Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 9, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, May 9, 2016

Wow, terrific episode, as Daniel Cosgrove, as Aiden, taken center stage, and is 90% of the show all by himself. And we find out what happened via flashback storytelling, with long scenes. Wonderful.
Replay of Aiden walking in, Hope dropping the phone and saying NO! And we go to 6 mos. ago, Hope & Aiden are getting married, then are in bed. He gets up to get her surprise from the car, and then is dressed all in black, down in the darkened living room. He pulls of the hood, mutter I cannot do this, and opens the door to go back out. But an exact lookalike stands there, grinning at him. What the hell?? He takes a step back, the dopple ganger steps inside, with Aiden taking steps back, and out of the shadows comes Andre', plunging a needle in Aiden's neck, saying I knew you would be too weak to do it.
The clone helps Andre' carry Aiden to the trunk of a car, Andre closes the trunk, saying don't worry, we will take good care of Hope, and will take good care of you, too. The clone goes upstairs.

Aiden wakes up in a huge, huge sort of cage. One wall is solid, the other 3 are chain link, very tall. He is yelling, hollaring, And from a duct pours some sort of smoke or gas that knocks him out. He comes to, there is a bed there now, a tray of food. He won't eat it, yells he is on a hunger strike. Smoke pours again. When he comes to, he finds a dead parrot, wonders how it died, was it the gas. He decides to drink the water, eat something. A video begins to play, showing Hope unconscious. Aiden is crying, screaming, No, I love her, I would not kill her. The smoke pours again. When he comes to this time, he finds 3 notebooks, and wonders what he is supposed to do with them, write a novel?

Aiden constantly talks to himself, though he keeps that dead bird, and talks to it. We see him at various times, his beard is growing, he has begun to write in the notebooks, noting everything he has eaten every single day. When it is 115 days, he is talking more, wondering why they are keeping him alive, what happened to the clone, worried about Chase. Suddenly a newscaster's voice talking of Chase Jennings being charged with the brutal rape of a girl. Aiden doesn't believe it, Chase is good, kind, gentle. He gets really upset, realizing that Chase must think he killed Hope, doesn't know it wasn't him. It must have changed Chase. More time goes by, Aiden is telling the bird how he practices holding his breath. He doesn't know how long the smoke goes on, but he is getting better holding his breath.

The smoke begins again, he tells his bird friend, this is it. Here we go, lays on the bed, as he takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and is still. A guard arrives, opens the gate, brings in a tray of food, sets it down, turns to leave. Aiden is up in a flash, jumps on the guy's back, arm around his neck choking him. The guard is grunting, trying to shake Aiden off, to no avail. He goes limp, Aiden looks at the open gate. Takes that dead bird and is out of there.

It is a week later, Aiden is in a bathroom, scissors on the sink, he has shaved off the beard, cut his hair, I guess. He looks at his reflection in the mirror, have not seen you in such a long time. He is talking about the clone, wondering if he is still posing as Aiden, where is he, long gone, still hangin' around? He tells the dead parrot that he guesses that from on he (Aiden) has to fly solo, sets the bird tenderly on a shelf, puts on a cap, and is out of there. He jumps a fence, hitches a ride (he is on Rte. 69).

And then it is 2 hrs. ago, he is at Hope's front door, looking inside, wondering if Ciara is still there, he rattles the door handle, somehow manages to get inside. He is overwhelmed as he looks and walks around. He takes a double photo frame from the mantle, looks at the pics, puts in back. He is just wandering and goes upstairs.

And then it is Rafe & Hope at the door, saying goodnight. A replay of that whole scene &conversation. She goes inside, has changed clothes, gets the message from Ciara. Aiden appears, says her name, she drops the phone. He says he did not mean to startle her, or scare her, she is saying no, no, you are dead, stay away. He is trying to say no, that wasn't him, she screams, pushing him away, whipping out her gun. She has the phone, calls 911, he is pleading not to call police, trying to explain, she doesn't want to hear a word, keeps telling him to shut up, has him sit down. Police arrive, she opens the door, still holding the gun on Aiden, cops come in with pointed guns as well. They cuff Aiden, she tells them to video them reading him his rights down at the station, right after telling Aiden he has the right to remain silent, and she advises him to do so.

The cops leave with Aiden, Hope puts down her gun, nearly collapsing with a sob.

The various segments have titles....starting with 2 hrs. ago - The Good Night Kiss, then 6 mos. ago, The Wedding, then , The Cell, Part 1,; then 2 mos. ago, The Cell, Part 2, then 3 weeks ago - The Escape, then 1 week ago, The Road Home. and Finally, The goodnight kiss, Part 2. Good show, really!

Last edited:
I will wait patiently while I work to read the summary. :)
Thanks for always posting for us. Goodness knows I'm 11 episodes behind for actually watching. I managed to get through 4 on Saturday.

Now that Aiden is back from the dead, who was only one of the newer characters, I hope they bring back Will from the dead, who was a legacy character. We now know they can write any reason for bringing back dead people even though Ken Corday said after September 2015 they will remain dead. Corday cannot be trusted.

I wanted to comment on the direction Aiden's story has taken.

