Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 10, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 10, 2014

Theresa wakes up in her own bed, confused, trying to remember what happened to her. She flashes back to being with Anne, then to taking a shortcut thru the park. That is as far as she gets, the phone rings, Anne is giving her a hard time about being 2 hrs. late to work. They argue, Theresa pulls the "I'm pregnant, not feeling up to it" card, but Anne has something juicy to tell her. Theresa shows up at work at last, Anne is waiting for her, cannot wait to tell her the news. Seems she called Kristen to get updated about that scholarship in EJ's name (Anne talks a mile a minute, bless her heart, so listen close) and she is gone. Checked out. Left Salem. She is not at the DiMera place, nor at the Kiriakis mansion. She called there, too. Theresa is grinning, now would be a good time to tell Brady about the baby. Anne pooh poohs the idea, asking if Theresa really thinks Brady would be happy to know that this alcohol inbibing, pill popping female was carrying his child. Theresa gets up and leaves abruptly.

Chad sits with Kate, figures he is going to wait with her to see how Kate will react to her date who is already 20 minutes late. He figures it is probably her hillbilly friend, Clyde, but finds it hard to believe that a super smart, corporate exec type like Kate, who mingles only with cultured, intelligent men, would have anything to do with the likes of Clyde. Kate tells him that the other men he described are cookie cutters of each other, and that Clyde is really very smart. Chad figures he will leave her to have her vittles with the guy.
LOL

Clyde is facing off with Jordan, who has referred to something that happened between them when she was 15, reminding him it was rape. But Clyde asks if that is what it really was, that he was drinking a lot then, has told her he was sorry, but she doesn't think sorry cuts it. He walks up, so his chest is up against her pointed gun, telling her if she going to shoot him, go ahead. She is shaking, and in tears, he takes the gun away, telling her that if she does that again, she had better shoot, as he won't be so generous the next time. He puts the gun in a drawer, opens the door for her to leave. She asks him to tell her what else, but he says she knows all she needs to know.
Jordan goes to the park bench, sits and cries, Chad finds her. She claims she is o.k., fine, nothing happened, but cries on his shoulder when he sits down, he comforts her. He talks of how every time they run into each other, they have each been through some sort of emotional thing. He goes on, listing things, Jordan agrees, he says he wants to kiss her so much right now, but won't take advantage. Jordan kisses him!

John has come to see Brady, who quietly tells him he understands why John lied to him, to protect him from Kristen, he got that. He tells John quietly, but forcefully, that he is a grown man, he doesn't need or want all this protecting, doesn't like being lied to, even though he understands the reasons. He gives John a file, problem in Europe with Basic Black, has to handled in person, he checked with John's doctors, he is well enough to travel. Brady says he stepped in, handled the business when John could not, and now needs John to step in, handle it.....because Brady needs some space, some time, to see how he feels about all of it.

Marlena is in the square, gets a phone call from Stefano, who rants a bit about Sami taking his granchildren away, and he wants to know where she is. Marlena knows it is difficult for him dealing with the death of his son, but it is also difficult for Sami & the children. Stefano thinks it terrible she is keeping the kids from their grandfather, but Marlena thinks all of Salem is better off without his son, or him. She hangs up, smiles, says "that was fun".
John comes along, tells her all that happened in his conversation with Brady, and about going to Europe. He knows they have a lot to talk about, but he has to leave now. Marlena understands, says she has waited so long, she can wait a bit longer. He gets up, says he no longer has reservations about leaving, just wanted her blessing. She says he has it, as he comes round, gives Marlena a very tender kiss, and leaves.

At the Pub, Abby is all excited about getting her job back, Ben arrives, hearing this, congratulates her. She wonders how it happened, Kayla only says the board talked it over and changed their mind. Ben chimes in......."it was Chad". Abby is puzzled, but Kayla confirms. Chad has the DiMera seat on the board now, talked to the board about it being unfair, and with EJ gone, Sami leaving town....Abby is delighted, but surprised since she broke the board morality rule........but Ben tells her Chad wants her back, this is his way of making her think he is such a good guy, etc. Kayla sits and listens, but finally leaves, just telling Ben that Abby did love that job, and was good at it.
Ben reminds Abby that Chad does push his buttons every chance he gets, but if she likes her job so much, then he will support her 100%.

