Days Of Our Lives - Mon. June 30, 2014

Wasn't Aiden's wife killed in a car accident? Was Aiden driving?

I looked up Popular Bluff Missouri last week and it has an airport.
I'm sure Kate can pay for a private plane.

Link to airport

http://www.poplarbluff-mo.gov/index.asp?SEC=CFDD2948-56CF-42FC-92CA-6AAA7D0952AA&Type=B_BASIC

How smart are smart phones? Eve called sister Jeannie on her cell phone and knew
she was at home :confused: Maybe in Salem the phones automatically tell people
where they are :)

Nice to see someone else use "ewe search". I wonder why John Black's financial records
didn't show up.

What's worst the twangy music or Eve's sighing one? I think of "The Closer"
when I hear the twangy music because Brenda was from Georgia.

I'm glad Nicole told the truth to Bishop White about Eric and the papers.

Line of the day to me Clyde to Kate "Tammy Sue never liked her name. She thought
it was too country-fied."

Kat: It was definitely a landline, a small cordless phone. I noticed it while watching.

I was SO annoyed by Kate today. What right does she have to spill all that info about 2 people she doesn't even know? If she really cared about Rafe, she wouldn't do anything to take away the woman he supposedly loves. I hope BOTH Sami and Jordan rip her to shreds. I am so sick of this character and wish she would take a break from Salem.

I'm still clueless as to Jordan and Ben's past but I do think Jeremiah has played a bigger role in it than they are letting on so far. I also think Clyde may turn out to be Paige's dad too.

When Aiden first got annoyed with drunk Brady weeks ago, I suggested that he was perhaps responsible for his wife's death. It would explain a lot. I can't wait for him and Hope to share the complete truth about their pasts.

Why was everyone referring to Jennifer as Jack's wife today? Do they really want us to think that when we know they were divorced?

Even though I can't stand either character, the scenes between Eve and Jeannie Theresa were awesome! The only thing that would have made it better would have been Eve refusing to call her Theresa. I do wonder if Eve will figure out that Jeannie Theresa is lying about the extent of her relationship with JJ. Perhaps Paige will explain his reform.

Nice to not see Sami, EJ or Brady. Why was Marlena on for a minute? Me thinks something bad is going to happen to Nicole soon.

Finally, Jennifer in a normal outfit!!!! Too bad it's not for Summer.

Oh I forgot to mention the major bone I'd pick with today's episode - LOL I blocked it out.

We know Kim & Eve had a history. But they ended on good terms. It's extremely impossible for me to believe that Kim spent lots of time trash-talking Eve to Jeannie Theresa. Even IF she had still harboured ill will toward her former stepdaughter, she would surely have shown better taste than to trash Jeannie Theresa's sister in front of her. And by that, I would include even semi-factual but potentially disparaging statements about Eve's romantic life.

I'm glad some of you enjoyed the scenes between the estranged sisters, I hated them a lot. Made my skin crawl.

:OT: My grandmother thought she could take her cordless phone out shopping (or wherever) and that she could use it like a cell phone. :back:

I had to laugh at Jeremiah the other day. For being a scary "mountain man", his facial hair (even though it was long) was very well groomed and trimmed.

My landline has a cordless phone, so I walk around the house, etc. But, of course, you have to put it back in it's base to "recharge". I keep it next to me while watching Days. LOL

I paid no attention to the phone theresa used, mostly because I really think it stupid for Eve to call all the time, not speak, just to see if she is home.

Oh I forgot to mention the major bone I'd pick with today's episode - LOL I blocked it out.

We know Kim & Eve had a history. But they ended on good terms. It's extremely impossible for me to believe that Kim spent lots of time trash-talking Eve to Jeannie Theresa. Even IF she had still harboured ill will toward her former stepdaughter, she would surely have shown better taste than to trash Jeannie Theresa's sister in front of her. And by that, I would include even semi-factual but potentially disparaging statements about Eve's romantic life.

I don't believe a word Theresa says, including what she said about how Kim and Shane talked about Eve. My guess is that when she hooked up with some older man once, she was sent to her room so her parents could talk about it and sneaked out, overhearing Kim saying in a low voice to Shane, "Remember how Nick Corelli forced Eve into prostitution? I'm afraid Jeannie's boyfriend could be just as bad. Eve never really recovered--look at the relationship troubles she had recently--and I'm really worried about what could happen to Jeannie if we don't put a stop to this."

(Edited to add: And Theresa then embellished that into how her parents always talked badly of Eve.)

She didn't turn JJ down, she passed out before anything could happen, fortunately!

I agree, but Jeannie Theresa's story was that she turned JJ down, because she is a lying liar, and that makes her GROSS. :)

HeroicMuse I'm prone to think the same thing but that's because I know & loved those characters. Newer fans...are getting Jeannie's side without the rest of the story because nobody's there to defend Kim/Shane. BUT I also know that these writers tend to hate previous characters - so I'm torn. I guess it would depend on whether this was added by today's scriptwriter, or was a part of a larger plot. We may never know!!

When you heard Jeannie Theresa's version of her employment at the hospital, and losing her job there, you know darn well, she has lied about all the rest. Look also how she embellished the tale of JJ and her overdosing. Oh, no, that gal is trying to put a halo on her own head to the uninformed. She even "warned" Eve that Jennifer would have a completely different version of events.
Honestly, I cannot wait for ol Jeannie Theresa to get pulled down off the pedestal she climbed up on, and get really and truly, her just desserts.

Yes, I think I was still eyerolling over the Kim/Shane/worse than Eve thing when she said that, but I caught that too. Good point Poirot. But it's just more grist for the Eve/Jenn war I feel is on the horizon...and it makes me shudder. To paraphrase Stefano prior to the Euro Massacre, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something highly forced this way comes." LOL

I really hope I'm wrong and tomorrow/next time she's on we hear Eve say, "I just don't believe Jeannie's story" or something similar.

Too bad Jen can't wear the clothing in the correct seasons.
She must have a high electric bill in summer if she's
going to wear winter clothes now.

I noticed that too. Now that it's summer, her sleeveless tops have been replaced by long sleeves. You'd think wardrobe would keep track of what season it's supposed to be in Salem.

And speaking of wardrobe : I've never had an audience with a bishop but I don't think I'd wear that dress if I did, Nicole. Just sayin ...

:OT: (but only slightly)

Nice to see someone else use "ewe search". I wonder why John Black's financial records
didn't show up.

Well, Theresa mentioned Dun & Bradstreet... so I went looking at Hoovers (which is a D&B company, and I have a corporate account thanks to work): you can't get financial records from Hoovers. You can get a compensation history on a person (I looked up our CEO), but that's about it. You're not going to have access to other information about their investments, or net worth. From D&B itself, you can get a credit report, but that's for a company, not an individual, unless John Black had incorporated his person as a company (which I don't believe is possible).
:back:

Back