Days of Our Lives - Monday Aug. 13th, 2012

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
I haven't been around on the boards in awhile and I managed to watch days today and I had absolutely nothing to do... so I figured I'd do a write up of Monday's show. I meant to post this way earlier today but forgot and now other's have posted different day ahead articles. I didn't want to just have this one go to waste so.... I figured I'd post it anyway.
:hug:
Short summary:
  • Chad and Gabi find that Andrew is gone. He must have escaped. Chad wonders what Andrew meant when he told him to ask Gabi where Melanie was. Chad eventually leaves Gabi behind to find Melanie.
  • Melanie cuts her leg and Brady tends to her wounds. They are trapped underground as the tunnel have caved in on both sides. Brady gets a weird feeling and tells Melanie they must get out…now. Just then, Melanie notices that there is a crack in one of the pipes.
  • Daniel tries to save Nicole who is stuck under a large pile of debris. And wouldn't you know it…she goes into labor.
  • EJ saves Sami with Will's help. He wants to go out and save more people but Sami tells him that he must leave town…and she’s coming with him.
  • Ian proclaims his love for Madison, and admits he only used Kate to get to the Dimera fortune. We don’t know that Madison dies but it seems like it’s a major possibility. Kate secretly listens to everything Ian told Madison and cries angrily in the shadows.
Full summary:
To start off the show we replay all of the scenes of the 'DAYSaster' from the last episode before the Olympics began. After all the explosions are finished, we see a close up of John’s face. He opens his eyes and looks for Marlena. Everyone in the ballroom slowly starts to stand up, make sure everyone’s okay. Everyone is covered in dust and debris and they all wonder what happened.

EJ is holding Sami and keeps losing his grip on her but he tries his best to hold on as she dangles.

Nicole is revealed to be trapped under many beams and pieces of wall. She screams for help. Daniel calls her name. Behind him in the ballroom: Jack and Jen find each other and hug, Bo and Hope are already worried about helping everyone else and making plans to rescue and help the injured. Kate asks John/Marlena if they have seen Lucas or Ian and they have not. Kate decides to go looking for them. Jack and Jen suddenly realize that Cameron is still there and he says that he was going to meet Abigail in the elevator. The trio run to the elevator and find Abigail trapped inside. Jack and Cameron try to pry the doors apart but they’re not strong enough.

Bo and Hope find Roman in the streets who is somewhat delirious with a head injury and he collapses onto Bo. Back in the warehouse, EJ is holding Sami with two hands and he promises her that he will not let her die. He tells her that he is going to swing her back up onto the platform with her help. Down on the ground, many wires are short circuiting and sparking, so even if Sami survived the fall she’d be electrocuted. EJ tries to swing her but it only makes him lose his grip on her and one of Sami’s hands comes loose.

Ian slowly gets up and finds Madison lying motionless surrounded by glass shards. He crawls over to her and asks her to open her eyes. He touches her and finds his fingers covered with her blood.

Underground in the tunnels, Chad realizes that Andrew is no longer lying on the ground. He must have escaped. Chad now wants to find Melanie as quickly as possible. He asks Gabi if she can walk and she says that she can, but she’d like a moment to get her bearings. Chad thinks for a moment and then asks Gabi what Andrew meant when he responded “Ask your friend.” To the question, “Where’s Melanie?” In another section of the tunnels, Brady asks Melanie if she’s OK. He gets off of her and pulls some debris off of her. He wants them to get out fast but Melanie’s leg/foot got caught and cut in some debris and she’s bleeding badly. Brady takes off his jacket (I was hoping he’d have to use his t-shirt as well but alas, we are not that lucky this time!) and uses it to cover her cuts. Melanie is in a lot of pain but she’s trying to be strong. Melanie is scared that they’ll be another explosion so she wants to get out as fast as possible. They discovered that the cave has caved in on both sides and they are trapped.

Kayla has turned the pub into a make-shift hospital as the roads are all shattered and they can’t get cars through town. Kayla and Will tend to Roman who is unconscious. Bo/Hope want to go back and keep rescuing more trapped citizens. Kayla asks Will to stay and hold some gauze on Romans head while she goes to help Bo and Hope. John enters the pub carrying an unconscious Lucas over his shoulder.

