Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 13, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 13, 2014

Today deals mostly with the aftermath of EJ's death, with most of the episode devoted to Sami in the morgue with EJ's body. She talks to EJ, thru her tears, goes thru their time together, from when they met, the period when she hated him more anything, various flashbacks from various periods in their lives. She proclaims her love for him, to him, finally crawling up on the metal slab, next to him, picking up his arm, putting it around her neck, as she snuggles up against his chest and continues talking to him. She proclaims her love over and over, promises to raise the children as they has talked about, to keep them safe from Stefano, and cries.

Elsewhere, Chad & Kate are in the Pub, talking of their partnership to do in Stefano & EJ, who Chad says is dead to him.
Roman is with the kids, encouraging them to go color on their tablets, as they wait for their parents. He just tells them something came up, so the parents could not come to the party. Marlena calls him, he goes out in the foyer, tells her what happened. Marlena is horrified, is going to go to Sami immediately. Roman tells her to bring Sami some clothes, hers are covered in EJ's blood.

Kristen is in her room, raging against John, going on and on about it being Theresa who did it, grabbing a pillow, slamming it on a chair a few times as she shouts out how much she hates John. Her phone rings, it is Father, who tells her that Elvis is dead, shot in the park. Kristen is shocked, needs a minute, Stefano just says to stay by her phone. He calls Chad to tell him. Chad doesn't believe it at first, but Stefano assures him it is so.
Chad hangs up, tells Kate, who calls Roman for verification. Chad feels terrible, mentioning the last thing he said to EJ was that if he turned up dead, he deserved it. He thinks he & Kate should move out, she says no, they have to stay there at DiMansion for the children.
With EJ gone, Stefano will want to get his hands on the kids, not let Sami raise them, so they have to stay and protect the kids.

Stefano calls someone, a couple of times, insisting time is of essence, let him know immediately.

Sami is talking to EJ, crying, when Marlena comes in, puts his hand on her shoulder. Sami is sobbing, removes EJ's arm from around her neck, slips off the slab, still talking to him, kissing his cheek. Her mother holds her as she cries on her shoulder. She asks about the kids, Roman took them to the house. Sami has to go, has to be the one to tell them, before the overhear anyone. Marlena tells her she has to change her clothes, Sami looks down at her blood soaked top. Nods.
She fixes the sheet, kisses EJ lightly on the lips, tells him she will carry him with her all the time, his heartbeat. Marlena leads her out, Sami is wailing. She sees Rafe, thanks him for getting them there, for keeping the press away. He tells her it is all o.k. if she needs anything, just ask him. He holds her as she cries on his shoulder. Marlena asks Abe to arrange for a room for Sami to change, he does. She asks Abe if Theo knows. Abe will tell Theo in the morning, and will say that it is comforting to know his uncle is now with his mother, Lexie. Sami gives a weak smile.

Kristen sits in the dark, thinking of EJ, of how she threatened to destroy him, (flashback) but she is murmuring she "didn't want him gone".
Stefano is sitting, looking at Elvis' picture, flashing back to when Elvis crawled on his knees to him, and to when he told Elvis he was testing him, and he deserves the DiMera name, passed with flying colors. He tells the picture that he really loved him, always loved him.

Sami arrives home, is in the foyer, looking up the stairs, and then in the mirror, as she has flashbacks of herself & EJ. She is crying. Roman comes out, holds her as she cries on his shoulder. Marlena comes in, Sami asks about the kids, Roman tells of them coloring on their tablets in the study. She wipes her face, her eyes, takes deep breaths, and goes into the room, followed by Roman & Marlena. Johnny takes off his glasses, "where is Dad".She sits down with the kids, Johnny telling her she looks wierd. Sami explains that something happened, and she has to tell them about it.
The camera now moves to outside the French doors, and we just see, don't hear, Sami talking to the kids. Sydney on her lap, Allie on one side of her, Johnny sitting on the arm of the sofa. Sami is talking, the kids listening, and then the kids all bury their faces into Sami as they do a sort of group hug.

As Kristen sits in the dark, Father calls. He tells her he needs for her to do something, she asks what is up. He interrupts, just listen, very, very carefully.

We are back in the morgue, looking down at Elvis' body on the slab. The camera pans down to his arm, we see a hypo being inserted, blue gloves on the hand. The camera pans upwards, and it is Kristen, holding the hypo, injecting into Elvis' arm.

LOL, Boy, I mentioned elsewhere the drug that can make you appear dead.....Looks like maybe EJ MAY have gotten a dose of that.
Unless Dr. Chyka has perfected a drug that brings the dead back to life ???? Wonder how they account for all the blood Elvis lost?

Thanks for the summary! I had the tv on, muted, and looked briefly at times, while I was getting lunch. Mostly all I saw were flashbacks of Sami and EJ's happy moments. I was afraid the whole show would be that, in which case I wouldn't care to watch. But after reading your summary, I am interested to watch.

Sami sobbing over who's going to walk Sydney down the aisle or help Allie finish the origami cranes?? How about Allie's FATHER or maybe their beloved former stepfather, Rafe??? Or their grandpa Roman or step-grandpa, John??

Yeah, and I am thinking that Stefano's impatience about "time is of the essence", was because Sami was with him for so long.
Great security at the hospital. How did Kristen get into the morgue???

And why wasn't EJ put into the "locker" after Sami left?

The only other thing....while I think Sami's sorrow and grief was effectively done (and kudos to Alison Sweeney for the performance) I cannot remember seeing a single tear on her face. I did keep looking.
But......I did see that from Stefano.

I think Sami was saying that she didn't know "who" was going to walk Sydney down the aisle, or help Allie with the origami cranes, but whoever it was......EJ better be standing right there with her (Sami).

I can't buy Sami's grief over EJ's death any more than I could buy their lock, stock and barrel smoochy-moochy love story.

I felt more emotion watching Rafe comfort Sami than I did with her blubbering over EJ's corpse.

Kate talking about EJ being a good dad made me laugh. What about when he threw Nicole and Sydney out into the street, penniless? Or when he forced Sami to tell Johnny she no longer loved him? Or when he yanked Johnny and Sydney from Sami's arms at her wedding to Rafe? Or when he sent Rafe2 in to terrorize the children, especially Allie?

I am sorry, but this episode left me more aggravated and frustrated than ever. So now, we are supposed to believe that Sami and EJ had such a wonderful love story, filled with happy moments ? :eek::sick: Really, as good as the acting was (though I hate the character of Sami, pretty much always have, I must say the actress did a good job), I will never buy her grief. And when Sami said "You were worth everything, EJ !", I was disgusted. So, does that include her rape, the kidnapping of Sydney, the kidnapping of Rafe, the whole Rafe 2 debacle, Lucas almost getting killed, etc. ? :sick::sick::beat::beat:And now, just when I thought EJ was gone for good, nope, it appears, contrary to what Mr. Corday says (surprise, surprise :rolleyes: ), when a character dies onscreen, he isn't really dead ! :rolleyes:

I certainly do not mean to put a damper on things, and I do not mean any offense to the Sami and EJ fans, but really, today's episode did absolutely nothing for me. And I wanted to get this off my chest. And see if I was the only one feeling like this. :) Please say I'm not ! :) Anyone ?

Back