Days of Our Lives - Monday Aug. 13th, 2012

JS, don't worry. I'm not beating a dead horse. I'm just saying that I'm glad that Madison isn't/wasn't alone when she dies.

Sure, like someone is there for Jack when he dies. Tabby, if you think for one minute that if my time came suddenly like it did for Madison, I would want the last face I see to be someone who did to me what Ian has done to Madison, then think again. I would rather it be a stranger than a lowlife abusing conman like Ian.

If EJ had a clear shot of getting away, but then saw Rafe or Brady holding on to the catwalk for dear life, then gave up his chance at freedom, climbed up there and put his own life in danger I could see some redemption.
Fortunately, the American Justice System doesn't work that way. He can be a hero all he wants but he will still be a murderer who hasn't paid for his crime.

EJ is taking the coward's way out by running away instead of helping to rescue people. Not letting people die in front of him when he can help save them might even work in his favor to show that he was being framed about getting on that plane...he is thinking only of himself.

I respectfully disagree. The entire episode I felt that he was thinking of others. Despite the type of character that you feel EJ is, I honestly cannot see how anyone would think otherwise.

1) He didn't drop Sami, which even though it's acknowledged that is human decency to not let someone fall -- is it still considered human decency if your life is threatened by doing so (per Sami & EJ's comments on screen)?

2) He was on fire to go out and help people in the DAYSASTER, and was only stopped after Will & Sami repeatedly told him that as soon as he walks out to do so, he'd be in a jail cell. So it wouldn't do any good.

I know that whether an episode of thinking about other people is enough to redeem the character in everyone's eyes here is DEFINETLY up for debate, but I really think that whether or not he was thinking about others in this episode is pretty cut and dry.

Sure, like someone is there for Jack when he dies. Tabby, if you think for one minute that if my time came suddenly like it did for Madison, I would want the last face I see to be someone who did to me what Ian has done to Madison, then think again. I would rather it be a stranger than a lowlife abusing conman like Ian.

I would wager that I'd be glad just not to die alone period. Regardless of how creepalicious Ian was, they had a history... I've had bad, granted not soap opera bad, relationships in my life...and I'd rather have them ther with me at the end rather than no one at all. Dying alone has got to be one of the worst thoughts in the world. :/

Thanks for the write up Nicole Marie! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I look forward to watching it again Monday, after a nice Olympic break.

In regards to Madison and Ian, at least she is dying with the thought that it is Brady since she replies to Ian with "Brady, I love you".

I would wager that I'd be glad just not to die alone period. Regardless of how creepalicious Ian was, they had a history... I've had bad, granted not soap opera bad, relationships in my life...and I'd rather have them ther with me at the end rather than no one at all. Dying alone has got to be one of the worst thoughts in the world. :/

I agree with you. Even though Madison and Ian didn't have the ideal relationship and he did AWFUL things, he was her ex husband and at least he made an effort to be there for her at the end. Is it my ideal outcome, OF COURSE NOT. I would have rather seen Sami (her childhood friend), one of her siblings or heck even Nurse Maxine be there for her.

Well, it happens. And there ARE those who want it that way. Romance, I give you credit as you always explain your logic and the reasoning for the conclusions you draw. I certainly disagree, but at least I understand.
Now I have not seen the show, the ENTIRE show, so definitely at a disadvantage here. However, I do not think Ej was thinking of Sami, or his children when he decided to jump bail. I don't think EJ was thinking of others when he put Sami in front of him, and when she said whatever it was she said to her father, did not pull her away, but let her stay as his shield.
That part I saw.
But also, I don't think EJ was thinking of others, as much as he was his "mayoral position" when he wanted to go out and see what was going on. I mean, he knew there had to be devastation out there, and no matter what, he only thought of saving himself.
Puleeze...the cops had their hands full, every single man deployed to help with this disaster. Like they are going to stop saving/helping people to arrest EJ???
EJ should have been out there, not running away. It should not have mattered about himself, it should have mattered about others. Heck, there were injured people right below. No, he has to run off.

Dying alone has got to be one of the worst thoughts in the world.

I'd venture to guess many people would rather die alone than have their abuser with them at the last moments of their life.

It would be like Carly being thankful Vivian was holding her hand if she died; or Jennifer being comforted by crazy inmate Lee if she was dying.

deleted unnecessary quote.....JS

I would most definitely prefer to die alone, with my good memories, than have the last face I see be that of my abuser. It would be horrifying, like just one more final blow. Makes me shudder to even consider it.

as soon as he walks out to do so, he'd be in a jail cell.

Not if he wore a disguise:D
Bo & Hope
capture_20111025_155926.jpg

Sami
sami44.jpg

Rafe
IMAG0497-200x300.jpg

Lexie
lexiecloak.jpg

@redsquirrel LOL! I suppose that is true.

@Poirot Good point about him possibly thinking about his mayoral duties and looking good in office as reasoning for him wanting to go help the town - didn't consider that before. I still think that he was trying to help others here, but that's just my take on it. He's really, really adamant on helping the town and refuses to drop Sami, even when she argues that EJ will die if he doesn't let her go. He actually states, "I would die before I let you go", thus the swoon-worthy scene from my perspective.

Now, again, I know that many feel that he can't be redeemed, but IMO Days is really trying hard to do so right now.

I'd love to see everyone's viewpoints when they watch it on Monday. Mine too, once I see the entire episode as I've only watched the Sami/EJ scenes thus far.

Romance, who knows, maybe EJ is thinking about Johnny and Sydney and genuinely does NOT want to see them grow up without their mum. It's also possible that since EJ has lost both Lexie and Stefano, he doesn't want to lose someone else. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one and hope that his heroics are genuine and not part of some underhanded scheme.

What friggin' heroics? From what we've been told, ej wasn't able to hold onto Sami by himself....SO if Will hadn't come along to help...what then? Would he have dropped her? How long would he have done without calling for help and.... it ended up that he didn't do it himself....and heroics? Hell's bells, he chose to run. Anyone who truly had a spine would have put their own personal safety behind that of their duty to their community....that's what a HERO does! If you're really not sure about this...ask any fireman, police or EMT....they'll set you straight.

gotta say, this is truly edge of seat........and fantastic performances from the actors. Matt Ashford is fabulous, Will to the rescue....Kate listening to Ian professing his love to Maddison.....

Back