Days of Our Lives - Mon., Mar. 9, 2015

Of course they did, these writers created them. :rolleyes:
Also - does it ever seem to any of you that the producers/writers begrudgingly bring people back (often by fan demand), then destroy them/make them unlikable (John, Lucas, Justin...)???

Or they just write them off completely (Bo, Steve, Jack, etc.)

Adrienne Kiriakis was in rare form today and I loved every minute of it. It seems to me though that her problems with Justin may be impacting her response to Will cheating on Sonny because Will's affair with Paul resembles what she thinks happened between Justin and Elsa. It especially clicked when she mentioned the working long hours.

Her lines were both written and delivered brilliantly. One example and I'm paraphrasing:

Adrienne: "If Sonny ever decides to forgive you, you're going to have to find a way to live with yourself"
Will: "I don't know if I'll be able to do that"
Adrienne: "Oh I don't think you'll have a problem doing that. Your mother sure as hell never did"

And I have to mention her escalating "hey...Hey...HEY" complete with finger pointing directed at Will. :rotfl:

Will looking at Lucas saying he refuses to lose his husband should've sent a chill down Lucas' spine and reminded him of all the times Sami had that same determined look in her eyes that led to nothing but trouble.

I also liked Rafe and Jordan's dance and felt like we got a glimpse of what could have been if the writers had handled these two correctly. Then of course we had to get one last "confrontation" between Jordan and Clyde. *yawn* Talk about going out with a whimper. I have to say that I would not be surprised if we end up getting a recast Jordan. I know nobody really cares but this thing with Jordan's "mama" isn't just a loose thread which would be a acceptable but a hole the size of the Grand Canyon and to leave it undealt with goes beyond laziness. But my comment about nobody caring applies to the writers as well as the audience so maybe this is the end of it. We can hope I guess.

My favorite part was definitely Adrienne slapping Will, she practically took him off his feet. I immediately thought of the scene in Airplane where in order to "calm" a hysterical passenger the whole plane lines up to slap and shake her. As the camera moves past we see the passengers holding baseball bats, monkey wrenches and various other implements. In my mind I saw a long line of Salemites lining up to do the same thing to Will when his indiscretion becomes public knowledge. It was a happy thought. :)

I wonder if anybody else found Rafe's conversation with Paul and Tori a bit well...odd? I was left wondering if we were supposed to assume that Rafe had met Paul before but maybe offscreen. Paul has been in town for a couple of months so I'm willing to buy that if that is the case but still it seemed Rafe was a bit too familiar I guess is the word I'm looking for here. Also as you know I do love me some Gabi shout-outs and we did get one today to which I say :clap:but since when does Rafe call his sister "Gabriella?" I know that's her full name but the only person I ever heard do that was EJ so that just seemed odd to me. If the scene had longer this is how I imagine it ending:

Rafe: Gabi is the mother of Will's daugther but unfortunately she's doing ten to twenty in Statesville for killing her ex-husband.

Paul (exchanging shocked looks with Tori): Oh, I... see.

Rafe: The guy was a controlling slimebag and was making her life pure hell. He had it coming.

Tori: Yes, I'm sure he did.

Rafe: Well, I see your table is ready you two have a wonderful night. *walks off*

Tori: Paul who was that man?

Paul: I have NO idea.

It was just odd LOL.

Were me & my boyfriend the only ones who noticed that there was an ever so slight look of pride/twinkle in the eye of Lucas when he said "Narita? YOU slept with PAUL NARITA?" Why do I get the feeling the next line of dialogue was "Hell yeah! Go Will!!!" (Will & Lucas high five). :sarcasm:

It was a bad day for Salem cheats. Justin received a dose of the truth from Lucas and then was forced into an admission by Adrienne. That said, he got off cheaply compared to bratboy Will. Kudos to Adrienne for doing what many viewers have probably wanted to do to the brat for a long time -- give him a slap that sends him reeling. As for Paul, he certainly got his share of grief from Adrienne. He's lucky that Sami is in Hollywood, otherwise he'd have been getting an earful from two directions. Speaking of Paul, it was good to hear that he's being interviewed by people from NBC Sports. At last, his story will be told by professionals rather than Sami's hack-writer son. Finally kudos the guy at the table at "Club Victor" who used his smartphone to take a picture of Tori and Paul when they walked in -- something that any baseball fan might do when a famous player appears. Usually Salem bystanders seem totally oblivious to all the nonsense that's going on around them.

Just watched the episode again. Cryin--I completely agree about Adriennne thinking of her and Justin during her chat with Will. I did like how Adrienne, Justin and Lucas were integrated into this storyline today. They were in it but in a tactful way. Nor overbearing like Jen and Eve or even Kate.

Speaking of Kate, I've never liked her and wish she had followed Jordan out of town.

I thought it was funny how people at the club were taking cell phone photos of Paul behind his back but nobody came up and asked for an autograph. You'd think in a small town like Salem they would.

Troy, I've been saying for weeks that I think Jordan will be recast. The threat to Clyde and the scene with Rafe pretty much left the door open.

Marlena wasn't wearing a wedding ring but Kate was. Not the first time I've seen her wearing one either.

Were me & my boyfriend the only ones who noticed that there was an ever so slight look of pride/twinkle in the eye of Lucas when he said "Narita? YOU slept with PAUL NARITA?" Why do I get the feeling the next line of dialogue was "Hell yeah! Go Will!!!" (Will & Lucas high five). :sarcasm:

:rotfl: I won't even lie, the way his eyes lit up when questioning "you slept with Paul Narita", I know it was more likely due to shock but my initial thought it looked like he may have been internally saying "wow kid I didn't know you had it in you". :rotfl:

...I wonder if anybody else found Rafe's conversation with Paul and Tori a bit well...odd? I was left wondering if we were supposed to assume that Rafe had met Paul before but maybe offscreen. ...

