly. Not that 18-19 year olds don't need parental guidance too but it's rather sudden since we haven't seen much of this at all since 2015.

I'm with Jen67. Get rid of Jade and Tripp. Have it turn out that he is a fraud and not really Steve's son. Claire, Theo and Joey can stay but slowly De-SORAS them back to 16. OR keep them at the current age for a while without giving them adult type stories. Have it come out that Joey didn't murder Ava. Bring back Ciara when Lauren Boles is old enough to fit in with this crowd. It's ok that she is younger than Claire. She is supposed to be.

Back