Days of Our Lives - Monday 5/23/16

S

Sparkster

Replay of Shawn and Belle at the bar. He offers to take her home, says she needs to be in good shape for court tomorrow. At the door, fumbling with the keys, and then kiss. They head inside. She immediately starts kissing him again but he stops her. He says she’s been drinking and not thinking straight. They sit and talk. Belle goes on about how embarrassed she is and talks about all her failures in life, motherhood, being a daughter, a wife. She says she’s checked every box of failure. She’s drunkenly laughing as she’s saying all this while Shawn seems really uncomfortable. She soon turns weepy and apologetic saying she hurt him and their daughter so much. How could she be so stupid? He doesn’t really know what to say and basically just sits there listening. She realizes how sad and cliché it is to sit here now drunkenly making out with her ex-husband and wonders what he must think of her. He tries to cheer her up saying he cares about her. He apologizes for his part in all this and how he has treated her at times. He wishes they had taken the time to give their marriage another shot before things got too far gone. They talk of wishing they could hit the rewind button. He apologizes for calling her a bad mother. It’s not true. She’s given him the greatest gift with Claire and she will always bond them. Belle’s thankful for his kind words but whatever she’s done to mess things up with Claire is on her. He says Claire is a teen and is acting out but Belle wants the blame. She says she just needs for the two of them to work together when it comes to their daughter. Soon they start kissing. She says she’s sober now and knows exactly what she’s doing. He’s worried they’ll both regret this come morning but she promises she won’t. This is the closest she’s felt to him in a very long time. They continue kissing, more passionately now. They take it to the bedroom where they fall onto the bed in each other’s arms.

Replay of Rafe witnessing Aiden and Hope kissing. Dejected, Rafe takes off before seeing Hope push Aiden away. She says, “what do you think you’re doing?” He apologizes, says he’s just missed her so much. Hope says he should have never came back. She and her daughter have been through hell. He realizes that. He says she’s the most important person in his life but he has to ask, is she in love with Rafe? Not that it’s any of his business but she admits that she and Rafe are involved. By the look on her face he guesses it’s pretty serious. Aiden says it’s a familiar position for him, except instead of Bo, it’s Rafe who has her heart. He hopes Rafe loves her and treats her the way she deserves to be. He realizes trying to get her back is a mistake and he’s sorry for everything that’s happened. He goes to leave but she stops him. She tells him it’s over between them and yes, she is falling in love with Rafe. He says he needs to refocus his attention on his son and to clear his name. This sets Hope off saying he raped Ciara. Aiden stammers saying he didn’t mean to sound insensitive but he’s going to do everything he can to help his son. She emotionally begs him, for Ciara’s sake, let justice be served. Chase belongs in jail. They go back and forth. He mentions seeing Ciara earlier. She tells him to stay away from her daughter. He doesn’t want to hurt her or her daughter but is just trying to make sense of things. He wishes her the best with Rafe and hops she’s happy. Hope takes off.

Rafe heads to the bar and orders up a bourbon. He’s drinking pretty good when Roman pops up wondering how hung over his detective is going to be in the morning. Rafe says he’ll stop drinking soon. He starts going off about Aiden and how after everything Hope has been through, he shows back up, and what, they’re just supposed to pick up where they left off? Roman says it’s a lot to take in and offers to listen to him vent. Rafe says he doesn’t want to vent but starts blabbering about this and that, saying he doesn’t care about the rules or fraternization or whatever. He and Hope are involved so he better get used to it. Cue semi-shocked look on Roman’s face. Roman says he’s in their corner. Rafe is sorry for going off. Roman tells him he’s fighting the wrong fight here. Go fight for Hope and don’t let Aiden get the upper hand. Rafe continues railing on Aiden how he’s playing the victim and using that to play on Hope’s affections. Again, Roman says quit drinking and go make the case to Hope.

Aiden returns to his room at the Martin house with a bottle of booze. He apparently decides against it, pulls out a picture of him and Hope and looks at it.

Drunk Rafe shows up at Hope’s door telling her he loves her and he will not lose her no matter what Aiden says or does. They are standing in the middle of the living room kissing passionately.