I think it was obvious he worked at the club, was the manager, etc. Plus Paul is "famous" so I think that kinda thing would happen to him all the time.

I can't decide if Rafe being the club manager is the stupidest thing or the most genius thing ever. It gives him lots of mixed interactions with varied characters (which could lead somewhere exciting) while also leaving him with no story (which to be honest is what I think the writers want).

Speaking of Kate, I've never liked her and wish she had followed Jordan out of town....
Now there's an idea for Ms Blue Chunk!! Since Jordan left town, Kate will have to follow her to continue her now unwarranted harassment!! Let's pitch in and get the she-devil a ticket to the Big Apple!!

There was some "tweeting conversation" on Deidre Hall's page (Marlena) which was asking if one of the scenes with John & Marlena (I think they meant the kiss) was a recent insert. I really did not get it, but there was some mention of something she wore last October (which would be in this episode) and something that was different. Deidre never replied, so it was just buzzing between fans......

However, I was intrigued with the idea that perhaps story could be gently changed a bit in this manner? I don't know. But if a short/small scene is "inserted", it means something else has to be excised. and with all the nonsense filler, that might not be too hard. LOLOL
Hey, just guessing/asking questions here. NOT A FACT.

Well yeah it was obvious that Rafe was the club manager and I get that Paul has some fame and is probably used to people coming up to him. But I don't know I just found the way Rafe said "I don't know if you know this..." I suppose it could have just been a "hey we know the same people" kind of thing and is probably how Paul took it. It just seemed off to me is all and I'm sticking to it. LOL

Adrienne was the best part of the show. The things she said to Will about
him being a child and also said was Sami Brady's son.

Adrienne was honest with Justin about kissing Lucas. Then she figured
out Justin has probably being doing stuff with Elsa.

I enjoyed Rafe and Jordan's dance and their kiss. I'm going to miss Tammy Sue.

John and Marlena kissed. :love:

I'm just not convinced Justin has been having an affair with Elsa. They seem to be really dancing around the issue. Adrienne has her suspicions and Justin has been dodging her questions and accusations but I feel like there is something more going on there. It seems like Justin is harboring some big secret concerning Elsa and/or his work in Dubai and apparently it's easier to allow Adrienne to believe what she fears most. I don't know but something is off. I did like that Adrienne admitted she and Lucas kissed but had stopped it there.

The Adrienne /Will scenes were fantastic except for the expression on Will's face after she slapped him. I burst out laughing at that part. As much as Will is grating on my nerves with his whining and blame shifting, I am loving everyone throwing it all back in his face. Adrienne's dialogue was on point, especially when she told him he needed to grow up and comparing him to Sami. Excellent.

Goodbye Jordan. I'm sorry the writers gave you the shaft. This whole mess with Rafe and Clyde could have been a great story if written well but unfortunately everything was dragged out far too long and then essentially dropped, or at least very poorly ended. I firmly believe the Rafe/Jordan story was put on ice last year so that the Sami/EJ crap fest could be front and center. I really hope the new writers give Rafe a good story/romance. He deserves it.

I turned on the tv at 1:04pm and Rafe and Jordan were already dancing. Huh?!? Really bad pacing. And I'm annoyed that Jordan and Rafe got a good-bye scene that nodded to their minimal history yet Sami and Rafe got nothing when she left Salem and those 2 were MARRIED and together for several years. I still don't think we've seen the last of Jordan.

Nice to see Justin, Adrienne and Lucas and LOVED Adrienne's dialogue. I may watch this episode again later.

John and Marlena: Again filler :angry:

Paul and Tori had more air time than they did. :angry:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Rafe went to see Sami a few days before she left. Or maybe they talked at the square or something. But I don't think it was "nothing". It certainly wasn't a long drawn out goodbye but I think there was something.

I didn't really see John and Marlena as filler, just that they didn't devote too much time to them. They seem to be slowly setting up the story with Paul and Tori and how they relate to John and Marlena. It was nice seeing a little romance with them today.

There was some "tweeting conversation" on Deidre Hall's page (Marlena) which was asking if one of the scenes with John & Marlena (I think they meant the kiss) was a recent insert. I really did not get it, but there was some mention of something she wore last October (which would be in this episode) and something that was different. Deidre never replied, so it was just buzzing between fans......

However, I was intrigued with the idea that perhaps story could be gently changed a bit in this manner? I don't know. But if a short/small scene is "inserted", it means something else has to be excised. and with all the nonsense filler, that might not be too hard. LOLOL
Hey, just guessing/asking questions here. NOT A FACT.

Interesting. I could see how they may have done that today given that John and Marlena were on for all of 3 minutes and their scenes were pretty isolated. The scene with Rafe also had a very poor transition from the prior scene. Came off as very abrupt to me.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Rafe went to see Sami a few days before she left. Or maybe they talked at the square or something. But I don't think it was "nothing". It certainly wasn't a long drawn out goodbye but I think there was something.

You're right. He did visit the DiMansion but the majority of the conversation was about Sami and EJ.

Well, Will wrote the article, so Paul knows Will, and that Will has a dsughter. Rafe was only saying is sis was the mother...so they both DO k now the same people.

Well, all of that is certainly true LOL. I don't know maybe I just read too much into the scene and thereby read it wrong and Rafe was simply making conversation.

Back