Days of Our Lives - Mon. Sept. 15, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, September 15, 2014

People in Salem are very lucky, here it is mid-September, Fall is in the air, but the weather is still summery in that midwest town, must be in the 80s, the way they are still dressing. LOL.
Jennifer is all dressed up in a beautifuly sun dress, ready to take just a walk, so she says. Both Abby and JJ think she looks great, JJ is off the big college bash, Abby to a date with Ben when he gets off work.
A nervous Eve is checking with Jill, making sure she is on the job, disposable phone intact and working. Paige & MaryBeth come out, looking great, ready for the 4th of July big party.. (Oops, sorry, I mean the big September keg bash in the park). Paige leaves the room, Eve checks with MaryBeth to make sure she knows what she has to do. JJ arrives, and off he kids go. Meanwhile Jill meets up with Rory, and they are off to the party, where JJ & the girls eventually find them. Rory & Jill have beer, the others don't want any, but Rory goes to get them some. MaryBeth gets ticked, leaves to go find "cool kids".
Rory brings beers to Paige & JJ, who takes one sip, but Paige is not happy. She knows the cops raided this party last year and year before, doesn't want them to get in any trouble. JJ agrees, they toss the beers, he gets sodas. Now MaryBeth comes along, claiming she hurt her arm, may be sprained or broken, hurts like heck. Says she was between a keg and big crown of guys and was hurt in the crowd to get to the keg. She wants Paige (and no JJ) to take her to the hospital. She wins out, Paige goes with her, leaving JJ alone. Jill comes up, all clingy, Rory tried to stick his tongue down her throat. She is grabbing on to JJ, holding him. He calms her down, will go get the drunken Rory to apologize.
Jill's friend comes up, took a picture, but the gals don't think it will do. Jill's friend has a "roofie" (whatever that is) gives one to Jill to put in JJ's soda. She takes off, JJ returns with Rory, who says he is sorry, JJ tells him go sit under that tree. JJ drinks his soda down, isn't feeling well, stumbles around, finally sitting on a bench, where he passes out. (Eve is pacing in her apt., wondering what is taking so long). Jill & her friend come up to JJ, Jill begins unbuttoning his shirt, telling her friend to get ready to take the pic.

Kristen is yammering away at Daniel that it had to have been Theresa who hit John, not Brady, it is why she is so nervous about John waking up. Daniel starts to protest, but then flashes back to a series of memories of Theresa's comments about John to him, questions, and tells Kristen he thinks she might be right. Now Kristen is babbling about them working together, they are arguing, he is physically pulling her to the door to eject her, and when he opens it, there stands Jennifer. Of course his phone rings right then, leaving Kristen & Jen to question what each is doing there, to argue about the last time they saw each other, for Jen to let Kristen know she is not her friend, for Kristen to try and pull a sad face, want to call her, and Jen to say NO. Kristen leaves.
Daniel returns, wonders why Jen is there, she mentions her walk, he doubts it..in that dress. She asks about Kristen, they soon are arguing, Jen questioning him even opening the door to Kristen. Daniel tells her she once again is questioning his judgement, just as she did with Nicole, and now Kristen, and it all, every bit, is none of her business. She leaves, he is frustrated, actually opens the door to call her back, but the elevator doors have closed.
He goes to the hospital, spots Paige sitting with MaryBeth, hears about MaryBeth being hurt, and the long wait to be seen, as Paige says about 200 are ahead of them. He is off duty, but will take a look at MaryBeth's arm, and see what is what.

Theresa has burst in on Brady, who just came home, and babbles incessantly about something she has to tell him, takes forever to do so, but finally spits out that Kristen has threatened her, she is scared. Brady takes off.
Theresa is worried, has fantasy about going to John's room, muttering "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." She takes a pillow, places it over John's face and presses down. Back to the present.....Theresa is figuring she has to do what she has to do.

Replay of EJ coming home, picking up a message and getting a right to the jaw from Chad, who announces "I'm home". Chad now pulls a gun, yammers at EJ about :"bagging the woman he loved" the minute he was gone. He is sorry he took that bullet for EJ, should have let EJ be killed, we would not be standing here. EJ takes off his jacket, goes on and on about it being a mistake, but Chad is back at him, with a "mistake you did again, and again, and again". They argue back and forth, til Chad has had enough. He figures EJ's time is up, aims right at his head, and pulls the trigger. LOL, click, click, click. He pulls the trigger several times, EJ is reeling, as Chad says, oops, guess I forgot to put in the bullets. Remember that. He leaves.