Over at K-mansion, replay of Kate walking in to see Nicole in a robe asking what she is doing there. They spar back and forth as Deimos listens in outside the door. Kate starts calling for Deimos. Nicole wonders if he was even expecting Kate’s return. Kate says she knows her agenda and it’s as brazenly naked as she is under that robe and it’s not going to work. Speaking of which, Nicole calls out Kate on what her agenda is. Nicole accuses Kate of trying to get Victor’s fortune to which Kate scoffs so Nicole sarcastically says Kate must just be in it for love then. Deimos walks in giving Nicole her clothes which she takes and leaves to go change. Kate tells Deimos she warned him not to cross her or else it will explode in his face. He calmly tells her she needs to get ahold of herself. She’s assuming things that aren’t there. She says the robe, the brandy, and (she gets close to him and sniffs) the scent of perfume that isn’t mine. She slaps him across the face. He warns her about not crossing him. She throws it back in his face that he’s the one who’s crossed a line here. She left here a few hours ago ready to marry him and she comes home to find him with Nicole? He says did it ever occur to you that maybe I’m playing Nicole, trying to find out what she’s up to? He says he doesn’t apologize for anything to anyone. She says neither do I. Nicole returns fully dressed. Kate storms out saying she can have him, they can kill each other for all she cares. Nicole guesses that the engagement is off. She apologizes for any friction she caused between him and her highness. Deimos isn’t too concerned. He starts eating her face, I mean kissing her, and wants to take her upstairs. She plays it cool saying unlike Kate, she wants a commitment before she commits. She leaves. Back inside, in a dark house, Deimos sits at the piano with a glass of brandy. He plays Moonlight Sonata. Meanwhile at the bar, Kate bumps into Roman, telling him to buzz off and sits down ordering a double martini extra dirty. Over in the square, Nicole leaves a message for Victor saying Deimos is right where she wants him, no need for Justin or whoever else to go through with their own plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an aside, but the final montage of scenes are almost no dialogue and just the music of Deimos playing the piano. And for those wondering, yes, that was Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) actually playing the piano.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Belle & Shawn are about to, Rafe is letting Hope know he really means business, Nicole figures her plan is working (??), Deimos is keeping whatever he is up to, very close to his chest, Kate is plotting, & Roman is .....well, he definitely was being a friend to Rafe.

Thanks, Sparks.........

At times today I thought Hope was going to be taken in by what that manipulator Aiden was saying. So glad she told him off and to keep away from her daughter, and his son was a rapist and should stay in jail.

Roman getting Rafe to go to Hope and stating how he feels was a good move. The piano in the background was cool today. Nicole is getting in way over her head with her revenge.

Today was bizarre in my opinion. Well everything is. Has Aiden even visited Chase? He seems more interested in sniffing around Hope than his own son.

Hope demanding Chase stay in jail (understandable, but weird the way she says it). I just wish the rapist and his dad would get lost already. Both need to go mail a letter. Aiden seemed like he had been driven mad locked up. Now they are trying to make us think he is sane after all that. He was a shady crook to begin with. Sorry I am rambling but I am disgusted, and don't know how to say it.

They are trying to make Hope look torn but instead making her look idiotic.

This is how it appears to me how the writers think: "Hope will take Aiden back as long as Chase is out of the picture" What? Insane. Just my speculative take.

Candidate for Salem seductress of the year: Nicole -- Belle could learn a few things from her.

Remarkable argument: Kate vs. Deimos. The pot calling the kettle black is nothing new in Salem, but how often do the pot and kettle call each other black?

Pointless question: Hope asking Aiden "What do you think you're doing?" How often do Salemites know what they're doing?

Lines Sami would love to hear: Belle saying that she was a failure at being a daughter, mother, and wife.

Enough already: The Hope, Rafe, and Aiden triangle.

Last edited:
It appears the Hernandez family is too caught up in their lives to celebrate Arianna Grace Horton third birthday. Rafe is too interested sniffing around Hope who also is related to Arianna. This show is sure going downhill fast.

These new teens are the new criminals of Salem with Joey a murderer, Ciara and Claire are vandals, Chase is a rapist and so far the only one who seems to be innocent is Theo. I can understand Hope's feelings toward Chase that he should remain in jail, but Aiden is the father and I understand his concern for his son. What would Hope do if the shoes were on the other feet. At this point I am hoping Chase gets out on a technicality since the adults seem to get away with their crimes.

