Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 16, 2017

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Replay of Brady telling (bullying) Nicole to answer the phone. She answers and says she got held up but all is good. She will be back soon. Says I love you to Eric and hangs up. Brady says “good job” and now knows why Misty Circle has such a great following. Says she spoke to him in the same tone. Brady is mocking her love for him. Brady calls out all her men and says she acted the same with all of them: Daniel, Deimos, Victor. Nicole says what they had was real. Brady reiterates his threat. Nicole says she will tell Eric in person. Brady says good and it will be a knife through her heart too. Brady won’t be there to see his brother’s heart explode. Nicole says to stop and this isn’t you. This is the new Brady. Nicole still trying to convince Brady this isn’t him. Brady says not anymore. He wants to hurt her and Eric. Nicole brings up Holly. Brady wants Holly to be very happy he just wants Nicole and Eric to be miserable. He has nothing left except the ability to destroy her life because she destroyed his. If she doesn’t comply, he will take the tape and amulet to the cops.

Nicole is crying. Nicole can’t believe Brady would take Holly from her mother like Deimos did. Brady says her love is toxic and she brings out the monster in a man. Nicole is still talking about Brady being loving and kind. A part of him wants to go be with Eric because sooner or later he will bore the hell out of Nicole and she will destroy their dreams too. Nicole asks if there is anything she say to convince him to let her live her life in peace. Brady says no and asks if she wants her daughter or prison. Nicole is crying and pushes Brady. She tells him he wins. Brady claps and yells at her to go. Nicole turns around and says maybe she is a liar but the biggest lie was telling herself that Brady was a man of compassion. Eric is a better man. Brady is taunting Eric by calling him the ex-priest who sleeps with his brother’s woman. Nicole calls him more of a monster than she’s ever known. Nicole leaves. Brady crying and destroys a family photo.

Later Brady is flashing back to Nicole visiting him in the hospital. He pours a drink and Lucas comes in and asks for one too. Lucas is there to see Sonny. Brady tells him to help himself. They talk about Will and Nicole. Drunk pity party. Brady says he shot Eric and Nicole’s happiness straight to hell. Lucas offers to help since Sonny is out chasing ghosts. He offers to work for Titan and give insider trading info on Countess W. Brady can’t make the call until Victor names a CEO officially. Lucas is more drunk than Brady and Brady hints that he should leave. Lucas takes his drink and leaves.

Rafe and Hope are in Hope’s office talking about her cactus and also about how understaffed they are. Department is 2 detectives short. Hope says she reinstated JJ and Rafe is not happy. Rafe brings up lack of trust in the department due to Raines and says Hope gave JJ a slap on the wrist because he is her cousin. Hope asks how he would have handled it. Rafe says he would have been tougher but she is the Commish and he respects her and is proud of her. Hope glares. Next scene Hope appreciates the input. Kissing. Then Hope says she hopes he doesn’t mind if she gives a certain detective preferred treatment. Hope mentions Eli as his new partner. Hope brings up that they are both FBI trained. Rafe keeps saying no. Hope says Eli has Abe’s endorsement and Rafe says it is because he is dating Valerie. Sami calls Rafe!

Gabi and Eli are at Club Chloe. Ari had a dream about Will and woke up with questions. Gabi doesn’t want her thinking Will is alive. Gabi concerned Ari could overhear someone talking about Will being alive, doesn’t want Ari to lose him again. Eli keeps reassuring her that Ari will be fine. She is an amazing mom and Ari has lots of family. Chloe comes over and welcomes them to the “soft opening”. Talk of the persuasive powers of Julie. Eli hopes she can persuade Hope to give him a job. Gabi and Eli talk about Rafe and how Eli almost shot his little sister and caught him kissing her. He leaves to take a call from Val. Gabi pays for the meal and leaves.

Replay of Paul, John and Sami at the cemetery. John had no idea she was in town. Sami is upset she was the last one to know about Will. She had to claw her way last minute on to an oversold flight LOL. Sami asks John what are you and your son doing to my son’s grave? John mentions the stuff about Will. Sami heckles Ben and Clyde. John mentions Rolf being behind this. Sami is taken aback. Paul says it was his idea to exhume the body. Sami says we finally meet, Paul the man who destroyed her son’s marriage. John stops her. Sami persists. Then goes to Will’s grave. She gets upset and John comforts her briefly. Sami says she saw his dead body and saw the coffin lowered into the ground. John keeps mentioning Rolf. Paul apologizes and says they all need answers. They explain about next of kin and Sonny and Will being legally separated and Lucas refusing. John asks Sami to call Justin to give approval and she says ok. Sami calls Rafe to report a grave robbery. Rafe arrives and welcomes her home. Sami wants John and Paul arrested. Rafe says let’s not press charges. Everyone wants answers about Will. John apologizes and Sami says to go. John and Paul leave.

Rafe is glad Sami hasn’t changed. Sami is about to cry, Rafe says “I know” and pulls her in to a hug. Sami is in town as long as she needs to be to protect Will. Rafe offers his shoulder if she needs one. She says she is fine. He says it will be their secret. She says she may take him up on it. Rafe offers her a ride to Marlena’s but Sami says her head will explode if she sees John again tonight. He offers her a ride elsewhere and she just wants to sit with Will. Really cute scene. Rafe leaves.

