Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 7, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 7, 2016

Deimos is restless, worried that the doctor just left them there, & despite Nicole reminding him that he insisted on getting the results right away. Chloe repeats that he is not the father, Deimos goes to check the lap, make sure no one screws up the samples. This leaves Chloe to berate (deservedly in my opinion) Nicole for bringing Deimos even though she knew Chloe was hiding from him, due to his harassment of her. Nicole tries to make excuses, what a nice guy Deimos is really. Chloe says she is blind to what he is, that heck, Nicole had even called to warn her about him. Deimos returns, the lab threw him out. More nonsensical conversation, he impatiently goes to check the results, returns, and guess what, he is not the father, but tells Chloe he feels sorry for whoever is, as she will either withhold the child, or make his life a living hell. He goes to leave, asking Nicole if she is coming. Nicole looks at Chloe......yes, I am, we are done here.

Chloe calls Philip, needs to talk wants to see him now. They meet, he is there for her, and she tells him the entire truth. How she offered to be the surrogate for Nicole & Daniel, and then it did not take, Nicole was devastated. Then after Daniel died, and Nicole was so heartbroken, she thought maybe having a child of Daniel's would help her, so tried again, not needing Nicole's permission. She did not want her to become upset again if it failed this time. Chloe was told it did not take, Philip guesses the rest. He also realizes that she is now reluctant to tell Nicole because of Deimos (Nicole has told Chloe it is not love yet, but something is there) but Philip warns her that Nicole IS the mother. He also tells her that when they pretended to be a couple, he realized something, I love you, Chloe. She is surprised, did not expect this. He doesn't expect her to say she loves him too, or anything, just wants her to know that whatever happens, he has her back. She clasps his hand.

Meanwhile Deimos is telling Nicole how much it meant to him to be able to at last have someone he could trust. She proved herself to him. He is so grateful.

At the Horton house, JJ has come home today, Jen & Gabi fussing over him. Jen leaves the room, Gabi is so happy JJ is out of the hospital, lays across him, Julie comes in, snarking that doing that Gabi will be sending JJ back to the hospital. She decides to leave, has to deliver something to Chad, will be back later. They kiss, Jen stops before coming in, watching. Gabi is gone, Julie off to pick up some chowder for JJ, (the Brady/Horton cure all) leaving Jen & JJ alone. She fusses a bit, talks of how much Gabi cares for him, stayed at the hospital all the town, even making the music collection, putting the ear buds in his ear. Then she turns into the Inquisitor, pressing him about how he talked while unconscious, constantly saying I am sorry to Gabi. He tries to brush it off, she is persistent, but finally stops, she should not badger him. But now, JJ owns up to cheating on Gabi. The day the search for plane crash survivors was called off, Abby declared dead, JJ was alone, upset, went down to the hotel bar, ordered a drink, and another, and another, until he no longer felt the pain. He thinks he must have blacked out, as next thing he remembers is waking up in his room, monumental hangover, no clothes on, empty tequila bottle on the floor, and a napkin with kisses on it, message, too, reading that was an absolutely amazing night....call me. (something like that). Jennifer is understanding, is sorry, talks of him moving forward from this, mentions telling Gabi. Oh, he was going to do so when he returned home, but evidently chickened out.

Face it, mom, I am a cheater. She thinks the two of them could get past this.

At DiMansion, Kate is hugging Chad, heard all about Hope confessing to killing Stefano, is smiling as she figures Hope has to pay, she is a cop, supposed to uphold law & order. Chad says he & Andre will make sure, Kate thinks he should leave it to Andre, concentrate on shining up the tarnished DiMera business name. They talk....Chad is taking prospective investors to a symphony, probably will be bored, but they are into classical music. Gabi arrives with a couple garment bags, so he will look the part. Kate joins in, thumbs down on the velvet one, big o.k. on the other suit, conservative, like Bradley Bush & his wife. Kate thinks Gabi should go along, Chad concurs, she figures she has nothing to wear, Chad gives her his credit card, off she goes, returning in a red, low cut number, and with the shoulder straps hanging down off her shoulders, almost looks like the dress is going to fall off her, lol. Chad is impressed, off they go, next is conversation with the Bushes.Bradley seems to be reluctant to commit to investing, tho they are enjoying Chad & Gabi's company tonight. They end up at DiMansion eventually, with Mrs. Bush inquiring as to why Chad is wearing a wedding ring. Gabi explains his wife passing away a few months ago, the woman gets a gleam in her eye. Thomas cries, Gabi goes to check, the wife sends husband out to the car for her shawl, then makes the moves on Chad. He rejects her, talks of her being the wife of a prospective investor. She insists he won't get anywhere, unless he cozies up to her, and goes to kiss Chad. Gabi has overheard this, strides into the room, saying, get off him, he is MY MAN, planting a big kiss on Chad.