Kate is walking thru that park, Clyde comes running up, makes his excuses for being late, claims he was held at gunpoint, doesn't say who. They banter about it, he gives her some big check, she talks of investing this money, which he claims he "saved up". He talks of getting a big return on it, so he can buy a place here, seems he really likes it in Salem, wants to stay.

Stefano sits, listening to opera music, looks at a family picture of EJ/Sami/kids and looks sad.

Theresa arrives at the Kmansion, is announced by Henderson. Brady is standing by a darkened window, she says she is happy he agreed to see her. She knows that how both she & John lied to him was not right, is very sorry, but she has something to tell him, nothing to with John or any of that. She starts babbling about not knowing his status with Kristen, he interrupts, Kristen is out of his life, he will never see her again. Theresa is happy to hear that, she has something important to tell him.
Before she can, Brady tells her he has something to say to her, and when he has finished, it will be the end of any discussions at all between them. He goes on about being screwed up in his life, using her for drugs, alcohol, sex, but that is all over. Kristen is gone, out of his life, Theresa should get out of town, too. We are done, over. End of discussion.
Theresa manages to blurt out..."I am carrying your child".

Jordan is a wimp. Ben is a psycho. Clyde is a creep. Let's ship this family out of Salem pronto, please.

In other news - Stefano is a shell of his former self, but I got a kick out of seeing Marlena put the screws to him.

Anne was wonderful as always.

Brady's a dork. I can't believe he's been running Titan AND Basic Black while doing coke/Jeannie T/recovering in 13 days. C'mon, writers...oy!! I really wish BRADY were leaving town. Meanwhile, Jeannie Theresa's storyline is just...so...very...stupid.

I'm not ready for Sami/Lucas/EJ 2.0, also known as Ben/Abby/Chad. I fear every talk with Ben will be about how Chad's a good guy, doesn't want me back, blah blah (while Ben puffs up his chest and whines). Meanwhile every talk with Chad will be about Ben's temper and how he's really a good guy, etc. :rolleyes: Let's get some movement here already.

It really strikes me that the dialogue is so sharp but the stories so dull. Methinks the writers should flip-flop. I'd take lame dialogue with good story. ('Course, I'd best have both!! But I can be a realist...!)

Heck, I thought Harold was in contact with Stefano, and filling him in? With all of Stefano's moles and spies, why wouldn't Stefano know where Sami was? However, maybe he knows she is in L.A. but not where??? For cryin' out loud, everyone in Salem knows where she went. Any one of Stefano's goons could just casually visit the Pub, the Club, the hospital, and find out very easily. Everyone talks loud enough for anyone to hear, so just sit in the Pub, drink that coffee, and you will know everything about everyone pretty quickly. (Same goes for the Club. )

I couldn't believe Stefano is not able to track Sami and the kids down somehow.

I also couldn't believe Brady told Theresa to leave town, really? She has family there, too. I know Theresa isn't a favorite but that just ticked me off! Brady just needs all his exes shooed out of town so HE can move on? ugh.

A few months back I wanted Anne to be gone but now I have to say I like her and Theresa's scenes.

Clyde sure is creepy but I feel bad that I find him way more interesting than Jordan.

I just noticed Chad's snazzy blue suit!

After YEARS of running from her father and distancing herself from other people, Jordan finally let herself care for and get close to a man, Rafe, and even then it was months before she let her guard down completely with him. But now she's kissing Chad after knowing him a few weeks?! O-K

Jordan is a wimp. Ben is a psycho. Clyde is a creep. Let's ship this family out of Salem pronto, please. In other news - Stefano is a shell of his former self, but I got a kick out of seeing Marlena put the screws to him..... Brady's a dork. I can't believe he's been running Titan AND Basic Black while doing coke ....
Yes, Kate really knows how to pick them. She thinks that Clyde is quite the man. He sure is, the kind of man who sells drugs, orders murders, and rapes his step-daughter. Don't let him get away, Kate. This guy is a real prize. As for Basic Black, it's no wonder that there's a crisis in Europe. With John out of commission, it was being run by the coked up, frequently drunk, and Kristen/Theresa obsessed Brady. Finally, Stefano should really stop making threatening phone calls. Instead of being afraid, his Queen of the Night was taking pleasure in yanking his chain. What a come-down.

