Days of Our Lives - Mon., March 17, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 17, 2014

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. And our Salemites are living proof of that today. Daniel demands to know what exactly is this shredded and put back together letter that was in Nicole's desk. She is evasive, tearful, will tell him, but only if he won't tell Eric. Daniel refuses to make that promise, they go back and forth, arguing, and finally she agrees to confess all. And she spins her lies into a great tale, tells how she was going thru the show's fan mail, (already opened by an asst.) found that letter, apparently a letter between Chyka & Kristen, but not enough proof to what Kristen did to Eric. She sheds tears, no envelope to tell who sent it, she thinks it was Stefano, tells of him coming to see her, berating her for driving Kristen off the road and out of town, taunting her, gloating. She makes a good case, Daniel agrees he won't mention this to Eric. Daniel has invited her to the gathering later on, 6 p.m. She & Eric will be there. He leaves, she sits, and more or less is talking to God, saying she did the right thing, well, maybe the wrong thing but for the right reasons. O.K. the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, but Eric loves me, I love him and I am not going to let anything spoil that, not even the truth.

Ah, Sami catches EJ in the meeting room, with the Erectile Dysfunction brochure. She doesn't see it at first, thinks EJ was at a hospital board meeting, he says it was confidential, she is full of questions, talks of them not keeping secrets. Now she sees the brochure, thinks it is EJ with a problem, goes on and on, saying it is her fault, she tossed him out of her bed. EJ is denying, reassuring, and yes, Sami knows he is o.k. but she babbles like always, and finally comes up with her own solution. Of course, How kind of EJ to come there at his father's behest. Has to be him, age, Cecily hasn't been around, etc., but why not go to his own doc. EJ throws out something about meds, and his father's diabetes, etc. Sami understands, mentions her & Abby having to leave the room because of the meeting. EJ inquires about Abby, Sami goes on about offering to help and be there for her with home pregnancy test. EJ questions that, after all, usually one doesn't have an audience, or need to hold a hand when in the bathroom. (yes, it is funny dialogue) and they finally leave.

Adrienne has met up with Abby, they talk of the upcoming wedding, of Sami working with Adrienne on the plans, and then how Sami told her of the secret. Now we have one of those run around conversations, where Adrienne means Abby helping Sami with art, while Abby thinks her aunt means about her possibly being pregnant. But Adrienne finally lets loose with a mention of art, Abby is visibly relieved, denies then there being anything else, Adrienne mentions having seen a gorgeous bridesmaid dress, perfect for Abby, will send her a pic.

Sami & Adrienne meet up to make wedding plans. Adrienne says Victor is glad they will be at his place, and wants to pay for the whole thing. Sami at first declines, but then agrees. Adrienne tells her of running into Abby, and telling her that she knew of their secret. At least Sami keeps quiet enough....at first, but nosy Adrienne manages to ask a few questions, noting that Abby seemed to have something else on her mind. She prods a bit more, Sami finally caves, but says Abby is still distressed over her breakup with Chad. Adrienne wonders why not talk to her mother, Sami says there are some things you just don't want to chat with mom about. Adrienne thinks it surprising then, Abby did not confide in someone her own age. Sami bristles at that, but admits that no, she really is not just a few years older than Abby (I should hope she realizes that, heck, she dated Abby's father for a bit). Adrienne seems to accept that explanation.

In her office, jen is appalled at the pic she received of herself with two hunks, She gets a call from Kayla, who has seen the pic, and it evidently is on the hospital web site. Eric is sympathetic, they both bemoan who could have done that, been so cruel. Jen is out at the nurses' station with Maxine, tearing up a lot of those pics. Next, Anne comes storming in, furious for being grilled for 10 minutes about those pics that a hack photoshopped, doing a bad job. When she leaves, Jen actually agrees that it was a poor job, Anne would have done better, and now she takes off to see Theresa who is having lunch at the Pub with Brady. Liam has been eavesdropping on all this.

He sees Jen's office door open, goes in, picks up the picture from the desk. Eric arrives, tells him Jen isn't there. Liam knows, is a friend. Eric realizes this is the guy Jen dated a bit. Liam says yes, for about a minute. He can't imagine who would do something like this. Eric says he will tell Jen he stopped by when he sees her tonight. Liam stops. Tonight??? Eric just says Daniel is having a little gathering. Liam just nods, leaves, but outside the door, he stops for a few seconds, as if thinking, and continues on.

