Days of Our Lives - Mon. Nov. 23, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 23, 2015

Oh, definitely needing more tissues today, as Hope continues to cry and mourn Bo, begging him not to leave her, to come back to her. She holds him, cradles his face, snuggles up next to him, kisses his face. She crawls over to where the oak sapling had been rips it out, throws it on the ground, crawls back to Bo, only to later take the sapling, putting it back in the dirt through her tears. She goes back, takes off her jacket, puts it under his head, lays down next to him, holding him.

Chad is having flashbacks of his fight with Ben, of telling Abby he loves her, but won't be seeing her anymore. He rushes over to the cop shop, looking for Rafe, who is not there. He gets into a bit of a faceoff with another cop, who warns him he could end up in a cell again.

John has gone to see Andre', bringing a flashdrive, offering to give it to him, in exchange for Sami. Lots of words between them, with Andre' attempting to fake John out, who doesn't fall for it. He gives Andre' the flash drive, but tells him it is blank. He will go get the real one, Sami had better be there. John leaves, in comes Stefano :rotfl: who overheard it all to Andre's chagrin, tho Andre' attempts to weasel out. He walks out, Stefano is at the computer, attempting to access his accounts, frowns, and exclaims....Samatha...you b****.
John returns with Marlena, they want to see Sami. Andre' takes them to the dungeon, but they get there to find Sami gone, the guard out like a light. Andre' is clearly puzzled.

Ciara sits in the Brady living room with Chase, who is lighting wooden matches, then blowing them out. She comments it won't do any good to burn the house down. Chase is very upset, confused. He talks of his mom, who used to tell him his dad wasn't what he seemed, but his dad warned him that his mom only talked like that when she was drunk, and she usually was. He talks of his mom killing herself, the cops questioning his dad, but he was never charged. When Chase got older, he looked it up, read the stories, and now his dad tried to kill Hope. He says he still loves his dad. Why not, says Ciara, he never loved you and never did anything to hurt you. He talks of how he thought her mom, his dad, you, me & Shawn would be a sitcom happy family. He gives her the box of matches, she says they should go outside somewhere, anywhere, get out of the house. They leave.

Caroline, Roman & Shawn are at the Pub, sitting around a table, chatting about the return of Bo, the party, and trying to talk Shawn into coming back to Salem, letting Claire get to know her cousins. Shawn says he & Belle have had a lot of conversations, but he isn't making any decisions about this yet.

Abby is in the final stages of labor, Ben is getting worse as he refuses to let her go to a hospital, waves his gun around. When his back is turned, Abby grabs the phone, making eye contact with Wendy, who starts telling Ben he needs to strip the bed, clean sheet, and get a container for warm water. He is really losing it. Abby manages to start texting Chad I guess, under a blanket that is covering her (probably so we don't see those tight jeans, lol) She gets a super sharp pain, her hand comes out, as she grabs the arm rest, dropping the phone. Ben see, has a fit. Is yelling about her having the baby there, as he stomps her phone to pieces. She is begging and pleading with him, that the baby, when born, will need special care, this is too early, but Ben is adamant. She is having terrible pains, is crying for her mom, she wants to go home, she is scared, she is begging to no avail.

Kayla & Steve arrive back at the hospital, both in good spirits, another note left for Steve at the desk. Says something like "Just when you think you figured it out". Kayla's phone rings, she thinks it is Bo, but it is Hope, who can't even speak, she is crying so hard. Kayla asks where she is, but hope just drops the phone, and is laying across Bo again.
But Steve & Kayla do arrive, Kayla checks...he is gone. Kayla is crying as well, Steve is kneeling beside Hope, stroking her head. We hear sirens, Steve and Kayla try to get Hope up. No, no, she will not leave him. Finally, they manage to get her up, Kayla holding her, as Steve kneels down beside his best friend, his "bro". (gosh, this is hard to write, Steve broke my heart). He holds Bo, tells him to rest in peace now, kisses Bo's forehead, tells him he loves him. He then takes off his own jacket, and slowly places it over Bo's face, then buries his head beside Bo as he sobs.

The ambulance is taking Bo away, Hope has his jacket, all 3 are crying. Kayla goes to where the oak sapling was put in the ground, Steve joins her, and together, they finish planting it. Later, Steve and Kayla are outside the Pub, she wants to go in alone. Steve then leaves. Kayla is standing there, crying, Caroline comes out, telling her to come in. She does. They all see she is crying, Roman gets up, as does Shawn. What is wrong. Kayla is silent, just crying, camera on Caroline, who realizes what her earlier vision meant.

Victor & Maggie are in their darkened house, the doorbell rings. Who could that be at this hour. Victor goes to the door, turns on the light, opens the door where stands the somber Steve. What is wrong, what happened. Steve replies "It's Bo".

Hope returns home, turns on the light, calls out for Ciara. No answer. She turns the light out, sinks to the floor against the door.

