Days of Our Lives - Monday Aug. 13th, 2012

Thanks for the review….I watched about 5 minutes I saw Melanie bossing Brady around in the tunnels and Madison tell Ian that she loved Brady. I just can’t stomach Ej Sami on my screen at the same time and as long as Marlene and Darrell names are at the end of the show I won’t be watching unless Rafe is on. For the last year these show has been an insult to the viewers intelligent. No one is in character; this reboot has been a huge failure! Hopefully next week we will start to see Tomlin and Whitesell writings!

I did watch the entire show and was impressed. Its the first time in awhile that I actually sat and watched, not listened while doing something else. I think that the writers are doing a pretty good job of tying up the ends of the actors who are leaving this week.

Kudos to Matt Ashford for making Jack a hero in the midst of a personal tragedy. PTSD can incapacitate people, and he obviously is doing everything he can to show the viewers that his love for his daughter is so much stronger that his PTSD. What a tragic waste that this talented actor is leaving again, so much potential story there.

Ian and Madison, who really cares, but what a great way to tie up some loose ends in a nice neat little bow. We learned in on conversation between Ian and a delirious Madison that he loves her most of all, and that he only went with Kate to get in with the Dimera fortune. Best parts, Kate heard it all and Madison called out for Brady!! Deleted spoiler information in non-spoiler forum...JS.

EJ and Sami. Have you ever been driving on the road and had to slow way down to see the accident on the shoulder, and its just to strange not to keep watching? Well, that's how I feel about EJ/Sami/Will and the potential "redemption of EJ". I will compare it to that new show on TLC "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". You watch because you just can believe people are just that ignorant. I agree with Poirot, Ej is more concerned about his office and what people will think about him NOT being there to help people, not actually helping people. As far as Sami and her leaving with EJ, its been a while since Sami left town to go into hiding with a man, so :beat:. Nuff said on that

I really enjoyed the show overall today. People helped each other, doctors were doctors again, cops were cops, parents were parents, and friends were true friends today. If this is the direction things are going, there may be some promise yet!!

When Roman et al had guns pointed up toward EJ and Sami, it looked like the floor where EJ/Sami were standing was about one story up. So, if EJ had arms hanging down from the floor level, and Sami was dangling from there, wouldn't her feet have been [at most] about 4 feet above the ground floor? Probably the drop wouldn't have killed her. What am I missing here?

It did look to be only 7 or 8 feet above the ground before the cliffhanger, then suddenly today it looked like it was much higher up.

But I thought the same thing though, on Friday, from that angle, looked like she'd have dropped only a couple of feet.

Whatever the distance, the danger was in all the electric wires that were doing a snap, crackle & pop on the floor.

Awww heck Barb, Sami's so good she could've stuck a landing like an Olympic gymnast and totally missed the electrical wires! LOL

After all, she did tell Will about being on the gymnastic team in high school! hahaha Guess that was between stealing her baby sister, dealing with bulemia, shooting her rapist, running away and becoming a teenage mommy.

Ok, I can't feel sorry for stupid Sami, so I'll sympathize with Kate. Poor Kate! Would you please work things out with Roman now!

Glad the show is back! My favorite scenes of the day was Kate standing over Ian listening to him confess everything to Madison. Speaking of...Madison..what exactly were her injuries? I must have blinked at what happened to her.

Hate to say this......I fell asleep during the show. I did see the Madison / Ian / Kate part, Will rushing up the stairs to help pull Sami up, and Jack freaking while Cameron was putting out the fire. That was about it.

One thing I thought was weird.......About half way through Will and EJ getting Sami , why didn't Will grap Sami by her belt instead of reaching for her legs to pull them up. Her belt was closer to his hands. That's more logical, and how the police do it. Oh never mind. I guess I answered my own question.

I thought the same thing Squirrel; would've been much easier had he reached down and hoisted her up by grabbing her belt.

So I had to google atomic wedgie to know what the heck you all were talking about, and I am glad Will did not grab her anywhere except her legs. LOL

Although I hate Sami and EJ together...I did think the scenes of him holding onto her as she was dangling were really great. She didn't say she loved him, she said she cared for him...and no matter how much you hate that TPTB put them together at all...you have to admit that in order to have any kind of amicable relationship for the kids' sake, there would have to be some amount of caring.

Loved the scenes with Brady and Melanie. I was glad they didn't act like they'd been in touch for the last several months and leave the viewers wondering when. It was nice to see Melanie surprised that Brady was in rehab and that he was getting married. It was a nice nod to reality (something we don't see much right now).

Twas truly a heart stopping moment, when Brady suddenly said "something is wrong" or whatever it was...just at the moment that Madison died saying she loved him.

Well the show was exciting....I loved the John and Marlena kiss...okay slam me for that, I am waiting. The constant yelling by Sami annoyed the crap out of me...I had to FF thru it. I kept yelling for the rapist to drop her!! The rest was good. I did like the scenes with Brady and Melanie. They did a good job on the show today for sure.

edited to spell out John and Marlena's names......JS

Thanks for the write up Nicole Marie!

I have to say I was a bit disappointed - I think the whole ballroom disaster was a bit over the top. I think that whole Ian/Madison was way way over the top and I was not a fan of Matt's performance this time around. I think it came off really really overly dramatic. I think Missy did a good job to try and make the scene look believable though. I also think the Daniel/Nicole scene was ok. Arianne Zucker (Nicole) doing a great job. The tunnel scene with Gabby, Melanie, Andrew, Chad and Brady was ok not outstanding but ok. Chad a bit over the top and the rest seemed like they phoned in their performances. I think Peter Reckell (Bo), Kristian Alfonso (Hope) and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla)did an awesome job. The warehouse scene I think was done very well. It hit all the right beats for me. I don't agree that Alison Sweeney (Sami) overplayed it. I actually was surprised how spot on I think she was. James Scott (EJ) always amazes me he plays every scene so well. And this was no exception. He really takes acting to a whole nother level.

I don't have an issue with the fact that EJ as the Mayor should have been a leader. It's hard to lead when you are in jail and the police won't let you lead. EJ would have been arrested on the spot. So that argument really isn't an argument IMO. And EJ did want to go and help until he realized they were right he would be arrested immediately. Where was Rafe by the way?

It does seem to appear that perhaps some scenes may have been cut. Ok Roman & Lucas all of a sudden be away from the warehouse and wandering around was weird to me.

I am still baffled by Will and his admiration of EJ. Sami I can get, she has always had this push/pull thing with EJ. But Will and EJ's relationship is just strange. I like their scenes, Chandler Massey (Will) (even though he smiles too much IMO) and James Scott's (EJ)' scenes are someone my favorites. But I just can't buy their relationship and why Will just always wants to be around him.

edited to put actors' last names and characters names since many posters may not know just the first names of the actors.....JS

Back