Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 17, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 17, 2014

Sighhh. JJ spends the entire show trying to convince Paige that he is no good for her, going over trashing Horton Square when he found out about his dad and aunt Kayla, yada, yada, while Paige continually rejects all his arguments, says he just needs some space, she will give it to him, knows he loves her, she loves him, and she leaves. (Warning, flashbacks on the bed romp between JJ & Eve as he stumbles thru his attempts to break it off with Paige)

Meanwhile, Theresa goes to see Eve, to cry on her shoulder, while Eve tells of her sorrows in re: no surgery, no singing career. Theresa is sympathetic to Eve, who leaves out the part about JJ, but does remind Theresa that she lost Brady's trust when she whacked his dad and blamed him. She scolds Theresa for not double checking the home pregnancy test, talking of how they both seem to see only what they want to see. Theresa needs a stiff drink, and leaves.

Brady finds a memo written by Victor, giving him a promotion. He doesn't think he deserves it, is a screw up, but Victor figures he has handled himself well under pressure. Stayed by his dad's side, kept Kristen at bay, did an exemplary job for Titan. Brady relates the case of Theresa, her claim to be pregnant when found to not be so. Victor figures Brady is rid of the witch (he spelled it with another letter), but Brady comments that Theresa seemed to really think she was pregnant.

Stefano calls Chad, time to put the noose around Kate’s neck. He mentions some stock, wanting Chad to tell Kate Stefano has no interest in it. Stefano is being brought a drink by Simone, another of his young things, I guess. He figures it will be the coup de grace for Kate. He hangs up, toasts with Simone....Salud!

Jordan is at the hospital, getting a gift package from Chad. The nurse that brought it is curious, Jordan opens it to find 2 tins cans connected with a cord, and a note about Chad willing to listen anytime she wants to talk. She laughs, and then leaves.

At DiMansion, Harold announces Mr. Weston, who just barges in, Kate smiles, tells Harold to close the door, Clyde gives her a big long kiss. Kate smiles, they play cat and mouse over him coming over, she gives him a drink, they exchange smart remarks a bit. She talks of how he ramps up that southern accent “Mr. Innocent” charm with her, but is grinning.....and in walks Chad, rather surprised. Clyde takes his leave, they will catch up later. Chad tells Kate about her time being up, Stefano is ready to do her in, and explains how. Kate figures she will call her broker, have that stock bought up as soon as the market opens in the morning, promising Chad Stefano will never know. Oh, yes, he will, he will know right away. So Chad is prepared. He brings out a paper from his inside pocket, says he had it drawn up some time ago, gives it to Kate. She reads it, says, why you S.O.B. Chad gives a half smile.

Chad talks with Sonny on the phone, who is busy with architects, etc. He tells Ben Sonny won’t be coming in & he leaves. See above.. Jordan comes in looking for Chad, Ben sits and talks with her,. She is upset she had to find out about his apt. from his girlfriend, assures Ben she is not mad, she thinks it o.k. that Clyde pay his tuition. Ben doesn’t think she should hang around with Chad, Jordan protests, Clyde arrives, agrees with Jordan, telling Ben that Chad is a fine young man. Ben goes off to take care of something, Jordan tells Clyde she is not interested in his opinion, doesn’t care what he thinks and takes off. Clyde sees her hospital i.d. badge on the table and pockets it. Ben returns, Clyde tells him that all the tuition stuff is taken care of, and that when Ben gets his diploma, it will be the proudest day of Clyde’s life.

Nicole arrives at Daniel’s apartment, all sunshine and cheer, ready to help her friend get his spirits up after his stress filled days of late. She suggest yoga, he is against it, but does try, no go for him. Nicole is constantly doing pep talk, shows him how tense his shoulder muscles are. Finally, Dan claims he knows what will relax him, throwing a football around. She is not enthused, will ruin her manicure. Nope, and off they go to the park, he will teach her how to throw, blah, blah, some fun stuff. A kid comes along wanting Dr. Dan to help him tie his shoe, Dan will teach him how to do it himself. Silly stuff, but Dan is evidently successful, the kid thanks him. Nicole has been bored with the football, throws it at a tree, it bounces off the tree, hits Dr. Dan, and down he goes, unconscious. She thinks it funny, but he is not responding to her calling him, and she gets worried.