Earlier, Brady showed up at the hospital to see Theresa, invite her to lunch. They go to the Pub, and he finally gifts her with that purse she has been admiring for so long, and hinting about to him. He is enjoying some wine with his meal, when Jen walks in, causing Theresa to visit the Ladies room. Jen tries to warn him about Theresa who is only interested in money, alcohol & drugs. He doesn't take kindly to that. She invites him to the dinner, & he can bring a date, anyone not named Theresa. He declines, but then she says he can bring whoever he wants. Theresa returns, Jen wants to talk to her privately, Theresa is off the clock. Jen says then get back on it, be in my office in 15 minutes. Or what, laughs Theresa. You don't want to know, replies Jen, as she leaves. Brady wonders what is going on, Theresa doesn't know but will soon find out. She leaves, as Brady finishes his glass, starts to leave, decides one more won't hurt.
Theresa plops herself in a chair in Jen's office, and is shown that picture, tells Jen she can tell that isn't Jen's body. LOL. Jen claims she knows Theresa did this, so cut the crap. Whatever you think you are going to get from this, not gonna happen.

Abby meets up with EJ in the park, he tells her about crawling out on the ledge during that whole meeting, coming in, but glosses over Sami coming in. Now Abby says that before she has the test, and learns if she is or isn't pregnant, she wants to decide what she will do if she is. And she mentions Europe, having a lot of friends there, and she could go before anyone realizes she is pregnant, EJ could marry Sami, go on their honeymoon, she would have the baby there, and then give it up for adoption, return home, with no one the wiser.

Dan comes onto the floor, his phone goes off, he looks. There is the pic of Jen & the hunks.

In Nicole's hotel room, the shredded paper lays across an ashtray, the phone rings. Nicole says hello to Eric, got his message loves him, too...she lights the paper, watching it burn...."more than anything"...as she watches it turning to ashes. .

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.
How true it is of Nicole she will be so entangled it will trap her in the end. I also got Dan entangled to believe her lies. How much longer do we have to endure of this story. Even Jen is spinning a web that will entangle her by accusing others (Theresa and Anne).

It's bad enough that the writers decided to change Nicole from being concerned about Eric to insecure and concerned only about herself without warning. Now her guilt has gone away because "Eric loves me and I love him" and she's willing to risk completely ruining her close friendship with Daniel in order to preserve the lie??? I am so heartbroken after this episode. I was really invested in New-Nicole, her friendship with Daniel and her budding romance with Eric. I really have to wonder, did Chyka somehow inject NICOLE with something while they were alone in the cabin? Because only that or Stefano replacing her with a lookalike can explain this sudden complete turnaround.

Nicole is busy digging her grave even deeper -- now she's told elaborate lies to the Love Doctor, one of her biggest supporters. Thanks writers. As for prissy Jen, it was certainly not a good day: first, the crude photos of her with the "hunks," then foolishly telling Brady to avoid Theresa (hasn't the word gotten out that warning Brady about a woman is counterproductive), and finally making more empty threats to the Milbauer-protected Theresa. Darling Jen would have been better advised to spend this time shopping for new spring sleeveless outfits and some negligee that will make the Love Doctor's ever-present stubble stand on end. Finally, what would Stefano say besides "rrrridiculous" to the suggestion that he, the greatest DiMera lover of all time, suffers from the dreaded ED"? Surely, the Phoenix would tell anyone who cares to listen that his bedroom exploits far exceed the accomplishments of Santo and EJ, not to mention such all-time greats as Casanova.

I have no sympathy for Nicole whatsoever. I've never been a big fan of the character but have always found her to be tolerable enough to watch. I have enjoyed watching her "transformation" over the past year as well. Not anymore. She is back to her old ways and Eric deserves better.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed him being a source of comfort for Jen. However, I would never want these 2 together--she could technically be Eric's mother!

I really hope this Liam storyline ends quickly. It's one thing to have an out of left field story like EJ and Abby but to have one with a brand new, unknown character just makes it more creepy and uninteresting.

I see no chemistry between Brady and Theresa other than 2 self-destructive people on a collision course. Completely unlike EJ and Abby.

EJ and Abby still have way more chemistry together than EJ and Sami ever had. Something tells me EJ will have no part of Abby moving to Europe.

