Days of Our Lives - Mon., Mar. 23, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 23, 2015

If viewers were beginning to have misgivings about the kind of person they thought Will was, they will be reinforced today. (I had several phone calls during the show, so hope I don't leave out anything important.
Melanie returns back to the apartment, to find Serena & Parker in the midst of some kind of art project. Parker is having a wonderful time, but Melanie says it is past bedrime, and takes him off. Later, she returns, chats with Serena about Eric a bit. Seems Serena is pretty happy, and actually, may have found a way to perhaps stay in Salem. She is pretty confident about it. (The packet of diamonds is in her cleavage)

Nicole is questioning Eric about the elephants, and he is explaining Serena's interest in his, how he had one, she had one, but lost hers, wanted his, but he gave it away. And later Nicole runs into Serena, they exchange snarky comments, with Nicole finally revealing she knows there were really two elephants, theat Serena lied to Eric about losing hers. Serena in turn, gives Nicole a hard time about being so inquisitive, losing Eric, and now not being able to hold on to Daniel.

Chad is with Theo, promising to spend time with him. Later he is talking to Abe, who notes all the changes in Chad's life since he returned to town. Meanwhile, Abby is with Ben, who doesn't seem to want to study, they are kissing a bit....but next she has run into Chad, they are talking about Chad & Theo going rollerblading, Theo missing Abby. Abby is sorry about what happened at the DiMera board meeting, Chad is seeming to take it in stride, and then they are talking of Jack's book, with Chad quoting some lines Jack wrote about the silence of the night, stars in the sky....actually lovely lines. Abby agrees, looks a bit pensive.

Paul argues with his mother, as he wants to go out to get something to eat, she doesn't want him running into Sonny again (she remembers Will's warning to her. Paul gets mad, goes anyway.
Will & Sonny are arguing big time, with Will doing his usual whining about Paul & Sonny. He berates Sonny for seeing Paul first, making all kinds of accusations, referring to himself once again as coming in second, since he asked Paul to marry him first. Sonny explains about John being there, not being rude, etc. then gets really ticked off at Will, telling him that all the while he was gone, he thought about Will, and now Will is blaming him about Paul, and he is the one who slept with Paul, but is trying to put the blame on Sonny. He is done, until Will makes up his mind to accept responsibility. He goes into the bedroom, and Will leaves.

Adrienne comes to visit Sonny, lets him know she knows all about Will & Paul. Sonny is bemoaning how he realizes that it takes two to make a marriage work, and so it takes perhaps two to make it go bad. He brings up spending all their money and not telling Will. Adrienne is very understanding and compassionate, and doesn't want Sonny blaming himself for what Will decided to do.

Meanwhile, Will is talking to Paul, berating him for still being in town, for not leaving as he said he would, for using any excuse at all to stay. Will figures Paul wanted to be around when Sonny came back. Paul denies all this, tells how he told Sonny to give Will some slack, then wonders why Will is not with Sonny right now, after having Sonny be gone for so long.
Will admits they had a fight, but wants Paul gone, as soon as the benefit is over. And warns him that if he doesn't go, as promised, he will be sorry.

In the beginning, Serena was admiring the baggie of diamonds and who sees her?? Parker, who is standing behind her. She shows him the baggie of diamonds, says they are pretty and says it will be their secret. Parker says "ok".

She better hope he doesn't suddenly learn to talk soon or he could blow her secret.

You didn't miss much, Poirot. There wasn't a whole lot to miss today.

The reason Serena and Parker were doing an art project was because Parker got out of bed and saw the diamonds, which he called "sparkles." Serena told him they were a secret and asked him not to tell anyone. As soon as Melanie returned, Parker said, "Sparkles! Secret!" but Melanie assumed he meant don't tell Daniel he'd been up making an art project when he was supposed to be in bed. There was no mention of getting Parker speech therapy for talking in one word sentences when he's supposed to be almost kindergarten age.

Ben asked Abby to move in with him, but she had a lot of excuses for why it wasn't a good idea. He finally accepted her No when she said her family wouldn't like it.

Thank you, Poirot. Boy, this episode sure sounds like a snoozer, but at least Sonny is back.

Does Days think that I care that Ben asked Abigail to move in? YAWN

Serena and the dang diamonds are equally as stupid. Parker loving "Fred" the elephant was way more interesting.

I don't normally condone violence, but someone please knock the snot out of Will.

How big was this bag of diamonds? Could Serena just not leave with the diamonds stuffed in her bra? What about a purse? She was out and about without her purse? Hiding them in Daniel's apartment is ridiculous and a convoluted way to continue to drag out this irritating plot. Why even go to all of the trouble of trying to get the elephant if she was just going to leave the diamonds behind.

Why would Will want to stay in a marriage if he feels like he will always be Sonny's second choice? Paul leaving town won't change that fact if it's true. He wants Sonny to stay away from Paul, but every chance he gets he's running off to confront Paul with utter nonsense. I'm waiting on this genius to figure out the smart thing to do is actually address the problems in their marriage that have nothing to do with Paul, but I have little hope that will happen. Will's going to keep pushing Paul until he eventually pushes back and then things are really going to get ugly for his marriage.

In the beginning, Serena was admiring the baggie of diamonds and who sees her?? Parker, who is standing behind her. She shows him the baggie of diamonds, says they are pretty and says it will be their secret. Parker says "ok".

She better hope he doesn't suddenly learn to talk soon or he could blow her secret.

