Days of Our Lives - Monday 5/23/16

Thanks, Sparkster.

I thought it was interesting in the first couple of minutes Hope and Kate said almost the same thing except
Kate added the "H" word in hers.

I got confused at the beginning of the show because on Friday, Belle and Shawn were standing outside
the door of the townhouse. Today they started at the bar again.

I hope Shawn made Belle brush her teeth before they started kissing. And did Rafe have a toothbrush
in his car :)

It was interesting to see everyone drinking because everyone was feeling sorry for themselves.

I loved Roman's face when
Rafe was telling him he was involved with Hope.

I enjoyed the montage at the end.

katmouse, I was confused too about the beginning with Shawn and Belle at the bar instead of at the door to the townhouse. It's funny how they edit out scenes that seem pretty important but will reshow not one but TWO scenes from the previous episode. Mmmkay....

I lost all interest in Hope when she killed Stefano and got away with it! I haven't liked Kate since she helped Sami and Gaby try and cover up Nicks death! Personally they need mental help with Jennifer!

Deimos can go. I am not at all interested in him, his piano playing, his pitting Kate against Nicole, his snarky malarkey. He doesn't remotely make me think he is a war lord like Victor did when first on the scene. Deimos is slime in the ice machine. Good bye - do not look back. This testing you crap is so ridiculous. Kate can take her blue or green dye job and moving along as well. She has two personalities: I once was a hooker but I am a fashion designing, empire running b-word now. OR she is in bed with the newest bad boy in town. Just disgusting. Not believable to me as an executive, but she likes to play like she is. She is one twitchy grandma. She has been nonredeemable to me since she first sparred with Sami (especially when she let Sami take a needle). She really has no conscience and this Cruella deVille routine is annoying.

Last edited:
This episode was pretty boring. I might have been interested in Shawn and Belle, if this scene had happened soon after Shawn returned to Salem. It reminds me when they reconciled Austin and Carrie the last time they were here, one day they were having problems, then they just reconciled them before sending them off with no drama or good scenes before they got back together.

I do not like Deimos at all, or the way he's playing both Kate and Nicole. I really hope Nicole does not end up falling for him, I just find his character too slimy.

The rest of the show was just, meh.

Enough already: The Hope, Rafe, and Aiden triangle.

I agree. For the last two weeks, these characters and this story have been on four days a week. Why is it we go weeks without seeing characters like Lucas, Jennifer, or Abe, but we get so much repetitive story with Hope, Rafe, and Aiden, or Summer/Maggie/Victor/Brady/Theresa, that it becomes dull and uninteresting?

t appears the Hernandez family is too caught up in their lives to celebrate Arianna Grace Horton third birthday. Rafe is too interested sniffing around Hope who also is related to Arianna. This show is sure going downhill fast.

The writers also forgot to have Brady and Theresa celebrate Tate's first birthday with their current issues. I'd rather see the kids at their birthday parties than most of the stories airing right now. At least we would get someone adorable to look at. I'm too annoyed with most of the rest of the characters they are showing right now to enjoy their stories (with the exception of Chad minus Ciara).

Hope, the murderess who framed her victim's son, is nobody to take the high ground when talking about serving up justice.

Hope has become one of the biggest hypocrites on the show right now. She definitely has no room to throw stones since she killed Stefano, did not confess to the crime, and allowed Andre to take the fall. Not only that, she does not have any remorse for what she has done. Until the writers can fix this problem with her character, I cannot enjoy her or any of the stories she is in.

I might have been interested in Shawn and Belle, if this scene had happened soon after Shawn returned to Salem.
:clap::clap::clap:
Why is it we go weeks without seeing characters like Lucas, Jennifer, or Abe, but we get so much repetitive story with Hope, Rafe, and Aiden, or Summer/Maggie/Victor/Brady/Theresa, that it becomes dull and uninteresting?
:clap:...and they started out uninteresting, too. :wink:

Thanks Sparkster

I actually liked the Belle/Shawn scenes except for Belle's comment about him being her one time husband. He was the love of her life too. I don't get this show constantly ignoring history. I'm happy these scenes made it to air. Is the timing of them off? Yes absolutely but it's also not the worst thing in the world. And I don't feel that they are rushing a reconciliation just yet like they did with Carrie and Austin. I would be open to another Belle/Shawn kid.

Jealous Rafe doesn't work for me either. Nor does jealous Kate. Kate should go visit Austin and Billie indefinitely while Rafe should find his way to Nicole. Speaking of which, I noticed the engagement ring was back on at the end of the episode.

Hope is just unlikeable. If the real Hope Brady had raised Chase, as they seem to be implying with the SORAS, then she also would be torn between helping him and being there for Ciara. And her anger towards Aiden is getting old already. Can we cut her down to once or twice a week?

Drunk Belle and Drunk Eric might be kind of fun to watch together.

This Salem day can end anytime now.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Can we toss in High Jenny??
Add in JJ's special donuts, and I think we'd have an interesting show!

Thanks for the summary. Sadly, this episode did nothing for me. Roman's appearance was the only bright spot. Rafe & Hope is absolutely ridiculous. Both are out of character. Rafe being jealous doesn't look good on him, and neither does the clueless Hope who is always angry at Aiden! Yes he lied, but she doesn't know that---you'd think she'd be a bit more torn or sympathetic. As for Aiden, I've lost all respect for him in regards to the lies and now trying to get Chase out of jail. Stupid! These three characters "grace" our screens too much. I'm over them!

