Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 6, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 6, 2014

Sami meets up with Chad to ask him to try and forgive EJ. They go back and forth, talk of Chad taking he bullet for EJ, and then EJ sleep with the woman he loves. Sami says she managed to forgive Ej, so Chad should be able to do so as well. Not going to happen, EJ is dead to Chad.
Meanwhile, EJ is on the phone with an angry Stefano, telling him how Victor warned him that Stefano was undermining him. Nope, Stefano is not undermining EJ, he intends to destroy him. They go back and forth, Stefano calling EJ names, ranting about him marrying one of the guttersnipes who took the company away. Stefano says he knows that it was EJ who gave Rafe the additional info on Stefano, so now, EJ is dead to him. He only has one son left he can trust.

Replay of John having jumbled together flashbacks of the night he got smacked, and realizing it was Theresa. He asks to see her. Meanwhile, Theresa is in panic mode, telling Eve how Eric said John is remembering. Maxine comes in, tells her John wants to see her. She freaks out, but Eve convinces her that John may just want to talk about what happened when he was hit by Brady.
Theresa goes to see John, who asks her about that night. She spins her tale, wasn't actually in the room when it got so heated, wishes she had, wishes she could take that night back. John thanks her, wants to rest now. She puts another pillow behind his head, he thanks her, she leaves. Outside, she is happy as a clam, John doesn't remember. Inside the room, John pulls the extra pillow out from behind his head, throws it across the room, mutters, it WAS Theresa.

Jennifer has called Julie to the house, asking her to talk to Eve, tells how Eve is trying to cause trouble with JJ and Paige, and perhaps Julie can get her to lay off. (How refreshing to see Julie again!) Julie agrees to try, goes to see Eve, is all smiles and upbeat, but eventually, and lightly, brings up the subject. She talks of Eve's upcoming throat surgery, resuming her singing career, focusing on that, and perhaps leaving JJ & Paige alone. Nope, Eve wants Paige to go to Stanford, concentrate now on her work and school.

JJ meets up with Aunt Kayla, and WAS intending to bring up what Paige overheard, but doesn't, just talks about how nice she was to Paige, and he appreciates it. He takes off, going over to Daniel's.
Kristen is with Daniel, yapping about Theresa being the one who hit John, Daniel suspects this is true, but no proof. And lets her know that if she attempts to railroad Theresa without proof, he will let everyone know all she had said. Joanne has brought parker back, Daniel is so glad to see him. Kristen leaves, JJ arrives, is unhappy. Daniel gets Parker down for his nap, but JJ cannot bring himself to say what his bothering him. Daniel gets called to the hospital, leaving JJ in charge of parker until Paige arrives. JJ gets upset with himself, mumuring that if he can't talk to Daniel about this, how can he talk to Paige.
Meanwhile, Paige is with Kayla, asking questions about how she got into nursing and then doctor. Kayla mentions that Jack encouraged her, and Paige asks who is Jack? So now Kayla has to say he is JJ's dad, that she knew him when he was sick, before he & Jen ever even met. Paige asks what kind of man he was, Kayla says :"one of a kind". Then gets a call about an accident on the freeway, has to leave.
Daniel is at the hospital, Maxine is telling him that John seems to be remembering more and more. Daniel is glad to hear it.
Marlena is with Brady, who is insisting he has to go thank Kristen for what she did. Marlena tries to dissuade him, to no avail, even tho she reminds him that Kristen would not have helped if Eric had not refused to testify. So it wasn't for John, it was for herself. Brady claims this is part of the 12 steps, making things right, and thanking Kristen is doing the right thing.
Marlena goes to talk to John, tells him there are things he needs to know. Oh, but he is remembering. No, she says, these are things that happened while you were unconcious. She then lets him know Kristen is back, and that Brady is with her as we speak.

Paige arrives at Daniel's apartment, knocks, and when JJ opens the door, says "why did you not tell me about your father and Kayla"?

