Days of Our Lives - Mon. Sept. 21, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, September 21, 2015

Slam, bang, they are out of the gate! An intense, episode, very well acted by everyone, you do not want to miss a minute. At her apartment, Eve sits in sorrow, as Theresa comes out of the bedroom area with a box. She has packed up all of Paige's things, except for 3 dresses, which are laid on the bed for Eve to choose for Paige to wear. She has called for someone to pick up the clothes, and no, not the Horton Center, but the Women's Shelter where Paige volunteered at times. They hug, someone is at the door, Theresa answers, starts babbling to the guy about the boxes, he is trying to interject, but Eve nearly turns white, asking the man how he found them. She then introduces Theresa to Eduardo, Paige's father. She wants Theresa to leave, but Jeannie T wants to stay. Nope, I will call you.
With Theresa gone, Eve now gives Eddie what for about leaving them, never coming back. He thought he had more time. Well, time has run out. They argue, (Kassie dePaiva and A Martinez are fabulous) he says he never wanted a family. But Paige was a little angel. He says before they put her in the ground, he wants to know her. Eve picks up a box, saying it is full of every picture, every diary shut with a golden lock, every hope, dream, disappointment, happy times, sad times. She throws it at Eddie, have a look.
He sits looking thru pictures, some of Paige as a little child (and yes, you can tell these are personal photos of True O'Brien as a child). He asks to keep one, she says to keep the whole box, she wants it out of there, cannot bear to look at it. He wants to know if he can help her, Eve is breaking down, has long ago learned to take care of herself, stand on her own. And if Eddie did not consider himself worthy of Paige, Eve did not consider herself worthy either. But she made the effort and is not sorry for a minute. She tells of Paige being accepted to Stanford, deferred because of meeting a boy here, and they keep sending letters asking when she is due to arrive. She pulls the letters from a drawer, begins crying, telling him he can call there, tell them that Paige is never going to...she is crying hard, starting to beat him on his chest, then weeping on his shoulder....never going to arrive.

Aiden sits in a restaurant, trying to copy Stefano's signature for that check. He tries several times. A waiter brings his credit card back, it was declined. Aiden has another, but gives him cash instead. He looks at the papers, then says, what am I doing, and tears up the check he took from Stefano's checkbook. Puts the other papers in his briefcase and leaves.

Steve comes to see Victor, has gotten more info on Bo, wants info from Victor, who won't say anything. Finally Steve pulls his laptop, shows Victor a pic of Bo in a bar in Cancun, the last time anyone saw or heard about him. look who he is with. Victor says it can't be, Steve zooms the pic, in on the woman.....Britta Egland. She is dead, Bo knows that. Yep, but they did not know he did. So, he was playing along. Victor finally opens up, saying that Bo had gone to find a cure for his mother, that she doesn't really have Alzheimers, but a disease that mimics it. He found a Dr. Salinas, who has been working on a cure for years, Victor has been funding him. Steve is going to Cancun, Vic gives him the company plane.

Kayla has interrupted her work day to go pick up a now suspended Joey from school, he got into a fight. She talks earnestly to him, but he really clams up, the big chip back on his shoulder. She talks of her hospital job, caring for his grandmother, the Pub, but he is the most important. Joey won't wait in her office, is going to find dad. Kayla comments that his father usually does what he wants before he thinks of his family.

Hope & Rafe are at the cop shop, discussing the case, how it is too pat with Chad as the suspect, Justin is too eager to get the murderer behind bars, thus getting in their way. As they look at pics of Paige, they see some shadow somewhere, going to have the lab recheck. Small talk about Hope's upcoming wedding. Rafe leaves to go over Paige's apt. one more time. Hope is looking at the evidence wall, Aiden comes in, she quickly pulls a shade down over it all, chastizing him for coming in like that, he knows better, since he is repping a suspect. He claims he only figures they could stop wasting their time, and look elsewhere. Kiss, kiss.