Shawn-D and Belle just came across as trampy, given that she was drunk, had just been in the sack with Philip, and Shawn-D is still with Lani. If they did this months ago, fine, but having them reconcile now comes across as a desperate attempt by TPTB to please fans who hate this storyline.

Nicole & Kate's fighting was entertaining, but over the likes of slimy Deimos? Really? I've been tired of Kate for a while. But I sure hope that Nikki doesn't actually end up falling for Greek ex-con. Otherwise she may pay the price with Victor, and once again become a Salem pariah for falling in love with the man that attacked her almost-mother-in-law.

Yes, what Chase did was wrong, but what kind of dad would Aiden be if he didn't try to help his son? And as Poirot pointed out, there are procedural things that arguably could affect the outcome of Chase's case.
There's no doubt about this. The confession is thoroughly tainted and likely to be thrown out, and as has been noted several times, there's no longer any physical evidence. Also as a criminal lawyer, Aiden must know what happens inside prisons. A teen like Chase would be eaten alive unless a tough guy like our old friend Vargas (or somebody similar) protects him.

Chase is Aiden's son and I would think even less of him if he didn't try to help his son. Of course I would have ran straight to him, but that doesn't make as good of a soap plot. All Aiden knows is that his son was a good kid and that this rape comes straight out of left field. How dare Hope expect Aiden to put Ciara's feelings in front of Chase. Aiden should rip into her for her not getting both of the kids help when their fathers died. Chase deserves to pay for his crime but also deserves help. Help from his father to see that he gets counseling and more.

Notes:
Hope offended by Aiden's query re Rafe? :rotfl: Hope needs to learn the "words matter" lesson; I consider Hope/Aiden a lost cause. There are other fish out there, Aiden! Salem probably has a "Parents Without Partners" group, and there must be a few supermarkets in Salem. :rolleyes:

Belle/Shawn dialogue was very well written, in my opinion.

Kate would have hung around the Kiriakis mansion to see how soon Nicole left.

I have issues with Hope killing Stefano. He never paid for his crimes but that is because the writers kept him and his trampy daughter, Kristen, above the fray. Kristen at least got caught at her wedding to Brady. Stefano never paid except when his children died and he was in mourning. Granted, losing a child is never going to be an easy situation but it was the only way they ever humanized him. His desire for Marlena was really sick and his marriage to Kate appeared a concubine arrangement.

My issue is that Hope was the murderer and now she is changed forever and unlike in "Wicked" she has not been changed for the good. It has made her no different than every other lying cheating person who gets away with murder. I cannot justify what she did. Did he deserve death? I think he did. She also is not assuming any responsibility for her parenting of Ciara and Chase when she was a helicopter mom before that.

Without fail, when writers age the children to teenagers, they become bad kids, behaving totally bratty. We raised two teen girls and I taught middle and high school for years. They do not all suddenly become unrecognizable jerks. There were always consequences for poor choices on their part. Yes you pick your battles, but these parents just throw their hands in the air and say, "Don't talk to me that way".

When Belle told Claire the consequence for the vandalism was no car, Claire became irate. That would not have happened here. If my daughter had ever slammed a door on me, it would have come right off the hinges. No door for you, honey. They had no TV in their rooms. We watched together. It wasn't a matter of money but family time.

Teens need to try their wings and make choices that sometimes don't work out but do not do permanent damage. This baloney with Joey is beyond who he was. I guess he is supposed to want to get arrested so he can go to jail and atone for killing Ava.

Again, the writers and their poor writing turn anyone likable into a jerk at some point.

I agree with your assessment about Hope killing Stefano, Moira. It was way past time for Stefano to pay for the crimes he committed over the years. However, these writers had Hope do the crime, and in the process, destroyed her character to the point where she is unrecognizable.

Those good ideas on paper don't always look good on screen. One doesn't have enough fingers and toes to count the crimes that Stefano committed over the years, especially against the Bradys, and John Black, Marlena, too. He should have gone to jail, the electric chair, firing squad, etc. long ago. And now, Stefano wanted to die. That is why he goaded Hope as he did. He wanted her to kill him, and when she backed off, he pushed and pushed.

Now I could have been o.k. with Hope getting arrested, and getting off, pleading temporary insanity, (and the judge, D.A. knowing full well that Stefano's death was overdue, well deserved, etc.

But the cover-up.......nope.......I think Hope is going to suffer in some way for it all.

At times today I thought Hope was going to be taken in by what that manipulator Aiden was saying. So glad she told him off and to keep away from her daughter, and his son was a rapist and should stay in jail.

Thank you for expressing what I've tried to say right along. Aiden has always come across as manipulative to me but I couldn't think how to say it. I'm not a fan of Rafe and Hope together either but I don't want her and Aiden together.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the end of this episode. I don't have any real interest in Deimos, but him playing the piano, and Moonlight Sonata in particular, along with the various scenes, and the closing scene with the candles and the darkness and the piano was just really good. It was unique, and I certainly appreciated the extra efforts. I also noticed that the storm going on outside was audible inside at times when I had forgotten about it. They could have gotten away with forgetting about the storm as well, but they didn't. It actually made me wonder if something big was about to happen! Maybe it still will, but again, I appreciated the extra efforts, even if the episode wasn't spectacular.

Back