I was laughing as he & Melanie were playing and he said, "Sparkles" and "Secret." On Twitter I laughed that Serena's grand plan's about to be undone by someone who can only say 4 words, LOL.

... There was no mention of getting Parker speech therapy for talking in one word sentences when he's supposed to be almost kindergarten age....
And this irks me almost as much as the sharp left in Sonny's character and Will's whining, as you can imagine. (And welcome back HM!)

Truly not a great episode. I muted Ben & Abby and their circular conversation. It was nice to see Theo but of course, he's only existing to push Chad & Abby together. :sick: I can't believe that as little as 11 months ago Abby was my favourite character.

And I have no words left for Will or the ridiculousness of even Sonny trying to find a way to justify the fact he married a sleaze. I really loved Adrienne & Sonny's scenes, though. (And once again, Sonny "losing all their money" gets mentioned. At that point, I had to cut out, for my blood pressure's sake. LOL)

I was laughing as he & Melanie were playing and he said, "Sparkles" and "Secret." On Twitter I laughed that Serena's grand plan's about to be undone by someone who can only say 4 words, LOL.
Maybe Serena can convince everyone she was letting Parker watch How I Met Your Mother re-runs and they stumbled upon the episodes of Robin and her secret past as Robin Sparkles! haha

The Serena thing made zero sense. First of all, @cryin4days is right--the bag was tiny. How would anyone even know it was there? If Navidad and company are having her followed, surely they will know that Fred the Elephant now lives in Daniel's apartment, and that furthermore Daniel's lease states his apartment must be broken into once every six months, so they'll just ransack it. Thank G-d Serena didn't come up with the bright idea of giving the diamonds to Parker for safekeeping, or who knows what might happen to him.

Most importantly, Serena has been trying to get the elephant, presumably because the people pressuring her want those diamonds. So how, exactly, does hiding the diamonds in Daniel's fireplace solve anything for her? Why not just leave them in the elephant if she's not going to do anything with them?

I think the writers broke into Rory's stash of weed. That's the only explanation I've got for this ridiculous story.

Maybe Serena can convince everyone she was letting Parker watch How I Met Your Mother re-runs and they stumbled upon the episodes of Robin and her secret past as Robin Sparkles! haha

Thanks for the REAL LOL today. I love all that stuff!! We're almost up to the Robin Daggers episode in run #2! :back:

Serena has been trying to get the elephant, presumably because the people pressuring her want those diamonds. So how, exactly, does hiding the diamonds in Daniel's fireplace solve anything for her? Why not just leave them in the elephant if she's not going to do anything with them?
I got the feeling that Serena plans to keep the diamonds for herself by pretending that she can't get the elephant. (I would also not be surprised if she "accidentally" breaks the elephant in front of a witness, either.) That way they're not on her person, or in any visible location, or in the elephant anymore...since so much time has passed, "he" and Navidad may assume they've been lifted somewhere else (presuming they get their hands on the elephant). At least that's what I took from Serena's comment that she "might be able to stay in Salem" because of the "business" she just finished. Then again, we here at the Spectator have put a lot more thought into this than I suspect the writers did. :)

and that furthermore Daniel's lease states his apartment must be broken into once every six months
:rotfl: Yes...just like the Salem coma...luckily these events coincide so he can be working long shifts while the cleaners are working on his apartment!! :rotfl:

Forgot to mention that today Sonny told Will "You need to start thinking." I literally laughed out loud and it lasted a good 5 minutes. That was all I could hear him saying to him for the rest of their scenes.

I wondered in Friday's thread if the saga of Serena and the elephants/diamonds could be salvaged. Today I think we got the answer to that question which is no, it can't. It has crossed over from being nonsense to pure idiocy. I bet none of the actors who have the misfortune of being caught up in this have ever used the word "elephant" so much in their lives.

I understand why Arianna was so happy to see Sonny on Friday the poor little girl was just exhausted from having to be the adult in the apartment. I don't know how much more of the whiny self-serving sludge that keeps pouring out of Will's mouth I can take. I just don't get where the writers are going with him.

So today I am working from home and excited to see the show and what happens to the "prize" inside the Jack in the Box, no wait inside the elephant. Between that and less than fulfilling outcome and Will's petulant child act, I'm lucky that I stayed awake and that my lunch stayed down.

Grandma Marlena had better get Will some professional help because it appears he is having a mental breakdown.
Does he ever. When he gives what he thinks is his displeased, threatening look he's reminiscent of the "Gomer Pyle" character in Full Metal Jacket right before he completely lost it and fatally shot the marine drill sergeant.

The Serena thing made zero sense.
For sure. "Bluebird" finally gets the long-lost diamonds and then stashes them in the most ridiculous place possible. What are the chances that now: 1) the Love Doctor will have a sudden urge to light a fire, 2) the Easter Bunny will emulate Santa Claus by coming down the chimney to give Parker his Easter basket, or 3) Santa himself will make special springtime trip down the chimney to bring Parker some more toy trains?

Finally, it's a real shame that the Salem Inn doesn't have cable TV or a wifi connection. That way, Paul could watch "March Madness," view spring-training baseball games, and check out all his favorite websites, instead of wandering Salem and having unpleasant encounters with self-righteous, delusional, immature brat boy Will.

2) the Easter Bunny will emulate Santa Claus by coming down the chimney to give Parker his Easter basket, or Santa himself will make special springtime trip down the chimney to bring Parker some more toy trains?
Only in Salem would the Easter Bunny come down the chimney or would Santa show up in April!

Back