Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 21 , 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 21, 2016

Lots of drama as Justin manages to put a halt to Lucas & Adrienne's wedding, while Jennifer listens to & counsels Abby on her predicament, while both Gabi and Chad attempt to deal with theirs. Justin has burst into the church, effectively stopping the nuptials, as he goes on and on about how he still loves Adrienne, never stopped, knew when he first saw her on the park bench she was the one for him. Sonny cannot stop smiling, while Adrienne says not a word. Justin asked for privacy, Father Louis agrees, leaves the room, Steve, Kayla & Joey leave, but Sonny goes to stand with his father, while Kate & Phil stand beside Lucas. The lines are drawn in the sand. Justin goes on and on, but finally Lucas speaks up, warning Justin off, and really telling him off, as he relates how Justin failed her, all the things he & Adrienne do and enjoy together, how Justin was hitting the sheets with Elsa during Adrienne's cancer scare....oh, lots more, Adrienne is smiling at him all the while, but still doesn't say a word.

In the background, when Justin first burst in, Kate holds her hand out, Philip pays her (a bet?) but later he tells her looks like she will lose after all, wants it back.

Lucas finally asks the ever silent Adrienne "let's get this wedding back on track", but she is looking from one to the other, still not saying anything.

Of course Kate has to start mouthing off, Lucas telling her to back off, Sonny & Philip joining in, everyone yelling, until Adrienne screams for them all to stop, just stop. She throws her bouquet down, runs out. Justin starts after her, Lucas stops him, neatly throwing a punch. Bedlam, everyone yelling. Sonny stops any further mayhem by Justin, who leaves. Sonny follows, first giving Lucas the wedding ring. Lucas makes Kate & Phil leave, sits in a pew, sobs.

Over in the square Gabi talks with brother Dario, warning him over beating up JJ, with Dario getting the impression that perhaps Gabi has more going on with Chad than him just being her boss. She admits she is very confused by it all, still loves JJ, but there is something weird between her & Chad. Dario warns her about being with a DiMera, mentions her father's new business, telling her she will have to choose...either her family or a DiMera.

Later, he meets up with Blanca, who lets him know, in no uncertain terms, that she is not interested in taking up with someone who could mean trouble. Been there, done that. She says Cook County Medical in Chicago offered her a job, she is leaving town. Off she goes.

Chad sits staring into space as Andre babbles about their Japanese investor. They suddenly are talking of Gabi, of Chad uncertainty about their relationship. Andre reminds him he is still mourning, Gabi just broke up with JJ, that there really cannot be anything going on, Chad agrees. (Sorry, but this all got very confusing to me, and is interspersed with Abby talking with her mother about him & Gabi)

At the Horton house, Jennifer is telling Abby how happy it is she is alive, that she has to tell Chad. Abby realizes she cannot live up in the attic forever, is sorry Jen is missing Adrienne's wedding. Jen knows all will understand when they learn why, but Abby is firm that no one know she is back. (It sure is nice to have the Jen of old back). Jen tries her best to reason with Abby, but Abby is insistent. She saw Chad & Gabi in the square, laughing, so into each other, talking, touching, he brought her flowers. She talks of going to the house, waiting til Chad stepped out, and going in to see Thomas. She talks of how she felt when she ran from the hospital, how she knows it was the drugs she was getting which were wrong, how when she got them out of her system, and got the anti-depressants, her thinking cleared up, etc.

Jen tries to impress on her how Thomas needs his mother, Chad his wife, how Chad still loves her, talks of her all the time. Abby says she intended to never come back here, ever, until she heard of JJ getting shot. Then she had to come. Jen asks how she ever found out. Abby walks around, claiming that there are ways, all the newspapers are on line now. Jen again urges Abby to think of her son, her husband, who would be thrilled to have her back. Abby, tho, is convinced that life moved on while she was gone, and it just can never be the same again.

Andre is on phone with Laura, who says no, Abby did not return there. He figures he has a way to track her, hangs up, grinning, as he notes it means Abby is in hiding, and so he can be the one to bring her back to Chad.

At DiMansion, we seem to be in the middle of an argument between Gabi & Chad. She came to quit her job, while he is firing her. Both are babbling why the other would just come in and quit, or up and fire her. They talk rather disjointedly, he is going to give her 6 mos. severance pay, she has a fit, doesn't want his charity. He mentions causing her to quit her modeling job, it isn't charity, they mention him still in mourning, her just breaking it off with JJ, both talking at same time about the money, she doesn't want it, what are we doing? Cue them rushing into each other, BIG kiss!!!!

