Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 6, 2014

I agree, TheWriter. There's a clip on youtube i found this afternoon of Jack apologizing to Kayla and saying how he felt guilty for years, that he learned from the experience how bad violence was, etc, and THAT'S what JJ needs to know about. I know JJ seems to have this habit of talking around issues until he loses his nerve and manages not to say anything, but I wish he had told Kayla SOMETHING when he sat down with her so we can get the ball rolling on getting this resolved. Some way, some how, JJ needs to be able to move on past his own guilt over the past, and I think knowing that his father also redeemed himself after a lot of hard work and WAS the man JJ knew him to be would go a long way towards that.

I think that Kristen's insistence that Theresa did it is throwing Daniel off because he doesn't trust her not to try to discredit Theresa in order to steal Brady back and/or get back in his good graces. I agree, though, it's beyond time for doubts. If Daniel told Marlena his suspicions they'd be confirmed. In my mind, it proves he lost something valuable when he threw away his friendship with Nicole because I think he would share his suspicions with her.

There was a lot of "filler" scenes today. Ones not needed, and the Sami/Chad ones were first. As much as I love Julie, hers were the same. It is becoming very obvious that the shows have been re-edited, scenes thrown together so that a Friday "cliffhanger" episode can be manufactured out of the mess. It also is very obvious that Days is just marking time til the sweeps in November. Nothing moves, nothing is accomplished, just dragggg, dragggg, dragggg.

That reminds me also, in Kayla's conversation with Paige where she said Jack encouraged her to be a doctor...is that something that actually happened or was it made up for the purpose of introducing Jack's name into the conversation? :rolleyes: I don't remember any such thing and so far I haven't found a clip of it anywhere (that's what I was looking for when I found the clip of Jack apologizing to Kayla)

I yelled at the TV when Kristen kept getting closer to Brady.
I hope he runs out the door.

I need some back history on Julie and Eve. Julie told Eve she
looked different.

Since Paige brought up Kayla and Jack, I wonder if JJ will tell
her everything now. You know what they say when opportunity
knocks and she knocked on the door

I laughed when Stefano and EJ were on the phone. I can't believe
EJ thought he could double cross Stefano.

Line of the day Maxine to Daniel "if you want to know the latest
on John Black, seems his memory is coming back". Funny line
and the actress had to stop herself from laughing

Thanks for the summary. The final scene with EJ and Chad sounds like it will be a good part of tomorrow's show! EJ's scenes with Stefano and Chad's with Sami were good, in my opinion, despite Sami being annoying as usual.

The rest of the stuff was filler. Julie was not needed today. How many times will we see Theresa worrying about John or Kristen thinking she can win back Brady? This is all getting old, but I love how John is learning the truth of what happened that night.

I enjoy Daniel and JJ's friendship but would love it also if JJ started hanging out with Lucas. It doesn't have to be forced; it can be explained/mentioned that they hung out often off-screen. He is Lucas' half-nephew, after all.

I love how much we've been seeing of Kayla lately.

Pity poor Bo Brady. He's destroyed his marriage and missed a lot of his daughter growing up all because of some years-long mad quest to "bring down" the DiMeras. If he'd have stuck around, he could have watched as the members of the infamous family destroyed themselves: EJ betrays Stefano, Chad betrays EJ, Stefano threatens to destroy EJ, while Kristen the wicked witch pursues her own bizarre agenda, not caring one iota how much trouble it might cause other family members. Sorry, Santo, but your dynasty seems to be collapsing just like Edgar Allen Poe's House of Usher. Someday, Salemites just might say, "Hey, remember the DiMeras," and then shake their heads and laugh.

Edited to add: 4 people have kids, forgot Will and Sonny. And they have Ari more times than not, even if she spends more time sleeping than awake.

Kayla also has a young son named Joey Johnson. He only airs on Christmas Day. :rolleyes:

I too fast forwarded Sami and Chad. No interest in either character.

It was black and white day in Salem: Eve and Jeannie T. wearing similar dresses, Jen wearing a black dress(loved the hair) and Kristen in a grey animal print dress. Eve's dress was horrible and I could have sworn I saw her shapewear underneath too. Looked very see through to me.

Today's episode was a good example of what happens when you toss a bunch of good actors in the air with poor writing. A bunch of characters walking around Salem doing absolutely NOTHING to advance the storyline!

Happy to see John get more airtime but I'm done with the Jeannie T reveal flashbacks. Let's move on.

It was a fairly good show today. I loved John remembering the events of that night Theresa hit him. She must have been nervous when he called her into his room. He called her Jeannie and she did not get upset like she normally does when someone calls her by her name. I also think John is not going to mention his suspicions about her right now because he fears that Brady will run back to Kristen.

I really hope JJ is able to talk to someone in his family about his concerns and what really happened between Kayla and Jack. JJ should not be talking about this issue with either Paige or Daniel, they are not family, were not around when the incident occurred, and it is not their business. Daniel also did not know Jack well enough in later years as evidenced by his conversation with Eve last week. This should be a discussion JJ should have with Jennifer, Kayla, Lucas, or Adrienne, as all are members of his family and also knew Jack during the time he was with Kayla or in the aftermath that led to his redemption.

As to the issue of the parents interacting with their kids, Daniel is on the air far more than most of the other characters with the exception of Sami/EJ, and I will admit Daniel will win the father of the year award over those two, so of course we see him with Parker or talking to him on the phone more. However, Hope, Aiden, Will/Sonny, Kayla, and Abe are not on enough to see them with the kids as much, but I will say if Hope is not working, she usually has Ciara with her. Aiden is shown with Chase quite often, and Will is home with Arianna most of the time and when he isn't, Sonny has her. Before she left, Gabi had the baby a lot. Abe and Kayla with Theo and Joey are rarely seen except for lately when they have been working, so I don't doubt they have the kids when they are not on screen.

Chad/Sami, Eve/Julie were just filler information. As for Kristen and Brady, that scene at the end was just blah.

Abe and Kayla with Theo and Joey are rarely seen except for lately when they have been working, so I don't doubt they have the kids when they are not on screen.

Fair enough. By the same token, then, I think we can assume Maggie talks to Sarah and Melissa a lot off screen.

Regarding Julie, if I recall correctly she also gave Eve her share of Nick Corelli's inheritance to facilitate the annulment of Eve's marriage to Jack.

I thought it was an inside joke about the recast too but thanks for the backstory on Julie and Eve. By the time I started watching, Julie owned the club "Wings" however, Eve was no longer singing there.

ETA: I missed the "Jeannie" comment since I don't pay very close attention anymore however, it would be AWESOME if John started referring to her as "Jeannie T" or "Jeannie D" similar to how he used to call Nicole "Nikki K" back when she was married to Victor. I think the nicknames are Drake Hogestyn(John) ad-libbing rather than scripted. I recall reading that a while back.

Back