Days of Our Lives - Mon. Sept. 12, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, September 12, 2016

Excellent episode. Victor has Brady meet him at the hospital, has found the person who kidnapped Tate - Titus Drew. Brady is a bit skeptical, wants to see him, they go down to the morgue, check someone in a body bag. Victor says he confronted Titus, who admitted it all. Vic says they argued, Titus got quite belligerent, Stavros was there, they got into a fight, Titus pulled a gun, Stavros shot him. Brady apologizes for doubting him. They are up by the nurses’ station now, Theresa arrives, is all smiles at seeing them together, he wants to see Tate, she took him home, but Vic can see him tomorrow at the wedding. Vic now insists that instead of city hall, they have their wedding at the mansion, Deimos has invited them to move back in (Maggie & Vic) & not only say o.k. to have the wedding, but promised to vanish for the day.

Earlier Theresa was in the square with Tate, Kate comes along, Theresa is ranting over knowing what Kate did, Kate thinks it is about Tate, but it is actually about some designs, a show, or something. She gets a call, which gives Kate time to smile with Tate for a bit, plus have a huge flashback.

Interesting....as (black & white) she talks to Tate in his crib, is sorry, but it will only be for a while. This is not going to be like Austin & Billie, I am not going to take you permanently away from your parents, you soon will be back with them, I am not going to tell them you are dead, or anything like that. Lauren will take good care of you, and soon you will be back. She mutters how she hates doing this, but hates Victor & Deimos even more.

John & Paul are out of breath, having just finished a run. They chatter away about being in shape, the P.I. business, how well Paul is doing at it. John is proud of him.

Over at the prison, Orpheus is laying on his cot, talking of who he would get rid of first, that would be Roman, for Rebecca. Then next, Marlena Evans....and John Black. yes, all of them. A bit later, Clyde is sitting in a large room playing solitaire, Xander comes in, Clyde comments that he hasn’t been around much, but Xander likes to be alone at times, wants to think. Talks about the little witches (spell that with a b) that he wants to eliminate......Nicole Walker & Theresa Donovan. A guard comes in....the transport van is here, time to go. They all get up and leave.

Gabi comes upon Paul in the square, she has been shopping all day again, tells about Chad, new image, yada, yada. She joins him, let’s have a drink before I get back to Ari, who is with Sonny presently. She is happy Sonny is back, so is Paul, glad Sonny is getting time with Ari, mentions he & Sonny will always be friends. They talk a bit about him working with his father, she mentions missing her dad, who left because of threats to his family.

Shawn has come into the living room, where Belle & Claire were talking about Hong Kong, Claire beats a fast retreat, whispering to her dad to just listen. Belle tells him of the job offer in Hong Kong, he gets ticked she accepted without discussing it with him, she explains about calling him, even going to the station. Shawn gets over it, they talk, she will not go if he is not o.k. and wants him to come, too. Claire will stay behind, agreed to go back to college. Chad calls, important something came up, she has to leave tonight. She says for Shawn to let her know, as she will tell Chad no dice. He tells her to take the job, but then says he won’t go with her, but he is proud of her, wants her to have it all. She went to Maine because of him, they both made mistakes, not to be repeated. Belle is shedding tears (real ones) wiping them away, but Shawn wants her to go, only a year. He leaves.

Shawn sits in the park with a cup of coffee, remembering a roll in the hay with Belle, Claire comes along, tells him he should go to Hong Kong, tells of a time they were in Munich, she was very little, but they had singing, & he & Belle got up, were singing, even tho they did not speak German, just a lot of gibberish...adventures, that is what they had then.

John & Marlena sit with Belle as she tells them of leaving town, the new job, helping Chad get the DiMera business legit. She will only be gone about a year, John is a bit perplexed, but both wish their daughter the best, hugs, kisses all around. Now John & Marlena sit alone, talking of this being the worst party ever. Marlena says well, Brady is doing fine, a toast to Brady & Theresa. LOL, as John makes a face, well, to Brady, yeah, am working on the other, not there yet. They talk of their own upcoming wedding, no date, as John has a few things to work out yet.