In the ballroom, Daniel hears Nicole. She tells him she thinks she’s going into labor. Daniel stars clearing off large pieces of debris off of the pile where Nicole is. She says she thinks she’s having contractions. Daniel wants to know how often she’s feeling them. She replies about every 10 minutes. Daniel keeps her calm, noting that it’s probably just stress or Braxton hicks. Nicole starts crying and tells him she was having them before the explosion even happened. Nicole screams that it’s too early for her to be having contractions. Bo comes in and helps Daniel remove debris.

Outside of the Brady pub, John tells Marlena he loves her and goes off to help save more trapped people and look for survivors. Marlena will stay at the pub to help treat anyone who is injured. Inside, Will helps Kayla tend to Lucas. When he wakes up, he tells Kate and Will that he’s going to go find Sami because she’s still at the warehouse. Kayla tells him he’s too weak and Will says he’ll go find her. Despite everyone yelling for Will to stay, he runs out of the pub.

Sami asks EJ to let her go so their kids don’t lose both their parents. EJ starts to cry. Sami tells him she cares about him (it sounds kind of sweet but what came from her mouth sounded more like “I hate you, you stupid jerk!” than “I care about you.”) She asks him again to let go but he refuses.

Abigail is worried that the cables are going to snap. Jack wants her to open the safety hatch on top of the elevator and try to climb out. She tries to jump up and reach it but tells him that she can’t reach it and it wouldn’t open anyway because debris fell on it. Jack turns around and gets a really strange expression on his face. His hands start shaking oddly. He calls himself down and tells Abigail that they’ll try to get into the elevator from the floor above and get her out (Honestly his plan didn’t make a lot of sense to me).

Jen says she’ll stay with Abigail to keep her calm. Before they can leave to go to the next floor, something happens that causes the roof in the corridor to fall down. There is a small fire in front of the elevator doors. Cameron grabs a fire extinguisher and puts it out. Jen calms Abigail down. Meanwhile, Jack is on the floor mumbling about wars and bombs as flashbacks are occurring in his mind. Jen calms him down and reminds him that his daughter needs him. They breathe together.

Ian holds Madison in his arms, asks people walking by for help but they don’t even bat an eye. He calls them cowards. He whispers to Madison that she needs to stay with him. Help is on the way. They will be together. She is his one and only love. He’s sorry for how he treated her. She deserves a better man. He loves her and not Kate. He was using Kate to get to the Dimera fortune.
Behind him, Kate stands silently, tears in her eyes. She looks angry.

EJ is about to lose his grip on Sami just as Will walks in. He runs up the stairs to the top of the platform to help EJ pull Sami up. Sami wraps her arms around EJ’s neck and together they pull her to safety. Sami hugs both of her heroes and all three sit silently, out of breath.

Bo and Daniel keep pulling debris off of Nicole. Nicole screams that she can’t lose this baby. She flashes back to the moment when Brady told her that her baby didn’t make it and continues to cry. Bo asks Daniel to do whatever he can to keep Nicole calm because if they move too fast the pile could fall on her. Daniel asks Nicole to be strong for her baby. Nicole moans and groans and cries.

Underground, Brady and Melanie wait for help. He tells her that he just got out of rehab. Melanie tries to ask him about it but he doesn’t want to explain. He tells her he’s getting married tonight. Melanie is sorry that she ruined his wedding day. Later, Brady tells her he has a bad feeling…

Jack jumps up and tells Cameron to try to doors again. Together they pull the first set of doors apart and he asks Cameron to hold them open. He grabs a wedge of wood and pries the second ones open. Abigail just sits on the floor, trembling and looking distant. Jack goes to her and the elevator starts to shake. Cameron tries his best to keep the doors open but he’s struggling.

Ian holds Madison and tells her how much he loves her. She very quietly whispers “Brady…I love you.” And then goes very stiff. Ian cries out. He begs her to not leave him. Kate cries silently in the shadows.

