Days of Our Lives - Mon. May 16, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, May 16, 2016

Aiden is visiting Andre in the jail, wants to know why he is grinning, Andre claims he gets so few visitors, this is a pleasure. Aiden demands to know why Andre kept him in that hole for 6 mos., Andre says better that hole, than a bullet in you and 6 ft. under. Why keep me alive? Andre is talking of having the backup plan (lookalike) who was to collect the insurance, and thus failed at the job. They had a lot invested in this plan. Andre never does say why keep Aiden alive and for so long, except that Hope murdered his father, framed him, he will prove it, but needs a good attorney to get him off. He says if Aiden does this, he will back up all of Aiden's story, but Aiden refuses, and leaves. Andre, now alone, grins. He will be back.

At the commune, Joey & Jade are cleaning up some area, with Joey saying the other residents are all pigs. Some guy named Dirk comes along, trying to put the moves on Jade who seems receptive. Joey tells the fellow to take hands off his girlfriend, Dirk makes a couple smart cracks, goes away, Joey questions Jade who seems to like being called his girlfriend, but wonders what is up with him. Joey talks of coming out there, all that way with her, but Dirk returns, saying it is time to rummage up dinner. Come along, chop, chop. Later, they are returning, Joey has turned white, from conversation, they evidently held up someone, Joey is upset, not wanting to go to prison for a robbery he knew nothing about. Jade starts in sexily telling him how turned on he made her during it all, reminding her of when they first made love, and wanting to go to a private area, where they can be alone. We leave them.

Steve is packing up a few things, calls Kayla, won't leave for L.A. until he knows she is o.k. She claims she is, just go find Joey. He says he got a friend to fly him out there, and guess what,? That magic carpet plane gets Steve to L.A. in the blink of an eye, (unless Scotty got the teleporter working again, with Mr. Spock's help). Andl there is Steve in his friend's office. Guess the guy had been in the ISA as well, was now a private eye, Hawaiian shirt & all. (Seems Rockford used to dress that way, lol) Steve tells lhim his son is missing, took his bike, headed to L.A. with this pretty dark haired girl named Jade Michaels. O.K. he will call a few people, see what turns up.

Chad is sitting at his desk, seemingly working, but really not. Ciara comes in, is taking Thomas to park, Daddy should come along, Chad refuses, too much work to do reorganizing DiMera Enterprises. She leaves. He paces, frustrated. She is in the park, runs into Aiden, who tells her he really is Aiden, DNA has proved it, ask her mom. He proclaims his love for Hope, wants Ciara to help him with her mom. No way, not after what Chase did. Aiden has heard, is reluctant to believe Chase did such a thing, but Ciara is very firm as she discounts any excuses Aiden tries to make, no, not a mistake, no he kept after me, despite me saying no, etc. etc. Aiden is pretty shaken by this.

At home, Chad is sitting on the sofa, Abby comes in, she is back, for good. The only place she can really get better is there, with Chad & Thomas. They kiss, Chad is so happy, Thomas is crying, Abby goes to see to him. Chad is alone, he smiles, Thomas is still crying, in comes Ciara with him. (Yes, Abby was a fantasy). She tells Chad about running into Aiden, all that he said, about not believing Chase had raped her. Chad says he doesn't understand that people do change, sometimes permanently.

Earlier, Hope & Rafe are in park, she is telling him she really doesn't know how she feels. For so long she thought him dead, but she HAD fallen in love with him, which was huge for her. Had married him. Rafe is very understanding, tells her he knows she needs time, that is fine, she has to sort things out, etc. She kisses him, says she likes kissing him, and right now everything is just turned upside down. Rafe is fine with it all, one last quick kiss, he leaves.

He now runs into Aiden, right after Ciara left. Aiden is barely coping here, loves Hope with all his heart, cannot believe what Chase is said to have done. Rafe says, in no uncertain terms, that Chase raped Ciara, and is going to prison.

At the hospital, John sits with Paul who is getting worse, John refusing to leave him, so Marlena, (in hazmat suit) refuses to leave John. Gabi comes to visit JJ, who also seems to be getting sicker, Everyone's fever seems to spike up, go down a bit, spike up again. Fynn is working in the lab. seems Ari developed anti bodies and is getting way better, so they have to learn how, so others can do the same. Talking to CDC, they find there was an outbreak like this in China several years ago, but nothing more, til now, and this is a mutation. Well, a serum is developed, 3 doses are being rushed to Salem hospital, with 3 more in a couple hours more. There is talk...Ari gets first shot, Paul who is sickest, the next, and then JJ, who hears this and refuses, insisting Gabi get it, as ARi needs her mother.

Paul's oxygen levels drop, but a kink in his oxygen hose is righted by Kayla. The first doses arrive, Ari gets hers, Paul is next, and the nurse comes to give Gabi hers as JJ watches (she & JJ in same room). Gabi has gotten worse, though she had been walking around.

Hope comes home, is going thru her mail, goes to put it in a drawer, spots one of the wedding invitations, sits and looks, remembers when Aiden proposed. Knock, knock, it is Aiden, Hope is not too happy, but he has a video he starts playing for her, of when they first danced. The waltz at the art auction, where they first realized their feelings for each other. Hope stares at it, he shuts it off, begs Hope to tell him what he has to do to have her be in love with him again.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot.