Egads. forgot about Kayla, Steve & Joey. In the church foyer, Kayla learns about Jade being pregnant, Steve figures they should go to the Pub and talk this over. While there, more details, Kayla thinks Jade definitely should have that test, what is Joey going to do. He figures he has to man up, quit school, get a job, leave the teen stuff behind. Jade wants to keep the baby, so he is responsible, Jade calls, Kayla says he is just a kid, isn't ready for this, and neither are they. Joey reports back that she wants gingerale along with Rocky Road ice cream. Admits he has no one to blame but himself.

Also, Justin is wandering in the square, Lucas sitting pensively on a bench in the same area. In the park, Adrienne sits crying loudly, Sonny comes along, she bemoans how she has now hurt Lucas. No use worrying about the past.....what are you going to do now?

I don't know if I care about all the storylines right now.

This Abby thing is beyond ridiculous. So she stays away, hidden by Laura (talk about being heartless making your daughter think she lost her own daughter), can't come back to her son or Chad, but has to come back because of JJ. O.K. Sure, he got shot, but really ? Her son and husband weren't enough. All right... :rolleyes:

I hope, oh do I hope, Jade is lying about being pregnant. No more teen pregnancies and another baby used for a stupid overdone plot. Enough. :beat:

Justin : What a jerk ! What a fool !

Lucas : I'm so glad he punched Justin. And I wish Adrienne would have kicked Justin out of the church and chose Lucas immediately. Frankly, why she is torn is beyond me. Maybe she doesn't deserve Lucas, and her and Justin deserve each other now. Too bad, as Lucas' speech depicted a love that would be refreshing to see on Days. Not boring, but sweet and endearing and... enduring too.

Gabi and Chad : I actually like them together. As I've said before, it will be hard to get back to being invested in Abby and Chad now. With a new actress, good as she may be, this was a very dangerous road to go, I believe. It would have been better, in my opinion, to let the new actress get into her role before getting her into a triangle where she is at a disadvantage.

But again, to me, the day goes to Lucas : Kudos to the actor and character ! :clap::love:

I mean no disrespect to the actress playing Adrienne, but this is how I feel about her relationship with Lucas. Adrienne came into the show long before Lucas (as a teen) did and, for that reason, she seems SO much older than he is. Sorry, but she seems more of a mother-figure to Lucas than a wife. I understand she is only a few years older than the actor playing Lucas, but I just see her as being much older. When they had to age Lucas and Sami to accommodate a grown son, then a granddaughter, it didn't seem to age Lucas in my mind. I have no doubt that she will choose Justin, and that's where I feel she should be.

I thought the wedding scenes were terrific, in part due to good writing and even better acting. These scenes are worth watching just for the facial expressions of the characters in the background, especially Philip. I actually could go either way for Adrienne right now but I still think she will end up with Lucas in the short term. Otherwise there is no story.

I know Steve, Kayla and Joey had a sub-plot but I thought it was odd that Steve and Kayla would leave the church without checking on Adrienne. I would rather have seen that than multiple scenes of Dario and day player Blanca saying their good-byes. They really need a couple of known characters to start working at the Pub again while other characters are dining there. I hope Joey or one of the girls start working there. I would say they need someone from the 30-40 generation too but they keep writing those characters out and not replacing them.:sick:

I liked the conversation between Dario and Gabi but couldn't help but wish it were Rafe and Gabi instead. There really is no need for Dario and no reason why Rafe can't have scenes unrelated to Hope. Heck even Eduardo and Gabi would have sufficed.

The Jen-Abby stuff is getting repetitive now and still doesn't make any sense. I'm ready to move on to the next step here.

Someone throw water on me. I actually "liked" Kate for about 30 seconds today when she felt bad for Lucas.:rolleyes:

Blanca said something to Dario about.......I know you are into something down on the docks. Then Dario was telling Gabi that if she took up with a DiMera, she would be going against her family??? I suppose they are going to still keep us in the dark about the new "business" for Eduardo & Dario.

That said, I really hated that they have Gabi & Chad embracing like that. (Yeah, my polite way of noting their coming together). So yes, that had to happen in order for the point and counterpoint of Abby insisting to a denying Jennifer that Chad & Gabi were getting "close". Boo, hiss.

To borrow the title of an old Bangles song, it was "just another manic Monday" in Salem.

1) Over at St. Luke's, yet another wedding came to an abrupt end, public-sinner Kate desecrated the church with her mere presence, and a brief fight erupted right in front of the altar (go Lucas -- hit Justin again!).

2) Adrienne firmly established herself as a member of Salem's dazed and confused set by ignoring Lucas's honest truths and then fled the church to get her feelings in order. Good luck with that.