Clyde has looked at Jordan’s badge, and is heading to the hospital. Jordan is there, she is calling Dr. Evans, stumbling and bumbling over her words as she evidently changes her mind about what she wanted, apologizes and hangs up.

I wonder want he (Chad) wants in return for not telling Stefano about the stocks?

I'm wondering the same thing, red. And I must say Chad is one of the very few characters that, for now, keep me intrigued. Right now, I like the guy. Let's hope it stays that way.

Paige and JJ : Oh, JJ, cut your loses (which are not that bad), let Paige go and move on. For once, I agree with Eve. No way can JJ still be with Paige after having slept with her mother. :sick: And that way, we can get a show without the stupid and snooze worthy scenes between Paige and JJ.

Poor Victor. He's losing his touch. To think Brady handled everything so well is laughable. Brady is a dimwit, a mess, and should not be given any form of promotion. Imagine the reaction of other Titan employees. :eek: As far as Theresa is concerned, I don't feel much sympathy yet, as I'm not sure she wanted the baby other than to get her butt out of trouble and further into Brady's derrière. Ewww... I know. Quite the image. Still, Theresa, while the actress is very good, as a long way to go to be near redemption after what she did to John. And Brady ? How anyone can think he's such a prize is beyond me.

Jordan, Ben : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I still don't care. And even when Jordan seems to be angry, threatening Clyde, I just don't buy it.

Now Clyde, I like him. I know he's despicable. But at least, there is that villain that I may love to hate. So bravo for that !

Nicole and Daniel : Fun scenes, but not enough of the two of them (well, especially Nicole, as Daniel usually hogs the air time) for today. Too much going on with boring Paige and JJ. And too much nonsense also. The little boy asking Miracle Dan to tie his shoe. :rolleyes: Is there anything Dan can't do ? :sarcasm: And I'm betting Daniel is playing a trick on Nicole. If he is, shame on him. If not, he can get punched in the jaw repeatedly, but apparently, a football on the rebound will put him out. Yeah, right ! :rolleyes:

Poor Victor. He's losing his touch. To think Brady handled everything so well is laughable. Brady is a dimwit, a mess, and should not be given any form of promotion. Imagine the reaction of other Titan employees.
Good point. The conversation around the Titan water coolers could be quite interesting. On other topics: 1) Clyde giving relationship advice -- anyone told by him that another person is perfect for them should end that relationship immediately if not sooner; 2) Eve as a confidante -- this woman is no Dr. Phil or even a Jerry Springer. Anyone going to her for consolation and advice is sure to leave even more bewildered and depressed than before; and 3) Kate the CEO -- she's been betrayed by a DiMera, what a surprise.

I hope that JJ was just embellishing his feelings in order to comply with Eve's demand. I know he feels this way to some extent but I don't want to see him all depressed and self-hating again. I thought it was interesting, too, that was juxtaposed with Brady/Victor's conversation about how Brady is a screw-up. I wish that JJ would just tell Paige the truth. I also wish Brady would include JJ in his next apology tour since I don't think the two of crossed paths since Brady tried to pin his own drug use on JJ about a year ago.

Anyway, if Paige had any sense at all she would try to convince JJ that this kind of problem requires therapy. But she has no sense and Marlena's office is gathering dust so that's not going to happen.

I enjoyed the Daniel/Nicole stuff--it was silly but cute. Though since when is Nicole the kind of woman who doesn't want to touch a football because it might mess up her nails? :rolleyes: Nice to have some comic relief on the show, even though that last football throw of Nicole's was a ridiculous set-up. I guess next she's going to try to give him CPR and he'll think she's kissing him :rotfl:

I wonder what was in that envelope Chad gave Kate?

Can someone remind me of what Brady was doing at Titan? I thought he was already the CEO? Is there a position above that? Or did he get a demotion at some point?

I liked Jeannie T & Eve's scenes...almost. What a waste.

Brady's smug sneering talk with Victor...made me tune out. I would rather watch Daniel or creepy Nick. LOL

Snoozefest today. I realized it was because there were more newbies taking up the airtime than vets. :angry:

Is the Dimera Study supposed to be a miniature version of the living room set? Because it looks like the same doors on both sides and the same fireplace.

