Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 29, 2015

It was certainly a bad day for Will. Every time this lying, sniveling twit tries to make excuses to Sonny and blame others for his misdeeds, he just keeps digging his own grave. Perhaps his most dishonest statement of the day was" "I am being honest." The bottom line is that Sonny should run, not walk, to Aiden's office to see about a divorce. It was also not a good day for Jeannie T. She may have made it into the K-mansion, but she got a full dose of Victor's one liners and was told some inconvenient truths by Maggie. As for Victor's displeasure about seeing the brat girl at breakfast, he should simply decree that she eats with the cook and Henderson (pity them). And if Jeannie T. wants to ditch her hospital job, Victor should simply tell her if she's not going to work outside the K-mansion, she can work within it, and then hand her a broom.

So Maggie said today was Wednesday in Salem. It's Tuesday here in Sydney but it's Monday where most of the rest of you are, so I'm confused. But the dialogue was pretty sharp from all 4 of them at the Kmansion today and I enjoyed those scenes.

So Will has cheated with two other men in the last what, 6 months? If it was the 90's he'd end up with AIDS or something, but surely they wouldn't go there these days? We've moved well past that cliche now, right? Am I putting too much faith in the writing team?

Nice to see Derrick again, and it'll be nice for Paul to have friends in Salem who aren't relatives or ex lovers.

Also nice to see Roman and Abe and their sarcasm with Xander was amusing. Roman keeps calling Serena "Sabrina" or maybe its just his accent and my ears. Not sure why Abe gave up his desk for Serena's lawyer, isn't there a bunch of confidential stuff all over it? Don't they have a generic meeting room set?

Daniel gushing over Nicole was annoying as hell. He really does have a kink for women in hospital gowns, doesn't he?

I haven't seen the entire show yet, so I'll be writing in more commentary when I'm done. But I had to come here to say that Theresa FINALLY bested Victor in one liners: "Tate, you remember your great-grandpa, right? If you ask nicely, maybe he'll tell you stories of growing up in Ancient Greece". :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I LOST IT!!!

And Derrick being shirtless....:love::love: Lordy...

Daysd, I really loved that Jeannie T line as well. I laughed out loud and it's been awhile since I did that.

Why don't they make Jeannie T live in the guest house or another wing or something? ONLY IN SALEM would people in a mansion HAVE to eat breakfast in the same room! LOL
... because I'm already getting a little tired of Eric's tortured silences and pained looks....

I said the same thing a year ago. LOL

I'm wondering if maybe Eric THINKS more happened than what did happen...either factually (i.e., he thinks they boinked) or contextually (i.e., he thinks there were deeper feelings in the kiss). Or is it t'other way 'round? And Nicole forgot? I'll admit I'm intrigued...of course you could have Nicole cutting out coupons and I'd be glued to my set.

The best part of the show was at the K-mansion. I loved Victor and Theresa's throwing
zingers at each. Then Maggie talked to Theresa about the fireplace tools. I laughed
when Victor said "Honey Boo, Boo", even though I haven't seen it.

Great to hear Brady tell Victor that he knows what Theresa is up to. Then he told
Theresa she has to continue working :) I wonder what she'll tell him tomorrow
about that.

I thought it was interesting Maggie said Wed too. Maybe because they missed
a couple of days during the sporting event and the writers forgot since they
film so far in advance.

We saw Roman and Abe again.

Interesting stuff with Xander and did he walk through a car wash. His
suit didn't fit right.

There are no words about how I feel about Will. I miss the loving
couple of Will and Sonny.

Well crap my DVR only picked up the first 18min because it was full. So I missed about 5min of the show.

I forgot to mention earlier---why was Abe texting Daniel investigation updates when Roman is Eric's father?!? Shouldn't Eric as his son and as the crime victim be getting the updates? I am so sick of Daniel being front and center it's not even funny.

The working thing is culturally weird to me. Here, you get 12 months off and they have to hold your position for you. If they don't pay you something, the government does... though Brady's income would cap them out of that. Most women take at least 6-9 months off with their first child, and unless they have family looking after the kids, once you have 2+ kids you can't afford to work because childcare costs so much. Hence why I haven't worked in 7 years - child care for the youngest per year is double the cost of what we pay in Catholic school fees for the eldest!

So Theresa wanting to stay home with Tate isn't that weird to me, in fact Brady insisting she work (full time?) so a nanny can care for Tate is weirder. If the nanny is assisting Theresa then Brady should be insisting that Theresa be doing the child care with assistance/help, not letting Maggie tell the nanny to remove the baby from the room and care for him upstairs away from Theresa.

OK, finished.
Glad to see Roman and Abe get a decent amount of airtime. But Xander and Serena leave me yawning everytime.
Will's behavior was disgusting. Why was he talking crap about Chad, and Sonny befriending him? Will's been friends with Sonny for years now (even if they hardly ever interact anymore). I'm not surprised that he's still blaming everything on Sonny, but I AM surprised that he cheated in LA as well. A few months ago, I would've expected it, but I never thought that would be brought up again. I wish Will would take Paige, Theresa, and Eve and move to CA with them all.

