Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 17, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 17, 2016

An episode in which you do not want to miss a single second. Unexpected twists & turns, a few nice moments thrown in here and there amid the suspense. John, Theresa, Brady, Nicole & Deimos are in the Kmansion, discussing the success of their ruse, the game plan that was enacted by them all to snare Xander, who, they said, apparently walked right into the trap. A few flashbacks to aid our memories, as we learn that Marlena's profile helped tremendously. Nicole was in on it all, went to the cemetery to Daniel's grave on purpose, to draw out Xander. It worked. It was Theresa's idea to mention using herself as additional bait. Deimos explains most of it to John, Nicole chiming in here and there, with Deimos now noting that Roman & his cops are down on Pier 17 where Xander has been told a ship is waiting to take him to Greece. They all breathe a sigh of relief, Deimos gets a call, takes it in the foyer, where he hangs up, then slips out the door.

Orpheus talks to his henchman, noting that Xander is not returning his texts (Xander has done this purposely) and since Clyde got himself caught, he has to go it alone. Fine. If you want something done right, do it yourself. The henchman goes to the Pub, reports back that all is in place except for one more thing.

Inside, Marlena has been working, helping those injured in the explosions. Hope comes in to assist, chit chat, Marlena can see something is bothering Hope, probably personal, any time she wants to talk, Marlena is there. Jennifer comes in with box of food, lots of donations of food, clothing, etc. She & Hope sit in a booth, where Jennifer tries to convince Hope she cannot let Aiden blackmail her like this. She has to try and get him to understand that she is never going to love him as he wants. Hope says he is delusional, that he will send her to prison if she doesn't do as he says, talks of leaving Ciara and being unable to do that. She jumps up as someone else comes in needing help. Jen contemplates the situation.

At DiMansion, Gabi is talking to Thomas, happy he was able to sleep thru all the craziness, missing her own daughter, Ari, who is at the hospital with Blanca. Aha, and look who Chad found, as he walks in carrying Ari. Gabi is so happy, they all sit on the sofa, Ari is on Chad's lap, as he & Gabi have a very good conversation. She talks about JJ, his dangerous job, how much he loves & brags about Thomas, not sure what kind of father he would be, or if he is ready for that. She worries about her brother so much, and now JJ. Her dad is not fond of the idea, Rafe likes JJ, she doesn't care what Dario thinks. Isn't even contemplating anything like marriage with JJ yet, they both love each other, but that would be far in the future. Jennifer is great, but Julie is living there, was so close to Nick, gives Gabi the evil eye when she sees her. LOL. She can't even think about living with someone, has been single so long. Chad is asking the questions, she is answering. He talks of all she has been through in her young life, prison, being a single mother, etc. Gabi wonders if, down the road, Chad will be able to move on. He doesn't know, feels his son should have a mother figure, but just isn't ...well, he doesn't know. Gabi reminds him that he himself has to find love again, love someone, be loved. Eventually they note there are no more sirens, the silence is great, and we see them all having fallen asleep.

Nicole cannot imagine where Deimos is, they all talk about what went down with Xander. We see Roman down on the dock, ordering someone to put the phone down, hands in the air, slowly turn around. Hey. just some guy calling his girl. Roman tells him to scram, orders his men to search everywhere there. Xander is a no show.

Xander is elsewhere, Deimos shows up, admits he called the cops, tipped them off, but has another plan. He is going to send Xander to Greece, to his compound, wanting Xander to work for him from there, but Brady, Victor Philip must never know. He tells him to let go of his stupid revenge plan, forget Theresa, and never bother Nicole. Xander agrees, Deimos tells him his transport awaits, go. But first, you have to do me a favor.

Next Roman is also at the Kmansion, telling them what happened. Deimos walks in, dabbing at his bleeding lip. Explains Xander did it, he got wind of Roman being at Pier 17, so Deimos met him elsewhere. Xander was ready to do him in, but Deimos's bodyguard was there, struggle, Deimos got Xander's gun, shot and killed him. Gives Roman the gun so he can check it, check the fingerprints, etc. It was over on Pier 9. Roman is getting his men and coroner down there, Deimos said to drag the river, it happened at edge of dock.

Brady apologizes to Deimos for doubting him a bit, for nearly bringing Victor in on all this, but he didn't and Deimos really went above and beyond. Thank you. They shake hands.

Deimos is on his phone to Xander, yep, still alive, telling him he has to stay dead, don't fail him. He is to go to Greece now, no one is to know he is not dead. NO one!

At the Pub, John has arrived, filled in the group on Weston in custody, Xander dead. Only have to worry about Orpheus. Well, his henchman calls Orpheus, everything now in place. Orpheus says "showtime", calls John, who comments the cohorts are gone now, so he is coming for Orpheus. But that guy doesn't think so. Tells John to look under the center table. John does, finds a bomb set to go off. Orpheus says "Run......and you die".

It was a great episode today! Filled wih nail biting suspense!

Definitely won't be surprised to see Xander again in the near future biting Deimos back in the you-know-what, regretting his decision. Also, I can now speculate the future end of Nicole/Deimos, she'd never forgive him for this at all!

But why does Deimos want Xander to live? I don't recall there being any mention of them being close.
Perhaps Deimos was on the level when he said that he viewed Xander as another victim of Kiriakis family rejection. Victor did let Deimos rot in a Greek prison for thirty years for a crime that he didn't commit, and told Xander that he was as worthless as his father before kicking him out of the family. That said, why should anyone believe that the X-Man is dead without a body, and why didn't Deimos assign one of his thugs to make sure that his wayward nephew boarded the ship and stayed there? Finally, how could Orpheus's accomplice have managed to plant a bomb in the Pub? After all, the place was crawling with cops. Did they all leave after the supply of Wanchai Ferry ran out, or did he plant a rumor that the Salem Dunkin' Donuts was giving free coffee and donuts to all members of the Salem P.D.?

