Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 10, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 10, 2016

Steve & Kayla at the hospital, Kayla hugging Joey, so glad he is safe. He wants to go home, but they have to go meet with John & Marlena, iron out a plan to get the trio of terror. Joey wants to go along, Kayla suggests he stay with other teens at hospital, no, Steve agrees. Joey spent a lot of time with the guys, could give info.

Deimos & Nicole are talking, she is going to leave, he wants her to be safe, stay there, they soon get into the sex on the sofa routine. She is still wearing those cut up rags she had on the other day (sorry, but that is what it looks like) and they talk of the great generator there at the house. Clothes are coming off, Brady spies them, Cue the embarrassment. He is looking for Tate's bunny. Nicole gets her clothes back on, apologizes, no need to from Brady. He doesn't like her being with Deimos, but, if she is happy, o.k. He goes upstairs, Theresa goes babbling on and on about not getting sleep, Tate up all night, she doesn't like being there, Vic treats her badly, blah, blah. brady listens, is sympathetic, and soon he & Theresa are going to do the horizontal mambo.

At their apt., Marlena is going over her profiles on each of the escapees, as John, Steve, Kayla & joey listen. They all agree this helps them know which button to push on each, get them to come out of their hiding spot, thus enabling them to get the bad guys on the good guys' turf. Agreed, everyone has to stick together, united front. Joey tells how Orpheus talked of his kids, then was mad that he opened up, and how they all ragged on each other individually. So, they really are not united, better for the good guys.

Interrupting the lovemaking sessions, John calls Brady & Theresa, Marlena calls Deimos, wants to see him & Nicole. Steve & Kayla call Chad, want to see him & Kate...no Andre, who gets a bit miffed that he is ordered to leave the premises.

In each case, it is laid out about working together, no DiMera vs. Kiriakis feud, etc. All that has to be put aside. John warns Brady that Orpheus will be after him, because of being John's son, Xander after Theresa. Brady explains the raid on the docks was his idea, orders, not Deimos's. John figured as much.

Steve & Kayla tell Kate since Clyde tried to kill her twice already, she is to be the bait to draw him out. Chad is in to protect his son from Clyde, but doesn't like that idea about Kate being the lure. Marlena is telling all the same to Deimos & Nicole. Deimos wants Nicole to be out of it...but Marlena notes that Nicole has a mind of her own, and he has to know no one tells her what she should or should not do. Nicole agrees with this, can speak for herself.

The emphasis is on everyone working together, to which all agree, but we, the audience have yet to hear the exact plan.

Theresa & Brady go home, talk about Xander being after her, but soon are back to what they were doing before the phone call. Same goes for Deimos & Nicole, who this time, go upstairs to the bedroom.

John, Marlena, Steve, Kayla, Joey all are back at the apartment. Everyone is on board. Each of the bad guys has an achilles' heel. They will use that.

Chad is reading a story to Thomas (oh, soooo cute!) then talks to him about promising his mama he would keep him safe, have him grow up to be a good man.

Kate goes home, to find Andre waiting for her, eager to learn what the meeting was all about. She nicely says goodnight Andre, goes upstairs. He smiles, hmmm, well, something is going on, and I will be finding out what it is.

Someone did mention the cops, but Kayla said they need assistance. LOL. I liked Lucas talking to his mom about her carrying on with Andre (which she denied, saying it was only platonic) as she always goes for homicidal maniacs. LOL

Today was a good, but not great, show. I like that our heroes are going all-out.

I do not love Nicole and Deimos. It's like the new writers just decided they'd be in love, and hence, they are. :rolleyes:

Jeannie T has worked my last good nerve.

HOW did any writer ever think they could just ship John off the canvas? He is gold and he was 70% of today's show. Steve is fantastic. And I loved Lucas telling Kate off. I think it'd be fun if Kate was killed by Clyde because she goes rogue and doesn't follow the plan.

As silly as André's return was/is/always will be, I am enjoying his snark in scenes with Chad and/or Kate. I like that he was kept out of the loop today.

The episode moved quickly and most of the pacing worked well. It was one of those episodes where I was shocked when it was over...lately that makes it an A episode. :)

No cops needed for this plan, eh? lol As always, Salem PD is in the dark.
There have been many lows for the Salem P.D. over the years, but this is the lowest. They simply can't catch the crooks, so some civilians come up with a master plan in which the police and city government are reduced to little helpers. As for John's master plan, it seems to involve luring the bad guys with human bait. Has he also considered leaving a trail of crumbs and/or bowls of irresistible Pub chowder that will lead the Orpheus Gang straight to the waiting arms of Roman, Hope, and Rafe. The revelation of the day was that Andre is "good company." Really? Who knew? Finally, just how is Kate attracting previously-reluctant investors -- her business acumen, her charm, or the skills she acquired working with Maddie as one of Stefano's five-star hookers?

Today wasn't good or bad.

I do like how John/Marlena are leading the show with Steve/Kayla as their sidekicks. But I think this would be much more impactful if Belle were in Salem and a target of Orpheus as she is John and Marlena's only child together. Yes I know Brady is too but I think Belle would be a bigger target.

James Lastovic (Joey) worked well with the adults. I foresee a career in law enforcement. Too bad we can't get scenes with him and his cousin JJ.

