Days of Our Lives - Mon. Mar. 13, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 13, 2017

Was really good to see Eric & Marlena today. Abby comes into the living room, is on her way over to the club to make all the final arrangements for the fund raiser for the high school sports dept. tomorrow. Kisses and goodbyes for Chad, off she goes, arrives at the closed Club. Seems Dario gave staff a break, since they will be working extra hours tomorrow. She goes over a few items, is about to leave, asks about his dancing, decides maybe the poor guy needs another lesson, perhaps a tango. Music is on, dancing begins, at one point she imagines she is dancing with Chad, but then back to reality.

Meanwhile, Chad is out in the square, just bought a little baseball glove for Thomas, runs into Gabi, naturally. Blah, blah, about baseball, high school, both in sports there, and bam, we are treated to newly created flashbacks of super baseball pitcher Gabi giving newly transferred to this school, and pitcher Chad some pitching lessons. Yes, go ahead, roll your eyes, I did. They talk a bit, Jennifer happens by, spots them.

Jen later comes across Chad, says she saw them, seems they appear to still have feelings for each other. Chad admits that they had moved on, then got put in that meat locker, and got close again. No, nothing happened, he has told Abby everything that happened and didn't happen, she is o.k. Jen asks if he has told her about his feelings for Gabi, he has tried, but she won't let him. Jennifer warns him he had better try harder, because if he hurts her daughter, he will have to deal with Jen.

Nicole asks Deimos what he wants, he goes on and on with his usual declarations of love, promises of helping her hide, etc. Nicole is very clear, several times. She does not love him, stay away from her, he will never come near her baby, he is the reason she is in this mess. He accuses her of being in love with Brady now, she refutes that, Brady is her friend, someone she trusts completely. Deimos asks Brady to leave the room, Nik says it's o.k. Brady waits outside the door, Deimos just repeats it all, as Nicole vehemently tells him she will never love her, leave her alone. Brady returns, Deimos cusses him out, Nik tells him that is exactly why it is over, he is doing exactly the same thing he always does. She & Brady leave with Holly.

Eric sits writing another apologetic letter to Nicole, but isn't happy with it, crumples it, throws it away. Marlena calls, asking him to come there to the hospital, someone needs his help. He is reluctant, but comes. She points to a sad looking fellow, sitting in a chair, was in an accident, the driver of the other car is in surgery. Eric guesses the guy was driving drunk, figures that is why his mother called him, declines, starts to leave, but looks at the guy, goes over and introduces himself. He talks of a year ago, driving drunk, and killing his best friend. He later is sitting beside the guy (Jason Cortland) talking of how he felt when they came out, his best friend had died. Jason will never take another drink, but Eric says that really takes commitment, that he himself has managed, but it is hard. Jason has tears, he is very upset. Jason tells him that something good came from it, since Eric now helps others. Marlena comes out, the other driver is out of surgery, is going to recover.

Later Marlena is at the Pub with Eric, praising him, how proud she is of him. Yes, she could have talked to that young man, but her words would not have had the impact his did, that he helped that man immensely.

At home, Abby teases Chad about buying a baseball glove already for Thomas. At least it is soft, will make a good teething toy.

Gabi & Dario sit in the club, she is drinking wine, as both whine to each other about their feelings for Chad & Abby. Dario feels bad he lied about not knowing how to dance, Gabi nearly chokes on her drink that he actually tried to lie about his abilities.

Eric texts Jen to meet him in the park. He says if the job is still open at the Horton Center, he'd like to take it. Jennifer is so happy, hugs, that is just wonderful.

Brady & Nicole are running thru that alley, she is worried she might need another blanket for Holly, doesn't want her to get cold.

Back in the room, a frustrated & angry Deimos suddenly goes on a rampage, tears the room apart. Knocks over the table, throws the luggage stand, pulls the bedding off the bed, throws a lamp across the room.

Thank you, Poirot.

I think the Spectator Store needs to send several wheels of cheese to these Salemites so they can have it with all of their cases of "whine".