The show carries itself quite nicely without Nick and Gabi.

Finally, what would Stefano say besides "rrrridiculous" to the suggestion that he, the greatest DiMera lover of all time, suffers from the dreaded ED"?

That entire speculation by Sami was ridiculous. Stefano has doctors on call that can wipe memories and implant brain chips to make victims his personal mercenaries. So it's completely believable that he'd have this discussion with EJ and then send him off the University Hospital to do some research on the matter. :rolleyes: This was just further proof that the Sami that has been onscreen the last 2 years is an ABSOLUTE IDIOT.

Nicole is busy digging her grave even deeper -- now she's told elaborate lies to the Love Doctor, one of her biggest supporters. Thanks writers. As for prissy Jen, it was certainly not a good day: first, the crude photos of her with the "hunks," then foolishly telling Brady to avoid Theresa (hasn't the word gotten out that warning Brady about a woman is counterproductive), and finally making more empty threats to the Milbauer-protected Theresa. Darling Jen would have been better advised to spend this time shopping for new spring sleeveless outfits and some negligee that will make the Love Doctor's ever-present stubble stand on end. Finally, what would Stefano say besides "rrrridiculous" to the suggestion that he, the greatest DiMera lover of all time, suffers from the dreaded ED"? Surely, the Phoenix would tell anyone who cares to listen that his bedroom exploits far exceed the accomplishments of Santo and EJ, not to mention such all-time greats as Casanova.

The Phoenix always rises!

When I first started watching in 1989, Jennifer was a grown woman already in love with Jack while Eric/Sami were still kids, likely younger than 10:confused:

Because she was SORAS'd in 1985 when Melissa Reeves started playing Jennifer (as a teenager in high school). The twins were born in 1984. When Jack and Jen first became interested in each other, she was only in her very early 20's.

Right now, I'd guess Jennifer is supposed to be in her mid 40's, while Sami and Eric are in their late 30's.

My thanks to COZITV for airing Days here in NY (via RCN), since NBC ran the parade.:clap:

While I don't approve of Nicole's deception at all, she sure created a believable story to explain the shredded documents. But how long will this deception upon another deception carry her? She is only making her situation worse, and I don't like where this is heading.

I'm sure Stefano would like to know that EJ is blabbing to Sami about his fake ED condition...but it was a clever excuse for the circumstances at the time.

Liam is sure to get more ammunition from an unsuspecting Anne, and I doubt he will ever want to be in cahoots with her to bring down Jennifer. I think he is a one-man show, not a team player.

With Liam cozying up to everyone, no one will be suspicious of him and ever think that he is behind the campaign to smear Jennifer, and that is exactly his plan. More's the pity that Jennifer didn't tell anyone about his weird behavior from the start.

You'd think Brady would wise up about women after what he has been through, but he seems to be throwing caution to the wind and falling into bad company with Theresa. Self destructive to the max.

Abigail's idea about what she would do if she were pregnant would be too convenient, letting EJ off the hook completely. Don't think it will ever happen. It's easier said than done, especially when she doesn't even know if she is pregnant at this time.

Hated Nicole burning the shredded paper...there is no turning back now.

The Brady Pub was all decked out for St. Patrick's Day, but none of the characters with Irish connections were wearing green. Caroline should get after Eric and Sami Brady and Theresa Donovan for failing to honor their Irish heritage. Another slacker was Liam, who despite his Irish given name failed to wear any green. Speaking of things Irish, if St. Patrick ever decided to drive all the snakes out of Salem, he'd have his work cut out for him.

Today's episode should be called Liars Are Us.

DrBakerFan I thought it was interesting the only place in Salem decorated
for today was the Brady pub.. I wonder if it will be tomorrow.

Eric had to tell Liam about the dinner that evening. I bet Liam
is going to do something bad

I think NIcole finally dug that hole so deep she can't get out now :(
I can't believe she told Daniel she thought Stefano sent the paper
to her. I can't believe Daniel hasn't figured out when she's lying to him yet.

Line of the day goes to Theresa after Brady gave her that purse
She said "I'll take care of this baby better than Sami does her kids" :)

I doubt EJ will let Abby run off to Europe with his child... unless that's HIS decision!
Brady : another glass of :wine:... pathetic - he should have had a beer for St. Patrick's Day :rotfl:
Hate, hate, hate Nicole's actions.
Pretty good show anyways.

Back