Nicole/Eric/Daniel...meh. Not a terrible storyline, but not too interesting either.
I LOVE Derrick and Paul! Can we see Derrick more often? Preferably without a shirt on?

My line of the day was Maggie to Jeannie T: "I'm on to you, cookie"...I very nearly peed myself.

I think Nicole and Eric are both on the same page as to WHAT happened...but Nicole is not wanting to tell Daniel what happened. Anyone seeing where this is going? He will find out later on, probably overhearing them talking, "privately" in the Horton Town Square, as he "hides" in plain sight behind the sparsely pruned tree...and they will break up, YET again!

Interesting comments. First........never watched Honey Boo Boo in my life, but sure have read things....and seen a few unimpressive pics.
next....in re: Brady telling Theresa she might go to her job.
Let's see. Brady told Theresa she could stay at the mansion for a few days.....just until she was able to either get her apt. fixed up to contain a baby....or get a larger place to live.
When he suggested she go to her job, he was telling her that she was not there to read mags, eat chocolates and get waited on hand and foot......which is what Maggie already had let her know about the nanny not being her maid. Theresa is there for one reason only, because of Tate. She signed an agreement not to leave Salem for a year, and to "special times with Tate for each of them.
It is not up to the folks in the mansion to provide leisure time for Theresa. And if she is looking for something to occupy herself.......there is her job.

Let's face it......Lots of single mothers, (and married mothers) have to make do. I had children in day care, for which I paid, while working , and it all took more than half my pay. She has free lodging, food, day care. She is a money grubbing gold digger who thinks she now has the goose that will lay her the golden egg.
She is a pretend mother. Out for herself, not her child.

I don't dispute that, but if the idea was to help Theresa learn to care for the baby, I fail to see how employing a nanny and making her leave the house achieves that.

Then again, I don't see any problem with her apartment either. Its clean and safe.

Basically, the whole storyline is stupid. If Theresa wants to manipulate Brady into playing happy families she should have signed the custody agreement, let him buy her a house, THEN played dumb and asked for his help. Every time that kid gets a sniffle, ask him to stay the night and help. That kind of thing. Moving into the Kmansion is dumb, and the only reason the writers are doing it this way is because they are too cheap to spring for new sets when the Kmansion is already there. Having only Maggie & Victor living there means there's 3 sets (entry, lounge and study) for just two characters.

But I had to come here to say that Theresa FINALLY bested Victor in one liners: "Tate, you remember your great-grandpa, right? If you ask nicely, maybe he'll tell you stories of growing up in Ancient Greece".
Jeannie Theresa was giving as good as she got in her verbal battle with Victor, but would she have been so snarky if she'd known she was talking to a man who only minutes before was threatening to cut a man's throat?
I initially thought Serena's lawyer was Navidad
Whoever she looks like, she proved to be a real miracle worker -- she actually got the super-talkative Bluebird to shut up.
Interesting stuff with Xander and did he walk through a car wash. His suit didn't fit right.
Xander probably gets his suits at the same place where Bluebird buys her way-too-tight dresses.

The working thing is culturally weird to me. Here, you get 12 months off and they have to hold your position for you. If they don't pay you something, the government does... though Brady's income would cap them out of that. Most women take at least 6-9 months off with their first child, and unless they have family looking after the kids, once you have 2+ kids you can't afford to work because childcare costs so much. Hence why I haven't worked in 7 years - child care for the youngest per year is double the cost of what we pay in Catholic school fees for the eldest!
In America, there is no mandated maternity leave. If a company is of a certain size, a woman qualifies to take off 12 weeks through the Family and Medical Leave Act. The company has to hold your job (or a similar position) for that time period. That time off is unpaid. Most women cannot afford to take off 12 weeks of unpaid leave and usually come back to work 4-6 weeks after giving birth.

If a company is not big enough to have to participate in FLMA (Family and Medical Leave Act), they don't have to give any time off (in which a job is held).

The FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) also allows new fathers to take off (again, without pay); or mothers/fathers who have adopted babies/children. It can also be used by individuals who have to take a leave of absence to care for a sick immediate family member. (and, obviously, it can be used for an individual who needs time off for their own illness/injury, without pay)

And in Theresa's case, she did not give birth, so technically has no recovery to concern her. And she is not caring for her child alone, has, in fact, a nanny, the father, other relatives and servants in the house.

I won't lie, those Will and Sonny scenes hurt. I felt an ache in my heart lol. I've been a fan of this pairing from the start and to see it all going up in flames like a forest wildfire HURTS.

I guess Will and Abby are a bit alike since they lost their virginity. Neither seem to be able to keep their private parts in their pants/skirts from people they aren't in a relationship with. He cheated on his husband TWICE in less than a year. How does a marriage overcome that? How does Sonny trust him after this?

Theresa Donovan irritates me like no other. Still can't believe she was appalled Brady suggested she go to work. I hope Victor and Maggie make it unbearable for her at the mansion.

Daniel and his newfound, unyielding love for Nicole that won't allow him to leave her side. If only he'd been able to tap into a third of that love when he was slamming doors in her face.

Back