Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 5, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 5, 2017

Abby is typing away, working late at the P.D. as Raines walks in, compliments her. He then asks if something is wrong, she admits she is concerned about her friend, who has said there is a contract out on him in Mexico. Raines has some contacts, will check for her.

Dario is putting together a crib in Abby's room, she comes in, thanks him for doing that, he just hopes he did it right. She tells him her lawyer told her it would take 6 mos. to get the divorce decree. Later, she comes out in a silk robe, just showered, there is talk of Thomas spitting up on her, but have no idea where he is supposed to be. Dario is checking a laptop, laying on the bed, Dominican Republic will grant a divorce within 24 hrs.

Knock, knock, tis Jen, who looks a bit surprised at Dario on the bed (tank shirt) and Abby in a robe. She wants to talk to Abby alone, Dario leaves. Abby fills her mother in on her plan to marry Dario to keep him from being deported. Jen is appalled, Abby is defensive, Jennifer goes thru a litany of reasons this is not a good idea, but Abby is determined, Dario was a good friend, supported her, etc. etc. She is doing this, wants her mom's support. Jennifer is sorry, cannot do that, but will keep her promise not to tell anyone. Raines calls Abby, checked with his contacts, yes, a hit is out on Dario from more than one cartel. Abby tells Jen, who is even more horrified, as this could put Abby & Thomas in danger, too. Plus it is all illegal.

On the island, Chad & Gabi's kiss fest gets interrupted by JJ & Lani, who comes with news of the skull they found, head bashed in, and a diary they found. JJ reads from it, and seems this honeymooning couple decided to go off the grid on their honeymoon, built themselves a makeshift shelter on the island. Then Kyle was bitten by a mosquito, and things changed. Mood swings, quick to anger, then be fine. He has attacked her a couple of times. Some Dr. arrived (this was in 2007), said it was something called Jungle Madness. At this point Chad recalls his brother Peter had that, was able to be cured, but took a long time, nearly died. JJ recalls it as well, says Peter almost killed his parents. JJ reads further, the doctor says they have to leave the island so Kyle can get treatment, but...Kyle murdered the dr. and the wife figures he is coming for her next. End of diary.

Gabi gets all worked up, what if that guy is still there. Nope, 7 years ago, he would not have lived that long with the disease. Sonny is looking for Paul, was only gone a couple minutes, and Paul disappeared. JJ & Sonny are set to go looking, when Paul returns, claims he got a bit nauseated while cleaning the fish, so went down by the lagoon.

Back in Salem, Kate hears the door, figures Chad is back, only it is Andre' with news of the plane going missing with Chad aboard. He is upset, she is being practical, search parties, etc. Mr. Shin calls, gets Kate upset. Heard about the plane missing, Board is voting CEO tomorrow, Chad had been a shoo-in, but now??? Andre sort of volunteer to be interim, but Kate says board doesn't trust him, Mr. Shin called him mentally unstable. Andre doesn't like that, calls Shin to tell him off. Kate & Andre go back and forth about the future of the company, Theo and other kids, too young, or inexperienced. Kate starts to say too bad she is not a......then sidles up to Andre with a smirk, and says Andre' DiMera, will you marry me?

Dario comes into the room, talked to Rafe and tells of Sonny's plane missing, with JJ, Gabi & Chad aboard. Jen & Abby are horrified, Jen calls "Carla", gets some kind of info, asks to keep her apprised. She & Abby are hugging, Dario saying a prayer for Gabi, while Abby has a flashback (newly filmed is my guess) of her & Chad teasing each other, but declaring their love, on the DiMera sofa. Aloud Abby murmurs "Chad".

The castaways all hug or shake hands with Paul, glad he is o.k., Sonny even embraces him, kisses him. Paul is claiming to be o.k., suggests they get back to cleaning the fish, JJ comments on them "eating good tonight". Everyone has wondered about Eli, who has been gone a long time.