Brady arrives at Kristen's hotel room, she is pleased as punch, invites him in. He apologizes, wasn't very nice when he last saw her, thinking the drug would not work. It did, John is awake, and though he can't remember much, is staying awake. She is happy. He says thank you, and starts to leave. She stops him, don't go, you know why, you don't want to either. Breathy Marilyn Monroe voice. She gets up close to him, her face close to his, and then to the side of his face.

Parker gets shifted from one caregiver to the next. Why not just leave the little boy with his mom!

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd never believe Kristen held Daniel captive and had him beaten, considering how chummy he is with her now.

I wonder how much Paige has shared with JJ about her absentee father considering she's questioning JJ about not telling her about Jack and Kayla. As if that's any of her business! Is there some type of "Send a kid to college" fund at Dimera Enterprises so this girl can get to Stanford.

What surprised me was that Paige did not know JJ's father's name in the first place. His picture is in the living room, you can constantly see it. The reason for JJ to be called JJ is because it is short for Jack Junior.
Guess this is supposed to tell us that these kids never really TALK. Just make out, right?

Great point. How could she not know JJ's dad's name, and if she did, how could she not make the connection considering Kayla is JJ's aunt. Either she and JJ don't know anything about each other or she's a little slow on the uptake.

Because Sami has forgiven her idiot husband is she going to make it her life's mission that everyone else in the world does, too. Just reading this makes me ill because this is not our Samantha Gene.

Next week can't get here soon enough nor can the end of October!

Thanks Poirot, you are a better person than I am sitting and watching this!

Great episode today! I love that Daniel spends as much time with Parker as he can, unlike most of Salem which totally ignores their kids, and also makes a real effort to be there for JJ. I do wish he hadn't gotten called to the hospital because if anyone could have gotten what was bothering JJ out of him, it's Daniel. He really needs to switch his specialty and take over Marlena's practice, especially since Marlena never seems to be available to deal with her patients' problems anyway. Paige irritated me, as usual, with her nosiness and the way she acts like it's a shock that there's anything about JJ's life she doesn't know yet after dating for a couple of months. Anyhow, it was interesting to hear more about what JJ did when he was in boarding school that is contributing to his fear that he could become a rapist.

I thought Theresa and Eve must have had a sister shopping spree off screen since it looked to me, too, like they were wearing the same dress except Theresa's was the sleeveless version :rotfl: I love how John is investigating what happened ot him himself, and I would much rather see him team up with Daniel than Kristen, not that Kristen's gotten anywhere. Daniel keeps telling her he has no interest in working with her, and she keeps putting him in the awkward position of having to defend Theresa! Equally weird was Theresa's conversation with Jen, which came out of nowhere.

It was great to see Julie,n though she was pretty useless. It was nice to see someone be somewhat friendly towards Eve and bring out her softer side for a minute. We need more of that.

I wish Brady had sent Kristen a thank you email instead of going there and, it appears, getting ready to kiss her :rolleyes:

Chad almost inspired Revenge-Sami to come out again, but not quite. That was interesting, though their conversation seemed pointless otherwise. I also wondered if Stefano is going to give himself a heart attack yelling at EJ.

I agree that JJ is not a junior....but that is how his family referred to him since he WAS named after Jack. (Yes, his middle name is Patrick)
And heck, Andre' is really Stefano's nephew, the one he made have plastic surgery to look like Tony.....who also is not his son, but the son of the gardener. LOL

Great episode today! I love that Daniel spends as much time with Parker as he can, unlike most of Salem which totally ignores their kids, and also makes a real effort to be there for JJ. I do wish he hadn't gotten called to the hospital because if anyone could have gotten what was bothering JJ out of him, it's Daniel. He really needs to switch his specialty and take over Marlena's practice, especially since Marlena never seems to be available to deal with her patients' problems anyway.