Bo is doing pushups in his cell, hears the guard coming, quickly curls up as tho asleep, or passed out. The guard comes in with a food tray, saying Good Evening. He turns Bo over, feels his forehead, laughs that it won't be long now, don't know why we keep feeding him. The guard leaves, Bo grabs the (unappetizing) food, and eats. Later, he slides across the floor unscrewing some recepticle in the wall, trying to pull it off the wall.

Maggie & Julie are in the mansion being renovated, not too happy with the molding. They go to check the ballroom, which has been finished. Caroline seems to be having a spell, is hearing a music box (or maybe just we are) playing Fur Elise. Maggie & Julie return, Caroline suggests they go upstairs to check painting, she will go in other room to check the carpeting. She goes, hears the music box again, looks in the mirror, sees late husband, Shawn. She wants to know why he is there, what is he telling her. Is the end coming for her, is that what he is trying to tell her, that she should be getting ready, he is waiting for her? Maggie & Julie come down, go looking for Caroline, see she is upset, and suggest taking her to the hospital.

As Rafe walks thru the square, talking on the phone, he sees Eduardo! What the heck are you doing here?

Kayla is taking Caroline's blood pressure, it is fine, but Caroline asks her for the truth. Is she dying. Kayla admits the last lab tests show her disease is progressing. Caroline knows it means she is getting worse. Tells Kayla she has things she wants to take care of, before too late. Kayla kneels, tells her mom she knows Caroline is a fighter, and they are in this together, she will be with her.

Maggie comes home, takes a while, but tells Victor about taking Caroline back to the hospital, that she doesn't know what the Bradys are going to do, but Caroline is needing a facility to properly care for her, and someone to take care of the Pub. Victor finally tells Maggie about Steve going to look for Bo, that Caroline doesn't have Alzheimer's, about Dr. Salinas' attempts for a cure, how he funds it. Also that Kayla knows, but no one else because it was pointless to tell Caroline (that it wasn't Alzheimer's) and treatment was the same anyway.

Steve is on the plane, buckles himself in, tells the pilot he can take off. However, it seems they are fogged in, Steve walks around the plane, muttering, hears a noise. He stops, pulls out his swiss knife, opening the blade. He quietly opens a door to a passageway, then opens a door to a closet or storage area, yelling for the person to come out of there. And there is son Joe!

WOW! Today didn't disappoint! My goodness the scenes with Eve and Eddie were amazing!! Such chemistry between these 2 and the acting was great too! And we finally see Jeannie T comforting her sister. And I loved how when Jeannie T introduced herself as Eve's sister, Eddie referred to her as "Jeannie". Never mind how they've never met before lol. I almost would like to see a memorial service for Paige now even if it's one scene.

The Caroline storyline was terrific too though it makes no sense whatsoever that Hope wasn't brought into confidence about Caroline. She really should ream Bo and Victor for that. Completely inexcusable and insulting to Hope. I liked that Kayla has known about it--a twist I didn't see coming. Britta was before my time but I do know she was the source of conflict between Bo and Steve way back when. Perhaps that woman in the photo was a daughter?

I'm also wondering if Frank Parker (Shawn) may be on the way back in some way or form?

I also liked that Victor confided in Maggie about Caroline. And the questions from Maggie to him were on point.

I'm glad Aiden tore up the blank check. So, he does have a conscience.

GREAT ending with Eddie/Rafe and Steve/Joey. Is it tomorrow yet?

is hearing a music box (or maybe just we are) playing Fur Elise.
Ahhhh, that's it! When we heard the snippet of music box music last week or so, I thought it was Let Me Call You Sweetheart. Then I thought it was Beautiful Dreamer. Then we heard more of it today. I knew I knew the song, but just couldn't put my finger on it.

Pity the women of Salem today. Eve has her thoroughly useless ex-husband (who looks like a retired DiMera thug) appear out of nowhere; Caroline is suffering a pernicious, progressive disease and is now seeing images of her late husband; Kayla has to deal with her problem son and problem husband; and Hope is engaged to a suave gold-digging gambling addict who works for Stefano. Speaking of Salem women, Kassie DePaiva (Eve) and Peggy McCay (Caroline) turned in great performances today. Finally, it's a good thing that Joey is accompanying Steve on the great Bo quest. He certainly was going nowhere at Salem High (the teachers will breathe a sigh of relief when they realize he's gone).

