Days of Our Lives - Mon., Mar. 20, 2017

Thanks for the summary, and for putting me on guard. I plan to watch but I also plan to have my fast-forward finger ready. I'm disgusted with Chad for laying the burden of his feelings for Gabi on Abigail. The men of Salem are always so eager to protect their women but apparently Chad doesn't have a problem with gut punching his wife!

I have no words for Claire and Ciara.

Thanks, Poirot. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the episode wasn't
a good one.

I enjoyed the Maggie and Eric scenes too. She understands what he's going though
since she had an accident, but the person lived.

I'm not surprised about Theo telling Claire they should wait. I didn't think he was
interested in "doing it" when she suggested it last week.

And Claire saw Ciara put the letter in Theo's backpack and read it. Happens
all the time in Salem.

Closed captioning for the music with Dario and Abby said "gentle jazzy music"

NikkiFan, I had to go back and look at Jennifer. As is often the case, her hair and clothes don't do her justice. The thing around her neck was distracting to me.

I'm trying to think of something positive to say about this episode. I kept noticing how vivid the colors were today. I liked the colors the party people were wearing. Dario cleaned up pretty good but even that couldn't make him any more appealing because he is creepy to the core. The fact that he would suggest to Gabi that they try and break up Chad and Abigail showed his true colors.

What a silly thing, about the light bulb. I don't know which was worse, that Gabi couldn't change it herself or that Dario was worried about getting dirty changing it. It was a bathroom mirror light. It wasn't as though he was going to have to go into the attic or something!

I liked Jennifer and Eric

I liked Jennifer and Abby

I liked Maggie and Eric

I liked Maggie and Ciara but it really should have been Shawn or Hope she was talking to.

I absolutely despise how the family is on Ciara's side in all of this. We've seen it with Hope, Julie and now Maggie.

Claire is quickly becoming my least favorite character.

Claire is being written as Sami Jr right now and that is annoying. However, she really has done nothing wrong with Theo. He was available and they started dating. That's not a crime. Ciara is the one who brushed him off more than once and only decided she wanted him after Claire started dating him.

Chad and Abby need to separate in order to save their marriage. Only way to salvage the awful writing.

Dario looks good in a suit

While it was perfectly fine for Claire to begin dating Theo, her plans to have sex with Theo don't come from loving him. She loves no one but herself, it seems. She took Marlena's advice wrong, Instead of being there for Theo, when he might need his girlfriend, someone to listen, .....worrying about an exam, who is father is dating, etc., she rushes home, insists they have sex. And she calls it that, not making love. (In fact, she is so pushy about it, hard to believe this would be her first time, lol)

Theo tried a bit to put her off, but she definitely was persistent.

So........no, I don't feel sorry at all for Ciara, and yes, it is a shame the older family members are giving Ciara this "loving" advice to tell Theo how she feels. Wonder what they would be saying to Claire, if she began moaning about someone going after her boyfriend?

Would they tell Dario to let Abby know how he feels. Tell Gabi to go after Chad. I truly hate these triangles/quads, etc.

I agree with you about Claire pushing the sex thing and that neither of them is truly ready. I do think we've seen some brief glimpses of self awareness from Claire too which is a good thing.

As I've said, I think in theory the triangle is a good idea. But it's been executed all wrong. The teens are too isolated. They had Shawn in Salem and blew it by letting him go again. He and Belle should have been in the middle of the 2 girls all along. That would have given them some angst as a couple without needing an interloper. Shawn could have also disagreed with Hope about how to handle the situation causing angst between mother and son. Maybe that could have translated to Shawn showing disapproval of Rafe. Marlena and even Eric could have been the ones on Claire's side. Abe, Lani, John all could have been involved too. This could have been a small umbrella story and the show blew it with bad pacing and writing.

Yep, Shawn's daughter & sister at odds, which could have then had Belle & Hope at odds, putting Shawn between a rock and a hard place in both instances.

Rafe doesn't even know his brother has been pining after a married woman, his sis after a married man, and does he even know of the trials of his girlfriend's daughter, one to whom he became attached when she was younger. Seems he has been there, done that, . Guess he is too busy taking bubble baths, LOL

Rafe has no cause to judge Dario's "pining after a married woman" considering he did the same thing when Hope was engaged to and married Aiden. Not so long ago, Rafe was "pining" over another married woman when he got involved in Carrie's marriage. Rafe is no better than the ones he would be "judging." Then there's his involvement in Stefano's "death" and disposal. Glass houses and all that..... :)

Did not say he was judging, only that he didn't know. I personally feel Dario has been more obvious about his feelings for Abby, than Rafe did with Hope. But, that is just me.

thank heavens Julie made sure Eli met some of his family, and has heard about others. LOL Eli will soon learns that while Salemites have family in town, they quite often have no idea what they are up to.

Chad sure picked a "wonderful" time to make his confession to Abby. When they are basically ready to walk out the door to the fundraiser she is hosting, an event they are going to see Gabi at, is not the time.

And I'm pretty sure that tomorrow, they will have Chad telling Gabi that he loves her, but he also loves Abby and is committed to her, so they (Chad and Gabi) cannot spend any time together at all. At which point Gabi will decide that Dario was right, they should try to break up Chad and Abby. But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and she'll still not want to come between them. She'll spend time with Eli, go on more dates and eventually fall for him.

Did not say he was judging, ...
That was a bad choice of words on my part, Barb, and not directed at you. :hug:My point is that, whether Rafe knows about those things or not, I don't think he can find fault with Dario over his feelings for Abigail since he has done worse things.

The Chad/Gabi/Abby triangle is getting old. Chad and Gabi made out a couple of times. Even Gabi said they hadn't started a relationship so it's ridiculous they keep treating it like some big love story.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I couldn't agree more! What is this, junior high school? I hate to think about how those two love birds would be carrying on if they had actually shared some sack time. :eek: "Lightning bolt" attractions are pretty rare. :rolleyes:

Back