I see it's Abby and Ben's turn to have a completely stupid, ridiculous fight that somehow tears them apart. :rolleyes: I liked the fact that we've seen Kayla for several days in a row and that she had the sense to refuse to get in the middle of this conflict. She's one of the few older women on the show who isn't a meddler, and I think certain others could learn from her (I'm looking at you, Jen, Adrienne and Maggie!) I also enjoyed Brady telling John that he wasn't going to accept any more intefering in his business in the name of protecting him.

Please tell me why Marlena even has Stefano's number in her phone, why she would pick up for Stefano, and why he needs to beg her to get Sami to give him the grandchildren. I did enjoy her ignoring his threat, saying what she wanted about Kristen and then hanging up, though.

The Theresa/Kristen storyline has no basis in reality to begin with, but Theresa should be having miscarriage symptoms, not thinking that she's still pregnant. I did enjoy her conversation with Anne, to my surprise.

The Stefano scene made no sense to me. All of Salem knows where Sami went. All Stefano has to do is have a plant at the studio and he can find out where they are staying. I'm tired of seeing Stefano alone too. In his Day of Days interview, he said he works no more than 2 days a week. So why can't they write scenes with him and other characters in the same room then?

This was one of the few times I didn't FF Anne and Jeannie Theresa. Anne was so funny when she made fun of Henderson. I also enjoyed Chad telling Kate she wasn't the Duck Dynasty type.

Loved John and Marlena! His leaving Salem makes me angry. I don't care how long it is.

Jordan is a wimp. Ben is a psycho. Clyde is a creep. Let's ship this family out of Salem pronto, please.

I'm willing to start a fundraising campaign to make this happen. Who's in?

Thanks for the summary. Sounds very mediocre.
Theresa and Brady...more of the same old stuff. I'm glad Brady told John that he doesn't need his daddy to fix his problems. I'm still baffled at how pointless this storyline was...John was put in a coma after returning from a long trip to Europe, and now that he woke up, Brady's still mad at him, Marlena and him aren't exactly back together, and he's going back to Europe...??? SO POORLY-WRITTEN!!!

Marlena having Stefano's phone number is indeed very strange, but I'm glad she told him off. In other events, Stefano has become almost as much of a wet towel as Jordan! How doesn't he know where Sami is?! And speaking of Jordan, there may be some more details we know of her life in Poplar Bluff, but her storyline is not moving at all. She keeps having these same, tear-filled and cryptic conversations with Clyde. And I'm enjoying the Kate & Clyde dynamic. Far more interesting than what we've been given with Abigail and Ben the psycho. I am happy that Kayla was on today, and Anne is becoming far more entertaining than she was before! I think it's because she and Theresa aren't so focused on Haggifer anymore.

I still think that Sami and the kids should have left Salem to go into hiding from Stefano. It is absolutely ridiculous that she went to Hollywood and everyone in Salem is aware of it, yet Stefano and his goons have no idea where she is. Yet another inconsistent form of story telling.

So, everytime somebody lies to Brady or upsets him, his solution is to ask that person to leave town? First, he talks John into going to Europe to take care of family business, then he wants Theresa to leave town because he is done using her for his own selfish purposes? How about Brady taking a hike out of town, preferably to rehab?

Theresa should have had signs or symptoms that something with her baby is not right. As Heroic Muse mentioned, there should be signs of a miscarriage or bleeding. I guess the Dimera Frankendoctors have a way of no signs or symptoms showing after such an invasive procedure?

Ben is getting a little too controlling. As long as Abigail is happy to go back to her job and does not feel concerned about Chad getting it for her, he should not interfere. I don't like the way Chad has been taunting Ben, but the decision to go back to work at the hospital should be Abigail's.

I loved the kiss between John and Marlena at the end before he left for Europe. So it was John in the promo with Marlena.

Back