Today's episode was great. The Eve/Eddie scenes were well written and well acted. Glad Theresa was there for her sister.

Kayla needs to give Joey a good swift kick in the butt. She puts him in Salem High like he wanted and he immediately screws up.

Poor Caroline. I'm glad Julie and Maggie were there for her.

I'm glad Steve finally convinced Victor that Bo really is in trouble.

Are we sure Aiden doesn't have two personalities? One minute he's being super shady and then the next minute he's getting young mothers out of prison.

Can't wait to see Rafe/Eddie and Steve/Joey play out tomorrow.

heck, I doubt Steve will put his son in harm's way. The plane cannot take off because of fog, so, they will probably have father/son chit chat, and then off the plane goes Joey.

I really liked they mentioned taking care of the Pub, with Caroline's illness becoming worse.

I was only able to watch a part of it while home on my lunch break. For sure will watch it all later!

Did you see Eddy's lower lip & chin quiver? Oh my, that was awesome acting. He was really into the part. But I was waiting for Eve to grab him and start kissing him like she does when she's angry!

Great episode, today ! The actors were all on point. Bravo ! I didn't fast forward anything. Wow ! I'm so happy !

Just a small little thing, though : What better place to try to forge a signature on a check than a very public place like Club TBD ? Way to go, Aiden ! :rolleyes::sarcasm:

What a fantastic show. I could barely look away from the screen.

Loved the lighting in Hope/Rafe's office.

Why in God's name would they have had Aiden practicing his Stefano DiMera signature out in public??? You'd think he'd be practicing the forgery in the privacy of his office.

I had tears in my eyes during Eve's and Caroline's scenes.

LOVED seeing Eve and Theresa together. Also loved when Eduardo called Theresa "Jeannie". It makes sense, since that's what Eve would've referred to her as while she was married to Eduardo.

Or they were trying to kill two birds with one stone: #1 having his credit card declined; and #2 showing him practicing Stefano's signature and then tearing up the check. Otherwise, they'd have had to do two different scenes.

Still, it was ridiculous to have him doing that out in the open.

I also thought it was a nice touch that Jeannie Theresa seemed tearful about Paige as well. While they weren't close, that's still her niece and she seemed to harbor no ill will towards her or her mother. Now I need mentions of Andrew, Kim and Shane too.

And it was great that they used Jeannie T for Eve briefly and then we didn't see her again. Bravo to using actors when needed and not just as filler.

I don't know how this is happening but Eve gets to me every SINGLE time. This is a character I had given up on and had no use for and now she practically has me blubbering like a baby. It's just goes to show how poorly her talents have been utilized. The scenes with Eve and Eddie were top-notch.

I can't wait to see how the scene between Rafe and Eddie pick up tomorrow I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they will NOT start out with a friendly game of catch.

As far as Aidan practicing forgery out in the open at Club TBD goes, all I can say is such his finger was broken he seems to have all of a sudden become stupider. First there was telling Rafe and Hope two different stories about how he hurt his finger and now this. I'm wondering if the thug who broke his finger squeezed his hand so hard it caused some brain damage. I mean this is soaps after all it could happen right?

Last edited:
Great episode

The name of the song is "Fur Elise" It pops up when you have closed captioning on.
And I doubled checked with version on YouTube.

I don't think Aiden has a conscience. I think he realized he couldn't copy the signature.
And he better stop buying Hope flowers since he can't use his credit card now :)

Another blast from the past, Britta England.

I laughed when Eve and Theresa talked about donating Paige's stuff, but not
at the Horton Center.

Loved the scenes with Eve and Eddie. Interesting to see Paige's baby pictures.

Enjoyed seeing Julie, Maggie and Caroline. They seemed to be over dressed
inspecting the house though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back