Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 16, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 16, 2015

Warning. Have the box of tissues handy, you will not get away without using at least one. Giving the Emmy today to Kayla, Steve & Bo. Wow!
In the park, Bo & Kayla sit on a bench, as Bo asks questions and Kayla imparts the heartbreaking results of his tests. He has a tumor in his brain, fast growing, gives the medical name (gliostnoma or something like that) which means it grows it's own blood supply. It is large, is in the cerebrum, and while she coats the words, it is more or less inoperable. Bo asks questions, chemo, surgery, how long does he have. Kayla is breaking down. After all he has gone through, the chemo would be too hard on him. He asks how long he has, a year, a month, weeks. Kayla is crying, (and these are real tears) as she lets him know he really does not have that long. Bo is taking this pretty well, comforting Kayla, stiff upper lip. (sorry folks, this was all so hard to watch, I cannot do justice to it). He leaves.
Kayla sits, crying, as Steve arrives, asking what is wrong. She is hesitant, promised Bo she would not tell, but Steve pries it out of her. Bo is very sick, has a brain tumor, cannot do anything..She is sobbing, Steve is shaken, but holds her. She cries on his shoulder.

Bo is laying in a large open grassy area, staring at the sky, and hollaring at God. Asking why him. After he got out of that hellhole, and finally back to his wife and daughter, his family, why this? He can count the number of days he has left just using his two hands. Why him? Why now? He bursts into tears, pounds the ground. As he sits, Steve finds him, Bo wonders how, Steve just says like he always does, it is what brothers do. Bo comments that Kay never could keep a secret, Steve sits beside him, says this really sucks. Tell me about it, replies Bo. Steve asks if there is anything he can do, but Bo assures him he already did, got him back home in time. They have clasped hands as Bo tells Steve "in the end, you know what to do". Steve nods yes. Bo starts to leave, but turns back, the men hug, I love you, man. I love you, too. (You have no idea how hard this is for me to write).

Chad is pleading with Rafe to conduct a search for Abby, trying to convince him that all is really not well. In the cabin, Abby is having labor pains, pleading with Ben to get her to a hospital, it is too early, if something happens to the baby now, Ben will never be able to live with himself. He is hesitant, still not believing her, but finally agrees he will try and find help of some kind. The phone rings. Her phone. (Chad has convinced Rafe to try and call Abby, that no one has actually spoken to her since Ben took her away, he dials her number with his phone, hands it to Rafe. ) Ben sees it is Chad calling, answers the phone, yelling at Chad, telling him not to call her anymore. Rafe is on the other end, unbeknownst to Ben, who hangs up, setting the phone down just out of reach of Abby, but in her ear saying "it was him", then goes out the door. She struggles, trying to reach the phone, is eventually successful. But just as she is dialing, a sharp pain has her double over, the phone flying out of her hand.
Chad is urging a reluctant Rafe to trace her phone, he says all he can do is talk to Jennifer, unofficially. Chad gets ticked off, will find her himself. She is in trouble.

A despondent Hope sits on the sofa, Ciara tries to talk her into being with Dad. She goes up, gets clothes, brings them down, wants Hope to look pretty when seeing Dad. She leaves, Hope is just not into getting dressed, but finally does.

Brady comes home to find Theresa gathering together a whole bunch of baby stuff, toys, rattles, putting them in a basket (stuff we have never seen laying around). She lets Brady know Victor threw her out. Brady says it is because of me, which causes Theresa to run off at the mouth non-stop, not even pausing a second to catch a breath, as she berates Brady, Victor, blah, blah. He finally yells at her to be quiet, let him talk, and he explains how Victor sensed a change in the relationship between Brady & Theresa, and he did not deny it. He will talk to Victor, she takes Tate for a walk. Well, he does talk to Victor, who lets him know that this is his house, he decides who lives there, and that the real Theresa, who put his father in a coma, has gone underground, so she can, on the surface, pretend to be the changed woman in front of Brady.

In the park, Brady catches up with Theresa, tells her that it probably would be best if she left the house. He promises to find a place for her and Tate, that they both will have time with Tate separately and together.Theresa is grateful, is happy, but it doesn't take long for her to begin running off at the mouth again, Brady shuts her up by kissing her, again, and again.

Ciara runs into Joey in the square, he asks how her mom was doing. A few nasty things are said about Aiden, which of course means Chase is eavesdropping, heard it, is hurt. Ciara goes home, mom is not there, Chase comes in. He saw her looking around the living room, figures she is imagining what it was like when his father tried to strangle her mother. He talks of him living there, how Ciara probably is afraid of him, too...like father like son. No, she doesn't think of him that way. He cannot help it, he still loves his father, the man he knew, the man he thought his dad was. He sits down on the sofa. Ciara thinks a bit, sits down next to him, takes his hand. We will get through this.....together.

Bo has gone to see Victor, only saying he worries that the guys who grabbed him might go after his family. Victor assures him he has people watching Dr. Salinas every second. Bo asks him to be sure Ma is safe, Vic says they will do that together. Bo says he has some family things to take care of, so Vic tells him to do what he has to do, he will take care of the rest.