Kristen returns home, to her dark hotel room, puts on the light to find Brady sitting there. She is all happy, but he is not. He is very calm, talks of her getting the drug for his dad, and how Eric had to promise not to testify, so she goes free. She claims it was daddy who did that, but Brady tells her he knows it was all her. Now he talks about Theresa, telling her to stay away from her, from Eric, marlena, my dad, everyone I care about., or I will kill you. He walks out. Kristen mutters that she doesn't have to take down Theresa, John will do it all by himself.

Abby is with Ben, who has to work a couple more hours. She decides she won't stay there, will return and goes to sit in the park. Ben calls, will be done in two minutes. O.K. she will be coming. She turns, and gets completely surprised, there stands Chad!

Jill's friend comes up, took a picture, but the gals don't think it will do. Jill's friend has a "roofie" (whatever that is) gives one to Jill to put in JJ's soda. She takes off, JJ returns with Rory, who says he is sorry, JJ tells him go sit under that tree. JJ drinks his soda down, isn't feeling well, stumbles around, finally sitting on a bench, where he passes out. (Eve is pacing in her apt., wondering what is taking so long). Jill & her friend come up to JJ, Jill begins unbuttoning his shirt, telling her friend to get ready to take the pic.

This sounds like the same thing Kristen did to Eric. Non-consensual sexual activity including taking suggestive photos/videos is not okay when the victim is a guy any more than it is when a man does it to a woman, and I wish DAYS would stop using this plot device, ESPECIALLY if they aren't going to follow through with a proper story about the after effects. (We didn't really see Eric having any emotional after effects other than that permanent frown, which doesn't count in my opinion, so I have little faith the writers will do much better with JJ.). I hope that at least it turns out that Jill came up with the drugging angle on her own. The idea of Eve encouraging a troubled girl to drug and undress JJ just to mess with him and Paige is extremely disturbing to me.

So let me get this straight...the big college party is in the public park?!? Does Salem U not have fraternities/sororities?

If a couple of guys had did what the hookers did to JJ to a girl there would be all kinds of outrage.

Eve needs to get a life. She should go have drinks with Anne and snark about Jennifer.

Was I the only disappointed that Chad didn't shoot EJ?

Is Jennifer trying to take over the "Pathetic Twit" title from Sami?

Why is Theresa behaving like a sociopath?

What has Chad been smoking in Boston? He used to just run his mouth and beat up and/or threaten Nick Fallon. Now, he comes back to Salem babbling that he's a DiMera and then points a gun at a family member and pulls the trigger. Even witchy Kristen never stooped this low. As for the E.R. scene, Paige and Marybeth arrive at what passes for the University Hospital E.R. and there's nobody else waiting? Salem must have the healthiest, least accident-prone people in the country.

I loved the little flinch EJ did when Chad pulled the trigger. LOL. I guess I will have to give this new Chad a chance but he reminds me (the way he looks) so much of Nick that I'm having a hard time so far. My first impression is poor casting but we'll see.

That college party was a joke. I'm sorry but no public park is going to be able to host some college keg party unless there's some way to control the alcohol. They should have just called it a frat party at a frat house and made the scenery look more like a backyard (lawn chairs, fire pit, corn hole, etc.). How dumb. But then again, sets are not exactly this show's forte. :rolleyes:

There are no words for Jennifer. What exactly was she expecting from Daniel? She got all up in his business once again. When is she going to learn? When is Daniel going to learn? Seriously, writers....this couple has gone its course. Please end the insanity now.

What has Chad been smoking in Boston? He used to just run his mouth and beat up and/or threaten Nick Fallon. Now, he comes back to Salem babbling that he's a DiMera and then points a gun at a family member and pulls the trigger. Even witchy Kristen never stooped this low. As for the E.R. scene, Paige and Marybeth arrive at what passes for the University Hospital E.R. and there's nobody else waiting? Salem must have the healthiest, least accident-prone people in the country.

They mentioned that so many were ahead of her, they would be there all night--or words to that effect.

