Days of Our Lives - Mon., March 31, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 31, 2014

Outside of the bachelor party that Tad throws for Sonny & Will, everything else seems a repeat of previous conversations, & the show moves at a snail's pace. Nicole is surprised by Liam, as she looks for matches to burn the shredded paper she just tossed into a trash can. A rather inoccuous conversation, wherein he is persistent until she tells him her name (he recognizes her from TV) while she lies to explain why she is there. Wanted to text, pulled off the road. He claims "rest area" convenient stop. They part ways, she returns later with matches and sets the trash to burn. Eric calls, she lies about where she is, promising to meet him shortly at the Pub.

Daniel & Jen talk in his office, she thinks Nicole was lying about where she was going, but that was o.k. That is just who Nicole is, lies come easily to her. She & Daniel joke around, then go home as Joanna was bringing Parker back. At his place, more joking around about taking Parker for ice cream, and his obsession with immediately adding the check he just wrote to Joanna to his computer accounting program. (zzzzzzzz). They leave to get ice cream, Liam has arrived to try the key Theresa gave him. It works, he turns on the light, wanders around the living room, gazes at the computer for a few seconds, but doesn't touch it. Looks at a framed montage of photos of Dan & Jen, makes sure he wipes of the few thing he touches with a hankie, then leaves, turns out the lights, locking the door, and even wiping the door handle.

Hope & Aiden have this awkward conversation about her negative comments to Kayla about him. Eric arrives, Aiden leaves, Hope tells Eric he has to come down to the station to sign his statement about Chyka, etc. They are closing the case. He talks of putting it finally all behind him. He leaves, calls Nicole. Daniel, Jen & Parker are having icecream on a bench, laughing, Hope comes along, she & "Cuz" talk of the wedding tomorrow. Daniel cannot go, early surgery, so Hope & Jennifer laugh, tease and talk of dancing together, the Marengo or the Macarena or both. Liam is nearby, spying and listening.

Now Hope is outside the Pub when Aiden is coming out. She waits for him, they had not finished their conversation. She apologizes to him for talking about him like that to Kayla, but he tells her he is grateful, as a matter of fact. He did not mind, and he really is not ready or wanting a relationship with anyone. Hope is contrite, figures both he & Chase must miss his wife very much. She notes Aiden never told Hope the wife's name, and Aiden agrees, he never did. Then has to go pick up Chase, and leaves.

Nicole meets Eric in the Pub, claims again she was doing something for work, but he had called her office, and she was thru for the day hours ago. Now Nicole easily says true, and the reason she did not want to tell him was it is a surprise! O.K. now he talks of the wedding tomorrow, but Nicole has to work. He knows that, but wants her to sign the card that goes with the gift. She gets a bit giddy, how great, and a wedding. And speaking of weddings....Eric flashes to telling Daniel about being unable to marry Nicole, but she gets a call from her boss, has to leave, a quick kiss, she runs out.

Gabi is in a hurry, bumps into Nick, they sit and talk, & he does his whole "feel sorry for me, you are so beautiful" number on her, all nice, talking of their wedding, and being nervous she might not show up.She has to go...is sorry he can't be there with her.

Sonny & Will are at their apt. getting ready, sharing a few kisses, talking of their big day tomorrow. Over at the club, which is a bit darkened, Tad talks to those there, commenting on having hired a stripped, and he will bring his own music, etc. JJ & Abby arrive, with the group thinking it is Sonny & Will, and shouting "Congratulations". LOL, but then Will &Sonny do arrive, greet everyone, thanking them all for coming, etc. Tad makes a most heartfelt toast, talking of how he acted and things he said when Will came out, how stupid he was back then, mentions something Victor had told him, accuses himself of it all, and how happy and grateful he is that Will forgave him, got past it, and that Tad not only still has the best friend he ever had, but another as well. Hugs all around.
A lady cop arrives looking for Sonny Kiriakis, mentioning violations at the club. He insists they break no rules, no underage drinking, etc. She tells him it isn't that, it is public nudity...Sonny falls back into a chair, as she takes off the police cap, blond curly hair cascades out around her face, the shirt is unbuttoned, and she beings gyrating around in front of a smiling Sonny. Will is on the side, laughing. Tad is telling JJ it was supposed to be a male.
Everyone is laughing, Will comes round, she thinks he is the best man, and begins a "dirty dancing" thing with him, Sonny is laughing, then tells her Will is not the best man, he is the groom. Oops, she thought Sonny was, that was the name she was given. Oh, he is, too. LOL, as she really does an oops, grabs her hat & shirt, saying it is all on her. Sonny says and the drinks are on us, pouring her one.
Gabi is getting texts from Nick, wishing he was there. JJ sees Paige come in, she has a study group, library closes early on Mondays, and good coffee here. But looks like a private party. Yep, his cousin is getting married. A friend of Paige's comes in, notes the private gig, says they should go somewhere else, and they leave.

The stripper says to the guys that it used to be that all the good men were either gay, or married. Now they are gay AND married. They all toast. The scene ends on a closeup of just Will & Sonny, they kiss.

Many of Salem's leading residents appear to be stuck in a Groundhog Day cycle: more lying by Nicole, skulking by sicko Liam, blather between darling Jen and the Love Doctor, and conversations between Hope and judgmental Aiden. Speaking of Liam, what was the brat girl thinking when he gave him the key to Super Jonas's apartment? (Yes, we know Theresa rarely thinks.) Anything nefarious he does there will certainly be blamed on her, meaning more angry confrontations with the miracle doctor and Ms. Sleeveless, along with more threats of being shipped forthwith back to LA. Finally, if the lady cop at the Will-Sonny festivities had been actually a member of the Salem P.D., her performance would have been the most notable event in the entire history of this shabby excuse for a police force.