EJ, Sami and Will are slowly walking to the warehouse doors. EJ wants to know what happened. Will explains what he knows. EJ tells them he’s going to go help rescue people. Sami tells him that he can’t do that or the police will arrest him. She tells him now is the perfect time to get away and leave town.

Chad tells Gabi that they need to leave but she says she can’t. He yells at her angrily to find out what direction Melanie went when she left. She points and he goes off to find her.

Brady tells Melanie they need to get out, now. Melanie looks up at him and notices that there is a crack in one of the pipes.

Daniel is trying to get a response from Nicole but she’s stopped replying to him.

Lucas jumps out of the stretcher and says he needs to go find Sami, despite Marlena’s attempts to stop him.

In the warehouse, Sami tells EJ he must leave. She will make sure that their kids know what an amazing hero he is. EJ hugs Will and thanks him. He turns to Sami and says, “I guess this is goodbye.” To which she replies, “No it’s not. I’m coming with you.”

Dun dun dun!

Not only does this show Sami's stupidity and self indulgence but again that of ej as well.....if he EVER wanted to change the name of DiMera in the eyes of the Salem community....He should have stayed to help his town. He's the mayor! The fact that he agreed to run makes him even more culpable....despicable.....and ....well....add your own words in.

All the other scenarios are so wonderful...so full of desperation and devotion and the type of courage and truth that such horrendous experiences can bring out in people.

Thank you so much Nicole for writing this up for us. :clap:

Thank you for the great posting of the Days Ahead, first off! :)

I think that Monday's show (in my opinion) went miles toward the redemption of EJ. Just a warning, large amounts of happiness over the awesome EJ/Sami scenes follow. Not wanting to rehash the past, just discuss (in my giddiness) how they are working to redeem EJ during this show - a task which I know some believe cannot be done. Poirot, I apologize if I'm doing this in the wrong forum area. :)

1) EJ risked his life to save Sami. Now I don't fully get how he was risking his life, as he looked pretty solid on that platform, but I guess that if he kept holding onto Sami, he'd be pulled down off of the platform with her. But either way, both Sami and he acknowledge that both are in danger of death if EJ doesn't let her go...and he refuses, stating that he'd rather die than let her go. *sigh/swoon*

2) Throughout the entire incident, EJ has dropped his cool, calculated DiMera demeanor. He's broken and unable to do the one thing he wants to, which at that point in time is save Sami. Awe, because he's in love! :)

3) He chooses to do the right thing. He could have let go of Sami and run, which I think most of us would agree that the EJ of the past would have done regardless of his "love" for Samantha...in fact, Sami even told him to do just that, giving him an out. And he still stayed, doing what he knew was right and showing what love is (putting your needs/desires above the one you love). After Sami was safe, he continued to dote over her, helping her down the stairs and making sure she was still alright. *sigh*

4) He wants to go out there and help people as a mayor would do. In fact, he's very animated and ambitious about doing do. It's only after Sami & Will convince him that he wouldn't be able to help because Salem PD would have him in a jail cell rather than let him out to help with recovery, does he acquiesce to go back on the run.

And HOW CUTE was that little smile on his face when Sami announced that she was running with him? Yay! It feels like, at this moment, that they're trying to give EJ & Sami that love story that we never got to see. And it's awesome. And I know that things might be coming up that might not allow for that, but dang it, I'm going to enjoy the moment and happily watch the full episode via my HDTV on Monday and love those EJ/Sami scenes even more than I did via YouTube yesterday. So awesome!

Before you get angry or upset about my post, just know that I know this isn't a popular opinion or pairing, and remember how much you loved those episodes when your favorite couple finally admitted to their love for one another...and keep in mind that my school girl giggles and exclamations are not meant to offend anyone or suggest that it's okay to do things to another person against their will. I am just a happy girl who's enjoying her favorite couple share some intense, true-love-esq, rescue from the knight-in-not-so-shining-armor scenes. :)

I feel like EJ sometimes does try to make the right decisions but Sami is just very very dim witted. I have yet to understand her plan. If he just laid low, even WENT TO BED the night the Dimera jet was being fueled... (Do we even know why this was happening?) the cops would have came to the house and realized that he isn't packed and there's no evidence of him trying to leave. Does he not understand how guilty running makes him look?! Or maybe I simply do not understand but... I digress.