Oh, am sure the fact Chase confessed with no lawyer present, plus Ciara never told anyone until a few days later, thus no visit to the hospital, rape kit, etc. etc. may all prove a factor in getting Chase out of jail.
I think Aiden did ask Hope "what if the situations were reversed" but she quickly interjected that they weren't, and Chase should stay in jail.

If Aiden had not told some lies in re: his kidnapping.....I might feel a bit more sympathetic towards him, but he did not tell the whole truth.....despite his 6 mos. in a cage. So, it really matters naught how how he loves Hope, or says he does. He is not to be trusted.

As I've said before, I think he burnt his bridges when he failed to clue Hope into what was going on when the DiMeras first approached him to murder Hope. I get that he was put into a position of choosing Chase over Hope, but if that relationship was what it should have been, he'd have found a way to confess all to her and they could have handled it together. That's the stuff of couples truly worth rooting for, in my opinion. The fact that he even went as far as he did (we actually saw him imagining how he'd carry out the plan), would NEVER sit well with any woman.

Yep.......and HE is the one who changed the insurance beneficiary, (Hope thinks it was whoever was holding him prisoner). I think maybe that is why he claims he was taken when he proposed. Although, perhaps he meant he was taken, and that was when he was ordered to kill her????? But I have yet to hear him refer to wedding, vows, wedding night, etc.

I can understand Hope's feelings toward Chase that he should remain in jail, but Aiden is the father and I understand his concern for his son. What would Hope do if the shoes were on the other feet. At this point I am hoping Chase gets out on a technicality since the adults seem to get away with their crimes.

Yes Aiden is right to be concerned about Chase and should want to help him but he's wrong to be confronting Ciara about what happened and for bringing this up with Hope. One minute he's pleading his case for Hope to take him back and then he's talking about freeing his son who raped her daughter. His objectives conflict and I don't understand why Aiden doesn't understand that. If he wants to free his son, that's fine and dandy, just leave Ciara and Hope alone.

I liked the Belle/Shawn scenes but I still have a lot of problems with their overall story. Just a couple weeks ago Belle was proposing to Philip and now she's hopping back into bed with Shawn. Good grief, please don't turn this into a who's the daddy pregnancy storyline. Although, I might be ok with another Belle/Shawn baby at some point as a way of reuniting them. It was nice to see Belle come to terms with her screw-ups and accept responsibility for her failings, even if she was inebriated. It was also a nice moment when Shawn apologized for calling her a bad mother and calling Claire the greatest gift keeping them forever bonded.

I'm getting a little worried about this Nicole/Deimos story. First of all, he's still feeling her out trying to decide if she's playing a game or not and secondly I'm really worried Nicole is going to get in way over her head and actually fall in love with the guy.

Apparently today's theme was "when emotionally challenged, pick up a bottle of booze". Sheesh. First Belle, then Rafe, Aiden, Kate.

Nothing today.

I feel nothing for Shawn/Belle, because they were inexplicably ruined. So now I feel nothing in their reunion attempts, because I know they have no real relationship.

Rafe is acting like a moron, very unlike him. This crazy-jealous thing...he doesn't wear it well.

Hope, the murderess who framed her victim's son, is nobody to take the high ground when talking about serving up justice. Yes, what Chase did was wrong, but what kind of dad would Aiden be if he didn't try to help his son? And as Poirot pointed out, there are procedural things that arguably could affect the outcome of Chase's case.

I do hope this Aiden/Hope nonsense is over now. I was rooting for them but now I want them apart. Aiden needs a fresh start, perhaps with a drug addict who has no relationship to Hope. Like Jennifer. :sarcasm:

I'm not sure whom to root for in the Deimos/Kate/Nicole fiasco. I usually love Nicole sticking it to Kate, but her motivations are out of whack. I'm usually on Deimos' side, and love him sticking it (verbally) to Kate, but he surely can't be a long-term character. (You can't waltz on to the screen and poison a 40-year-vet and walk out OK.) And Kate - well I've been ready for her to leave Salem since 1999 (save the brief waitressing stint) - heck, I even wanted Clyde to kill her. I wonder if Deimos saved any of that poison?

Roman: No use for him today. They could have at least had him mention how he was replaced by a DiMera so perhaps Aiden's story wasn't even that crazy after all.

Back