Days of Our Lives - Mon. Sept. 19th, 2011

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
There was lots of filler in this episode. Sorry that I had to summarize it, but I was much too tired to fill in every little detail. It's without a doubt terribly written. I'll update as I see things I can change. LOL. But atleast it's here. If anything is unclear, let me know and I’ll re-explain. :) Sorry again. Hehe

Short Summary:
•Dario has to leave for Argentina tonight! An emotional goodbye between him and Melanie.
•Everyone is trying to find clothing for Bo and Hopes party. We have a corny fashion show (People walk out, spin… clips of others giving thumbs up and laughing. Your basic corny television fashion show!)
•Quinn is sent to jail, while Vivian blames Taylor for everything. Gus is STILL overlooked and ignored. The cops want to put Taylor in jail for feeding Quinn information, but alas! They have no proof. :)
•Abe has decided to run for mayor again.

Full Summary:

At the pub, Melanie tells Dario that they are going to Sonny’s house to pick out clothing for a party. Dario tells Melanie that he can’t do to the party because there was a change in the terms of his promotion; he has to leave for Argentina… tonight. They sit and Melanie is really torn up.

At Victors, Maggie has set up a ton of clothing racks and a mirror in the living room for everyone to come get clothing for Bo and Hope’s party. Maggie, Abby, Adrienne, Chad, Sonny, and Gabi are all trying on clothes. Adrienne suggest that the guys try and find two suits, so when they get their website up and running they have suits to wear to meetings. She also asks when they’re site will get up and running. Will enters and says sarcastically, “2057.” He has a huge file folder of “legal stuff” from the university. Abby tells them to forget about all of that today, and just come and try on suits.

Quinn keeps telling everyone that he’s innocent. Hope, Bo, and Rafe think otherwise. They bring him into the questioning room. Quinn says over and over that he’s innocent. The cop gang think they have evidence that says otherwise—and now that they have him, he’s going to pay. They remove him from the questioning room to put him in a cell when Taylor, Vivian and Gus show up. Vivian is outraged and Gus tries comforts her. Vivian yells after Quinn that she’s going to get him the best attorney she can buy.

Lexi is stilling alone at Chez Rouge… Abe walks in and kisses Lexi. He announces that Bo and Hope have arrested a suspect. They talk about the upcoming election; Abe is thinking of not running. Lexi convinces him to run again.

Bo and Hope discuss the fact that they can’t really trust Taylor; even if she was only arrested for protesting at a human rights demonstration. Vivian is on the phone trying to locate an attorney. Vivian asks Gus if he called the attorney’s she gave him. He said he left messages with all of them. Gus tries to explain to her to be careful, because he thinks Quinn is guilty. Vivian calls him unloyal, and through gritted teeth spits some evil sayings at Gus.

Meanwhile, Rafe hands Quinn some clothes and they’re sending him to a cell. They take Quinn away and Melanie and Dario come in. They break the news about Argentina to Rafe. Rafe is sad about him leaving. But eventually, he realizes why Dario has to go; these types of opportunities don’t come around very often! Rafe has to leave to go put Quinn in his cell.

Vivian talks to Taylor. Bo butts in. Vivian tells Bo that her son is a model citizen! Bo shows her the criminal record that says different… Vivian looks at it and starts shouting. Taylor tries to calm her down, but her wording is all wrong and it sends Vivian on a tangent. Vivian blames Taylor for EVERYTHING.

Justin shows up and Adrienne gives him the teenagers’ legal documents. She asks him to deal with it. Justin and Adrienne talk about “The Party” neither of them knows much about it. Melanie and Dario enter. They announce the Argentina news. Maggie takes Melanie and wants to show her something. Gabi is very sad.

Maggie comforts Melanie and gives her a hug. Maggie has a special dress for Melanie. The teens all have a corny fashion show. The girls come out and do some spins. Some people dance and kiss; it’s super cheesy. Really weird music (no offence to the writers) plays and it’s shot with creepy camera angles. Funky dancing, too. It was… weird. Melanie walks in with her “special” dress and it looks… TERRIBLE on her. I’m sorry. It does. But everyone turns and smiles. She and Dario dance. Lots of crying.

Dario has to leave. He hugs Gabi, says something in Spanish. Melanie wants to drive him to the airport but the company is sending a car. She walks him out. A sweet goodbye… a kiss and he walks away. Maggie comes and comforts a sobbing Melanie.

Vivian demands visitation. Rafe brings her in to see Quinn and they hold hands and say sweet things to each other. Gus watches angrily from afar. Hope wants to put Taylor in jail for 24 hours; until she sure that she had nothing to do with feeding Quinn information.

Next Time:
•Chloe tells Brady, “I remember it all; it was Vivian’s servant, Gus.”
•Roman tells the rest of the cops, “Our suspect is unbalanced and violent so we have to take every precaution.”
•Gus springs up with a knife shouting, “Don’t come any closer!”

THAT was very good, NicoleMarie. I wonder about the dancing and "weird music", cuz I saw some clips ...admittedly of the big party...and there was no music for the dancing. It is put in later...and the music is provided by 3 guys, their own compositions usually, and one of them is Corday himself. LOL

WHY does Maggie have all these clothes at the Kmansion, and where did they come from???

Sorry, apparently Maggie searched through every closet and picked out lots of dresses and suits and put them in racks in the Kmansion living room with a mirror and they had an awkward fashion show :)

LOL, sounds like guests who have stayed or lived at the Kmansion frequently left clothes behind. Ha. Tooo funny.

So why are they wearing used clothing? Is it supposed to be retro?? I hope no one gets Kate's leftovers.

No need to apologize to the writers, NicoleMarie. They aren't in charge of lighting, music and camera angles. :)

Thanks....

Sorry! I actually meant the writer of the song. I know we have a member or two here that have written songs for the show. It wasn't that the song was bad, but it was like... upbeat "Soul" music, and Dario and Melanie were crying slow dancing to it. The song and the scene didn't fit together at all.

Thank you, NicoleMarie. Looks like the writers were looking for a way to transition to the Horton Square scenes while explaining how the college kids were able to have fancy clothes.
Please say that Melanie's dress isn't that atrocious thing she has on in the leaked video of the party........a short whitish dress with a long sheer over skirt. UGLY!!!!!!!!

It was a white shapeless dress, with like black design on the front that sort of looks like a Rorschach test!

@ NicoleMarie - Yep, that's the UGLY dress from the video. It also made her look frumpy.

@ KathyLu - In my opinion, this one is just as bad or at least a very close second to that horrendous wedding dress.

I think Melanie is such a beautiful girl. I don't understand why they pick out clothes for her that don't do her justice!! :(

I'm sad that Dario is gone. Incase I didn't make that clear, Monday is his last airdate, it seems. Dispite the problems people had with him, I'm very sad that he's gone.

Wouldn't everyone have at least one fancy dress in their closet, why would Maggie to need to furnish them? I would think the only people needing suits would be the teen guys. This really is stretching it, they must have had a hard time on re-writes to wind up so many s/l's at one time, while still working on the "Days Reset" s/l's for the future. Oh well, just one more week!

:woo:

Thanks for the humor in this Nicole. It's great. Btw I sent you a PM :):)

I would like to know the name of the song and sang it during the "fashion show at Victors mansion on 9-19-2011.does any one know? Thank You!

Got the answer from our miracle man, Jason47.......

The song is called "Sugar" and is performed by Nina Storey. She is a local, Los Angeles artist.

:welcome: Welcome to the Spectator shaye9963. (Or, if you were like me and lurked forever before posting, welcome to posting. :))

Back