@Romance Aww I'm glad you're enjoying it!! :clap:

Also, I'd just like to mention how bad some of the 'special effects' were. Ian touches a part of Madison that is cut off by the camera angle and his hands come up looking like he dipped three fingers in BRIGHT red wax or ketchup. And then I don't believe we saw a big wound or cut on her afterwards as he was holding her. I was almost comparable to when Faye Walker took a light tumble down the stairs and then molten tar explodes from her head. LOL :rotfl:They need to work on the consistency of their blood!!

If she was laying in the midst of broken glass, perhaps the blood comes from her back...neck, shoulders, etc.

@Romance...have you SEEN the episode? Or are you commenting about something you saw in a promo clip? (EJ's "cute" smile, when Sami stupidly says she is going with him?)

I feel like EJ sometimes does try to make the right decisions but Sami is just very very dim witted. I have yet to understand her plan. If he just laid low, even WENT TO BED the night the Dimera jet was being fueled... (Do we even know why this was happening?) the cops would have came to the house and realized that he isn't packed and there's no evidence of him trying to leave. Does he not understand how guilty running makes him look?! Or maybe I simply do not understand but... I digress.

Yeah, I agree with you... I would NOT have ran, regardless of how someone made it look. Couldn't they have checked his phone records and verified that he never called to setup the jet? Or if he wasn't packed and was just hanging out, wouldn't that seem obvious too? I guess I dont know enough of what would cause a court to revoke bail...and it would be the court, right? And not the PD who would do so...

@Romance Aww I'm glad you're enjoying it!! :clap:

Awe! Thank you!!!!! :hug:

@Romance...have you SEEN the episode? Or are you commenting about something you saw in a promo clip? (EJ's "cute" smile, when Sami stupidly says she is going with him?)

I've seen the Sami/EJ portions of it via YouTube from another EJ/Sami forum (Forbidden Love). In my opinion, it has a cute half smile at the very, very end of the episode. :)

Thank you, NicoleMarie. Most of it sounds good to me. As usual, there will be fast forwarding at my house when the Ej / Sami stuff comes on.

I hope you enjoy it, Romance, but it just makes me want to :sick: Guess I better restock the barf bag section at the Spectator Store in case we have a run on them.

If EJ had a clear shot of getting away, but then saw Rafe or Brady holding on to the catwalk for dear life, then gave up his chance at freedom, climbed up there and put his own life in danger I could see some redemption. He was already up there when Sami fell. Not letting go of the human in front of you is basic decency. Nicole's sister made bile rise in the back of my throat, but if I saw her falling I wouldn't let go.

EJ is taking the coward's way out by running away instead of helping to rescue people. Not letting people die in front of him when he can help save them might even work in his favor to show that he was being framed about getting on that plane.

He promised his sister he would look out for Abe and Theo. He hasn't shown any concern their safety, Nicole, his sister's mother, or his brother Chad.

Instead he is thinking only of himself. He is going to let Sami risk loseing the company and only source of income for the four children by jumping bail.

EJ put John through what Ian is putting him through. He framed John and put John's entire family at risk. John gave up his freedom and money even though he was innocent to save the people he loves, EJ isn't even picking up a fire extinguisher to help any of his.

My goodness, I wrote a novel in this post:p

Nicole Marie, thank you for posting. Dreading what is going to happen to Jack and I'm also sorry to see Madison leave.:cry: They should have tried pairing her with Lucas before they decided to fire her. There could have been a very interesting dynamic with Kate on one side and Sami on the other. Glad Ian is there for Madison in any event. Hope Nicole and her baby will survive.

Yes, I'm just glad that Ian, regardless of his misdeeds, was there because I would hate to see Madison die ALONE. No one deserves that.

Back