The bachelor party was great. It was a good thing the stripper got dressed before Paige accidentally wandered in there. I don't know what she would have thought of JJ staring at the stripper like that. and we might have had yet another misunderstanding between the two of them. It seems Paige is also only friends with girls who look at JJ like they wish they could make him disappear, which could be a problem later on. I loved T's toast and the party in general. The look on JJ's face when the stripper first came in and was pretending to be a cop was priceless, as was the look on Abby's face when the stripper started stripping.

Can't Liam and Nick move out of town and terrorize some other people??? Gabi is the stupidest character currently on canvas in my opinion, and she shouldn't have been texting Nick during the party.

Daniel needs to put an alarm system in his budget for once and for all. Liam is, what, the fifth person who's broken in in the last year?

Speaking of which, I like Jen better than before but who doesn't keep track of their money? The way she's written right now, I'm shocked she ever caught Theresa embezzling. Come on writers, don't dumb Jen down like this.

I'm having a hard time accepting that Eric thinks all is good because he has Nicole while he secretly has decided he can't marry her because of the church's attitude towards her. He's just as bad, if not worse, than Nicole and her shreds until he tells her.

I thought Liam was going to steal the shreds also. He doesn't seem to know how to do anything but follow Jen around. He didn't seem to do much of anything once he broke into Daniel's apartment.:confused: That last scene where he was spying on Jen and Hope was also weird. I felt like he thought Jen was having an affair with Hope.

Not much to comment on today. Another boring, repetitive day in Salem.

The stripper was funny, especially Abby's reactions to her.

I wonder if there was a reason for Aiden not sharing his wife's name. Perhaps she is someone connected to Salem already. I still think one of the teens is going to turn out to be his kid as well.

I haven't figured out what Liam's plans are yet but it's interesting how he is suddenly involved with multiple characters. One of the ways stalkers get to their prey is by getting in good with those close to them. However, in this case, Liam is clearly not doing that. He just seems to be following random people associated with Jennifer.

No bank account will stay open that long on a computer. Heck my bank account times out in less than 2 minutes if I'm idle. As silly as that conversation seemed, that's they type of conversation I'd prefer to see Jennifer and Daniel having instead of talking about Nicole or Theresa all the time. They can get a lot of storyline potential out of these 2 being married and blending their 4 children together. Reminded me a lot of Sami and Rafe and the conversations they used to have about money and everyday things.

I don't think Abby had a thing about lady strippers. I think she was just surprised a female stripper was brought in a for a gay male bachelor party.

Engaged male seemed to have no problem disrobing and getting in the shower either.

Can't Liam and Nick move out of town and terrorize some other people??? Gabi is the stupidest character currently on canvas in my opinion, and she shouldn't have been texting Nick during the party.
Why should Liam and Nick leave Salem, when their "victims" are so clueless? Anywhere else, Nick would be a dateless dork and Liam's pathetic life would be limited to pushing ED pills to the over-the-hill gang. As for Gabi, she may actually be the stupidest character in the history of Salem: she's so dense that she actually wishes that Tricky Nicky was at the big party. What a scene that would have been. The very sight of the Trickster would have given Will and Sonny a bad case of indigestion even if he refrained from his smarmy "let's-be-friends" routine or the making of veiled threats. If Nicky had gotten out of line, things could have ended with T tossing him out the club's front door as everyone applauds except Gabi, who frantically tries to assist her odious friend.

The bachelor party was entertaining. I enjoyed Tad's speech too.

Interesting park Nicole was at. It had separate container to recycle.

Very upset Nicole burned the evidence.

Interesting to see Liam wipe his fingerprints. Darn.

No bank account will stay open that long on a computer. Heck my bank account times out in less than 2 minutes if I'm idle. As silly as that conversation seemed, that's they type of conversation I'd prefer to see Jennifer and Daniel having instead of talking about Nicole or Theresa all the time. They can get a lot of storyline potential out of these 2 being married and blending their 4 children together. Reminded me a lot of Sami and Rafe and the conversations they used to have about money and everyday things.
I wasn't sure if that was actually Daniel's bank account. It looked like an Excel or similar spreadsheet where he tracks his checks, since he had to put them in manually. In any case I assume Liam's trick will have to do with finances, but I'm not sure what it will be since he just wandered around the apartment seemingly doing nothing
Why should Liam and Nick leave Salem, when their "victims" are so clueless? Anywhere else, Nick would be a dateless dork and Liam's pathetic life would be limited to pushing ED pills to the over-the-hill gang?
To preserve viewer sanity (or their fast forward buttons.)

Liam MUST have rescued at least some of the shreds.

I thought it was supposed to be a BACHELOR party, meaning, no women.

TBTB could could offer the stripper a contract...

Or men at a bridal shower? No law broken; tradition only. My lonely, single, vote would be "no."

Times are changing.... no reason that ladies can't attend a bachelor party or a man can't be at a bridal shower (most would rather poke their eyes out, I suppose, but still, no reason they can't attend).

Women now have best male buddies (or their brother, male cousin, etc.) as the "Man of Honor" instead of a "Maid of Honor"; and I've seen men with best female buds (or their sister, female cousin, etc.) stand up as their "Best Woman", instead of "Best Man".

A friend of mine recently got married and had her brother as her "Man of Honor".

I suspect that women first began attending the formerly stag parties in order to act as chaperones. If it's going to be coed, I would consider it just a "party." It would be interesting to research the custom historically, and geographically.

Back