1090redwax-web-jpg.jpg

Okay feel free to call me crazy but I enjoyed the flashbacks, I mean I don't think they are the greatest moment in the history of TV or anything (that as we all know was when Gabi gout of of prison. LOL) but I thought they were kind of sweet and cute. A throwback to an more innocent time for both characters you might say. Of course I wasn't watching during the time that this memory is supposed to have occurred so the fact that is what's known as a "retcon" doesn't really bother me.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't see what's so terrible about the Abigail/Chad/Gabi story. If the resistance is due to the fact that the romantic triangle in general is anold, moldy, overused, and decrepit storyline in which the writers can't seem to find anything new or interesting to say then I agree completely.

But in regard to this particular triangle I'm of two minds. On hand if Gabi were to move on to someone else and this were to end tomorrow I would not be overcome with grief. But on the other hand I really don't think its that bad as these things go. "shrug"

Oh I try to be fair if I try not to blindly love a story just BECAUSE Gabi is part of it. If think it's not working I'll say so. And if I think Gabi is wrr... strange my keyboard seems to stuck let's try again shall we? If I Gabi is wrr....

Oh heck, not right, I'll say so then too. :)

I made the mistake of not fast forwarding this one. I'm over the Nicole debacle. And I don't enjoy watching a grown man in his 50s throw a temper tantrum.

Eric and Marlena scenes were great. Actually everything with Eric was. I wish we could see him more than once a week. I also wish Jen could offer him a job at The Spectator and the Horton Center.

I liked that Abby was imagining Chad when she was dancing with Dario. That was a pleasant surprise. I wish Chad would do the same when he's with Gabi. I also didn't care for th fake flashbacks. Gabi was with Will in high school, not Chad. A lot of us watched that transpire.

Also nice to see Jen in Mama Bear mode. It made sense today and I'm guessing that was a huge anvil. I think Abby and Chad will temporarily break up in order for Chad to realize who he belongs with. I still think Gabi and JJ are also a rooting couple.

Last edited:
I just can't deal with Chad/Gabi being transposed as this decade's John/Marlena. IT IS NOT SO and no newly-created garbage flashback to a time that we actually saw transpire on screen will convince me otherwise.

Meanwhile enough with the fundraisers! The rest of Salem has had 1, maybe 2 days, and Abby has done at least 2 DiMera fundraisers? Yeesh.

I enjoyed the Eric scenes except for the Sainting of the orange one. ENOUGH ALREADY.

LOL, true. Outside of Eric & Marlena, everything else was just wash, rinse, repeat, yawwnnn...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Amen. It's truly remarkable how the writers are able to churn out snoozers day after day. Regarding the Dario, Abigail, Gabi, Chad nonsense, Huey Lewis and the News once had a hit called Hip to Be Square, but those sentiments certainly don't apply to this love-"square." There's nothing hip about his awful story line. Then there was Deimos barking threats at Nicole. Victor made a big mistake making him head of Titan. Instead, he should have been posted in front of the K-mansion to scare away intruders and unwanted guests. Finally, laugher of the day was Jenny threatening to "come after" Chad if he doesn't treat the former Ms. Perfect right. Who does silly Jenny think she is -- Orpheus, Xander, Clyde, Ben, or slimy Dario?
Seriously, did we really need a manufactured flashback that revises history of Salem High for us? Especially the long-time viewers who know better. Sheesh.
Very true. If memory serves, high-school Chad was preoccupied with the pregnancy of his ex-girl friend, Mia and his rocky relationship with his now ex-father, goofy D.A. Woods..

Thanks for the summary. Totally forgot I missed this episode (incredibly busy day at work yesterday). But it seems I missed nothing but boring filler, with the exception of some very well-done Eric scenes.

I really hated this episode; spent most of the 40 minutes yelling at the TV. :angry:

Re the fundraiser, the TBD venue is much too small. Abby's efforts, at this point, are an exemplar of what many wealthy women consider to be their "job," i.e. planning parties. :rolleyes:

So, Dario is unable to dial back on his dancing skills? :rotfl:

Back