Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 20, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 20, 2014

It is evening/night in Salem, EJ was just killed yesterday, and the residents are still dealing with the aftermath......all over Salem. Lots of small conversations, bear with me.
Kate is telling Sami she is going to go to jail for fraud, she doesn't want to deal with it, Kate forces her to do so. Seems Sami told stockholders that she wasn't going to sell some company DiMera owned, stock went up in price, fraud. (Guess the company got sold). Feds will be coming after her. Chad comes in, Kate pretends they were talking of something else, not letting on at all.
Outside, Lucas & Will are in the garden, putting away croquet equipment, having distracted the kids for a while. Mary is getting them ready for bed, Will talks to his dad of the last time he saw EJ, who had come over to try an smooth things over between Will & his mom. He talks of how Zoe wants the focus of the new article changed, Chad, the heir apparent. He wants to shelve the whole thing, has to talk to Chad.
Lucas goes inside, tells Chad Will wants to see him outside, and learns of the trouble Sami is in. He tells her to go upstairs, say goodnight to the kids, and come back, they have to talk. Sami goes up, we see her playing flashlight "it" with Johnny, talking of making breakfast for them all tomorrow, but Johnny says she burns the bacon, and her scrambled eggs are too watery. She wonders if he might want to try school tomorrow, but Johnny tells her how the kids tease him, calling Nono a crook, and that daddy is one, too. Sami defends EJ, tells Johnny his daddy was a great man, and she will talk to his teacher. And if anyone talks that way to him any more, let her know, she will fix it.

She joins Kate & Lucas downstairs and they talk about what to do. Sami wants to contact company lawyers, but Kate warns they would go straight to Stefano. Sami begins having a fit, that she could lose her kids, that she has done something that will enable Stefano to take her children from her.

Will tells Chad about Zoe and changing the focus of the article. Chad mulls it over, figures the article will get written anyway, by someone else, and he would not trust that outcome. He wants Will to write it.

Eve is flirting like mad with Eric as she has her drink, complimenting him, and talking of how she is so proud of her daughter, how she always tried to set a good example for her, and now she has this lovely daughter, excellent student, and more blah, blah, lies. She calls Paige, who pretends she is at the library studying but will soon be home. They talk a bit about Jennifer, Eric says they are good friends, Eve gives her version of events, LOL, it was just financial, involved a law suit, settled out of court, all over, everything fine now. Maggie has wandered in, sees them, they explain about the photo shoot, she understands, and leaves. LOL. Eric soon takes off as well, promising to have a photo proof for her tomorrow.

Nicole has run into Chad, expresses her sympathies. They exchange conversation about how chad hated EJ, and never got much of a chance to make him pay, as he upped and died. Nicole talks of having been married to EJ, having 2 pregnancies by EJ, and both dying. Chad asks her to come home with him, see Sami, she declines. They talk of Sydney, she looks often at the video Chad made of Sydney opening the Christmas gift Nicole got her. She tells Chad that she thinks he loved his brother, and if he thinks about it, he will realize it.

Replay of Paige crawling into JJ's bed, and him being startled. She is kissing him, is all over him, took his hint. He is baffled, she talks of him saying he was so tired, then left the door open for her, and was in bed. She says she loves him, wants him to be her first. He says no, no, he should not be anyone's first. He cannot explain, no there is no one else, he loves her. Paige is ticked off, gathers her things (has already talked to mom on phone, lying about the library), and leaves.
When Eve arrives home, Paige is sitting on the sofa (Gad I swear this is Theresa's apartment, just redressed.) Eve is all happy, but sees Paige's face, figures something is wrong. Paige denies it, goes to bed. Eve swears only one person could put that look on Paige's face, JJ, and she prays all is over between them.
Meanwhile, JJ is dressed, walking in the square, stops at one shop, remembering how he busted that window in his anger.

At the hospital Jennifer (wearing some top that has to have been made from scraps in someone's sewing basket) has run into Maggie. They exchange small talk about EJ's death, feeling bad for the kids, Maggie noting that Jen has to know how that is, then asking about JJ. Jen is a bit concerned, because JJ said he and Paige were taking a step back, and she thinks something is off there, doesn't know what it is.

Kristen opens the door to Daniel, who came despite misgivings. They talk of how both think Theresa guilty of hitting John, but he won't say so. Kristen flirts a lot, offers him champagne, he refuses, and he will not tell Brady the suspicions, no proof. She shows him a couple of pictures, figuring that Theresa may have told either Anne, or Eve, maybe both, and all they have to do is get Theresa herself to say she did.
Kristen is up close to Daniel, he has his hands on her shoulders, or upper arms, to keep her at a distance, and the door opens.
Oh, yes, tis Jennifer, who is talking to Kristen about the door being open, stops abruptly when she sees Daniel. He is practically rolling his eyes, and is just leaving. After he is gone, Jen argues with Kristen about going after Daniel, she denies it. They have words, Jen only came to express condolences about her brother. She talks of how she defended Kristen, protected her, and then she ran off. She again accuses Kristen of setting her sights on Daniel, and takes off. Kristen murmurs that Daniel has served his purpose, as she looks at the two photos of Theresa, one with Anne, one with Eve.

