Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 24, 2014

Depending on what country you're entering the US from, Customs & Border Control can be very lax or very strict. I've entered the country from Canada and the Caribbean in the last year and I zoomed right through customs without them opening a bag. She could have theoretically not declared the money and they never opened her bag for inspection.

But this is Salem, USA and I'm sure the same rules that apply to HIPAA apply to Salem International Airport.

You're absolutely right, HM. Jennifer has always been whining about Daniel being a sort of mentor to JJ, but he leaves her out. I think it's because Daniel actually treats him like an adult; Jennifer acts like a child, so maybe that's why she can never treat her son like he's grown. She needs to realize that asking him questions directly would be the best way to get close to JJ and help him, not gossiping with people behind his back or trying to set up appointments with Marlena.

Depending on what country you're entering the US from, Customs & Border Control can be very lax or very strict. I've entered the country from Canada and the Caribbean in the last year and I zoomed right through customs without them opening a bag. She could have theoretically not declared the money and they never opened her bag for inspection.
Back in the early 1980s, before they had the "nothing-to-declare" line and everyone had to through Customs, I worked at JFK Airport as a temporary summer inspector (they used to hire teachers, law students, medical students, etc. for these jobs.) Back then, Americans coming from Canada and the Caribbean got only the most cursory inspections, as did teenagers and twenty-somethings coming from non-drug-source countries and older Americans in general. American tourists in their 30's, 40's, and early 50's coming from places like Paris or Rome might be checked for undeclared luxury merchandise, and residents of the Caribbean and India would be questioned about possessing banned agricultural products like mangoes. In contrast, virtually everyone arriving from Colombia was given a 100% inspection. Thus, if dear Melanie had been coming from there or other drug-source-countries, her stash of cash would certainly have been discovered.

LOL, you all are too funny - this episode was a bore. I didn't even like the Chad/Sonny scenes, they seemed too forced. Is Chad supposed to tell Sonny everything? He's been a silent partner in the business for years, why does it matter if he's a CEO of Dimera? And what's with this dumb feud-esque talk?

The thing is, since Chad returned, he has been sticking his nose into running the club. He has interfered with the help, accused one wrongly of theft, even refusing to give the guy's own money back to him. Sonny has been honest, always giving him, all this while, 50% share of the profits, even tho Chad did not spend a single minute working in the club, or for the club.
So Chad returns, immediately begins causing trouble, but o.k. he is a partner. So Sonny works on opening a 2nd club. Therefore, if Chad is going to be doing something which is bound to take up a great deal of his time, then he is obliged to let his partner know.

I actually think you're both right, JasonDi and Poirot, even though it may seem contradictory. I agree with Poirot that Sonny has a legitimate beef with Chad not telling him about his other fulltime commitment. But I also think the argument should have stayed about that and not veered into Kiriakis vs Dimera feud territory.

edited to write out word....JS

Back