Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 6, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 6, 2016

Theresa is working, Tate is crying. She hears Brady trying to comfort him via the baby monitor, Brady brings him out, he is really crying up a storm, screaming, etc. Brady takes him for a walk.

Dario & Summer on on a bed playing cards, talking their love lives. It seems Summer has moved out of Maggie's, tho Maggie begged her to stay, but Vic was impossible. She admits it would have been easier if he was still a billionaire. Dario teases her about having fallen for Brady, She denies it. But does admit it later. She teases him about having fallen for Nicole, both talking of when a con job goes south, time to cut your losses and move on. He talks her into having sex, only because they are good friends, no strings, blah. blah. Afterwards, she doesn't want this to happen again, was probably not a good idea.

In the square, Brady is wheeling the buggy, Summer spots him, gushes a bit over Tate,. then tells Brady she has fallen for him so hard, is madly in love, completely, etc. She knows he is committed elsewhere, he agrees, yes. She leaves, go back to her room, holds some coin or something, and flashes back to the entire walking into the ocean, Brady saving her.

Deimos & Nicole are kissing, he is very passionate about her, wanting her to make love to him right here, right now. Kate watches & listens from the bushes. Nicole pushes him away, he is marrying Kate, she will not be a mistress. He pulls out a ring, he bought it to give to Helena, never did, Victor got to her first. After she died, he could not ever look at it again. Nicole doesn't want a ring bought for someone else, she wants her own. Deimos grabs her, kissing her again, but Nicole backs away. He gets angry, scolds her for what he knows has been her mission...to hurt him....which won't help Maggie walk again. Forget Maggie, forget Victor, think of yourself. don't deny yourself love. He is making an impassioned plea, telling her he is only giving Kate his name, nothing else.

Kate is filming all this with her camera on the phone.

Nicole walks off finally, Deimos picks up his jacket, Kate comes out of the bushes, confronts him, so this is how much I mean to you. Deimos says they were never about love, always power and control. He knows she felt the same. But Kate says yes, power, control, and love. Deimos makes some remark, she angrily pushes him, he falls, hitting his head on some rocks. He gets up, head is bleeding on one side, he is stumbling a bit, hand to his forehead, seems to fall forward, we hear water splashing. Kate stands looking, kneels down at what evidently may be the edge of the bank, then gets up, looking around. She checks the rock where Deimos hit his head, walks around in the grass, seems to pick up something (I thought it was a wet leaf, but maybe not) throws it down, stands up, picks up Deimos's jacket, takes the ring out of the pocket, clenches it in her hand, calls Roman, telling him she witnessed a crime.

Nicole calls Dario (who is having a drink in the bar at the Edge) to meet her in the little park near the square. He comes, she tells him how she failed, screwed up bad, Deimos won't even want to talk to her again. She then has a huge pity party about how she doesn't care what Victor thinks, he never liked her, never will. But she wanted to do this for Maggie, and Daniel. How Maggie is this sweet woman who never hurt a soul, and she then has a huge pity party over how she misses Daniel, cannot sleep, if she does, she dreams of him, and doesn't want to wake up as the dream would be over. How Daniel made her a better person. How cheap she feels now (after Deimos) and Daniel would never want her to feel like this. He always made her feel better about herself. She goes on and on. Dario listens, is comforting, but makes her understand she is still a good person. That it is time to give this all up.....and repeats the "if the con goes south, time to cut your losses and move on" line.

Brady comes home, table is set, candles lit, Theresa dressed nicely, wanted to do something special, as he was so nice to take Tate so she could work. She realized she had not eaten all day, so come, let's have dinner. Oh, but he has an appetite for something else first, let dinner wait. Kiss, kiss, sex on the sofa ensues.

Kate paces, Roman comes rushing up, she turns on the fake tears, & fake sobbing, she witnessed a murder. Nicole Walker & Deimos were having a lovers' quarrel. It was horrible.

Except I felt sorry for the little guy : give him back to his mommy, this is just a show, it's not worth it.

Oh, and Kate picked up Nicole's earring. I had noticed that Nicole had lost one during her altercation with Deimos.

So... overall, very, very boring show. Not even Nicole can save this. :( I mean, this is bad. Really, really bad stuff, in my opinion. Anyway...

I agree. Crazy show. Summer and Dario hop in the sack, Summer meets Brady and "oh hey, by the way, I'm in love with you, have a nice day", Theresa basically ignores her screaming baby to make kissy faces at Brady, and Nicole has curly hair and a blue dress then boom back to straight hair and a red dress.

Looks to me like this is a show where some storylines are changing direction....Summer has suddenly already moved out of Maggie & Victor's apt., and, with no money, is in a hotel. And also just as suddenly head over heels in love with Brady!

Deimos & Nicole are all alone, with Deimos pleading for her to be with him, and neither one hears or sees Kate in those bushes, though she is standing plain as day. Not only that, but bushes makes noise as you move around. ......plus sorry, but there are little bugs always there. gnats, mosquitoes, various crawling things, which would really bother anyone.

Again, bad editing. I guess we are to assume Nicole left Deimos, went home, showered, changed clothes, went out to park to call Dario to meet her.

Last edited:
She called Dario not Deimos.

Thanks for watching this snoozefest Poirot.

