Days of Our Lives - Mon., March 24, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 24, 2014

Sami comes downstairs to find EJ busy at the computer. She wonders why he got out of bed so quietly, yada yada, as they talk of their nice date, being up nearly all night, missing have a morning recaps, and doing a bit of necking. But EJ has lots of work to do. Sami starts in about Kate being there the night before with Stefano, and goes off on one of her non-stop babbles about Stefano, the erectile function meds, needing them for Kate, blah, blah. EJ shuts her up at last, says it is none of their business, but he doubts Kate would get involved with Stefano again. However, Sami decides to go talk to Kate about this, and coerces EJ into talking to Gabi about Nick.
Meanwhile Kate sits withLucas, having breakfast, as he gives her a hard time about her search to get something on Jordan. This causes Ben's ears to perk up, Kate is denying, Lucas is berating, Kate insisting she only doesn't want Rafe to get hurt, but Lucas isn't buying it. Kate babbles about all of Jordan's I.D.s, hiding something, blah, blah. In comes Sami, asking Kate what did she think she was doing last night. Lucas has a meeting and leaves.
Now Sami lights into Kate for getting involved with Stefano again, Kate assures her she is not, tells of promising Chad to have one meal with Stefano, so she did. But she doesn't intend to get involved with him ever again. Sami comments that she is glad Kate learned her lesson, Kate replies that SHE did, but then she is not the one living in DiMansion, nor about to marry a DiMera she tried to murder. Sami just smiles, they go back and forth a bit, and Sami slips up, saying she actually likes Kate. She tries to withdraw it, Funny exchange as Kate feels the same, but neither want to admit it, and laughingly call themselves frenenemies. Kate leaves, commenting that no one has to worry about her, but they both have to worry about Gabi.

Nick is sitting in the square, jabbering about business with Sheryl, Jordan happens by, Sheryl introduces them, but Jordan already met Nick, who used to be married to Rafe's sister. Sheryl is glad Jordan is staying in town, Jordan leaves. Nosy Nick questions Sheryl innocently supposedly, learning that they knew each other back in Birmingham. What a co-incidence that they ran into each other again here in Salem. Lucas arrives, wants to talk to Sheryl privately, Nick pretends to take off, but eavesdrops, as Lucas warns Sheryl not to meet with Nick again. He only says Nick is a chemist, and not familiar or understanding of marketing designs and strategies. LUcas leaves, Nick returns, has to go.
And now he runs into Kate, telling her that he knows all about her bringing Sheryl to Salem because of Jordan, and to not interfere with him & Gabi.

Brady is remembering something Maggie said to him, and goes downstairs, very contrite, apologizing to Maggie for his behavior, talking of facing his problems, but not exactly sure how he will do it. Meanwhile, Theresa is waiting for Brady to show up at the hospital, when John shows up instead. He wants to talk to her, they are at the Pub, having coffee, cards on the table. John mentions Basic Black needing good workers, and no, not entry level office work, talks of locations in Europe. Theresa is interested, until she spots Brady coming in, then says to John it sounds like you just want to get me out of the country and away from your son. Brady says, what the hell do you think you are doing, as John turns around to face him.

Rafe is at Gabi's where she is trying to tell him about being involved again with Nick. Before she can do so, he is saying he hopes she remembers how Nick blackmailed Will, how he wormed his way into Gabi's orbit again. Gabi is all with that he has changed bit, Rafe tries to tells her he has not, he is a cop, and has dealt with many like him. GAbi refuses to let Nick be called an ex-con, he is a Horton, she is an adult, can make up her own mind, and if Rafe is not going to say anything nice, he can just leave. And Rafe does just that. Gabi is surprised, but Rafe tells her that he cannot say anything nice, he feels Nick is up to no good, and since Gabi doesn't want to hear what Rafe has to say, he is leaving. Her face falls, she evidently did not expect him to do this.