Last edited:
I think today's episode aired with minimal commercials. The first one didn't happen until 1:10 when it usually happens around 1:06. I only know this because I prepare my lunch on the first commercial break. :) The scenes seemed longer overall too.

They had the right mix of Brady characters on today. I was surprised they didn't find out about Bo for the entire episode. It really does seem like time is standing still.

I really thought Ciara and Chase had gone to the Pub as well. Maybe they still are? I was hoping to see everyone's reactions at once.

Interesting to see Marlena, Victor and Maggie pop up at the end. I could care less about Sami but I do like seeing the vets in action.

Someone needs to take Ben down anytime now!

I wonder if we will see the end of this day and the beginning of the next day on tomorrow's episode.

Thanks Barb. These past 2 days have been difficult to summarize I'm sure.

These last two episodes have been so good. I cried from start to finish on Friday's episode. Today I lost it when Steve took his jacket off and covered Bo's face and then again when he took Bo's coat and put it on Hope. Based on how it ended today I'm guessing we won't see the actual scenes of Bo's loved ones finding out onscreen. I don't know, I just feel like this Salem day has lasted long enough so I'm thinking tomorrow's episode will be the next morning. Just a hunch.

This Ben/Abby thing needs to move already! Ben is a total psycho and I don't know how much longer I can stand it. Poor Wendy doesn't stand a chance. I imagine after she delivers the baby Ben will kill her.

Sorry but I found Chase and Ciara a little boring today but I understand they needed something to fill the space. I did like the scenes between Shawn, Roman, and Caroline though.

Gee, I was so shocked that Sami wasn't in the dungeon when they got there. :rolleyes: Is it too much to ask that we do not have to see her ever again? Or at least not in this ridiculous storyline? I like John and Marlena involved with the DiMera story but I wish they would have put that on hold until after this Bo story played out because I would rather they had been involved in that instead. I feel like it's going to be an afterthought once they find out about Bo dying.

Thanks for the summary of today's Days of Our Deaths episode. :rotfl:

But really, other than the dull Sami storyline, what a show!! I'm tearing up just reading about it!! Poor Hope. And Steve is killing me. :cry::cry::cry: I may not have liked how this turned out, but it's sad and good acting nonetheless! I thought for sure that Ciara and Chase would learn the truth today.

Ben should've died instead of Bo!! Can't STAND him!

Lil0, so sorry to hear of your loss. Take care, my friend. My thoughts are with you.

My mind escaped me today and I couldn't figure out who Steve went to see before we saw who it was!

I also liked the scene with just Shawn, Roman and Caroline. I felt so bad for Kayla for having to break the news. :(

As far as Abby and Ben, I am just so worried about the baby!!

I hope we get to see everyone finding out and not just after they know. I think that would be a loss for viewers to not see the reactions. They are all going to be so shocked. Well, except Caroline of course. I hope they leave Bo dead now that they killed him and in a few years we don't have a miraculous recovery if Peter Reckell (Bo) decides to come back. I still wish Hope had Aiden to lean on now. Really hoping she has good story coming.

I thought the Ciara/Chase scenes were interesting especially with Chase asking did he kill my mom? I hope they don't go that way. They have trashed Aiden enough. Honestly I kind of hope that Chase remembers what happened and realizes his dad was protecting him.

Ben is a psycho and this needs to end now.

The aftermath of Bo's death was done very well, as where the scenes with Ciara & Chase and the Brady Clan. Please let Abby's ordeal end. Finally I absolutely detested the Sami centric part of the program, yuck. I'm angry John and Marlena are being wasted in this travesty when they should be mourning Bo along with the other vets.

I hope we get to see everyone finding out and not just after they know. I think that would be a loss for viewers to not see the reactions.

I completely agree with you. I think we will see the day pass tomorrow maybe halfway through or towards the end of the episode.

I would also like to see a scene with Hope, Ciara AND Shawn-Douglas together. I think it would be realistic if they ended this Salem day with the 3 of them lying in Bo and Hope's bed together.

Another fine job by the actors in portraying the untimely death of a core Days character. Elsewhere, people weren't doing so well. 1) The crime scene clean-up crew: Why did they leave behind that blood-stained carpet and not arrange for the immediate repair of the front door?; 2) Chase: Burning matches won't help, but nobody should worry about him burning down the Brady home. It's harder than you'd think as Willow Stark could indicate if she was still around; 3) Kayla: It's not her fault, but could there have been any worse response to the just bereaved Hope's call -- "Hi, how's it going?"; 4) John and Marlena: Why haven't they told Roman that his daughter has been kidnapped? Don't they think he'd like to know? And blundering into the DiMansion and making threats usually doesn't work very well; 5) Andre: How could he tell the Phoenix that the new Sami situation is "beyond what you're used to dealing with." Good grief, the man has handled death so well that he's back in the land of the living.

Back