Only 3 other people in Salem have young kids: Sami, Hope, and Abe. I'd hardly say Hope and Abe ignore Ciara and Theo. Considering how very little we see of Abe and since Ciara is an integral part of Hope's story right now (although Hope's airtime is also limited) I think Hope and Abe's screen time with their kids fits with how little screen time their characters have.

JJ and Daniel continue to have the most contrived relationship in recent DAYS history. Here's a thought. JJ has an uncle, Lucas Horton, whom he's confided in before and who actually knew JJ's dad. Why not kill two birds with one stone - JJ gets a familial confidante and Lucas gets screen time.

I assume just because we don't see it doesn't mean Marlena isn't seeing her patients. She's another character that has limited screen time and could very well be knee deep dealing with the woos and sorrows of many Salemites. They had Paige over hear Kayla counseling a rape victim. Why not show Marlena counseling a patient and being called away if only to let viewers know she's still practicing? The writers don't because Marlena's character as an individual isn't important.

Edited to add: 4 people have kids, forgot Will and Sonny. And they have Ari more times than not, even if she spends more time sleeping than awake.

Aiden also has a young kid. And while we do see Hope with Ciara a bit, it is always having breakfast or dinner at the Pub. However, I do think it was mentioned that they had gone to DisneyLand, or Disney World on vacation.

The only person who spends little time with her kids is Sami, and daddy Ej.

And I do think the majority of Days viewers really want Lucas to have more airtime, a story, and I really hope that the show will realize the gold they have in him.

Hope is constantly saying Ciara is at Caroline's and Ciara complains that Hope is always working and never home. She also has been seen NOT disciplining Ciara, such as when Ciara pushed Chase and Hope excused it on the grounds that she was upset about Bo, and when she didn't set any rules beforehand or coming along when Ciara went off on her shopping trip with Sami, then solved the problem by giving the earrings to charity.

Abe is a question mark, since we rarely see him and haven't seen Theo in months.

The only people we really ever see spending time with their kids are Daniel and Aiden, both of whom spend a ton of time with them. Daniel also is often seen calling Parker when he's not on screen, and considering how his relationships affect Parker, so I'm not sure where this idea that Daniel never spends any time with Parker comes from.

As for Lucas, I don't recall JJ ever confiding in him--can you remind me? In any case, he doesn't spend much time with Jen or her kids, while Daniel has been a constant presence in JJ's life from the moment JJ declared war on him, through JJ's nervous breakdown over learning about Jack's past, Theresa's OD, the aftermath of that, and now encouraging JJ to have more confidence in himself.While Lucas should get more screen time, I'd prefer it be in a way that makes sense. To me, JJ suddenly having a relationship with Lucas would be a lot more contrived than having a relationship with a man who seemed set to be his stepfather and made it clear that he would stil treat JJ as his stepson despite no longer dating his mother.

So many things are contrived on this show right now. (I don't mind Daniel and JJ, though, just no Daniel and Jennifer.) What gets me is the way Paige is now talking to Kayla about Jack !!!! :rolleyes: Yeah, Kayla brought up his name, so what ? Like others have said, Paige should have known who Jack was. And the rest is none of her business. Seriously, what is this ? While Kayla and Jack never had a great relationship after the rape (and that was fine, contrary to the love fest between Sami and EJ :sick: ), she did manage to forgive Jack for what he had done. And Jack did help Kayla on more than one occasion after he was redeemed. So, again, a very, very contrived way to create cheap drama. Again, if they want to tackle JJ having a hard time dealing with Jack's actions, then show him with family. With Kayla (who could precisely tell JJ she did manage to get over her ordeal and have civil encounters with Jack) and with Jennifer. NOT with Paige. It's really none of her business !

Kristen and Brady : :sick::sick::sick::sick:

I bet John will not tell about Theresa hitting him. That would be too easy... and too great to watch for me and many others, I'm sure.

Daniel : I still think he should tell someone, if not the police, about his suspicions. Why is he keeping quiet ? It does not make any sense to me.

I FF Sami and Chad. I just can't stand Sami anymore. Sorry.

Back