Jordan comes into the club, Ben cannot wait to tell her about this woman and man who were talking about her. She is asking questions, he says "not here", takes his break, and goes off with her. Sami sees all this, and just a bit later, runs into Rafe, who is looking for Jordan. Sami tells of her leaving with the guy from the bar, and which way they went. Rafe goes off. Ben is telling Jordan all about the woman and the man, and what they were saying. Jordan asks who they were, he doesn't know. She was older, had a blue streak in her hair, he was younger, in a suit. Jordan realizes it was Kate, is not too worried, sort of laughing it off. But Ben grabs her arm, saying this is serious. They were talking about you. She is telling him to stop, to let her go, and along comes Rafe, pulling Ben away, saying to leave her alone, and then punching Ben in the face (either jaw or nose, Ben covered that area with his hand).

Gabi is folding baby clothes, gets a text from Nick, he had a good time last night. She texts back she did, too. He says, see you soon. Knock, knock. Boy that was fast, she opens the door, only it is EJ standing there, has pictures from the shoot. He could have e-mailed them. Nope, they don't do fax or e-mail on anything that could be digitally reproduced. Gabi realizes this is just an excuse, figures Sami sent him over - Plan B. Nope, he is Plan A. He comes in, talks about Nick and things he did, and knows he said he changed. He talks of honesty, mistakes, and says something how he thought he had changed, always told Sami that he had, thought he had himself. But there was big touble and though they managed to survive it all, it still was a problem. (I HATE these cryptic conversations). He tells Gabi that she knows what Nick has done in the past, knows it all. But she doesn't "know" anything right now. All of it is just Nick talking. So be very careful. Outside the door, Nick is listening to every word.

It's a good thing that Sami doesn't work in the U.S. State Department. With her diplomatic skills, we'd be on the outs with half the countries in the world. Why did she think that Kate of all people needed to be warned about getting involved with Stefano again or that she, the main squeeze of EJ, was the person to carry such a message? At least she didn't speculate to Ms. Blue Chunk that Stefano needs Liam's ED meds because of her. That thought would have sent a horrified Ms. Blue Chunk right through the roof. As for Tricky Nicky, the man seems to be lurking in every corner, eavesdropping on conversations. However, the Trickster better watch his step with Gabi even though she foolishly thinks that he's "changed." The mighty Rafe is back, he's bad, and when push comes to shove, he's always ready to defend the women in his life (ask Ben).

Thank you, Poirot.

I love that Kate and Sami finally realize that they actually like each other enough to care that the other could be hurt by the Dimeras. These two ladies would be a force to reckon with if they quit their snarkiness and nastiness to each other.

Rafe actually mentions being a policeman? WOOHOOHOO He's smarter than all of the rest of Salem PD put together. I hope they don't dumb him down any more than they already have over Jordan.

I really hate Nick, and wish this character was gone from the show.

Gabi has less brains than the paperweight on my desk.

Theresa and Brady = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jordan and Ben = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Was glad to see Rafe today warning his sister about Nick. However, Gabi did tell the truth to a degree, when she told Rafe she knows more about Nick than he knows about Jordan. Like the saying goes love is blind and I believe Gabi is falling again for Nick.

Can't wait until tomorrow. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

And what was with Friday's cliff hanger with Liam spying on Dan and Jennifer? That was not even replayed today. DAYS could have had a better cliff hanger.

I heard there was a scene cut from today's show in which Kate and Sami went to HTS and bought matching T-shirts that said: :sarcasm:

th

(for those not aware, that's a picture of actress Sally Field accepting her Oscar award many years ago; she said "you like me... you really like me" and it's been spoofed ever since)

There were a couple of things that made Rafe pop Ben in the nose….One is Gabi acting like Rafe’s ex wife with the “he has changed speech”, Rafe is upset that he couldn't talk any sense into Gabi, I’m glad Rafe walked out on Gabi just to show her he isn’t buying what she is selling, and the other thing is Ben grabbing Jordan’s arm, after all Rafe is Salem’s knight on a white horse! Gabi and Sami are both in for a REALLY BIG SURPRISE!