So, how long until some new character strolls into Salem with bun in the oven, pinning it on JJ?? His comments about never seeing her again only means one thing. She'll show up in Salem at some point.

Well, at least he didn't sleep with Gabi's mom this time.

So, how long until some new character strolls into Salem with bun in the oven, pinning it on JJ?? His comments about never seeing her again only means one thing. She'll show up in Salem at some point.

Well, at least he didn't sleep with Gabi's mom this time.
Please, please pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeee, JS, don't say that out loud.

I've had enough with baby storylines and girls getting pregnant the first time they sleep with a guy. Oh my god........everyone in the world knows or has heard about birth control except the folks in Salem. Get a clue Salemites.......the rhythm method is outdated and never did work. Birth control is easily available, whether it be in the form of a regular pill, morning after pill or hey guys.......EVER HEAR OF A CONDOM?? I think the show, in my opinion, needs to stay away from baby storylines for at least a year and let these people having babies, learn to be parents.

Sorry for my rant, but I just feel Days uses baby storylines so much, I am over sick and tired of baby stories regardless of the drama it brings, and if I wanted to watch a show about babies, I'd tune into Muppet Babies or something like that.

P.S. - Plus it's Monday and I'm cranky so I could be over reacting a bit. LOL!

What is happening to our beloved DOOL? The writing is boring and predictable, which isn't unusual lately. There are no surprises or "WOW, I didn't see that coming" twists and turns.

Nothing I've seen in awhile is sweeps worthy nor does it have me on the edge of my seat in anticipation for the next day's episode. We're seeing the same recycled sagas over and over. Days is the only soap I watch, so are the others the same?

Muzza........I don't think you're alone in enough already with babies and pregnancies. I do realize, in this case, the actress was pregnant in real life, so they decided to take advantage of that, but we have had Tate, Thomas, this one soon, and Ari & Parker a few years before. They all will probably be in the same high school class in the future, as well. LOL

Laughing still at Gabi "rescuing" Chad from a bad situation. Quick thinking. LOL

Keep in mind Jeannie T sleeping with Brady last week was also probably an anvil.

Didn't Lani leave Salem to go to Miami? JJ specifically said Miami and that's the thought that popped up in my mind. We know she was after Rafe and Shawn as well so it seems she has a thing for other cops so could it be her possibly? Anyway, I'm not happy with this turn of events for JJ and hope it's some type of set up by the woman involved. I do like that JJ has no memory of this happening rather than him intentionally cheating. And I liked that he brought up Eve. Good scenes. Dare I hope we see him again this week?

I like Chloe and Philip together though he does seem a bit over the top sometimes. Glad she confided in him.

Nicole is dead to me. I actually hope that Deimos screws her over at some point. Just so she can get away from him once and for all. It almost seems like he is controlling her.

The Chad/Gabi/investor stuff was random and filler. I would have rather seen more scenes with Gabi and JJ. It's really hard to get vested in some of these secondary couples because we never see them. Every episode features some combination of Hope, Deimos and/or Jeannie T and when they are on, they suck up most of the air time.

we have had Tate, Thomas, this one soon, and Ari & Parker

Since they SORASed the teens and Sami's kids left town, I actually think the show is short on younger children. I'm guessing Ari and Parker will be SORASed to older kids some time in the near future. Tate is already a toddler as well.

So I'm ok with more babies, I just wish they'd come from actual loving couples with chemistry. Belle/Shawn, Chloe/anyone but Deimos, Gabi/JJ, etc. I'd also be ok with Nicole revisiting the surrogracy thing on her own or finding a way to adopt. Though I still want her to find out Daniel Rafael is alive.

Just a few comments on today's featured characters.

JJ: On the upside, he made a recovery from his coma that was so rapid that it would make coma king John Black jealous. On the downside, his inner thoughts and secret guilt were being probed by professional busybody Jenny. How would she have reacted if he's said about the Miami tryst: "Relax, Mom, just be glad that it wasn't Eve."

Kate: She told Chad that Hope should be punished for murdering the Phoenix. Since when does the lethal brownie-baker believe in accountability?

