Days of Our Lives - Mon. Sept. 8, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, September 8, 2014

Replay of the endings on Friday. EJ comes strolling out of the park shrubbery, where Clyde is standing, extending his hand with a "glad to meet you". EJ gives a stony stare, and just asks "who the hell are you". Clyde is all southern politeness, is Clyde Weston, and wants to work for EJ, who retorts he has plenty of maintenance already both at the company and the house. Clyde gets down to business in the usual (for Days) round about way, talking about helping Ej in distribution, with no spillage or waste, blah, blah. EJ sits in silence, just listening. Clyde goes on about his reputation in Poplar Bluff, and how he can get things done, yada, yada. Finally he shuts up, EJ asks if he is done, then gets up and just walks away. Clyde mutters "son of a *****".

Rafe is questioning Kate & Sami about Stefano threatening to kill Kate, who claims Sami heard it all on speaker phone. Rafe insists Sami tell him exactly what Stefano says, she uses what she thinks is Stefano's accent to "repeat" how Stefano said the games are over, and that he is returning and will kill Kate, "you broken down whore".She says he said some things in Italian - like boutan which is whore in Italian - Kate gives Sami SUCH a look, Rafe talks about perhaps them testifying, he will go talk to Trask. Kate gives Sami a hard time about the broken down whore statement. They argue but they are now going to have to stick to this story. Sami is hesitant about lying on the stand, Kate talks her into it, as Stefano DOES intend revenge on them. Sami is convinced he would not harm the mother of his grandchildren, but Kate reminds her that Stefano likes torture, would lock her up, away from children, family. She cites how Tony was an island somewhere for years, how Marlena was held prisoner.
Rafe returns, good news, no testifying, some more evidence came up, hearing is over, additional charges, if Stefano sets foot in Salem, will be arrested. He leaves the room again, Sami is happy, Kate suspicious, telling Sami something is not right, Rafe did not get the additional info on his own, had help, and we know only one person could give that to him. Sami leaves, Kate stays behind, thanks Rafe when he returns, is appreciative of all he has done. She kisses his cheek, hugs him just as Jordan appears at the door, sees them and leaves.

Ben & Abby argue, he figures he has been a sap, he is kissing her, she is thinking of EJ. She doesn't deny it, Tad comes in needing Ben, who stalks off, is not a rebound. She tries to reason, to no avail. Abby leaves, Ben returns, Tad tries to apologize, but Ben says no problem. Tad thinks Abby is smokin' hot, and if Ben is no longer interested, will ask her out. Ben gives him a look, but says go ahead, doesn't matter to him.

Lucas runs into Jordan in the hospital, has a nice chat, doesn't want to see her breaking it off with Rafe. He makes no excuses for his mother, agrees she was wrong, and urges Jordan not to let her win. But Jordan wonders why he even cares, and walks away.
Later, Abby runs into Jordan, and tho hesitant, ends up telling Jordan all about the misunderstanding with Ben, how she wants nothing to do with EJ, blah, blah. Jordan gives her a peptalk, urging her to explain this all to Ben.
Will is, asking Sonny about appointment for Ari's haircut. (Huh?) Sonny thinks it is Wednesday, as Will pages thru family photos on his phone, stopping at one of him & Sami. Sonny is sympathetic, says Sami won't be mad at him forever. Sonny leaves, Will has a visiter. Zoe Browning, the editor from TruVista, who lost her job when Victor fired her (for adding Abby's name to that article) but she got another job in a few hours with Sonix, huge circulation, brag, brag. Wants Will to come work for magazine, salaried. She is sorry she did not consult Will before naming Abigail in the article, but would do it again. Sonny is insisting no more writing about his family, no publishing without his approval, she is promising to consult him on any edits, and already has it in writing, handing him a contract. He wants to talk it over with Sonny first.
And when he does, Sonny is not too keen on the idea of working with Zoe, as she cannot be trusted. Will claims it is all in writing, Sonny goes to check on Ari. Will claims he values Sonny's opinion, but Sonny asks "do you? Because it seems you had already made up your mind before I even got here".

Ben is down in the storage room, doing something on a shelf. He has put a box to hold the door open, and as he messes around, hears the door close. Oh, no. He turns, and there is Abby, who walks all the way in, standing in front of him.

EJ is on the phone with Sydney, talking of haircuts, when Sami comes in. He doesn't see her, as he talks then to Allie, and then to Johnny, while she listens. He hangs up, sees her, says hello, mentions talking to the kids at camp. Sami cuts right to the chase, telling him that the hearing is over, new evidence came up, and Stefano is not free to come home.
She crosses her arms......"I know what you did". .

A good day for the viewers as T, the voice of good cheer and common sense, and Lucas, the voice of reason, both appeared in the same episode. We need more days like this. As for Sami, she really needs a refresher course in the art of lying. Rafe really didn't believe the story about a Stefano death threat and Kate clearly wasn't buying her story about how new evidence suddenly surfaced against the Phoenix. Finally, Will really ought to keep in mind the old saying, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me," before accepting an offer from the likes of Zoe. If he keeps writing for the likes of TruVista and Sonix, the label "hack writer" is going to stick to him like Super Glue.

I thought it was good today, like others have said with Lucas and T getting some air time.

Ben, who I liked, is now doing the typical soap opera cutting off to Abby!

I have to say, the Clyde and EJ scenes intrigued me. I am definitely buying into the new bad guy in town.