Umm, is this a sweeps period? I'm only asking because it seems that the hype for this load of junk was way over the top considering what we're actually getting. The only character even remotely interesting to me at the moment is JJ. He's being written as a much more mature and wiser young man, and I like how the actor is portraying him.

There are no words. What was the point of the virus storyline? No one important died and it didn't move anything forward.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I don't think JJ will die but I wonder if he will get worse now that Gabi is getting the serum instead of him.

Glad Rafe finally got to the hospital. I was laughing when John gave Fynn verbal consent to give Paul the serum. Are a clipboard and pen too expensive for the show?

Why is Shawn not involved in the Hope-Aiden story? He should be furious given that he didn't like Aiden initially. For that matter, we also saw him appear a bit apprehensive about Hope and Rafe a couple weeks ago. WHY ARE WE NOT SEEING HIM????
And I'm a bit confused why Chad knows intimate details of Ciara's life yet we haven't had a scene with her and her brother since November. :angry:

I think spoilers made the "death" seem more important than it was to the viewers. I think they mentioned the model on the shoot had died, then the photographer so it was everyone involved in the shoot, plus those they had been in close contact with, and then they realized Paul was the carrier. So.....this is where Salemites would be all concerned, etc.

O.K. Sorry I confused everyone. Yes, I meant Magnum...Tom Selleck played him. (Rockford was James Garner) And the man in the Hawaiian shirt was named Carl.

I cannot tell you how many times I get interrupted now when writing the summary, so ...forgive me!

And remember the spoiler about how someone would die that would devastate many Salemites??
Perhaps, Salemites were more attached to the never-named model than viewers knew. As for the hapless Aiden, he should have known better than to ask Andre, "what's the matter with you?" He did bounce back rather well with: "You have a better chance at being canonized than me ever working for you again." Out in sunny California, viewers learned why hard-hearted Hal had pulled the plug on Jade. Good grief, this one actually thinks that armed robbery is "a rush." Somebody should remind her what happened to John Dillinger and Bonnie and Clyde. If poor Kayla knew the truth about Joey's true love, she'd be so distraught that she'd lose the strength to battle the Yo-Daddy flu.

I know I complained a lot last year about the snails pace of some stories (cough elephant cough) but this is ridiculous. How can we have a brand new mutation of a rare virus cured in what, 3 episodes? Is it even a new day in Salem yet?

Watching now. Steve made the reference to his friend's Hawaiian shirt, saying "Dude, what's with the Jimmy Buffett look?"

Poirot, you have amazed me over the years watching and typing at the same time! I don't know how you do it! Honestly, the only reason I caught this line was because I am a "parrothead" (the name for fans of Jimmy Buffett).

I don't really remember but I assume there was a few months between Aiden proposing and when "he" tried to kill Hope. Why is Hope not at all disturbed by the fact that she would have slept with the fake Aiden? I know he's lying so she never did but she doesn't know that. I would think it would disturb her.

I do love how they are talking about the fake Rafe. See, in Salem not such a far fetched story. I can understand Aiden not being able to understand how Chase raped Ciara. I worry what the writers may do. When they keep showing us flashbacks of the assault it seems they keep showing a little more. I worry that they are going to change it from a rape to a seduction ala Luke and Laura (General Hospital). I certainly hope they don't, well actually I wish they'd never done it in the first place, but they did so they have to live with it now. I am curious what is going to happen with Chase now that Aiden is back.

The virus does seem kind of pointless. Of course it's not over yet so they could still devastate us with a death.

Glad Joey is realizing he is in way over his head! Jade certainly is trouble. Hope he calls Steve or Kayla.

I would like to ask the writers to look deep into their hearts and ask themselves "Is this thing we're planting between Chad and Ciara really what our loyal audience who've stuck with us through thick and thin, some of them the entire fifty years really want?" If they spend time in mediation, prayer etc and decide that the answer to that is "Yes this indeed is what our audience wants" then I suggest they immediately request some sick leave and check into the hospital Abigail is in because those fools are crazy!!

Seriously if this ends up nothing more then a one-sided crush on Ciara's part then fine. But if it looks it they are really going to take it somewhere then I'm just going to have it ignore it like I eventually did with last year's "Elephant Epic." And as a huge fan of both Chad as a character and Billy Flynn (Chad) as an actor I really don't want to ignore anything he does. But if I have to I will by golly!!!

I see a lot of people scratching their heads over the point of this virus storyline. I pretty much agree but I do see one relationship solidifying over this, of course I'm talking about what I'm starting think of not only as the couple of not only the Millennium but dare I say of the eon- JJ and Gabi.

I say this especially after today's episode when JJ so selflessly and nobly refused to take the serum before Gabi did. I swear it's almost enough to make a person swoon. *sigh*

Will Steve find Joey has quickly as he got to LA? I hope he does before Joey
does another crime.

Are we supposed to be thinking of the Manson family where Joey and Jade are?
Did that family rob people
besides doing the killing spree?

Interesting to learn Arianna's blood was used to make the serum. Does this
mean she saved the day :)

Poor JJ, he's having hot flashes, oops temperature surges LOL
It was wonderful of JJ to let Gabi get the medicine before he did.

Nice scenes with John and Marlena by Paul's bedside.

Back