I was actually shocked the Tate scenes made it to air. There was clearly something wrong with the baby and I was uncomfortable watching. Maybe Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) and Eric Martsolf (Brady) are strangers to the baby but if he is on tv, I'd think he should be a bit more easygoing with strangers. Perhaps that is why we hardly see Tate, maybe the twins aren't as camera friendly as the Thomas twins are.

Too much to hope for this to drive Kate and Roman back together? Eh probably not.

So what exactly does Kate think will happen to Nicole ? Because honestly, the video she shot only proves that Deimos was being violent with Nicole. So, worse comes to worst, if Nicole is accused of murder, it would be in self-defense, no ? Again, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Dario and Summer: ARRRGH MY EYES!! MY EYES!! Okay maybe it wasn't quite THAT bad but I have to ask why? I may be in the minority but I still actually like Dario when he isn't spitting fire at Eduardo. And I LIKE the idea of him and Nicole and I enjoy their scenes together. But put him in scenes with Summer and he's all about his darker impulses and I don't like that side of him. And in all honesty it doesn't help Summer either. There are actually times when I don't mind her. Of course those are times when she's not the screen or mentioned at all but nonetheless I ADORE her in those moments.

Brady and Theresa: As others have said the scenes with Tate were uncomfortable to watch and the director should have called cut and tried something else in my opinion. As far as their last scene was concerned did it seem a bit well unseemly that Brady was so turned on after having another woman other then his fiancee and the mother of his child announce her deep abiding love for him? I guess that could have been coincidental but I just couldn't help thinking that was part of what put him "in the mood" if you will.

It did seem to me that the baby wanted his mommy. But...perhaps being brought onto the set with all the lights, big cameras, mikes hanging down, cables strewn everywhere just scared him so much he wanted outta there. (Hey, I have seen babies crying like mad with their moms holding them and in church...so it DOES happen.The baby is upset about something, and there is just NO quieting the baby down)

So I'm home and watching while eating lunch. My other half, aka Hunny Bunny, comes in and wants to know if we've seen what that guy is carrying. I had to laugh and say that isn't today we have to wait. He made the "raspberry" noise and moved on.

But my walk away comment for this show today is: I do not like watching women getting abused!!! What Deimos did to Nicole was not good entertainment. She said "you are hurting me" and he continued. Not entertaining.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. I was really hoping that I missed something good every time the DVR went squiffy from the wind. Alas, the show was just awful.

The only parts that I can say weren't bad were the Theresa and Brady scenes. (Maybe the baby was teething?)

Thank goodness for Nicole. Otherwise the rest of the show belonged in the dumpster.

Kate needs to fly out of Salem on the broomstick she came in on.

I'll contribute for plane tickets to send Summer and Dario back to California. They both disgust me, and I don't want either one on my tv screen.

Deimos just went from dislike to hate on my character appreciation meter. How dare he harm Nicole!

Last edited:
Boy did they luck out when taping the scene with Tate screaming, to get one of the twins so upset that they could get it in one take.
They probably forced the poor child to watch segments of Days episodes that featured Summer. A concentrated dose of her would even reduce an adult to tears -- tears of boredom.
I agree. Crazy show. Summer and Dario hop in the sack, Summer meets Brady and "oh hey, by the way, I'm in love with you, have a nice day",
Going from being in the sack with one guy to declaring your love for another? Does this rate Summer official "hag" status. Speaking of Summer, this episode certainly suffered from an overdose of the psycho mermaid. Who cares about her problems, wants, and desires? I'd just as soon have scenes dealing the the inner lives of Dr. Seth Malcolm or Clyde's friend, Jeremiah, the one who seemed to sleep under a bush in Salem Park.
So what exactly does Kate think will happen to Nicole?
Kate should realize that any time she reports a crime, the natural assumption should be that she herself of the perpetrator. And if Deimos dies from getting too cozy with the tree trunk, there's no crime at all because when Kate shoved him, there was no clear intent to even injure him, which would have made it manslaughter. At best, if Deimos dies, his estate would have a cause of action against Kate for negligently pushing him while he was in close proximity to thick tree trunks. .

What was really odd, was Deimos tellling Nicole she would be unhappy married to Daniel within 6 mos. That the homey housewife with dinner waiting for him when he comes home (was waiting for a reference to Donna Reed, lol) was not her. And although he probably was right in his assessment, how the heck would he possibly know anything about Nicole and what she wanted from life?

(For those who are saying "huh, who is Donna Reed"....the reference was to an old TV series where Donna Reed was the housewife, who wore heels & pearls, even when vacuuming or cleaning house, hubby was doctor, and dinner was always ready, along with the 2 perfect, tho trouble prone kids, lol)

By the way, I call episodes like today's........or most of today...."filler" shows. Except for the Deimos/Nicole scenes, with Kate's watching and confronting Deimos afterwards, calling Roman...... all of the rest was just taking up time & space. Definitely too much Summer stuff, Brady/Theresa was ALL a waste of time. Been there, done that with them.

Thanks Poirot.

It was an odd episode especially when the show wasn't on the much last week.

Where are Joey, Steve and Kayla.. oh yeah, they are in LA or close by.

I was surprised Summer moved out the townhouse. And the flashback was strange
to watch since she was passed out.....

I wonder what Roman will do when Kate tells "HER" story. There is some
evidence like blood on a tree, but no body.

Back