I wonder why they had a lot of Jordan/Lucas talking, maybe he starts to like her?

Lucas told Jordan she was a smart and beautiful woman. And my jaw dropped.
@Cryin'...yes, EJ said exactly that. Clyde said he'd like to work for him, and EJ said he already had full maintenance at both places. Clyde then began the "beat around the bush, don't say exactly what I am talking about, but you get the drift, Mr. DiMera".

I did like the show, though I thought EJ's "daddy" conversation with the kids was just tooooo much.
I thought Lucas looked fantastic, loved the suit. And Tad.....gosh he really is a breath of fresh air, as others have noted. He always makes me smile, just to see him. Yayyyy.

Sounds like EJ needs an education on the drug business in the boonies.

Tad and Ciara should go into business together. They'd school all the morons in Salem.

I really like Abby and Jordan's friendship. This show needs more friendships.

I was going to ask when did Sami get so stupid but then I remember who she was married to.

Abby needs to go back and talk to Marlena about her storage closet fetish.

Great seeing Lucas, Arianna and Tad. We even saw a picture with Justin.

I think Lucas should ask Jordan on a date

Interesting skirts Jordan and Abby are wearing. The black and white colors
go with Kate's jacket.

So the charges against Stefano are not dropped and his portrait is no longer
in view. I wonder when Stefano will get back to Salem.

Ben and Abby are back in the closet. I think Tad had something to do with that :)

I laughed when Sami imitated Stefano and said those words about Kate :rotfl:

The EJ-Clyde encounter in Salem Park presents the opportunity for a head-to-head comparison.

Background: Clyde - apparently self-made; EJ - born with a silver DiMera spoon in his mouth.
Wardrobe: EJ - good suits; Clyde - untucked collared shirt and jeans.
Victims: Clyde - abuses his children; EJ - abuses everyone but his children.
Taste in Food: EJ - filet mignon, caviar, lobster thermidor; Clyde - squirrel stew.
Taste in Women: Clyde - older ladies with a blue chunk; EJ - any good-looking woman under a certain age (screechers perferred).
Manner: EJ - alternately charming, sullen, threatening; Clyde - insincere friendliness.
Hired Help: EJ - Well-dressed, tough-looking guys (Sergio, Ricardo, etc.); Clyde: hairy mountain men (Jeremiah).
Specialty: Clyde - b/s; EJ - b/s.

Well, the EJ/Clyde meeting went pretty much as I anticipated although I was kind of surprised that Clyde said he wanted to work for EJ but then that makes sense he realizes he's no competition for the DiMeras but I don't think he intends to be a loyal employee for long. Once again I am definitely interested to see if/how this plays into EJ's departure.

One of the things I love about Kate and Sami's partnership is that even though they do have a begrudging respect for each other Sami just can't seem to stop herself from insulting Kate. I don't even think it's conscious on her part it just comes out. LOL

I may be in the minority here but I love the fact that Stefano's return to Salem was foiled. I have a feeling that Stefano's days of terrorizing Salem in full force are over. I think that's mostly just because Joe Mascolo (Stefano) is semi-retired from my understanding. Whatever the reason I really do think that now he works best as sort of being off in the shadows his return a looming threat but never comes fully realized.

I would prefer that Stefano not return at all, as much as I love Joe Mascolo. The Godfather needs to go sit in the garden in Italy, enjoy the sunshine, a glass of wine, etc.

During the past years, the show made the mistake of installing Stefano in Salem permanently, while giving him more illnesses than a whole floor of patients in any hospital in the U.S. would have combined. Overkill. Stefano was most enjoyable when he came, wreaked havoc, and vanished for months or a year.

Clyde appears to be a really nasty individual, and I do wish they would explain EXACTLY what he did to Jordan, & his "b usiness".

The EJ-Clyde encounter in Salem Park presents the opportunity for a head-to-head comparison.

Background: Clyde - apparently self-made; EJ - born with a silver DiMera spoon in his mouth.
Wardrobe: EJ - good suits; Clyde - untucked collared shirt and jeans.
Victims: Clyde - abuses his children; EJ - abuses everyone but his children.
Taste in Food: EJ - filet mignon, caviar, lobster thermidor; Clyde - squirrel stew.
Taste in Women: Clyde - older ladies with a blue chunk; EJ - any good-looking woman under a certain age (screechers perferred).
Manner: EJ - alternately charming, sullen, threatening; Clyde - insincere friendliness.
Hired Help: Well-dressed, tough-looking guys (Sergio, Ricardo, etc.); Clyde: hairy mountain men (Jeremiah).
Specialty: Clyde - b/s; EJ - b/s.

So beautifully put and describes them both to the tee!

I've been a little behind the last few days and haven't been paying close attention but wasn't there also a phone call between EJ and Stefano where EJ said he was watching Sami and Kate closely? Is he playing Stefano or Sami?

I've always thought Lucas had more chemistry with Jordan. I hope this is going somewhere.

I've been a little behind the last few days and haven't been paying close attention but wasn't there also a phone call between EJ and Stefano where EJ said he was watching Sami and Kate closely? Is he playing Stefano or Sami?
Yes, that happened the other day. Who knows? He could be playing Stefano or he could be playing Sami....or staying somewhere in the middle.

Sami may not have graduated high school or got her GED but she sure knows her international Spanish & Italian slang. Puta & putana had me falling out to hear her say that. Nice variant writers! lol

Back