Days of Our Lives - Mon., Sept. 25, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, September 25, 2017

Slow show. Chad & Abby talk of the upcoming wedding, Justin calls about a snag, comes over to say the judge got curious about Dario in witness protection, and the upshot is, figures Abby was only marrying him to help him avoid deportation, so refused the annulment. In addition, she could possibly be arrested herself for breaking the law. He suggests she sign this paper, saying more or less she married Dario for love, Abby is reluctant, as that would be a lie & she could get in trouble. Justin points out if she doesn't, she could be in trouble as well. He leaves, Chad tells her just a bump in the road, gives her a pep talk. They love each other, will be together with Thomas, a family, nothing else matters. She signs the document.

Hope & Rafe spent a lot of time yakking about them both wanting the job of commissioner. They hash over loving each other, working well together, disagree but work out their disagreements. First they are both going to say no, then Hope changes her mind, and the upshot is, both tell Abe it is his decision, they will stand by it.

Earlier, Abe sits with Valerie & Eli, talking over Eli's work for FBI, coming to work for Salem PD, how Val would miss him if he left Salem, wants him there. (he evidently has some offer in Peoria).

Bonnie argues with Sheila about the being a maid, Sheila doesn't like it one bit, wants her money, reminding Bonnie that she holds the upper hand. Bonnie indicates she is after Victor, Sheila thinks she is a sicko, just wanting geriatric sex. Nope, she wants revenge on the red-haired witch, claiming Maggie stole her husband!!! Victor's voice is heard, the gals skedaddle, with Bonnie returning later in a low cut negligee, boobs popping out, pretending she slept late, just woke up. Victor is ignoring her, she is talking of being all alone in the bed, then admiring the dishes of fruit Sheila brings, how luscious it all looks. Picks up two plates, asking Victor if he would like to sample her melons. LOLOL Nope, melon give him a stomach problem.

Victor gets a phone call, as she is eating a small slice of melon. He is angry, what do you want. She leaves the room, but listens on an extension, as Xander is asking Victor for something or other (I missed it) warning him that if Vic doesn't come thru, Xander does have the info that Victor arranged for the murder of Deimos. Big grin on Bonnie's face. Aha.

At St. Lukes, Paul is pressing Sonny to talk about Will, but Sonny tries changing the subject. Paul refuses to let Sonny evade, as much as he tries, until Sonny finally tells him that he did not want to hurt Paul, but he had this dream, tells Paul details, including that Will said if Sonny really loved him, he would not be marrying Paul. Intense conversation, but upshot, Sonny loves Paul, wants to marry him, would never say no, kiss.

Thank you for watching this and writing up a good summary, as always, Poirot. I'll be glad when the wedding stuff is over. Also the Bonnie thing. They might be able to use the actress who is playing the ex-prisoner/maid in some other context and have her be a fun character but it isn't working for me in this story. I can't imagine why Abe asked both Hope and Rafe to consider being commissioner. At this point, I don't care about them as a couple, one way or the other, but he had to know this would cause a strain between them.

I don't know what Valerie and Eli were talking about while seated at the table before Abe was with them, but I woke up out of a migraine/drug sleep and saw them on my screen. The sound was turned off. I was groggy and confused by what I saw. Wasn't wearing my glasses so the faces were not clear. Their clothing, from the waist up, along with Eli's nearly-shaved head, and his beard, and Valerie's short hair, made me think I was somehow on the wrong channel and was seeing some Star Trek movie! Their clothes looked like what the commanders on that show wore.

Here come da judge: Where does Salem get its judges? Now there's a fool who would deny Abigail an annulment based on his unprovable suspicions about Abigail's motivation to marry slimy Dario, and would deny her an annulment because of a lack of a statement from this fugitive professional liar.

Disbarment anyone?: Justin must have channeled his inner Bo Brady when he asked Abigail to sign a false statement. If this ever comes out, like Eli, Justin could be looking for a new occupation.

You can't keep a "good" man down: Xander may be an incorrigible criminal, but he certainly is resourceful. And his timing may be impeccable. With Bonnie apparently about to put the squeeze on Victor, the king of snark might just need someone to remove an inconvenient pest.

Uncaught criminals: When Hope was riffing on the Salem P.D.'s failed efforts to catch Deimos's killer, did she recall that Stefano's murderer is not only uncaught, but is also working for Abe's police force.

Eli as Paul Blart: Why can't Eli become the Town Square mall cop? it would be more original that placing him with that dumping ground for FBI rejects, the Salem P.D. Abe could also consider placing him with the Salem Sanitation Department, the Parks Department, or the Department of Public Works. Any of these would be fine since they keep Dr. Grant's darling son in Salem.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

Very upset Victor can't figure out Adrienne isn't Adrienne. I thought
Victor was
smarter than that.

Nice seeing Xander pop up again.

How will Abe pick the new commissioner? Will he toss a coin? Pull a name
out of hat? Or will he say eeny, meeny, miny, moe?