Later, they are joined by Roman, who explains all about Titus being the kidnapper, Stavros a witness to his confession, and how he is dead. They have checked Titus’s computer & bank accounts, ties to Lauren and to the Chopin Group. So they have nothing to dispute. Case closed.

In the prison transport, the 3 convicts ride in silence....a fist clenches, the sleeve says Dept. of Corrections. And then later we see it is Eduardo in the uniform, grabbing someone, nearly choking the person (it is pretty dark in there) as he growls not to ever threaten his family again, ever. Squeal of brakes, the sound of a crash.

Eduardo comes to, checks on the unconscious drive, who is beginning to come to. He gets out of the vehicle, which is in the midst of brush, trees, branches, etc.

And now we get scenes......Roman gets a call as he sits with John & Marlena, he snaps out questions, “know which way they went?” Victor gets a call, his expression changes. Brady & Theresa are all happy back at home, Brady gets a call from grand dad. And then John gets a call, is looking at Marlena, there is a closeup. In all cases, the smiles disappear, the expressions tell us what those calls were about.

Well the escape is interesting. Eduardo being responsible for it. And it appeared that the prisoners were not at all restrained? That seems odd. But hopefully leads to good story.

Sorry Shawn and Belle are leaving but glad they are leaving together. Hopefully they will come back and sooner than a year. She's a crack lawyer, I'm sure she can whip Hong Kong into shape pretty quick. :rotfl:

It was not exactly a red-letter day for law enforcement. First Victor had no problem in selling the absurd fiction that the hapless Titus Drew was the Tater Totnapper, and then in a shocking lack of prison security that anywhere but Salem would cause heads to roll, idiotic Eduardo was able to impersonate a prison guard and attack a convict, which caused a crash that allowed the laughably unrestrained passengers to easily make their escape. Couldn't the writers have done better than this? By watching a few episodes of the prison-escape program, I Almost Got Away with It, they could have concocted an escape plan worthy of Orpheus's evil genius and which would have provided a more plausible scenario for the simultaneous escape of the unholy trio.

As for the Brady-Donovan nuptials, how would Jeannie T. have reacted to the idea of a K-mansion wedding if Victor had something like: "The mansion is a great place for a wedding. Sure, Melanie Jonas, another bride who was about to be wed there was shot, but what are the chances of this happening again?"

Finally, pity poor Mr. Shin. This clever operator survived years at DiMera Enterprises with the ruthless Stefano at the helm, then the Kate-Sami regime, and finally Stefano's counter-coup, but now finds himself the target of a house-cleaning program carried out by do-gooders Chad and Belle.

By the way.......Titus Drew is not really dead. Seems Vic paid off a morgue employee who had a body of a terrible accident victim there, so......that person became "Titus". And Titus himself was sent off out of the country to the East somewhere, never to return, paid handsomely, and knows what will happen if he turns up there again. Lauren was also well compensated so won't say anything wrong.

This Victor told to Kate, to assure her it was all taken care of, and of course Kate reminded him she still has the goods on him & Deimos should anything come back to get her in trouble.. LOL

So wait we're losing Lauren and Titus Drew not only in the same week but on the same day? Boy I thought it was bad this summer when we lost the Model, the Photographer *sob* and Clark so close together. However will the show survive when they keep knocking down the pillars that have kept it standing for so long?

Paul and Gabi: I liked those scenes for the same reason I liked the Chad and Sonny scenes so much: it's just nice to see friendship being shown after months of doom and gloom. Although I did get kind of a chuckle out of Gabi saying she had been shopping for a "client" like this is something she had been doing for a while. I half expected Paul to say "Client? Since when do you have clients?" LOL

I certainly didn't expect Eduardo to be involved in causing the crash that allowed the Unholy Three to make their escape. That definitely puts a new and unexpected wrinkle on things. I am hooked already.