Paul gets to checking the fish, looks over at the group, is hearing conversations, something about dinner, Gabi offering to set the table, all jumbled together, everyone looking a bit blurry. He gets an odd look on his face, then pulls a knife from his pocket, holding it, as he looks at them all, with a semi scowl on his face.

Thanks for the summary. I'm glad I missed this one. Really, really bad from the sound of it. This island stuff---didn't expect it to last that long

I wish Jennifer would have grabbed Abby and shook some sense into her. What she is saying is just ridiculous. Just helping a friend? You have agreed to marry him! That's not just a favor! If she's checking out his cartel story, why on earth does she not look into another option to keep him from being deported? Hopefully investigative reporter Jennifer will discover he only needs to sign some papers.

I was surprised Kate didn't delight in at least Chad and Gabi were together. Would the board be panicking so quick?

The blood on Paul's shirt - Eli was no where around. Has me concerned. Wonder how long they will be on this island?

Wonder how long they will be on this island?
Does this give you any idea?

christmas-tree-beach-27413050.jpg

It could be true that there is a hit out on Dario........but it definitely is NOT true that he needs to marry in order to avoid being deported. Heck, he may not even be in danger of being deported.

Jennifer talked herself blue in the face, but Abby was being as stupid as she usually has been of late.

So now, the show is going to turn Paul into a madman, bent on violence. Oh, I doubt that blood on Paul's shirt is from fish. Not with Eli not returning from working on the satellite radio.

So Chad remembers Peter having Jungle Madness when he wasn't even in the picture as a DiMera. He remembers it took a long time to cure him. Chad had such incredible writing during his mourning of Abby. This tripe is so ridiculous. Next he will asked to be released from his contract to pursue other interests. Sonny needs a haircut but that won't be happening any time soon. He must have brought a ton of gel with him. Lani is the only one who looks like she has been through the ringer on a desert island.

Kate and Andre...er...do we really have to go there? Although it would be a whole lot more entertaining than the doomed Abby and Dario. Dario is such a loser. Why didn't he get arrested with his father? Two arranged marriages. PUHLEEZ! I guess it could be worse - scenes with Jade and Claire come to mind.

Jennifer is everywhere in the same dress.

Raines has connections in Mexico that just happen to be able to narrow things down to Dario and two drug cartels.

Let me see, who do I know with connections like that in a town the size of Salem? That would be no one.

Thank you for writing this up, Poirot. I had my tv on with the volume off while getting lunch. I kept thinking how boring it looked. I had thought this island thing wouldn't last more than a few days. It begins to look like it may go on for a while. Too bad. I will watch, with some fast forwarding. Maybe a lot of fast forwarding.

I'm not surprised yet somewhat excited to see what happens with Andre and Kate. Although I agree with the timing being bad, a la Dario and Abby.

I also think it would be interesting and unexpected if they connected Theresa and her drug cartel storyline to Raines' contact and what's going on with Dario.

At this point Chad recalls his brother Peter had that, was able to be cured, but took a long time, nearly died.
I'd love a flashback to the slideshow when Stefano filled Chad in on this backstory. Good night.

Gee, it's too bad no Deverauxs ever married anyone as part of a scheme, eh? Good night, again.

At this point I honestly wouldn't care if Paul stabbed everyone and died on the island.

It's another long Salem day since Jennifer is in the same dress. I liked her raincoat.

I mentioned last week where does Thomas sleep. Today Dario put together the
crib. Was Thomas in the crib after he got Abby all messy and she had to take
a shower?

I enjoyed the diary JJ was reading. Will we find out what happened to the
couple later? And what is the wife's name?

JJ and Lani said the shelter was damaged by animals. I wondered what kind of
animals and if they are still around.

It was interesting two castaways knew the significance of "Jungle Madness" was.
Does Paul have it? We'll have to tune in tomorrow to Salem's Castaway Isle.

Back