Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 29, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 29, 2015

Ahhh, a show that holds one's interest for the entire hour. LOL. In their apartment, Will & Sonny are arguing about Will writing an article about Dr. Myers for Sonix. Will denies he is writing the article, but admits suggesting the idea to Zoe. Sonny derides how Will thinks Dr. Myers' methods are so good. And from there they go into their own problems, with Will whining, as usual, and trying to blame Sonny for everything. Sonny is always right, Will is wrong. (good scenes)
But, let's go over to the park/lake, where Paul has just arrived to take a swim, and runs into Derrick, who just got out. . They are chatting, Derrick lost his job at the hotel (no surprise, lol) but they talk about the article in the paper about Paul, Will & Sonny being married with a little girl, marriage in general, settling down, etc. These scenes are cut back and forth with Will & Sonny arguing. Sonny reminds Will of how he left so quick to L.A. and not to accompany his mother, but hoping to become a big time script writer. Will is trying to deflect away from himself, Sonny is on the mark, talks of him lying, Will denies, Sonny asks why he slept with Paul...Will claims it just happened, and Sonny gets a light bulb moment, realizes Will already had slept with someone else before Paul, out in L.A. Will denies, but then admits.....yes, but just the one time, then professes how he doesn't want to lose Sonny, yada, yada. Sonny heard enough, he leaves, slamming the door.
Paul has evidently finished his swim, is getting his towel, Sonny comes along, Paul says hi...then sees Sonny is very upset.

Roman & Abe are questioning a very well dressed Xander, who, smooth as silk, claims to have been out of town, at a party, has at least 10 friends who will vouch for him. Abe & Roman have some fun side conversations between themselves asXander tries his debonair best to be glad Nicole & Eric are o.k. and he had nothing to do with their attempted murder. Serena sits there, cannot point finger at Xander as she was with Daniel the whole time. She has to admit that Xander did tell her he was disappointed at Nicole's lack of interest in him, and had told Serena goodbye. Abe takes Xander to the interrogation room, but not before Xander has made cheerful comments to Serena, which are actually veiled threats. Roman has faced off with Xander, talking of his wonderful son who was almost roasted to death, while trying to save another person, and how Roman himself will see that the person who did it will be punished.
Roman gets left alone with Serena, but her female lawyer arrives, Serena cannot say another word. Roman lets her know how disgusted he is with her lack of help, and leaves, her lawyer telling her to not say another word to anyone, or she herself will be in trouble big time, and may even be the only one in trouble.

And now to the Kmansion, where Theresa is cooing at her son, happy as a lark to be there in the mansion, until Victor comes in, ordering her out of his house. He is ready to throw her out. Brady comes in, talking of Theresa living there now, Victor says over his dead body.. Theresa says "whatever". Maggie comes in, suggests the nanny take Tate up for a nap, while Brady & Victor go talk in the foyer. The nanny has the baby, Theresa tells her to unpack her luggage when it arrives. Maggie negates that, sends the nanny upstairs with Tate, and .....oh, it is lovely as she lays it on the line to Theresa. The nanny is for Tate, not your maid. No one here wants you hear, we are not idiots, and have not forgotten all you have done. However, we want the best for Tate, and that means putting up with you as well. (Fabulous scenes). She even says she will have to tell Henderson to put away the fireplace tools, as they won't be needing them. LOLOLOL.
Meanwhile, out in the foyer, Brady knows his grandfather very well, realizes he knows what Xander has done, the kind of man he is. Brady tells him of the attempt to kill Eric & Nicole. But they argue about Theresa being there, with Victor really wanting her gone. But Brady says if so, then they all (him, Tate & Theresa will be leaving as soon as they find another place. This stops Victor short. Maggie comes out, Vic agrees to put up with Theresa, Brady goes in to talk to her.

Maggie questions Victor about his business, Xander, why the dinner party was cancelled, etc. Vic evades, only notes that Xander was up to no good, Daniel even called to tell him, so he told Xander to leave town. He hopes the cops deal with Xander. Maggie appears to figure there is more to it, but they go to have some breakfast, Victor is tired.
Brady is telling Theresa that according to their agreement, this is his time with Tate, she figures she will sit on the sofa, reading a mag. Nope, reminds her she has a job, perhaps she should go do it. She is indignant. What? You expect me to work? No way. Oh, but Brady does.

