Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 13, 2014

I only watched the last 25 minutes or so and have no desire to watch the rest of the episode.

I hope this injection is just a red herring for the future like they did with Steve Johnson's body years ago.

I'm sick of this farce of a couple. So many great romances and talented actors on this show have been sacrificed the past couple years over this horrific couple. I say let him be dead!

On another note, I agree that the scene with the kids was done very well. Johnny was also really cute when he climbed on top of the couch. From the look on Sami's face, you could tell that wasn't scripted. :)

I also agree that Kristen's return has been a waste of both a character and of an actress. She needs to leave Salem soon.

I am curious to see Abigail's reaction or if TIIC want us to forget the affair happened too.:sick:

I was convinced by their "love" story, in spite of all the nastiness, and usually enjoyed seeing Sami and EJ together. However, I thought much of today's flashbacks and the things that Sami said were a little "meh," especially after Friday's episode (which I thought was done really well, and was really moving).

Personally, I don't like dead bodies, much less touching them, so I wouldn't have done it... but when Sami climbed up onto the gurney, that got me. And then when Marlena came in, that really got me. I really appreciate the small details the writers and actors included in the scenes the past few days... from the scene transitions on Friday, to Marlena matter-of-factly, but gently, telling Sami to change her clothes (and Sami's realization of what her clothes looked like), to panning outside as Sami told the kids.

I didn't want EJ to die (maybe he will return a zombie?!), but the recent episodes have really pleasantly surprised me in most every way. I'm sure it's too much to ask, but it would be nice to see these details included on a regular basis!

The ending, on the other hand, was a bit creepy to me. Maybe I expected him to move. Maybe I'm thinking of Pet Cemetery. I don't know, but it was creepy, down to the look on Kristen's face! *shiver*

I forgot to say that I nearly died laughing at one point - inappropriately, in hind sight. (Well, it IS just a tv show... LOL) Stefano called either Kristen or Chad to tell them about EJ and made a pregnant pause. "Elvis..." I thought he was going to say "... has left the building" instead of "... is dead."

I mean, I know he wouldn't really say that, but that pause in just the right place made me laugh at what my brain thought was to come! Silly... but it made me laugh. If the actor who plays Stefano didn't make those pauses on a regular basis, I would wonder if it was done on purpose. :)

Thanks for the summary. Glad I didn't watch: this 'grief' Sami had hogged the entire episode, and I just couldn't buy her words about him being the only man to love and know her. Rafe and Lucas both knew her better than anyone and loved her and treated her like they loved her. EJ treated her like an object to be had no matter what cost, and I have not forgotten the horrible things they did to each other. That is not love.

As for the body still being there, maybe they are waiting for SuperDan to come and inspect EJ's body and solve the case? Or better yet, resurrect him? Perhaps Stefano had Daniel concoct the drug? LOL but in all seriousness, I still think EJ is truly dead, and that the writers are having this injection thing happen to lead the audience down the wrong road and suspect he is faking his death or something like that. But time will tell.

EJ is getting the Steve "Patch" Johnson exit.

With all the lovely flashbacks that Sami was having, I thought for sure she was going to have one about the one in car with her smoochy moochy that night he forced her to have sex with him before he could help save Lucas' life.

A interesting show. Interesting to see all the flashbacks with EJ, with
Sami, Stefano, Kristen. Too bad we probably won't see any with Chad :)

I thought it was interesting Johnny wore EJ's glasses when he
was coloring.

I liked the scene where Sami told the kids. We didn't hear anything, but we
saw their reactions. Nice to see Roman and Marlena be there for Sami.

Sami mentioned the ring. I wonder if it will be found and
she will wear it somehow.

Will the drug work on EJ? Maybe over the years people will
say they saw Elvis aka EJ wandering around.

People in Salem only succumb to their death whenever Super Physician Daniel Jonas is nowhere in sight, otherwise they all live and with no scars.
:OT:
Daniel could not save baby Grace.

:back:I did not think today's episode was as gripping as Friday's, although that ending with Kristen was very creepy. I did like Sami with the kids at the end, especially when the shot was moved so we were outside looking in.

I'm with you The Writer, this episode left me feeling cold and frustrated. I have to say I don't have the ill-will towards EJ that a lot of people here seem to that's because I only recently started watching so I didn't see EJ's misdeeds. I kind of know the back story and well EJ's a DiMera which pretty much makes him a black hat by definition. But as far as my regular watching goes, he represented Gabi and got her a good plea deal and since I'm a Gabi fan that put him on the side of angels in my book. I kind of liked him.

I didn't get too invested in EJ/Sami but I liked them well enough. So I did feel Sami's pain I didn't get emotional but Alison Sweeney's (Sami) performance definitely made me feel sorry for her. I liked the way they handled Sami telling the kids having the camera out onto the patio so we didn't hear what she said, it was like it was giving them privacy. It was a nice touch.

And then they had to ruin EVERYTHING with that stupid, stupid scene with Kristen and the syringe. Forget about the general rule of thumb about seeing the body that I mentioned in my post on Friday; he's not dead or if he is he will eventually get better. So all that idotic scene did was basically negate everything that happened before it.

Edited to write out character names. Combo names not used on this board. Also added character name after actress' name. ~Sparkster

Does anyone find it odd that Stefano took Sami's word that EJ was dead?
I think Stefano took Sami's words because he could hear the sadness from the tone of her voice. I also suspect that he made a few more inquiries because he knew that EJ was shot and killed in the park, he knew that it appeared to the a mugging and Sami didn't tell him any of that.

Good episode overall, but the needle in the arm at the end, which I guess will resurrect Elvis, proves being killed on screen, doesn't always mean death, on Days (I have no doubt Jack Devereaux is alive and well somewhere). When the camera zoomed in on the arm, I expected it to twitch or something, very surprised to see Kristen. Also surprised the lack of security and that his body was still there on the table.

Stefano was surprised and crying about EJ's death, so I'm guessing the plan is a last minute and a hopeful one.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

Stefano has his paid spies and moles everywhere. And it was obvious he had made a few calls (hospital, police stations) as Mandie said. It is a shame about this turn of events. Actually, I am surprised that he had not had Kristen at the hospital, hiding somewhere, to go in the second Sami left with Marlena.
I mean, Stefano got the word, then had to call Kristen, have her go get the hypo, and get over to the morgue.
And you know what? I am really glad the morgue is so easily assessible. Most hospitals have an outside entrance directly to it, and it is on the lowest level. But ol' Salem Hospital has it just down the hall from the nurses' station, on the 3rd floor?? Amazing. Bet all the patients are comforted knowing that in the event they don't make it, they won't have to travel far at all. :sarcasm:

Back