Gabi goes to see Rafe at the station but finds Hope instead. Gabi and Hope talk about Eli being the perfect partner for Rafe (mostly offscreen). Eli comes in and says to ignore Gabi. Eli wants no special treatment and wants to be treated like other applicants. Rafe enters and says to Hope “you’ve hired him, even after our discussion”. Hope says nobody has been hired. Gabi pulls Rafe into the interrogation room and calls him an idiot in Spanish. Says he and Eli are exactly alike. Rafe blames it on high emotions due to Will and mentions Sami being back. All 4 are back in the main room. Rafe says when 2 people he loves and trusts more than anything in the world say he should give Eli a chance, he is willing to give it a shot. Hope offers Eli the job on the spot. But Rafe says if Eli ever pulls another stunt like he did with Gabi and Raines, he is out.

Nicole goes to see Chloe and asks her to watch Holly. Chloe can see Nicole isn’t ok and asks what happened. Nicole denies it. Chloe knows she is lying about Brandon. Nic tells her about Eric and how they love each other. Chloe figures out Brady didn’t take it well. Says Nic did the right thing and Brady will understand one day that she respected him enough to be honest. Nic glad Chloe told her everything and gives her a big hug. She thanks Chloe for telling her the truth and for Holly. Chloe and Nic exchange I love yous. Nic goes to the cabin to see Eric.

Sami talks to Will’s grave. She is very hesitant to believe he is alive but wants to. Sami promises she will find answers so he can rest in peace. Lucas comes over drinking and says first Will comes back to give him grief and now Sami is here to give everyone hell. Sami stares at Lucas. END.

I agree that is annoying JS, but I'm inclined to cut Sami a really tiny bit of slack here because she's probably just going off of what she heard from Will. And Will wasn't really big on self-reflection and honesty in those days.

But then I'm sure in Sami's mind Will put "bomp in the bomp-she-bop" as well as the "ram in the rama-lama-ding-dong". So even if Will was honest with her, she would still paint Paul as the villain.

Plus, I'm sure Paul being the son of the man who "had sex on the Titan boardroom table with her mother and ruined her life" doesn't do much to kind dispose her towards him either.

Nicole: Fie on the writers for again portraying her as a weak, easily manipulated woman. She should have told Brady to get stuffed and to trot down to the police headquarters with his legally-insufficient evidence. It would serve him right if the police suddenly discovered new evidence on how Chad was shot by a Kiriakis thug or how Vivian and Gus were kidnapped and dumped on a deserted island during the fight over the ownership of Titan.

Hope: So she's worried about public confidence in the police department? She ought to. How will people react when they learn that an ex-convict is now commissioner? She might also concern herself with department morale. Instead of hiring FBI-reject Eli and reinstating phony-tough JJ, she might have promoted deserving members of the uniformed police to detective. Why should any of them do anything but sleep on the job or tipple at the Pub when all the good jobs go to Brady-family cronies?

Rafe: His concern over the department's image might have been more convincing had he not helped Hope escape legal liability for murdering Stefano. He also ought to tell his impudent little sister to keep her nose out of police business.

Last edited:
Thank you Heather! So...Rafe says she rehired JJ because he is her cousin, moans about morale, and public's faith in the cop shop, but has no objection to Hope giving a certain detective special favors? Huh?

Yes, Gabi should not interfere in police business, but Rafe needs to back off from deciding who his sister hangs with.

I actually wish Nicole would have marched down to the police after leaving Brady, telling them that while drugged at the party, she evidently had a run in with Deimos, and has a vague recollection of MAYBE killing him, but doesn't know if it was a dream, hallucination, or what.

As far as that amulet is concerned, it was Brady who found it in Eric's room, Nik no where around. Brady could look just as guilty as Nik.

And Sami is up to her usual idiotic tricks. Sure, will call Justin & arrange the exhumation. Hello, Salem PD, I want 2 people arrested for robbin grave. Ugh.

Not me, I want Julie to wake up, smell the coffee. Nick was bad news, treated Gabi horribly, and it is time Julie acknowledged the guy was not the angelic sweet fellow she kept insisting he was. I do like Julie, a great deal, but it bothers me that the show keeps writing her thinking her way or the high way, that she is always right, and can do and say whatever she pleases, and everyone should just take it and shut up.

Oh, I agree that she needs to smell the coffee regarding Nick. I just liked it more when she was against Eli being with Gabi, and he didn't care one bit. So she'd try to act civil with Gabi, but not quite pull it off.

I also liked when Eli said he either heard about all what Nick did or read Gabi's case file, basically saying Nick was no angel. Eli wasn't about to let her go on and on about her darling Nicky.

Yes, Gabi should not interfere in police business, but Rafe needs to back off from deciding who his sister hangs with.

While I agree with this sentiment that Gabi *aka my girl* shouldn't interfere with police business, I also can't help but ask where it would be if people on tv in general, not just soaps, stayed out of police business? I mean we wouldn't have had hours of enjoyment with such shows like "Murder She Wrote" or "Diagnosis: Murder" or more recently "Castle." Nor would in we in our youth enjoyed the literary exploits of those plucky young detectives The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. :)

As much as I'm totally in Gabi and Eli's corner, I have to agree with Just Samantha that I am just a bit disappointed that Julie is apparently willing to accept Gabi and Eli. Mainly because the tally was Gabi had 2 losses, zero wins, with their third run-in being a draw. I really wanted to see Gabi get wins on the board. *sigh*

Back