Days of Our Lives, Monday, Aug. 22, 2011

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
It was a slow and yet a good episode of DOOL today. Lots of good acting but it jumped around A LOT. Sorry it took so long to get this up. Thanks!

Short Summary:
•Sami is not pregnant, but she needs to consult with her Gynecologist to get some tests done.
•The Dimera and Kiriakis families declare a truce and swear at Maggie’s bedside.
•Nicole and Brady aren’t as “together” as Nicole thought. Now that there has been a truce, Brady doesn’t need to protect her anymore.
•Taylor and Quinn talk just cryptically about her past. It is apparent that “good girl Tay” wasn’t always that way.

Full Summary:
Sami talks to Lexi, who informs her that there is no baby, and that she is not pregnant. But that isn’t the real problem…

Kate hangs up the phone from her informant at the hospital, and updates EJ on Maggie’s condition. EJ is angry that Victor didn’t accept Stefano’s offer for peace. He declares that it is up to them to fix this problem.

Brady walks into the pub to see Melanie and Dario being slightly intimate. Brady thought Dario was supposed to be working, but Dario was on his break. Melanie asks Brady about Maggie, and Brady has no idea that she even came off of the ventilator.
Brady has a job for Dario. He has a package that needs to go to china. He’ll give Dario more responsibilities if he can get it there before the stock market opens. Melanie catches up on the fact that Brady hired Dario at Titan to keep him away from her. Meanwhile, Nicole walks in and hears the whole thing. Melanie wants the war over. She leaves to go to work.

Nicole says a sentence that tears my heart strings: “I know everyone thinks that she’s just darling, but she’s just a little ***** to me.” And no, she did NOT say “witch.” Nicole wants to know what they are to each other. (Meaning, Friends, lovers, boyfriend/girlfriend)

Victor goes in to see Maggie. She wants the war over, also. Victor can’t trust Stefano anymore. Melanie interrupts with pills and water for Maggie. Victor doesn’t mind giving Melanie a minute with Maggie. They talk and hug and then Melanie leaves.

Rafe walks into the hospital with Sami’s banana and strawberry smoothie, and sees a pamphlet in a stand. “What the Expectant Father Can Expect.” He looks at it and smiles. Then he goes into the room where Sami is. He gives her the smoothie. He talks about the pamphlet he looked at. He gushes and even at one point talks to her tummy. Then he gets a call, Dario found some beat up girl at the pier. Rafe needs to go.

Taylor sits next to Quinn at the Cheatin’ Heart. Taylor lets him know that she’s now working for the Salem PD. Taylor says it’s in her best interest to know what Quinn is up to. Quinn says that will not be the case, Taylor will be keeping him informed on if the police have caught up to them.

Justin and Sonny talk about ways they could stop the war.

Chad goes to the DiMansion. EJ called him there to get him to pick up some of his stuff that he left. EJ and Chad talk about family and such. Chad gets a phone call from Sonny. Sonny asks Chad to get EJ and Stefano and bring them to the hospital

Brady gets a phone call and it’s Sonny, wanting Brady to go to the hospital. Nicole wants to talk about their relationship, but Brady needs to go.

Sami couldn’t believe that she wasn’t pregnant, so she’s going to prove it. She leaves the hospital. At home, Sami has taken many tests and are all negative. Lexi knocks on the door. She’s sorry that Sami isn’t pregnant, but tells her that isn’t all. Sami needs to call her gynecologist and get an examination and a pelvic sonogram. She isn’t specific as to “why” she needs these things. Sami is scared to tell Rafe. But Lexi says they can just enjoy trying.

Rafe find this girl at the pier. I thought she was stabbed but clearly she wasn’t. She was just beat up. Rafe takes her to the hospital. This is the third girl that was beaten up. He promises he’ll find the guy and make him pay.

Nicole walks into the police station and talks to someone turned around in a chair. She wants to know what’s being done about this war between the Dimera and the Kiriakis families. Taylor turns around and makes some smug remark. Taylor informs Nicole that she now works there.