Interesting to see Chad convince Abby to sign the papers even though
it was a lie. It means Abby did it the DiMera way.

The best part of the show was at the end when Shelia talked to Eli. I wonder
how they know each other

Last edited:
You know, the whole answering the Pre Cana conference questions at Sr. Luke's between smooches (both couples) is beyond ludicrous. You have to go to classes after the Pre-Cana. As an ex nun and life long Catholic who actually did Pre Cana, this does not remotely ring true. You don't even answer the questions in front of each other. The priest interviews you after answering them separately to see if they jibe. The Bradys would have been Catholic. There never is another church used for anyone. Cost probably is a big issue but they could pretend. Another case of anachronisms.

Wardrobe: please put prints and brighter colors on Abigail. These washed out things like the dress from last week are definitely out of the 70's. But it was a washed out sort of pink mess with a ribbon tied at the neck. She is a very attractive woman with a great smile. Figure it out.

I'm not Catholic, but my husband raised in the church. Even I know all the errors on Days. The Hortons were never presumed to be Catholic, but always indicated they we Christians.

Right now, I am totally disgusted with just about everything. It drags on and on. Why can't Eli be the commissioner? And I'm interested in his connection to Sheila. Does anyone else think her blonde hair is a wig? Looks like it in the back.

If a co-commisioner option is not available, I strongly advise Abe to choose Hope for the job. You can see by her reactions that Rafe-as-commissioner would be a nightmare for Rafe. "When Momma's happy, everybody's happy!"

A solution to the pre-marital angst, would be to name Eli to the position, something that looked like it was being foreshadowed.

Paul is a fool to continue to probe Sonny about details of his relationship with Will. Who does that? Particularly when the ex is deceased. And, I've noticed that their love scenes are, once again, becoming more graphic.

Some churches share houses of worship with other congregations. This would allow a different, more-liberal denomination to marry Paul/Sonny, without the expenditure of a 2nd set. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing Giggles (Abby) in a jail cell, for a while. There has to be some reckoning for her idiotic marriage to Dario! :rolleyes:

It was a okay episode, but I don't get it. You'd think Victor would be a lot more cautious with such a call with Xander. Though I admit it was finally nice to see Bonnie in FULL character, in a lot more ways than one, let's just say LOL. That's what I remember Bonnie, flirtatious and trying to sample everyone else's piece of cake. Hehe.

Sheila and Eli, now that's a interesting duo. Wonder how they are associated? I honestly don't really see Eli going out with someone like Sheila, even in the past, so I wonder if she is just a neighborhood friend or cousin/aunt?

I am thinking a Catholic church sharing with another religion would not happen. The altar in a Catholic church is supposed to have relics embedded in the altar. When a Catholic church is vacated and no longer used as a Catholic church, those relics must be removed. There always has been a specified waiting time before another church can take over the building. My youngest daughter considered a non-denominational church for her wedding. She was told that a priest could not perform the wedding there. She ended up picking a Catholic church, though they had no Mass celebrated. Seems like they could use an adviser on such matters.

Years ago, Erica Kane on All My Children had an abortion. She was about to marry husband Tom Cudahy, husband No. 3, and he wanted to be married in the Catholic church. She took RCIA classes to become Catholic just to satisfy her fiance. I remember quite well how upset people were about her becoming Catholic under false pretenses just for marriage. Then top it with she had an abortion and had been previously married. When my parents married, my mother was not Catholic and they had to be married in the sacristy. During the marriage ceremony you both have to state that you will lovingly receive children.

That is what I thought at first......and obviously, the show is not going to tell us for a while. Sheila could have been with the FBI, and turned bad. Perhaps having been Eli's partner.

Or, an ex-girlfriend. I even thought for 2 seconds that perhaps she was a sister (we all know how Days loves to have half/siblings show up. LOL But, since Eli did not know who his father was, it would have to be his mother, and Val has not show any indication of another child.

Or she could've been a child of his stepfather, making her his stepsister. Or even a cousin on the stepfather's side.

Thanks fo the summary Poirot - you're the best!:love:

Very upset Victor can't figure out Adrienne isn't Adrienne. I thought Victor was
smarter than that
Yes!!! And how could he think those boobs weren't real, thus knowing it could not be the same Adrienne who had breast cancer and a mastectomy. This stupidity is beyond belief. Stop it!!:sick: It is quite obvious, however that victor is basically ignoring B:rolleyes:onnie. Maybe he'll wake up soon. Sure hope somebody does!:rolleyes:

I really liked the Sonny/Paul scenes today. I'm glad they cleared the air and hope Sonny can get on with his future, with Paul and let go of his past, Will. It is easy to get bogged down in guilt, even when it is something you might not be guilty of. I have a mentor who says that guilt is an usually an unnecessary emotion because mostly "you're just not that important" in whatever event you're feeling guilty about.

Eli and Shelia - interesting!:huh: I agree with those who think Eli would be good as commissioner. I like Hope and Rafe as a couple, but think they are better as partners then if one was the other one's boss.

Back