And to the hospital, now, where Eric is still talking of "what happened last night" to Nicole, both with worried faces and the obligatory flashback of Nicole & Eric kissing in the furnace room. Daniel comes in, wants to know what they are talking about, the old make us think one thing, but it is another" ploy. He knows ERic saved Nicole's life, thanks his friend, comments how Eric knows how much Daniel loves Nicole. Cue the furrowed brow on Eric. Nicole finally says something about Eric being so devastated by Serena's betrayal, blah, blah. Eric leaves.
Daniel is now declaring his love big time, how almost losing her made him realize just how much he loves her, needs her. They both talk of putting it all behind them, starting their life together right now, anew. Daniel has gotten Dr. Glass to take her case, and she will be released in a few hours. He only wants to be the man who holds her hand, sits on the bed beside her, loves her, etc. They are kissing, as Eric returns, stops just inside the door, as he sees them. He moves back a step, looks away.

I wonder if Nicole has short term memory loss about all that happened with Eric in the basement. He appears to believe more happened between them that what she recalls (or than she wants to remember since she "loves" Daniel).

Then again, maybe Eric just read more into what they said than Nicole did. She seemed to be happy that she was not dying alone, but with someone who cares about her, who has loved her. Eric MAY figure his declarations and their conversations, the kissing had more meaning than Nicole does. :confused:

I can't believe Will's twisted logic. It's actually a bit scary, because he believes he's done nothing wrong, even when he admitted to the 'one time' in LA. I really wanted to slap him when, telling Sonny that it 'meant nothing' when he slept with Paul, Sonny said he didn't believe that...Will snaps back with 'well, at least I didn't ask him to marry me!!!' :sick:

I haven't watched yet but I've seen the outrage over Will admitting that it was just the "one time" when Sonny was questioning about him cheating in LA. For those who've watched, was he admitting he cheated in LA or was he saying it was just the one time with Paul?

Gold-digger Theresa is appalled that Brady thinks she's still going to work. Remind me why I should like this character. How was she planning to support herself and Tate had she not moved into the K mansion. She just gave more credence to Brady's argument that it was always about the money with her.

Will kept denying that he had sex with anyone in L.A. but Sonny said to him, you did, didn't you? Finally, Will said "it was just the one time. It didn't mean anything".
This was AFTER they argued about Paul and why Will slept with him. Sonny realized it was not the first time Will cheated.
Will tried blaming it all on Sonny being the good guy, always right, Will always wrong. He absolutely would not take any blame on himself, would not explain any whys, wherefores. Sonny figured rightly that the only reason Will came home from L.A. was he failed as a script writer. Not that he missed Sonny. It truly was a good confrontation.

So he's cheated twice after less than a year of marriage?!

And he's still thinks there's hope for this marriage and that the best way to repair it is to manipulate and play the blame game?!

I can't believe what's happened to this couple. As big a fan as I was, this actually hurts.

He's admitting to an affair in LA, but says it was 'just one time', Cryin. Oh, and that was somehow Sonny's fault too.

Wait, this wasn't Paul's fault he cheated in LA???

Looking forward to today's episode even if it is going to break my heart that these writers have so totally ruined the only good thing they ever wrote.

I missed about 20 minutes in the first half hour due to a call. Sounds like I really need to rewatch this one.

I really wish Serena would go and change out of that tight dress now--geez she's been walking around in the same dress and underwear for 2 days!!! YUCK!

No words for what an idiot Will is. And so is his Uncle Brady for that matter in that he sided with Jeannie over Victor. There is no playing nice with someone like her--just go for the gusto and sue for full custody. I'm sure Victor can arrange a successful outcome!

I actually had to mute the Daniel and Nicole scenes for fear of losing my lunch.

Did I miss the John and Marlena scenes during my call?

I always felt that lying turd Will cheated on Sonny in LA. He was acting very shady and suspicious before and after he came. home. Will has cheated twice and still refuses to take the blame for his actions, and also I am so sick of him blaming all his insecurities on Sonny when Sonny has been there from the very beginning through all Will's drama with Gabi, Nick, EJ and his mother Sami. Sonny not only gave Will financial support but also a whole lot of emotional support as well and all Will has done is lie to Sonny over and over and scheme and manipulate their situation to work in his favor refusing to understand that Sonny has every right to e angry with him.