Nicole: She needs new friends. Right now, she's stuck with the duplicitous Chloe and the obsessive would-be baby daddy Deimos.

Gabi: her low-cut gown would have impressed cleavage queen Chloe. It also would have given Julie another reason for Julie not to like her. (Julie: "Jennifer, JJ can do so much better than that immodest, homicidal woman".)

Philly K.: He actually said that he was in love with Chloe. When Victor finds out, the Shaggy One just might be exiled to the Kiriakis version of the outer darkness.

Vicki Bush: This amorous blueblood is a disgrace to Salem's social elite. If she knew about the blonde socialite's advances toward Chad, Mrs. van Hopper would certainly not be amused.

Last edited:
Nicole said that she tired walking away from Deimos and that it hasn't worked. Surely she's familiar with the old adage "If at first you don't succeed try, try again?" Don't give up Nicole, I have faith in you. :)

Does anybody remember the old Tex Avery cartoon in which the big bad Wolf sees a beautiful woman and and his eyes pop out, his heart starts beating so hard it almost bursts out of his chest, he cries out "Arooga, Arooga!" and beats with himself in the head with a giant mallet? If the answer is yes you do remember that then you know what my reaction was when I saw Gabi in that red dress. LOL

As far as the scenes with Chad, Gabi and the Bushes are concerned I agree with Heather they were just filler but I think a little filler is okay. I don't think those scenes were entirely successful but I do appreciate the attempt at a little levity. As far as the kiss goes, well being firmly Team Gabi and JJ I could have done without it to be honest but ultimately I don't think it means anything so I I didn't mind too much.

Now as to the brief scenes between Gabi and JJ went they brought a big ol' smile to my face. Then of course Julie had to ruin it. I'm hoping that there will come to a point where Gabi will stand up to Julie. Because seeing her be treated like doormat is going to get old.

I learned a lesson on today episode that I had forgotten and that's not to take spoilers or promos just at face value. Because after hearing JJ's tale of woe I don't think he even cheated. I think one of these things happened: 1) Someone watched JJ get plastered in the hotel and "picked" him up in order to take him back to his room to rob him. But it doesn't sound like he was robbed; b) Someone is trying set JJ up for some nefarious purpose to be revealed later but who would do such a thing? Which leads to option C: Nick is alive and has been watching JJ and Gabi from the shadows. He followed JJ to Miami and set him up planning to "expose JJ" later and cause my couple heart ache.

Honestly option C was meant as a joke but Orpheus returned after being presumed "dead" for 30 years. So maybe it's not so far-fetched after all.

Anyway I jumped the gun and prejudged JJ too harshly for which I feel truly ashamed. *hangs head*

Thanks for the summary.

On one hand, these stories do seem to moving along at a nice pace, all of them (plus we were treated to a break from the Hope drama). On the other, they're disappointing. Why did JJ have to cheat? We just saw this with Paige? It's been 5 years since the infamous grief sex, and these writers STILL haven't gotten it through their heads that normal people don't have sex when they're grieving?!

And now I bet Gabi will go to Chad and be in the sack with him. Imagine what would happen if a still-alive Abigail returned and saw her husband in bed with her best friend, after said friend was with her little brother. Jeez.

Chloe is wrong for not telling Nicole the truth, but Nicole is an idiot for taking back Deimos. This is ridiculous and unlike her character in some ways. As for Philip loving Chloe, who cares? Boring.

Anyway, I'm not happy with this turn of events for JJ and hope it's some type of set up by the woman involved.
It sounds like they may have just had an enjoyable night, there might not have been any hanky-panky. They could have spent all night talking and he doesn't remember it. I'm hoping for more creativity here. (I'm not holding my breath, though.) JJ sure thinks a lot of his ...performance to be so presumptious about the 'great' time this mystery woman had. (After all, downing a bottle of tequila might have caused him to ...let's say ruin... his clothes, rather than doff them for a hayroll.)

Didn't Lani leave Salem to go to Miami? JJ specifically said Miami and that's the thought that popped up in my mind. We know she was after Rafe and Shawn as well so it seems she has a thing for other cops so could it be her possibly?
Seems plausible. Her character was so ill-defined she could return and be revealed as the Salem Strangler, the Riverfront Knifer, Orpheus' daughter, and the Necktie Strangler and I wouldn't blink.

I was hoping Jenn would make this face again:
Jen's face 1.jpg

Back