At the hospital, everyone meets at the nurses’ station. Everyone, that is, except Stefano. They start to make a truce without Stefano. The elevator door opens and Melanie walks in. She tells Brady that Maggie should have a say in this. Maggie was shot, she should decide if these apologies are genuine.

They all enter Maggie’s room. They stand around her bed. One by one, they say something along the lines of “I will not be the one to break the peace.” Everyone goes around and says it, and then Stefano and Kate enter. Stefano says that he understands they’re making peace. He simply says, “Count me in.”

Later, outside Maggie’s room. Kate explains how a family would work, and then wants fresh air. Leaving Chad and Stefano together to talk. Chad can’t be the son that Stefano wants. He can’t live that life. He never can.

Justin congratulates Sonny for stopping the war while Maggie thanks Victor, and Victor tells her to go to sleep.

Back at the Cheatin’ heart. Taylor informs Quinn that one of his girls was attacked at the pier. Taylor says she will no longer keep her mouth shut. Quinn says that fine, but if she says anything, everyone will find out that “Saint Taylor” isn’t such a Saint after all.

Brady goes home to find Nicole sitting in his living room. He explains about how he made peace. Nicole says that since the war is over, there isn’t any need for her to stay at the mansion any longer. He says he guesses not. Nicole asks him to look her in the eyes and say that he wants her to leave. They kiss.

Rafe calls Sami and asks her if she wants anything. She only wants him. She needs him to come home. Soon.

Next time:
Quinn tells Chloe, “You better pull yourself together before your next job.”
Kinsey tells Chloe “Two women have been attacked, do you want to be the third?”
Chloe tells Quinn, “Just let me go, Quinn. Let me go.”

Oh, wow, a meeting of the "Dons" and it wasn't even at a long conference table or in an Italian restaurant, LOL.
So now Quin has a stoolie inside the P.D. (someone tell the mayor & commish about background checks and fingerprints, please)

Kudos to Sonny & Justin for figuring out the way to do what needed to be done.
And now the 3rd girl is beaten up, and this is one of Quin's girls. Hmmmm.

Thanx, Nicole.........A question. Is Brady seriously sending Dario all the way to China? Or did he send him to make sure the pkg. gets there Air Federal Express, or something like that?

Wonder if Quin will now seek "revenge".

Just a couple of corrections. Rafe did not find the beat up girl. Dario found her and called Rafe. And she was a prostitute on her first job not some random girl.

So just like that, the war's over? That was quick.

I feel bad for Sami. Even though she probably doesn't need another kid at this point and I understand all too well the emotional ups and downs of thinking you're pregnant one minute and something being wrong the next. I'm thinking this is going to be a pretty short story arc that will take us into Sept for the reset.

Sounds like the green-eyed monster gets the better of Nicole with the Melanie situation. Nicole needs to just back off of Brady. She can be there for him as a friend but she needs to not concern herself with trying to "get back together" with him. He is way too messed up right now. His priorities are all over the place and nowhere near where they should be. Maybe if he's able to get his life together he and Nicole will have a shot but I don't really want her subjected to him right now because she's just going to get her heart broken.

Love that Quinn told Taylor that everyone would find out that she was so "sainted" if she blabbed on him. I wish he would!

Poor Sami - Rafe is going to be so let down when he finds out she isn't pregnant.

Yay! The war is over. Now...let's find something else to argue about. LOL!

For cryin' out loud, now Melanie wormed her way into the "war and peace" story. Getting rather tiresome to find her into everything on the show. I am all for not isolating characters and story....but tis getting to be a bit too much.
That said, I thought the scene of everyone filing into Maggie's room, and promising to keep the peace was rather moving. And then, I was happy to see Chad still holding his ground.

Thanks for the summary, NicoleMarie. I'm looking forward to watching.

I am not a huge fan of Melanie, and most of the time I'm not one who just can't ever stand her either, although there are times when I can't. But I definitely agree, she has way too much screen time. It just brings her off as a busybody and it does get tiresome! If she gets romantically involved with Brady I will probably move into the "can't stand her" category.

Melanie has entirely too much screen time. She is everywhere, in everyone's business, all the time! :hair:

Back