Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 2, 2017

Just finished watching the show. My guess is Abby's response was to show her mental healing over what Ben had done in the past. Best I can do past weekday bedtime.

Great episode: tense, some humor, good rotation of characters and Abbys' smackdown of Ben was epic!

Last edited:
I think NBC shows it after 4:30 P.M. But........I will PM you with a site.......

I just watched today's episode on the Days page on NBC on my computer. It did not air until 8pm EDT or 5pm PDT.

I have to watch Days on the NBC website, https://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives . It is usually up by 8:00 PM CDT, sometimes as early at 7:00 PM on a Friday. I guess everyone wants to get done and go home for the weekend, lol.

Thanks all for the summaries. You folks are stupendous!!!

love how Maggie was quick to call out Bonnie on why wasn't she being supportive and going after her son, Sonny. Clearly its getting more and more obvious that wacky woman is not Adrienne.
Totally amazing how unaware most people are, and on soaps too!

My guess is Abby's response was to show her mental healing over what Ben had done in the past
Great episode: tense, some humor, good rotation of characters and Abbys' smackdown of Ben was epic!
I totally agree and I had such a huge grin on my face when she smacked him:rotfl: Hooray for STRONG WOMEN:clap::clap::)

I couldn't stop crying when Abby was saying her vows and Sonny was remembering Will.
I remember the scenes with Will and Sonny. I cried then, and again today.

I loved this episode. The acting was way good and the stories were smart. When Maggie started in on Bonnie, I was grinning again. Sure hope she'll be gone SOON!!!!

My whole episode was preempted yesterday so I set my recorder to record from 1am to 4am. I figured they would play it then. I totally forgot I did that until I started today's episode! Yep, I had yesterday's and wow! Good episode. Very exciting. I thought Abby having a daydream was a little weird. Hope we aren't going back to her emotional issues. Was not expecting her to punch Ben. Loved Ben's line of "I should have worn a tie". Loved the flashbacks of Sonny and Will. I feel bad for Paul. I'm very curious how Ben came upon the knowledge that Will is alive. Is he at Bayview too?

I haven't managed to see this episode yet, but when I heard about Ben's return causing havoc, all I could think of was this image from an old poster for the film Ben.

3162030205001_5319258791001_5319222551001-vs.jpg

Imagine somebody singing these lyrics in the Town Square and Salemites then thinking it's about Ben Weston. Any person declaring friendship for him would probably be run out of town.

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone, and you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me.

I liked Abby punching Ben, but then I didn't like or understand why she and Chad were able to just shrug Ben off so easily and go back to laughing and joking.

I think Ron's goal has been to quickly fix Chad and Abby and get them remarried. I also think there was fan backlash when Dena suddenly dropped the mental illness portion of Abby's story so the fantasy today kind of addresses both while also moving Abby forward.

Great work by everyone in this episode. Ari was suddenly missing and I thought it was weird that Gabi remained seated when everyone else stood up. That would have worked had we seen Ari but we didn't. Good beat with Eli asking who Ben is. I wish Steve would have had a bigger role in restraining Ben.

Back