I liked Steve looking out for Adrienne. If we can't get scenes with them, I'll take a mention.:rolleyes:

Today was pop up Lucas day.

So Marlena left the townhouse to go to the KMansion just so Brady and Jeannie T could leave the KMansion to go to the townhouse? Okay then.

I'm over Deimos as well. Why can't Justin or Philip be the head Kiriakis? That would make more sense.

Nicole's dress looks ridiculous, not stylish and way too tight.

If Jeannie T woke up 9 times, where was Brady?

John said he called Roman and he's supposed to tell Hope and Rafe about the plan.

I kept wondering where the nanny was because Theresa was complaining she had to get
up during the night with Tate. Later, Emma was mentioned, but why doesn't she help
more often especially at night?

There were some interesting lines. Joey mentioned the new hideout sort of looked like
the old one. Probably the same reason the alleys look alike :)

Steve was surprised Chad wasn't doing more to help find the bad guys. Chad replied
"I assumed the police were doing their job" LOL

Kate says she likes Andre because he reminds of her old friend Tony.

I laughed when Brady came in the living room with Deimos and Nicole. I mentioned
after Deimos locked the door the last time there was another way in that room.

Hopefully, we learn soon if the plan works or not.

I don't know if it's because of John and Steve's past with the ISA but I couldn't help but hear the "Mission Impossible" theme play as Marlena and the gang were putting the rest of their "crew" together. I really wish someone would have said "Your mission should you decide to accept.." LOL

I found it interesting that while we heard a lot about the "plan" we didn't hear what it was. Nice job keeping us in suspense writers. And just to be clear I don't mean that sarcastically at all this time. I really mean nice job.

I thought Steve and Kayla were kind of an odd choice to recruit Chad and Kate but it was a nice touch to have Kayla sk about their great nephew. Because I had honestly forgotten that Thomas was any relation to Steve at all.

Today wasn't good or bad.

I do like how John/Marlena are leading the show with Steve/Kayla as their sidekicks. But I think this would be much more impactful if Belle were in Salem and a target of Orpheus as she is John and Marlena's only child together. Yes I know Brady is too but I think Belle would be a bigger target.

I know I haven't posted here in a while, been lurking on the rare occasions when I can get here because I haven't had to the time to post. I agree about Belle but, "Brady is too" what? He's not John and Marlena's child together. He's John and Isabella's (which I know Heather knows).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, hard to believe Brady slept through Tate crying and Jeannie T getting up nine times during the night. Not like Tate's in another wing of the K-Mansion.

Disagree. I got up to all my kids, almost every time, and the middle one was a shocking sleeper. I know I've gotten up nine times in a night and my husband has slept right through it all. He's a heavy sleeper, unless I basically punch him in the arm and shriek "GET UP AND DEAL WITH THIS!" he won't even stir. And I thought her breakdown was pretty accurate for someone anxious and sleep deprived too.

Maybe the nanny is a day nanny only and clocks off whenever Tate goes to bed? I don't know.

Lucas got the line of the day when he said to Kate "[Andre's] your type, he's a homicidal maniac, you love those guys." :rotfl:

Joey may have been held captive but get a haircut already or how about a comb. Put that on your Christmas list. This look ranks right up with Claire's tendrils moving every time she blinks, which is constant.

Someone really pop Aiden this time. It probably will be Hope and that's alright by me. He has no proof Hope helped him destroy evidence. Melinda Trask can be DA. She is a big enough pain for that. Billy Bob Dimwit and Xander can be 'eliminated' and no one will shed a tear. If Roman could be left to do his job without all the know-it-all yahoos butting in, things might get done.

The police are never allowed to do anything because the families jump in and screw it up. Or Salem should just go to a volunteer police department. Put JJ on meter maid duty or helping spoiled brats who break windows at the Horton Town Square. He is qualified to assist in that and offer life lessons.

Theresa is spot on with being tense. Brady is clueless. But, you know, I cannot get too sappy for them, because you don't need a nanny to raise your child. At least Theresa is trying. Where is Anne?? I need something to bring some lightness to the patter other than Lucas telling his mother psychotic maniacs are her type.

Let's make Caroline the Gun Moll and round everybody up at the Brady Pub.

Maybe Belle can defend Hope if she is indeed in need of a lawyer; unless the "Lincoln Lawyer" and his car are available.

Thanks for the summary.

This was a good episode, I think. Love that the veterans had something to do, and that the heroes seem to be united against the villains. Joey was also used wisely--for some reason I always feel that he, and Theo, should interact more with each other or with the adults than Ciara or Claire. Maybe just because who their parents are or something. I guess the same could be said of Ciara too but she gets on my nerves, and sadly, her mother isn't the character she used to be.

Nice to see Lucas on today. I'm still just not feeling Deimos and Nicole--not that they're terrible, but it feels so random and forced. And I do hope Brady and Theresa get married soon and move on to another storyline.

I thought it was funny when they were discussing the plan and Steve said, "you think it's smart to get civilians involved?" What, are they all deputized now?

This bugs me too. We've had numerous scenes with John and/or Steve having meetings at the police station with no cops present. I don't mind seeing them in this type of storyline but at least deputize one of them.

Back