Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 8, 2015

I don't usually comment on wardrobe -- usually don't pay too much attention one way or another. BUT I can hardly wait for a new day in Salem so we can get Serena out of that dress! I have to look away from the screen when we get a full body view of her. I'm afraid the wavy lines and sharp contrasting black/white is going to give me a migraine!!!!!

Chad/Abigail/Ben- I just don't see anyone to root for her. I haven't been invested in Ben and Abby for a long time, I liked them at first. But then it became clear their "story" was going to be nothing more then them going at it like rabbits and then essentially nada after that. And I have started liking Chad a bit more lately. But i don't know even though I don't find Ben particularly interesting I haven't seen him do anything to deserve what happened today. I'll keep an open mind about Chad and Abigail depending on how this develops but right now because of the way it went down I find it kind of a turn-off. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy. :)

Eric/Xander/Serena and the rest of the Scooby gang- I know it looks we got some real movement on this clunker today and I suppose to an extent we did. But I have a feeling they are going to continue to drag this out for a while longer somehow. I hope I'm wrong and they are going to bring this baby in for a landing but in the immortal words of Han Solo: "I have a bad feeling about this."

...But then it became clear their "story" was going to be nothing more then them going at it like rabbits and then essentially nada after that. ...

But enough about Lucas/Adrienne Nicole/Daniel Brady/Melanie Ben/Abby/Chad!! LOL

Saw bits at work. Was not impressed. Nothing to look up on youTube for me. I am still confused about the timeline - if that selfie was taken with the elephant, what was its purpose? And what purpose did sending it to Serena serve?

And really...really...this Victor/Xander thing...oy...

And while there has been different writers since that all happened, I was thinking that THESE present writers (who are no longer with the show) just MIGHT have had an idea of making Victor Daniel's actual father. After all, Daniel's mother had in vitro, so the fertilization would have had already to have taken place. I truly hope they don't go that route.
Ewwww if Victor was ever turned out to be Daniel's father that would mean Brady and Melanie committed incest.
They'd never do that, especially since Melanie was married to Philip and pregnant to him. She's also now had sex with Brady. If they made Victor the biological father of Daniel, that means Melanie would've had sex with her blood uncle and blood cousin.

Yes, I know it would be impossible, and NBC would have stepped in and said, FORGET IT! It is just these writers have loved to wreak havoc with what was previously written. And I think they MIGHT have had that idea, but had to discard it.
Although, Daniel DID save Bo's life, with that transplant...so, perhaps Vic is just super grateful.

I don't usually comment on wardrobe -- usually don't pay too much attention one way or another. BUT I can hardly wait for a new day in Salem so we can get Serena out of that dress! I have to look away from the screen when we get a full body view of her. I'm afraid the wavy lines and sharp contrasting black/white is going to give me a migraine!!!!!

Is the point of the dress to make someone look curvy? Because it really wasn't very flattering at all. I'm pretty skinny and there's no way I'd wear a dress with that pattern because it totally emphasised the belly area. 3 kids in and not as much core tone as I used to have, I'd be paranoid it'd make me look pregnant again. On one hand it was nice to see Serena in something not blue, but it just wasn't flattering on her. And she's a very pretty lady who is probably skinnier than me, assuming the saying about the camera making you look bigger is true.

Back to Abby/Chad, I thought it was interesting that they seemed to make a point to show it was Abby's choice. Abby came back with no prompting from anyone and got it on with Chad. Sure, he sweet talked her a bit into staying for another round, but even then it seemed to me that if she'd said she was going to leave with any sort of conviction he'd have helped her find her stuff and walked her to the door.

They'd never do that, especially since Melanie was married to Philip and pregnant to him. She's also now had sex with Brady. If they made Victor the biological father of Daniel, that means Melanie would've had sex with her blood uncle and blood cousin.

Not to mention that Philip got her pregnant. Even though she miscarried, I think they'd still think that was too gross to ever have made her somehow related biologically to Victor.

Is it just me for did Nicole basically talk to herself for over half the show LOL
But she is actually one of the very few actors who can pull this off successfully! She was more entertaining talking to herself than she was talking to Doc McScruffins.

I am still confused about the timeline - if that selfie was taken with the elephant, what was its purpose?

This is one of my biggest issues with this storyline--there are way too many holes in it. While I like how they tried to tie things together today, we still have no idea why Serena and Xander were working together or what their motivations were/are. And how did they go from sleeping together to her being terrified of him?

I do like that Eric was wise to Serena and I like that he and Nicole are investigating the same thing.

I fast forward any scenes with Doc McScruffins, especially ones that include Nicole.

Abby, Chad and Ben remind me of John, Marlena and Roman. I think she genuinely loves both men but she is in love with Chad. I do like Ben--I just wish they'd stop isolating him with Abigail and Clyde. I'd like to see him with Jeannie T, maybe Paige, even make friends, etc.

Chad and Abby didn't do it on the couch. I bet Harold is glad.
Will Abby feel bad?

What Victor said, sure made Xander mad. Since Xander from Scotland,
does he wear plaid :)

Interesting talk Ben had with his dad. When Ben figures out what
Abby did, will he be sad?

Eric knows Serena is lying, he's such a smart lad.

I forgot to mention I did like how they tied Scotland in to account for the fact that Paul Telfer (Xander) is Scottish. And bravo to an amazing acting job by him today--WOW! Great dialogue too, especially calling Vic's bluff about Daniel. He is indeed a hottie. Too bad they seem to be going down the path of Colin Murphy 2.0.

Will Ben be sad about Abigail's romp with Chad? He's more likely to get angry over the betrayal, but he shouldn't be surprised. Abigail is a true Salemite, which means that she's prone to succumbing to uncontrollable lust at moment's notice. If he wants a loyal girlfriend, he'd be well advised to search beyond the city limits. As for Fred, here's hoping that he sticks around after Xander and Bluebird make their long awaited exits. In the future, Nicole and the Love Doctor could watch silent Parker play with it, and smile and shake their heads over how foolish Eric was to ever have faith in his two shady cronies.

I am not sure if Nicole has been wearing that dress but when I saw her rush out of her office today I was like whoa! I mean the actress can rock the dress but it was definitely not work attire unless she works at the club or something.

So happy to be seeing the Xander storyline coming to an end. Loved seeing Victor have shades of his old, criminal style, self - I love him mellowed out, but that he's still got that edge there.

And, why writers, why? Why does Abby always have to be put into inappropriate relationships (especially with the DiMera boys) - after you're done with Chad, what next? Theo? (That would be totally wrong and bad and terrible, and not out of reach of the writers, sadly)

:sick: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

I can totally see the writers trying to make Victor Daniel's Egg-baby daddy.....it'll be good that Mel's out of town when she finds out she been doing the hanky panky with her relatives. yikes! I bet the writer's will try to sweep that under the rug and call it a day.

Back