Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 9, 2016

So, to be honest, I didn't get to see the show yet. It's on my DVR. Still, I don't care if Aiden was the one to attack Hope or not. The fact is, he lied, did indeed have lots of debts, conspired with Andre, went as far as putting on the hood... So he's bad and can't be with Hope anymore, in my opinion. How could she trust him now ? So what if he didn't go through with the whole plan ? He went too far already. Can Aiden be redeemed ? Yes, maybe. Heck, put him with Jennifer, maybe. But should he be with Hope ?

Absolutely not. I'm tired of people supposedly in love planning or doing horrible things, and then, get back together. It's not fun, it's not endearing, it's not romantic, nope, it just doesn't work in my view. Is it because I like Hope and Rafe ? Yes, I do like them together, I think there is potential, but if it doesn't work out between these two, I still don't want Hope to be torn between Rafe and Aiden. No way ! Put Hope with somebody new (Roman... why not ?), put Rafe with somebody new, just no to Hope and Aiden in the future. And don't make Rafe lose out to Aiden, who was so wrong on so many levels.

Last edited:
Andre threatened Chase, so Aiden was caught between a rock and a hard place. It is like the husband, wife & child being out in a boat, it overturns, neither wife nor child can swim. Who does the husband save? Or worse, you are with two of your children, same scenario. Which one do you save? Aiden chose to save his child, but when it came down to the actual nitty gritty, he could not kill his wife. He probably was never going to, was hard to admit to himself.

But, the fact remains, that he agreed with those slimeballs to do it (Still want to know why they wanted Hope dead). So, even if Hope still loves Aiden, is legally married to him, NO, absolutely, to any pairing of these two in the future. Not only would she not be able to truly trust him, but there is the fact that should she decide to let Aiden back in her life, it means that Chase would be there as well. And Hope just could not do that to her daughter. Never.

Just as Aiden chose to protect his son, so Hope would choose to protect her daughter.

This was a very interesting episode...although, if I'm being honest, it did sort of drag on since the vast majority of it was Aiden alone in his cell talking to a dead bird. Really? I am glad that the writers gave a solid, relatively believable, explanation of events. However, I think I would have rather seen these scenes shortened a bit and interspersed with Aiden actually telling the story to Hope. I applaud the effort though for the writers/producers doing something different.

I agree with other posters as well that Aiden still seemed to be willing to go along with the DiMeras and their plot to kill Hope and therefore there really shouldn't be any realistic chance of a reconciliation with Hope. I imagine this whole thing is going to serve as angst for Hope/Rafe and in many ways comes off as a "oops, we made a boo-boo in trashing and killing this character off so here's how we're going to fix it". :rolleyes:

I kept wondering about the dead bird. Maybe it didn't decompose since it wasn't outside
or buried. And why didn't Aiden put something in the tube where the gas came out. Maybe
he couldn't reach it.

I thought Aiden did an excellent job cutting his hair :)

Do the DiMeras have a cloning factory?

Enjoyed the location shots even though the cell reminded me Yo Ling's warehouse.

I don't know if I can like Aiden and Hope together again after he took her money and changed
the life insurance policy. I enjoyed them before he turned to The Dark Side.

It was a good episode.with just one character alone in most of it.

So this means Hope and Aiden are still married. Let's hope an annulment or divorce will be in the works. Will he tell her the whole plot, that he was to kill her but couldn't go through with it or let that little fact slip under the carpet? Land sakes Hope please, please, please don't go all soft pitying the fool and take him back. Is Rafe going to be kicked to the curb again? He and Nicole really should be together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that too, katmouse. I thought it was ridiculous considering all Hope has been through, I can't imagine her leaving a key under a doormat or pot or whatever. That's such a cliché. Nobody I know leaves a key hiding somewhere right outside their house. Especially in the age of cellphones.

Can you annul a consummated marriage? I don't even know how it works legally?

I will be waiting for an explanation as to why a FakeAiden was a necessary part of the Dimera plan. He put on a mask when he entered the house; any thug would have sufficed. Andre/Stefano could not have predicted that Bo would conveniently save the day. :confused:

Officer Hope kicked Aiden in the stomach (?) while he was on the floor; yet another probable felony. I'd been wondering why she hadn't stepped out of her stilettos. :eek: Aiden had a disconcerting look on his face while she was cuffing him. When SPD backup officers arrived, they all surrounded Aiden. Hope, and at least one of the officers had their guns pointing at each other, thus forming a circular firing squad. :rolleyes:

It was good to see the warehouse location set, again. :)

Can you annul a consummated marriage? I don't even know how it works legally?
Frank Sinatra did it after a long marriage that produced several children. Guess it depends on who you know, or how much money you have. Seriously, though, there are legal reasons for an annulment even if the marriage has been consummated, but since this is the Daily Days forum, I won't open up that can of worms.

As far as Aiden's taking Hope's money, and changing the insurance policy, that can all be changed by the stroke of a pen...or keyboard. The clone might have been in Salem long before Aiden was shown to be a "bad guy."

Aiden had a strange look on his face as he was being taken away. Something is still not right. He is up to no good.

Yes. His expression was glowering/frightening. I'm going to blame it on Andre's probable brain-washing, witness those journals that Aiden left behind. :eek:

@JS, if any clients had been so inconsiderate as to call during Days, they would've had to adjust their priorities, and call at a more convenient time! :whack:

@JS, if any clients had been so inconsiderate as to call during Days, they would've had to adjust their priorities, and call at a more convenient time!
Right???! I can imagine telling management that I won't take calls during that hour!

I thought it was funny that trigger-happy Hope didn't actually have her finger on the trigger. The whole time she had the gun drawn on Aiden, her finger was on the trigger guard.

Back