My only problem with this story thus far is coming up with a good nickname for our escapees. I mean the Unholy Three describes them well enough but it's not very imaginative. I thought of trying to come up with something using alliteration but all I initially came up with was the "Terrible Trio" but that's also too easy and obvious and lacks a certain epic quality. Then I came up with the "Terrifying Titans of Terror" but that is redundant and sounds complimentary.

Then I thought of the "Malignant Minions of Mayhem" but that's kind of a mouthful both to say and type on a regular basis. So I'll keep trying to come up with something and naturally you all will be kept posted on how things develop on that front.

Oh, wait how about the "Scurvy Scalawags of Scumminess"?

Um, yeah, the Unholy Three it is.

Last edited:
Were they seriously trying to humanize Kate in the little episode with Tate? It didn't change my opinion of her. Please let her be sent back to the fishing boat where she belongs.

So who did Eduardo think threatened his family? Clyde? I don't know and really don't care, so maybe the question is unnecessary. The whole scene was dumb on so many levels.

I really hate this Kate kidnapping Tate thing but I suppose if it puts an end to the story then so be it. I'm guessing there was originally a different, perhaps more drawn out, plan to this story but the writing change precipitated a hasty rewrite. I hope that one day Brady and Theresa find out that it was Kate that did it and that Victor covered it up to save his own butt.

Does Henderson still work at the K-Mansion? Because he is going to have a coronary when he finds out a wedding will be taking place there in less than 24 hours.

So is this goodbye to Shawn and Belle? This is terrible.

I'm interested in the prison escapee storyline. I was a little caught off guard to see Eduardo though. I thought he left town. Since when did he take a job at the Correctional Facility?? So random. And was the guy he accosted in the van the jerk Dario hired to attack Gabi? It was hard to tell what was going on there.

Interesting....as (black & white) she talks to Tate in his crib, is sorry, but it will only be for a while. This is not going to be like Austin & Billie, I am not going to take you permanently away from your parents, you soon will be back with them, I am not going to tell them you are dead, or anything like that. Lauren will take good care of you, and soon you will be back. She mutters how she hates doing this, but hates Victor & Deimos even more.
Well, 5 points to the writers for this. I still don't think Kate would do this and I still hate this resolution, but at least they tried to explain it.
So is this goodbye to Shawn and Belle? This is terrible.
I second that emotion. These kids are not only the spawn of two of daytime's most popular supercouples ever, but are one in their own right, as well.

Great show. Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

So Roman and Brady believed what Victor told them about Titus Drew. Only in Salem :)

I laughed when Kate said Lauren since it's the actress' name. And Kate gets to skate
after kidnapping Tate.

Sad scene with Belle and her parents. Nice to hear John say Tink. Great seeing Shawn and
Belle at the end :love:

I'm glad John and Marlena talking about their wedding. I hope they do it soon.

Who was Eduardo after? Was it the man Dario paid to hurt Gabi? You couldn't see his face.

Interesting to hear Orpheus say Roman Brady killed Rebecca and he said John Black was next
on his list. So he knows John is no longer Roman.

I still don't think Kate would do this and I still hate this resolution, but at least they tried to explain it.
I agree that the motivation here is very, very weak but this is the same show (different writers, of course) that thought nothing of having Kate, an ex-hooker, blackmail Chloe into prostitution with whatshisname (although, if I'm not mistaken, this may have been Dena Higley, current head writer). And then the fiasco with Jordan/Clyde, given Kate's history with Curtis, made no sense as well. So basically the precedent has been set here, specifically with this character. Just sayin'.

Do we have a new Tater tot?

And really??? Brady is a commercial for what happens to your brains on drugs. He bought that story?? Anyone buys that story??

I agree with everything said about the van carrying the Unholy Trio.

But Shawn and Belle were good. And it's been a while since I've been able to stomach them.

Back