It doesn't make sense to have party in the park unless it on the Salem U campus.
Didn't Eve and Jen know liquor would be involved? Why are parents letting
their underage children attend without older students or adults supervision?

It would have been funnier if Chad said "Bang" instead of clicking the gun.

I knew as soon as Daniel opened the door to let Kristen out, Jen Jen would
be there. why oh why did she lie to him wearing something like that?

Why can't the writers think of something new? We already had a woman
give a male a drug and take pictures/video :rolleyes:

The clothes in Salem are bothering me because it's cooler weather
and people aren't wearing jackets. The skirts on Paige and Abby
are very short.

Today we saw two fantasies, Jen with Daniel and Theresa killing John.
We also saw a park and heard Parker's name.

That college party was a joke. I'm sorry but no public park is going to be able to host some college keg party unless there's some way to control the alcohol.
Good point. Everything else about the Salem U. party was also absurd, even by Salem's bizarroland standards.
1) Alcohol was being served to incoming freshman (i.e., minors). Where are Roman's cops? (Probably attending to private business or enjoying some beers themselves.)
2) Rory falling-down drunk after only a few minutes. Either he's got abolutely no tolerance for alcohol or he can suck down beers at superhuman speed.
3) Why was Rory still being served in his condition? If the standard was anybody standing upright (sort of), perhaps they were also serving the park squirrels. (If so, a possible headline for tomorrow's Salem Spectator would be Drunken Squirrels Run Amok at University Party!).
4) Prissy Jenny and Eve carrying on about Paige's and JJ's first college party as though they were five-years-old and it was their first day of school.

Enjoyed how Kristen and Daniel figured out Theresa hurt John, not Brady.

Fast forwarded thru the party stuff, yes, every college party I ever went to was ON campus or at a frat house.

The new Chad could be the twin brother of the actor who played Nick, Blake Berris. Chad looks more like Nick, than the old Chad. Better looking than both also. :)

Today we had stalker Jennifer back on the show. Is she going to follow Daniel all around town now? I can't believe how the writers write women as pathetic and needy on this show. First, we have Nicole following Eric all around town. We also have Sami considering going back to EJ, and now Jennifer with Daniel.

I really wish Eve would leave JJ alone. Seriously, she's giving off a Kate vibe with her obsession over her child's love life. That was a pretty pathetic party. I wonder if Super Doc Dan will figure out that MaryBeth is pretending an injury to her arm.

I'm not too impressed with the new Chad. His scenes with EJ were tedious. I figured that gun had no bullets (though I wish he had shot EJ). This actor would have been a better replacement for Nick, he looks so much like him.

I thought Daniel would not believe Kristen when she told him her theory about Theresa, thinking that she was making it up, but I wonder how he plans to handle the situation?

This new Chad resembles Nick, not to sure about him, however I did like him scaring the crap outta EJ. Jennifer's stalking of Daniel is just out of control especially when she keeps going off on him because she doesn't like the scenes she keeps walking up on and starts jumping to the wrong conclusions all the time. Jennifer is pulling an EJ and is starting to become obsessed with Daniel.

What I really would like to see, if the writers had any sense at all :rolleyes:, is Daniel getting a restraining order against Jennifer. Not him saying that he wants her out of his life, minding her own business, and then, acting like a puppy dog two seconds later. He has to stand his ground, once and for all.

Seriously, Jennifer is indeed harassing Daniel and it's not endearing, cute, it's not because she "loves" him, it's just sickening, plain and simple. When are the writers going to get that obsession is not love ? Nothing about harassment and abuse is romantic. Nothing. :beat:

A mediocre episode.
Why is this party in the Park! Stupid! And I am hating this dumb Eve storyline! Either send her packing or pair her up with someone that would be a good influence on her.

Jennifer and Daniel are getting as bad as Liam and Hope on B&B--it has been years of non-getting togethers for both couples. Time to move on!

Theresa is just awful but I'm loving how Brady is going after Kristen to protect her! Kristen should have known that would happen after she threatened her.

Chad looks like Nick now. But he is doing a good job--love how he made EJ flinch with the gun. I just wish it had bullets in it. We all, I think, wish that Chad let EJ take Marge's bullet last year.

Abby and Ben are so cute together. But I am sure the writers as always, will find a way to ruin them as well,

Back