Daniel comes thru a gate, finds Nicole sitting on a bench, tears. She claims she has something in her eye, darn wind. He sits beside her, hates when that happens. They talk quietly, she admits she was thinking of EJ, the last time they talked. She relates that she did love him back when, and that their last conversation wasn't perhaps the best, but it will have to do. Daniel kindly reminds her he owes her a cup of coffee, how about getting it now. She looks at him, a half smile, "that would be nice". He stands up, offers his hand to help her up, and they go off together.

I saw it today--nice episode. I didn't care for Maggie suddenly bringing up Daniel while talking to Jennifer, or insinuating that they should be together, and I certainly didn't care for her interrupting Eve and Eric's conversation and blabbing about the whole Jennifer thing. But I like that Eric told Eve it's none of his business; he was tolerable today, for once.

I'm also still very annoyed by Paige. When JJ was pestering her about sex, he was considered a jerk who wanted one thing from her. Now that it's the other way around, Paige gets to doubt him and tell him off? Someone needs to tell JJ she just isn't worth it! I'm actually rooting for Eve now to end them as a couple, though for obviously different reasons that Eve.

The rest of the show was well done and good.

I'm about to watch. But I agree about Paige. I just read an article about some lady in California who got stuck in a chimney sneaking into an online date's house to do something similar. Can someone PLEASE send it to Paige and suggest she might want to think a little bit about what she's doing???

I enjoyed JJ today trying to be responsible. I am sure JJ has the urges, but stood his ground this time around. At this time the writers seem to be going in the same direction with JJ and Paige as with Dan and Jennifer. In Salem there is no true love it seems by these writers.

The way these two were looking at each other:
image.png

Yea...... :sick:

Boy, I sure hope not, but she really is after him all the time. He refuses the champagne, but does take a sip later. Jen calls her on the champagne, if they were just talking business, Kristen claims she was just being hospitable. LOL

I wish someone would point out to Eve and/or Eric that they are step-cousins.

Maggie should've said "you remember the stories you've heard about your Uncle Shane's trouble-making oldest daughter??? That's who you're having a drink with!"

There would've been an Eric-shaped puff of smoke left behind as he ran away.

A few words for certain Salemites:
Paige, congratulations, you have managed a rare feat for a young Salem woman -- a guy actually kicked you out of bed.
Eve, you'd better think twice about pursuing the Salem sourpuss -- imagine what it will be like all the times when he wakes up in one of his "moods," or good Catholic that he is, wants you to go along for Sunday Mass, Benediction, Vespers, Stations of the Cross, and Holy Name Society meetings.
Jenny, you and your bun should really spend more time at home or even at work. That way you'll be less likely to see things you don't like. And, when will you learn that confronting Kristen is worse than a waste of time?
DiMera Enterprises shareholders, how could you complain to the SEC about Sami telling lies? Did you really buy shares in a corporation run by Stefano DiMera expecting to be told the truth??

That photo looks like Daniel is rolling his eyes at Kristen's latest attempt to flirt with him. All the flirting has been one way so far. If that is the same as sexual chemistry, then JJ and Paige have already done it more than once because she wants it so bad.

Anyway, Jen was annoying as usual. Maybe she should stop hanging around open hotel room doors, since that seems to keep getting her in trouble.

What the heck does being step-cousins mean? It really means nothing. They are NOT blood related, and were not even raised in the same town.
Whether Jen was coming to pay condolences, if the door was ajar, or what. Jen should NEVER have just walked in like that. And neither should Paige have done so. Burglars, rapists, etc. just love open doors.
As to Jen...seems to me she would have heard Daniel & Kristen before she came in thru the open door.....after all, Jen heard Daniel & Nicole thru a CLOSED one, and went running off to tell Eric.

I know there is no blood between them, but they're acting as though they've never heard of one another. Eve knew the twins when she was originally in town. And surely, Eric has heard about Eve over the years (if he didn't actually remember her).

If Eric realized this "Eve Larson" was, in fact, his Uncle Shane's trouble-making daughter, he wouldn't go near her with a ten foot pole.

ericsamiarrive87xmas.gif

Eve with John (as Roman), Eric, Sami and Carrie

Was Max blood related to them? I did not think he was. I don't think he ever had sex with Stephanie. And they certainly were all not raised together.

And heck, we certainly have wandered away from the events of Friday, 10/17, haven't we?
:back:

by the way, I think Eve just called this photographer, not knowing who he was at all. In fact, she seemed surprised he even knew Jennifer. Does she even know he is Sami's twin brother? Because I don't think she knows his last name.

Back