I thought the show was boring overall. I'm sad that John Black is really serving in a supporting role right now. He is basically meddling in Brady's life the way Marlena is meddling in Eric's. They can't even air him in a full episode. He came on air at 1:12 and then left at 1:48 with little time in between.

I am convinced that Sami and Jennifer have the same wardrobe shopper because they keep wearing the same dresses in different colors. And what the heck was Kate wearing today??? I like how it suddenly seems to be Spring in Salem with all the bright colors and lighter jackets.:)

Enjoyed the brief Sami/Rafe scene and hope to see more

Can Mad World please get an office instead of taking over every dining establishment in Salem???

Jordan/Ben and EJ/Sami and Brady/Theresa: More rinse and repeat

Good for Gabi turning the argument back to Jordan. Her point was valid though she is still an idiot.

I really don't see much of a purpose for Sheryl unless she is harboring more secrets than have already been revealed.

Forgot to add--I think the only benefit to Nick now getting involved with the Kate/Jordan storyline is that we may finally see some progress! I totally believe Gabi's comment to Rafe was foreshadowing.

I was on vacation last week.... took a Spring Break trip to New York City (thank you for the weekly updates I was able to keep up)...... Now I know that NYC is a real city and isn't in the mythical location of Salem but I was very happy to have my only heavy coat with me as it did not get above 50.... and sitting outside working/chatting would not have been something I would have enjoyed..... but I must say I did enjoy the springlike colors on the clothing....

For an episode with not much happening, I thought today's was pretty entertaining. Lots of different conversations mixing and matching people (Nick/Lucas/Sheryl, Gabi/EJ, Rafe/Sami). Best was Kate & Sami -- I hope Alison Sweeney's fairwell tour gives us lots of these. We are really going to miss this particular pairing when Sami's gone!

It's refreshing to see Kate and Sami just agree to disagree and co-exist. They really have no choice, the Nick incident is forcing them to bond, they must play on the same team now and put up a united front.

Lucas was so dictatorial with Sheryl, I thought she was going to burst into tears. She had never been warned about Nick, so there was no reason for her to avoid him. Perhaps she should have been told not to interact with him to prevent potential issues. Had to laugh at her calling him "Mr. Fallon."

Brady has apologized for his behavior before, why should Maggie believe him now? It is always temporary. Just because he has been abstaining from alcohol for a short period of time does not mean he is fine with being sober. He is not being authentic, and if he truly wanted to change his life for the better, he would stay away from Theresa. His behavior at the Pub with John was just plain nasty. I really thought, however, that Theresa cares so much about money, she would go to Europe with the promise of a glam life over staying in Salem trying to get what she can from Brady.

Good for Rafe, standing his ground about Nick. And he doesn't even know the half of it. Gabi needs to listen to her brother, among others, but she thinks she knows Nick best and that he is the changed man he claims to be. Right.:rolleyes:

Sami needs to mind her own business. Running after Jordan and Ben was so wrong. In her mind, Jordan was cheating on Rafe, and she wanted him to see them together. Why can't she just move on with EJ and let it be?

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

Darn, Brady had to come in the pub when John was talking to
Theresa.. I was hoping she was going to take John's offer and leave town.

Fun conversation with Kate and Sami. They like each other.

Rafe is really upset with Gabi. I think the main reason Ben got hit.

I miss seeing Tad since Ben is now working at TBD.

I really thought, however, that Theresa cares so much about money, she would go to Europe with the promise of a glam life over staying in Salem trying to get what she can from Brady.
Maybe she has the attitude of "why work for money" when she can have access to all of Brady's, without the rigors of a job and career, if she lands him.

Ok, so when did Brady start living at the Kmansion again?? I thought he had a corporate suite??

Back