Hope has arrives at the hospital, sees Kayla, tells her she is looking for Bo. Kayla says she saw him earlier in the square, but she has no idea where he is now. Hope senses something, asks Kayla what is it? What is wrong. Kayla is about to say something, and here comes Bo, smiling. Hope says I was looking for you, and Bo, grins, saying something about "looking for her all of his life".

(I think that might be a line he said when they first met???)

Last edited:
I only saw Steve/Kayla for a minute and Bo/Steve and I was sobbing. I can't wait to sit down and actually watch. @Poirot, I was thinking about you while Steve/Bo were talking, because I couldn't picture having to write today.

Hope left Ciara a note saying she was going looking for Bo, Ciara was happy about it before Chase walked in (and she had left the door open, it looked like, which is why I didn't understand her comment about not hearing him). And Chase also referred to Hope as "mom," I thought that was sweet.

Last edited:
Oh my. Poirot however did you manage to write this emotional summary. I have tears in my eyes just reading it. And yes Bo said that line to Hope in their first romantic scene. It's so great to see Bo & Hope again but moving so quickly toward his death. :cry:

Kudos to all the actors who did so well in the highly-emotional scenes today. On various plot points: 1) the fact that Bo has no hope shows how far the mighty Love Doctor has fallen. If this was a year ago, he'd be rushing to the rescue, scalpel in hand, ready to save Bo by emulating Dr. Ben Casey of yesteryear, who saved a brain tumor patient every week; 2) Brady should solve the grouchy Victor problem by residing in what ever palatial residence he gets for Jeannie T. and Tater Tot. At this stage, he probably could get a great price on the house that Creepy Clyde bought for psycho Ben and poor Abigail; 3) poor Chase should drop the "like father like son" line. JJ wore that one out; and 4) whom has loony Ben tracked down? Are Dr. Chyka or Dr. Rolf hiding in the woods, or are the Horton cabin raccoons licensed obstetricians?

Ben Casey.jpg
Dr. Ben Casey: "I could save Bo in one 60-minute episode."

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary, but I had to quit reading because it hit too close to home.

I just found out this afternoon that the 13 year old daughter / granddaughter of friends has a brain tumor. Her parents were told this morning, and surgery is tomorrow. My Mom was named honorary great-grandmother when she was born.

Last edited:
Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) was awesome. I think she was really Kayla telling her little brother he was going to die. The best crying scene I can ever remember seeing. They were all superb. Fortunately, I didn't cry, but the worst is yet to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness I was a blubbering mess today watching this. Bo, Kayla, and Steve were all fantastic. I think Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) should submit this episode for Emmy consideration. I think this is some of the best work I've ever seen from her. And then Bo yelling at God....gave me chills.

I really wanted Rafe to believe Chad and help him out re: Abby. But, you know, I was thinking...couldn't Chad go to his father and Andre and use some connections they have or their "all-knowing whatever" to try and locate Abigail by her phone? I don't know, I think he will eventually find her but I'm just wondering how he's going to figure it out. Maybe Abby is going to be able to get a call or text to Chad the next time Ben goes out.

I think Brady just kissed Theresa to shut her up. She just would not stop running her mouth. Sheesh.

Indeed, Theresa and Brady are not romantic at all, in my opinion. Nope, it just does not work for me. I'm team Victor all the way ! Go, Victor. Throw Theresa out, and do the same with Brady. These two idiots deserve each other.

Bo, Kayla, Steve. :cry: What can I say ? Great job ! I will have a hard time watching the coming scenes, I'm sure.

Rafe : I'm kind of disappointed. I know he and Chad are not the best of friends, but it's like Rafe is so slow, now. I just want to yell : come on, man, get up and do something. Like Chad said : "Do your job"!!!! This whole kidnapping stuff is getting really frustrating. Please, make it stop soon.

Ciara and Chase : Not feeling them right now. They could just not be there, it wouldn't matter to me, really. I'm sorry. I know that they both have some feelings that need addressing, but I just... don't care.

Oh gosh, thanks for the write-up, Poirot. I may not like this storyline, but I'm sad about everything with Bo. I can't believe Daniel can't save the day, either with Bo or with Abigail!! (half of that was a joke). I know that the rest of the week is going to be really sad too. Can't they do this AFTER the holidays are over? We've had enough sadness on the soap the past few years, let alone the past few weeks.

Chase & Ciara was nicely done, and Joey too. I look forward to the teen storylines now. Hopefully they are more interesting than JJ & Paige. I would also like Roxanne tor return.

Rafe: if your surgeon buddy Daniel can save the day without being a cop, why can't you just do the same, given that you ARE one! Plus, you were in the ISA and FBI before!! Geez! Hopefully Chad can get to Abigail soon. Creepy Ben is grating on my nerves.

RS and Lil0, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Interesting things on today's show. Victor made comment to Brady about
his brain.. And Bo found out he has a brain tumor... saw Bo/Steve
and Ciara/Chase hold hands.

I wonder why Rafe didn't talk to Ben on the phone.

Did Ben find a midwife to deliver the baby?

Where oh where is Daniel to save Bo?

I wonder if Bo actually has time to tell his family. I think he
told Victor good bye today.

How did Steve find Bo? Did he follow his scent? I cried when Steve did.

How is Hope going to cope when she learns about Bo? She's already
depressed with falling in love with Aiden.

Lil0 and rs, prayers for you

Back