I think part of Deimos's reason for helping Xander escape was exactly what he said; that he felt Xander had been wronged by the rest of the family and wanted to set it right. The thing about Deimos is that he actually does have a sense of morality. It's twisted and hard to decipher most of the time but its there.

Another reason why Deimos let Xander go free is because he seems to think Xander will be useful to him. I'm not sure why he would think that. If he really thinks Xander will be content to hide in some compound in Greece and play the good dog then he is sorely mistaken. Sooner or later this is going back to bite Deimos in the back end and I'm going to start stocking up on the microwave popcorn now in preparation for that happy day. LOL

I really liked the Chad and Gabi scenes because it they have come a long way. I'm glad to hear that Jennifer is supportive of Gabi and JJ but I wish we would see it and I would like to see Gabi stand up to Julie and this is kind of how I would like to see it play out.

Gabi: Julie, you clearly have something you want to say to me because you've been giving me the Evil Eye for months. And I've had enough, so just say what you have to say.

Julie: Nick loved you and you killed him.

Gabi: I'm sorry for what I did, okay? I'm sorry for the pain I caused you and your family. I'm sorry for all the things that happened to Nick that made him the way he was. I'm sorry for the time it caused me to spend away from Arianna. I'm sorry for all of it.

Julie: Nick was a sweet and confused young man. Who was just trying to...

Gabi: No, no stop. You weren't around, okay? So you don't get to tell me what Nick was "trying to do." For months Nick did everything he could to not just make my life a living hell, but also Will and Sonny and everybody we were close to. And where were you? On a cruise ship playing shuffleboard.

Julie just glares.

Gabi: *sighs* Okay I know you'll never be able to forgive me and that's just something we're both going to have to live with.

Turns and walks away head held high.

Last edited:
Nick was attempting to rape her! Let's not forget that. It is why she hit him with the rock, then thought him dead. Julie never mentions that part of the story, maybe she doesn't know it. It is past time it be said right in front of her. Yes, Gabi shot him, but he was again stalking her. She feared him, and Julie should accept the fact her darling Nick was not the angel she tries to paint.

No other reason to have left Xander alive.
I'm hoping (and I'm sure Heather is, too) that it will be revealed that Xander is really Deimos's son and this will help people forgive him for letting him live. I'm also totally OK with him not icing Xander because Xander has not yet done anything that is so bad he couldn't be redeemed (at least not on Days).
I think part of Deimos's reason for helping Xander escape was exactly what he said; that he felt Xander had been wronged by the rest of the family and wanted to set it right. The thing about Deimos is that he actually does have a sense of morality. It's twisted and hard to decipher most of the time but its there.
I agree with this as well. I think the "bad seed" Kiriakis junk was a lot of the work of the previous writers and Mr Griffith (recently ex-ed writer), and now we are seeing a course correction.
I really liked the Chad and Gabi scenes because it they have come a long way. I'm glad to hear that Jennifer is supportive of Gabi and JJ but I wish we would see it and I would like to see Gabi stand up to Julie
Ditto, ditto, ditto. I like the friendship I see forming and don't believe it will (or should) ever be more than that. I'd love some non-plot-pointy friends and these two young single parents have good reason to be.
Yes, Gabi shot him, but he was again stalking her. She feared him, and Julie should accept the fact her darling Nick was not the angel she tries to paint.
Let's all recall the Emmy®-worthy scene where Gabi quietly recalled putting three bullets in Nick, "and he still came after me." *chills* I agree Julie needs to be shown the truth about Nick. Perhaps she could call one of her great-grandkids to town to dote on them. (Speculation: Only Julie's grandson has appeared on-screen, but that was a solid 25 years ago.)

I like Jennifer and Hope's friendship, but GIVE ME A BREAK on this nonsense with her loving Rafe, or crazy Aiden's pointless blackmail. Squish the love triangle under a crumbling building and blame it on Orpheus already!!!

In fairness to Julie I don't think she knows about the attempted rape or Nick going in the river. It's really hard to tell if that's public knowledge or not. Because I remember when Kate was trying to convince Nicole to go in on buying Basic Black with her and Nicole was running through the litany of reasons why that was a bad idea she mentioned what happened with Nick. I even posted at the time "how did she know that?" So who knows?

But maybe if Julie did know that would soften her towards Gabi just a bit. I'm not sure about this so if anybody knows for sure feel free to correct me but didn't Julie shoot someone who was trying to rape her in the sevenities? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. So again maybe it would be good for Julie to hear about that. But on the other hand Nick was a Horton and her "darling." So she probably wouldn't even believe it.

Thanks Jason, it's much appreciated.

Still I would hope that Julie knew about the attempted rape it would make her see things in a different and more accurate light.

It's interesting that there two characters named Larry-this Larry Atwood guy and Hope's sleazy ex Larry Welsh that came to bad ends, And two characters named Nick-Nick Fallon and Eve's ex-pimp Nick Corelli who also came to bad ends.

It almost makes you wonder if there writers on staff that may have had bad experiences with people who had those names. LOL

Poor Roman, he didn't catch his man.

Poor Nicole, Deimos isn't such a nice guy after all. I don't think John believed the
story Xander was dead. He gave Deimos an odd look. Will we see Xander again?

Nice to see Ari with Gabi. It was funny when Gabi talked to Chad about Julie and
her evil eye.

I loved John's line after he heard of Deimos plan that he was giving Xander
Theresa as a partying gift.

What an ending with the bomb under the table? You do have to wonder how the
bomb got there with everyone in the pub lately.

Back