Oh I just can't with Will.

FIRST he's blaming SONNY for not being a complete and total wreck, and thus Will feels bad about himself. (This is the same tired dreck they tried to sell us in November, only roles reversed.)

THEN he's refusing to take responsibility for his mistakes and tries to deflect every time he's questioned.

AND he KEEPS LYING about Dr Myers, even when Sonny called him out and knew he was pushing for the article. Has it occurred to this waste of skin to tell the TRUTH even once?

FINALLY he also sees fit to grab Sonny every 45 seconds. Thankfully Sonny's starting to see through this. I didn't like it when EJ did it. I don't like it when Dan does it. BUT I REALLY HATE IT WHEN WILL DOES IT because he used to be a favourite character.

There is no hope for Will & Sonny after this. I'm sorry. I'm a fan of the couple...or I was. And I'm a fan of marriage and sticking it through rough times. But Will is a train wreck, absolutely wasted beyond recognition. Three willful sexual indiscretions in the first year of marriage is a sign that YOU ARE NOT READY FOR MARRIAGE. Sonny needs to walk away. (I was really hoping he would run into Derrick after his fight with Will.) This could have been so much better.

The scenes were good, dialogue exceptional...but the plotting and characterisation are an EPIC FAIL.

I liked Jeannie T and Victor's snark. But I hate everything else about the Tate Travesty storyline. Silly, superficial, nobody to root for.

Roman/Abe/Xander/Serena....SNORE. Eric/Nicole/Daniel...c'mon Nicole, why go with the lesser of two evils?

I am impressed that Abe appeared so many times this month though. I thought he'd left the show. :sarcasm:

We did, however, get to see Derrick shirtless!!!
fanself.gif

I thought today's episode was pretty good overall.

Will and Sonny: The late great Roy Orbison ("Crying," "Pretty Woman") had a song called "It's Over" in which the refrain went: "It's over, it's over, it's oveeeer!"; and that's exactly what went through my mind as I watched those scenes. I don't see how Will can be redeem himself after hisadmission about being unfaithful in L.A and the sad thing is he still doesn't think he needs to do that.

I liked the way the Paul/Derek scenes were used as a framing device for the Will/Sonny scenes from an editing standpoint. But I knew the appearance of the ex-bellboy was going to be "Much Ado about Nothing." I get the feeling they try to drum up some excitement about Derek but in my opinion his appearances tend to be "sound and fury signifying nothing." (MacBeth).

*That concludes the gratuitous Shakespeare references andquotes portion of this post :).*

Eric and Nicole: Clearly we're meant to believe that something more went on in that crawlspace then what was on screen. Certainly more then Nicole seems to remember. If that indeed is the case hopefully that will come out before too much longer, because I'm already getting a little tired of Eric's tortured silences and pained looks. Let's move it along, please.

The Kiriakis mansion: These were some of the most entertaining scenes of the episode in my oh so very humble opinion. Especially Maggie letting Miss Thang know in no uncertain terms how it was going to be. And any day when you get a "Honey Boo Boo" reference out of Victor is a good one.

I'm going to take a crack at reminding Cryin' for Days just why we're supposed to like Theresa.

You see it's like this....runs out of the house, jumps in car and roars away.

I am so glad the writers who penned the last year of Will/Sonny are out, even if it is way, way too late for them. I get so angry watching them. They've turned Will into Sami's carbon copy, and sometimes I swear he is even worse than she is.

And as far as the Eric/Nicole thing goes, I didn't watch anything except the hospital episodes, where they were flashing back- and I thought for sure they had slept together. Imagine the disappointment when I've seen everyone refer to it as "just a kiss". Sorry but they didn't look clothed to me and it looked like one heck of a kiss, if that's all it was.

Especially when he mentioned his sociopathic nephew and then having to put up with Tate's sociopathic mother. LOL I know he mentioned Theresa's mother & sister negatively as well. I meant to mention Honey Boo Boo reference......Hahahahah

Back