TheWriter: I agree with you. I have a very hard time buying Jordan's anger. It's just not believable.

I did enjoy Eve calling Theresa "Jeannie" though. At least she somewhat acknowledged Kim and Kayla being sisters as well.

This show sucks. Sorry, I know that's blunt. I'm having a really difficult time finding anything interesting. I like Daniel and Nicole but it's hard to imagine a scenario where Nicole ends up happy. I'm sure if Jennifer were to wag her little tail in front of him again he'd take the bait. I'm sort of mildly interested in the Kate/Chad story but emphasis on "mildly". I just can't take Stefano seriously with all this over the phone crap. It just doesn't work for me. Eve is certainly more tolerable when in scenes with Theresa or some other adult. I think this is probably one of the worst reintroductions of a character that we have seen in a long time. She's basically a new character to me. Why can't they do a story about who Paige's father is? Even if it is Frankie Brady I would totally be on board with that. Bring him back, get together with Jennifer again, cause angst for Eve and Paige. While predictable, it would at least be watchable. This current story is horrendous. As far as Clyde/Jordan/Ben are concerned, they can take the next turnip truck back to Poplar Bluff.

Hopefully, Jason47 will post the news here about the DiMera set. So sad.

Nice to see Harold. He had new glasses.

Why did Clyde take Jordan's badge?

I wish JJ would have told Paige the truth, the whole truth like
he said he would. We all know one day she will find out what happened
that night. Will she find out listening at a door?

I enjoyed Theresa and Eve. They both needed someone to talk to.

Daniel and Nicole were fun. Since they talked about his troubles,
will he have an odd dream?

Thanks for the summary, a decent show.

Ben and Jordan are boring. So are JJ & Paige. Tired of this filler crap. Oh, and now we get to see Victor propping Brady instead of Daniel, and Stefano sharing scenes with some extra. Snooze.

I was nice to see Theresa and Eve bonding a bit--we need more things like this instead of incessant fighting between siblings, or meaningless grief romps.

Daniel & Nicole are way too cute. I'm glad they're having fun together, but I do hope it doesn't end up being pointless like last time, when she ended up with Eric after kissing and flirting with Daniel for weeks. She deserves some happiness, at least for a bit. But the football thing, while funny, is just like when she shot him...Jennifer will bring it up, as will Maggie for hurting her darling egg baby, and Nicole will be a pariah again. OK, maybe not, but who knows?:rotfl:

I'm liking the Clyde-Kate pairing and Chad more and more everyday. But Kate's shirt was awful--like a Thanksgiving tablecloth. The new set is like a mini-living room of the DiMera manse.

Hopefully, Jason47 will post the news here about the DiMera set. So sad.

DiMERA MANSION SET GOES ON HIATUS AFTER 26-YEAR RUN...OCTOBER 3, 1988-OCTOBER 30, 2014

Today's episode featured the debut of the new DiMera Study set, which means the end, at least for now, of the DiMera Mansion set, which had been a "Days" staple since it first debuted as the Donovan Mansion set on October 3, 1988. After Shane left town in 1992, Kimberly (and later Bo and Carly) lived in the mansion in 1993. It became the DiMera Mansion when the family was first seen there on February 3, 1994. In recent interviews, Lauren Koslow stated the new study set is being used because it is smaller and quicker to build and take apart. The DiMera Mansion's final appearance was for Sami's last scene on October 30, 2014. It had been the second longest-running set in use on "Days", besides the Horton Living Room set, which has been in use since the show's pilot episode in 1965.

DiMERA MANSION SET (THEN DONOVAN MANSION) DEBUTS...OCTOBER 3, 1988

Here's the debut scene of the Donovan Mansion set from October 3, 1988. The set has been a staple on "Days" since then, becoming the DiMera Mansion in 1994. The set had its last appearance, for now, on October 30, 2014.

THE EARLY DAYS OF THE DiMERA MANSION (THEN DONOVAN MANSION)...HALLOWEEN 1988...

Here's a look at the DiMera Mansion (then the Donovan Mansion) in its first month on the air, October 1988.

Back