Aiden changed his mind at the last minute and decided not to kill Hope, but that does not change the fact he still planned to do so. How can he be trusted to not cause Hope, or any female, harm in the future? He still illegally changed the beneficiary on Hope's life insurance, which she still knows nothing about, and he bought supplies to kill Hope. In the beginning, he was still willing to kill Hope to save his own skin. How can Hope trust him after this? I know the writers expect us to believe love conquers all but I have a hard time believing Hope would be willing to turn a blind eye to Aiden considering for one second to actually kill her.

I loved today's show! But I am a huge fan of Aiden and Daniel Cosgrove. I loved how he kept the dead bird and talked to it. Kinda like Tom Hanks and Wilson the soccer ball in Cast Away. I love that they showed us all that has happened to him.

I kept holding out hope that Chase would find his dad in a cell when he was staying in the tunnels of the mansion. Funny I was right about when the switch was! It didn't make sense when it aired but were they planning this all along? And yes, he does have a lot of explaining to do. He was planning on killing Hope because Chase was in danger but that's still a lot to deal with.

I did like how he found out that Chase raped someone, but not who of course. I wish they would have shown when he found out that Hope was alive. I was thinking maybe when she turned around he would say "Hope!" to himself because he had thought it was Ciara. Just seems odd they didn't show that part. And they went with realism at the end.

While I have never had someone come back from the dead I would think, yes you'd call the police. It's funny because when Aiden tells her all about being held captive it won't be hard for her to believe because she has certainly had her share of that in her life. :rotfl:I loved it!

I wanted to comment on the direction Aiden's story has taken.

Aiden changed his mind at the last minute and decided not to kill Hope, but that does not change the fact he still planned to do so. How can he be trusted to not cause Hope, or any female, harm in the future? He still illegally changed the beneficiary on Hope's life insurance, which she still knows nothing about, and he bought supplies to kill Hope. In the beginning, he was still willing to kill Hope to save his own skin. How can Hope trust him after this? I know the writers expect us to believe love conquers all but I have a hard time believing Hope would be willing to turn a blind eye to Aiden considering for one second to actually kill her.

I agree with you however, I still think the show did a great job of showing Aiden's emotion and feelings about Hope, Ciara and Chase. I did feel a bit sorry for him so kudos to Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) for portraying that sentiment so well. I'll also add that this is the same show that had a woman fall in love with and marry her rapist (among other things) so anything is possible.

If Aiden is around long term, I think the show definitely laid some good ground work for redeeming him today. Whether he ends up with Hope or not, I'm happy to see the character back in Salem. There is potential for him with other characters as well.

I could have done without the dead bird while I was eating lunch. Ever hear of a volleyball Albert Alarr? And I didn't understand the notebooks either if he was just going to leave them behind. Wouldn't they have been good evidence of his captivity to show Hope later on?

As a point of clarity, when Hope left the living room, she was wearing a short sleeve shirt. When she came back, she had on a black sweater over a white blouse and had a mug of coffee. It also looked like sunlight outside. Was the final scene with her and Aiden the next morning? I saw mixed feedback about this on twitter so that's why I'm asking here. And Aiden looked like he walked back on set from offstage. Where did he come from?:rolleyes:

On another note, why does Hope only have photos of Ciara in her living room? No Bo, Shawn, Zack, or Claire? Even Tom/Alice or Doug/Julie? Please!

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up with the spoilers lately and this is the first episode in a long time that really grabbed me. I think all along, Aiden only went along with the plan because Chase was threatened. When it came down to it, he wasn't actually going to kill Hope, and Andre knew that, hence the double. Do I think it's overdone, absolutely, but I think it was necessary because they made a huge mistake with this storyline anyway. Aiden should never have been sacrificed just so Bo and Hope could have their ending. He could just as easily have stayed in the background, and that could also have prevented ruining Chase, which was also stupid, even if it did give Ciara the storyline she needed.

Sure, the return of Aiden is preposterous, and the writers wore out the body double idea with Fake Rafe, but they did come up with an episode that held the viewers' attention, unlike some of the wretched stuff that's been aired lately. Kudos to Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) for a good performance today. That said, here a a few comments/questions about the episode. 1) If Aiden was considering strangling Hope at the time of their wedding, the marriage is annulable; 2) Why did Aiden abandon his bird friend? -- in Castaway, would Tom Hanks ever have voluntarily left behind Wilson the soccer ball?; 3) Now we know how Andre got into Hope's place so easily -- she leaves a key under the mat; and 4) Aiden is lucky that pistol-packing Hope didn't just shoot him down just as she did with the Phoenix.
The bed in Aiden's cell was the same one used for Rafe's cell in the DiMansion basement.
So Andre reuses furniture. Who knew? He's the frugal DiMera.

I taped the show but couldn't leave the room while it was on. :drunk: They went the extra mile on this one. :clap:Explaining a believable story, :hug:Obviously did it over time so his hair could grow. Great outdoor scenes. However it really cheapens past returns like Kristen and Andre where they just showed up. :angry: Aiden still sucks that he worked with the Dimeras in the first place, :whack:but it was the writers that ruined him just to bring Bo back for minute. So I'm glad he is back and hopefully Chase is redeemed. :) So do you think Aiden will even care about the real necktie killer?:sarcasm:

I practically ignored the show. Don't want Aiden around. Never did, never will. Just another back from the dead and a convenient DiMera double. they seem to always have one handy.

Back