3) Jenny was futilely trying to talk sense to another thoroughly dazed and confused woman, NuAbigail, Salem's latest disappearing act. Sadly, despite Jenny's claims, at this time EJ's former shower-mate is neither a good wife nor a good mother.

4) Blanca actually sought advice from the slimiest of the slimy, Dario, but at least had the good sense to then announce that she was fleeing Salem. She won't be sorry.

5) Over at the DiMansion, yet another inane argument abruptly turned to unbridled passion. Will the passionate couple now repair to the infamous DiMera Love Couch or Chad's romantic bedroom?

6) At the Pub, other diners who bothered to eavesdrop were probably rolling their eyes over yet another Salem teen pregnancy. Pity poor Kayla, she just escaped being burned alive and now she's looking at the prospect of clueless Joey and equally-clueless Jade playing house under her roof.

Finally, quote of the day goes to Kate for telling Adrienne that the ill-fated wedding wasn't a two-for-one sale.

The Salem elf got to the Horton living room. NuAbby found a picture of herself
holding Thomas.

Kate did have the best line "two for one sale". It was funny when Philip handed
her money for their bet. Philip should have known better to make a bet like that.
The last wedding in Salem didn't happen because of the unwanted guest Orpheus.

I thought Sonny liked Lucas with his mom. He seemed to be on his dad's side
today.

Andre better hurry up and take Abby to Chad before he and Gabi do more
than kissing.

Loved the show today. Lucas was awesome, Philip and Kate :rotfl:, Jennifer and Abby :clap:, Steve and Kayla :), just a great show

Oh and I kept waiting, hoping, they would have Justin shock us and say that "Elsa" was a project not a woman!

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be in a bad mood or something. I've been trying to watch this episode and am having trouble sticking with it. Abigail is really getting on my nerves. The new actress is fine. Both she and Jennifer are doing a good job. I just don't like her insistence on keeping her presence a secret. After only a day or two, I've had more than enough of it. Please get past this, Abigail, or else go away again.

I also don't like what's going on with Chad and Gabi.

The whole thing with Lucas, Adrienne, and Justin makes me conflicted. I like Lucas a lot and don't want him to get hurt, but I have to agree with everything KathyLu said in post #5.

Not eager for the drama that is Joey and Jade unfolding.

NikkiFan, sorry to follow your positive comments with such negative ones. I guess I'll go back and finish watching and see if I can find something positive to say. I haven't seen this part yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine with Blanca telling Dario where to get off, then leaving herself.

I thought Sonny liked Lucas with his mom.
Nothing makes sense with these writers. They have a wheel with 6-7 emotions, 10-12 characters (assigned by the suits), they spin and write for what matches up.

I'm over Abby's hiding.

I am always Team Lucas, but it's hard to care about him & Adrienne. It's even harder to care about Jerky Justin, though.

I'm hoping that Jade is pregnant, and she either: a) opts to terminate her pregnancy, or b) she and Joe decide to put it up for adoption. No backsies. I just want a twist, something original. (And a "teen fakes pregnancy to hang on to murderous dope" story is not original.)

I'm conflicted about the episode and its storylines, other than the fact that I could care less about Dario and Blanca and am still wondering why she got brought on in the first place. I also hope that the paternity test shows Joey isn't the father.

I really like Justin & Adrienne as a couple. She's just too old for Lucas, and seems more like a good friend to him. That said, Justin's a jerk, and Lucas has had his heart broken too many times. On another note, it's natural for Sonny to be rooting for dad and mom together, yet he's acting more like an 11 year-old than a rational twenty something who otherwise seemed to approve of Adrienne and Lucas' union. Very odd...also strange is that Kate was kinda enjoyable today!

Abigail hiding away is absolutely ridiculous! Enough! And why is Jennifer going along with it?! As far as Chad and Gabi, it's weird. I've always loved his relationship with Abigail and wanted them to be the endgame. I also like JJ & Gabi as a couple. But there's just no denying that, no matter their history, Gabi and Chad have MAJOR chemistry! It's hard not to root for them!

I think the actor playing Chad is something like the one who plays Nicole, in that they both seem to be able to have "chemistry" with almost anybody. It's hard not to enjoy watching either one of them in most scenes.

Sonny did seem to be acting a little bit "youthful" over wanting his parents together, and it was unexpected. Before last week, when he encouraged Justin to go for it, I thought he was all okay with his mom and Lucas.

Okay, I watched the rest of this episode. The last half was better in some ways than the first--or maybe I had just settled down some. There was something that made me laugh. Kayla asked Joey, about Jade, "Why did you sleep with her?" He's a teenage boy, Kayla. Did you really have to ask that question?

Back